'Missing 411', by David Paulides: Tracking unusual missing persons cases

David Paulides - Talks Bigfoot DNA & Missing People Jul 10, 2016

https://youtu.be/ORJDbMG4fSs
David Paulides is a writer, researcher, and investigative journalist notable primarily for his authorship on missing people: the subject of mysterious disappearances in national parks, and also in urban areas as in his more recent books. Paulides has drawn significant national attention and has been featured on numerous radio shows as well as television interviews and prime time newscasts.[1]
Playlist all videos :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdnj9...
And Others
http://www.canammissing.com/SARYOUTUBE.html

c.a. said:
I say it all has a lot of holes in it. Your data is all within the realm of what might have possibly happen especially given his age and the danger. Would anyone allowed him to go alone. Less the 411 reality?

But i ask why did it take so long to find his body? Why did the others allow him too go alone? And did they have any cell contact?

What was his venue out and would he surely have given this information to his co-hikers on a Topo (topographic) map?

Why were his backpacking partners not thinking (hello), and they allowed him to solo back for help?

I think it is a wait and see of what the official autopsy revels. If there is any real follow up on this incidence. IMHO

PS Thank you for your insight.

Not to dismiss things out of hand yet, there is nothing new that could be found. Further more in depth interviews of some of the other hikers might shed better light on this than the original story did. Anyway, yeah, your second question is a good one (and follow ups) as it seems that that type of terrain and elevation would not be conducive to letting one of the climbing party go wandering away. If he had had problems, physical problems that demanded he reduce his elevation (or other problems), he would not have gone alone. Even without problems (yes, "hello") he should/would be accompanied.

On the original Summitpost website http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/missing-person-mt-whitney-area-t73886.html forum section there is a post that says:

Missing Person: Mt. Whitney Area

Postby gdurkee » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:12 pm
Hi All:

Not sure if this is repeated elsewhere on this forum, but there's a search going on in the Whitney area. Information and description is here:
EDIT 4PM. Better link: https://www.facebook.com/InyoCountySheriffsOffice/
We're interested in talking to people who were on the Whitney summit on Tuesday, 6/19 and, especially, anyone who was in the area of the Mountaineering Route or Whitney/Russell Col from late Monday to present. Also of interest is anyone who was on the west slope that leads down to Crabtree and Hitchcock Lakes after Tuesday noon, or so.

If you could give NPS Investigations a call, we'd appreciate it. Even if you didn't see the individual, your times and locations not seeing him will help eliminate terrain.
Call 559-565-3117 and ask for me by name until about 8PM or after 7 in the morning.

There are also two Australians or New Zealanders from Tahoe who talked to the missing person's party on Tuesday we'd like to locate.

Thanks,

George Durkee
NPS Search and Rescue

Not sure if they found or talked to them.

Thanks Beau for the new book update and c.a. for the video - bookmarked, will catch that later.

voyageur said:
Not sure if they found or talked to them.
Thanks Beau for the new book update and c.a. for the video - bookmarked, will catch that later.
SummerLite said:
The film you linked c.a. Was very interesting. Thanks.

Thanks also for helping to keeping up for any local information and questionable situations that demand further investigation.

"Knowledge Protects"

https://youtu.be/5ymjp2uIBws

Thank you for sharing the interview, kalibex! As usual, very interesting and creepy! Can't wait for see the documentary.

Came across a story (happened on the weekend) on the West Coast of BC, Canada. The story was of a missing boy of three years of age, and he was found, thank goodness, the next day after sleeping overnight. Nothing exactly "Missing 411" about the story, even in Paulides's case studies some kids are found alive and seem fine, yet they are in unlikely places.

Here is the link to the news video http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/missing-boy-comox-union-bay-lochlyn-mackenzie-1.3721564 which features this at 18:00 min mark.

What got my attention here were a couple of things though:

1. was that the child of three was found 4 km. away - conveyed, apparently, on a wee little bike without peddles (featured in the video).
2. he was eating berries (that is what he remembers when asked).
3. was found around water (small lake).

These are a few of the commonalities that David discusses in cases - however, I don't know about this one.

Photo included:

Attachments

• Missing BC Aug 2016.jpg
    Missing BC Aug 2016.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 213
kalibex said:
http://youtu.be/s07o9KH16f8
Keit said:
Thank you for sharing the interview, kalibex! As usual, very interesting and creepy! Can't wait for see the documentary.

Ditto.

I found the information on the unholy comparison to the Perditor quiet interesting.

Jason in Missouri called in to tell of a weird experience he had while hunting in the Missouri woods:
Source:_http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2016/08/tree-people-garden-gnomes.html
Source: Coast to Coast - July 31, 2016
David Paulides was the guest, talking about his new book MISSING 411:

THE HUNTERS. “Hey, I called and talked to David about a year ago on Noory's show. But I forgot to tell. I don't know if David remembers or not but I had the same experience that David had where I was in the woods. I had gotten lost. I was deer hunting and I got about ten miles deep in the woods. I was in Everton, Missouri and the woods are really thick back there.

The woods went dead just like David had reported what happened to him and I felt something watching me. And the best way I can describe it is like if anybody has ever been through a tornado, you know that drop in the temperature that you feel? That's what it felt like.

I started walking and as I was walking, I sensed something was watching me, like it was mimicking my steps. So I thought, I'll take a step and act like I'm going to step through and see if whatever is following me takes a step. And I didn't step down and I heard the crunch. I turned around and nothing was there.

Anyway, what I seen in the woods that night was... it was really crazy. It was... I seen some garden gnomes... concrete garden gnomes ten miles out in the woods and I was just wanting to see if David had ever seen any strange occurrences at a scene like that. It was really crazy... I know that sounds crazy.

These garden gnomes were ten miles out in the woods and I know that this sounds completely crazy but I remember I sat down with my bag up against a tree, up against a big tree because, you know, it really had me scared. I had that feeling like, I don't know, that something wanted to hurt me and then

I waited it out for probably ten or fifteen minutes for like the forest to come to life, animals started going around again and then I immediately darted as fast as I could up the mountain and I was listening for a highway and I got out of there. But, yeah, it was really crazy.”

A while back i went on a solo day time hike in the bay-area Oakland CA. (redwoods), that i had frequently done over a 15 year period.

Know the area well. Including small pocket locations (off trail), that i would seek refuge for a momentary rest, (at the end of a 2 half hour hike). It is just slightly off the main trail.

As i enjoyed the tranquility, the calm, (while sitting among natures splendor), there were the sounds of breaking twig's, and the slight rustling of dried leaves. The movement was some what methodical.

Whilst just finishing a cigarette, when i became aware of the activity behind me.

Staying neutral, with the speculation of a deer, (or small animal of prey), being my thoughts of what it may be.

I did nothing while activating all senses. Dialing in all the essence of smell, hearing, feelings, and what ever psychic ability (third eye), i could muster to figure out what it was that was moving, and its direction.

It's movement seemed slight, and deliberate. Like maybe what ever it was sensed me as well. Herd no voices, no animal utterance.

It lasted a short while, and then stopped. I just held my seated position, and relaxed, thinking that some one (or something) would make an appearance. But nothing materialized.

Waited about 10 minutes, then put out the cigarette butt and pored water on it to be safe, then moved out and called it a day.

Sometimes there have been some strange occurrences in this park. But thank God, nothing like some of the situations in Davids latest UT.

OK. safe and dusty trails to all.

5e9c841cac73b416a0f9527e1b718d51.jpg

I follow David Paulides on Facebook and saw these two posts. It looks like someone is trying to take credit for his work and has threatened him with a lawsuit.

August 19, 2016 10:32am
Missing 411 Forum-PLEASE read this in its entirety

When this Facebook group was formed, I was approached, told of the idea and was assured that I’d be an admin to the site if I approved the name use.
As the weeks went on, other admins allowed the fringe element on as "friends" that decided that they were going to lie about the facts inside of Missing 411. I went onto their post and corrected them. The other admins took down my corrections and immediately deleted me as an admin. Unbelievable. There was no way to get back on as an admin.

I didn’t understand at the time what the purpose of this was. As weeks passed I started to realize that this was a strategy to get me to approve the use of the name, delete my ability as an admin and then place other admins that had the same strategy to attack and demean the books. There are hundreds on this site that still think I am a part of it., I AM NOT.
I should state that there are two admins that are supportive of my cause, at least they say so. They claim they don’t have the power to overturn decisions by others.

They are still admins on the site.

Yesterday was the end of the road.

I was advised that they made Steph Young an admin.
Who is she? She is an author that ahs written books that directly play off my books. She never existed in the publishing world until she started to follow me.

Here are the publication dates of my books and the correlating publication dates of Steph’s books and their titles. You can go to Amazon to confirm the dates.

Missing 411- Eastern United States March 2012
Missing 411- Western United States April 2012
Missing 411- North America and Beyond February 2013
Missing 411- The Devil’s in the Detail April 2014

Steph Young- “Something in the Woods- June 2014
Steph Young-“Predator in the Woods December 2014
Steph Young-“Taken in the Woods” March 2015

Do I need to make clear how she got the idea for these books?
Missing 411- A Sobering Coincidence July 2015

Steph Young-“Dead in the Water” March 2016

I wrote about young men missing and found dead in the water, she comes out with a book after mine on the same topic….

One admin on the site made a post that Steph young was the founder of the missing person concept and she should be lauded for this. She responded and said she appreciated people who supported her. Steph Young never existed in this arena until her first book on the topic on June 2014. Why would she say this???
Now Steph Young has been allowed to not only join the Missing 411 Forum, they made her an admin, thus she controls content. I ask anyone, why would she want to be so intimately involved in the Missing 411 Forum if not to get content, then remove it and keeping it for herself? Does she want to alienate my fans from me? She is accepting comments that she was the founder of the missing people idea. Why? She posted her books from Amazon on the forum yesterday, is this just to push her inventory?

The following was posted to the “Missing 411 Forum” in response to Fritz Cayo (admin) post regarding Steph Young:

“Fritz Cayo In your long previous post, I find it funny that you spoke of truth and people with an agenda. I'm not sure where you got your facts from here or why you wouldn't check before making a public post to this group. When you do that, people read it and then to believe it to be true. The facts are that David Paulides published 4 researched and published 4 books begininning in March of 2012-April of 2014. These are all before the author you spoke of wrote 1, first being June of 2014. So, no, that does not qualify for pioneer in the missing person field. First to publish a book on the topic of people of people drowning. Wrong again. David published a Sobering Coincidence in March of 2016, Steph in July of 2015. So I've set the record straight so that people will know the truth. I also find it disturbing that Steph Young did not correct your facts. First, David Paulides is rejected as an admin for this group, which ironically is based on his Missing 411 Books. Then the groups disrespect him by having an author, who clearly published her books well after him become an admin. And then you discredit his work in your post. Who has an agenda? David Paulides should be outraged by the actions of this group.”

I ask each of you to put yourself in my position. You’ve built a brand, Missing 411. A group of individuals take the forum from you and allow a competing author on to control content and posts and then you are excluded from commenting to admins.

I’ve heard of similar situation from others, I just can’t believe it happened to me…
What would you do if placed in the same situation?

The final embarrasment is that they completely banned me from the site!!

August 20, 2016 10:00am

The latest with Steph Young, author.

She sent me the following email this morning:

Mr Paulides.
I suggest you stop publicly defaming me and encouraging others to do so. Your statements are factually incorrect,
are defamation and are libelous. Encouraging others to also make defamatory and libelous statements is tortious interference, and again, not advisable for you to do. This applies to all forms of media.

**I advised Steph that I NEVER made any statements that were not truthful and I would never encourage anyone to attack or defame her.

A few hours after the first statement was this email:

David,
I'm taking you to court for defamation and libel.

I explained to Steph that she had actually committed "Tortuous Interference" by separating me from my fans on the Missing 411 forum. Here is the definition:

"Tortious interference with business relationships occurs where the tortfeasor acts to prevent the plaintiff from successfully establishing or maintaining business relationships."
Steph separated me from fans on the "Missing 411 Forum". By being an admin, she has the ability to eliminate friends on the page, add friends, control content and allow other admins inside. After she came on board, I was eliminated and she was one of the admins.

Now she is threatening me with slander and defamation based on the post I made yesterday, yet, she cannot point to anything I stated that wasn't factual..Hmm.

Teresa said:
I follow David Paulides on Facebook and saw these two posts. It looks like someone is trying to take credit for his work and has threatened him with a lawsuit.

August 19, 2016 10:32am
Missing 411 Forum-PLEASE read this in its entirety

When this Facebook group was formed, I was approached, told of the idea and was assured that I’d be an admin to the site if I approved the name use.
As the weeks went on, other admins allowed the fringe element on as "friends" that decided that they were going to lie about the facts inside of Missing 411. I went onto their post and corrected them. The other admins took down my corrections and immediately deleted me as an admin. Unbelievable. There was no way to get back on as an admin.

I didn’t understand at the time what the purpose of this was. As weeks passed I started to realize that this was a strategy to get me to approve the use of the name, delete my ability as an admin and then place other admins that had the same strategy to attack and demean the books. There are hundreds on this site that still think I am a part of it., I AM NOT.
I should state that there are two admins that are supportive of my cause, at least they say so. They claim they don’t have the power to overturn decisions by others.

They are still admins on the site.

Yesterday was the end of the road.

I was advised that they made Steph Young an admin.
Who is she? She is an author that ahs written books that directly play off my books. She never existed in the publishing world until she started to follow me.

Here are the publication dates of my books and the correlating publication dates of Steph’s books and their titles. You can go to Amazon to confirm the dates.

Missing 411- Eastern United States March 2012
Missing 411- Western United States April 2012
Missing 411- North America and Beyond February 2013
Missing 411- The Devil’s in the Detail April 2014

Steph Young- “Something in the Woods- June 2014
Steph Young-“Predator in the Woods December 2014
Steph Young-“Taken in the Woods” March 2015

Do I need to make clear how she got the idea for these books?
Missing 411- A Sobering Coincidence July 2015

Steph Young-“Dead in the Water” March 2016

I wrote about young men missing and found dead in the water, she comes out with a book after mine on the same topic….

One admin on the site made a post that Steph young was the founder of the missing person concept and she should be lauded for this. She responded and said she appreciated people who supported her. Steph Young never existed in this arena until her first book on the topic on June 2014. Why would she say this???
Now Steph Young has been allowed to not only join the Missing 411 Forum, they made her an admin, thus she controls content. I ask anyone, why would she want to be so intimately involved in the Missing 411 Forum if not to get content, then remove it and keeping it for herself? Does she want to alienate my fans from me? She is accepting comments that she was the founder of the missing people idea. Why? She posted her books from Amazon on the forum yesterday, is this just to push her inventory?

The following was posted to the “Missing 411 Forum” in response to Fritz Cayo (admin) post regarding Steph Young:

“Fritz Cayo In your long previous post, I find it funny that you spoke of truth and people with an agenda. I'm not sure where you got your facts from here or why you wouldn't check before making a public post to this group. When you do that, people read it and then to believe it to be true. The facts are that David Paulides published 4 researched and published 4 books begininning in March of 2012-April of 2014. These are all before the author you spoke of wrote 1, first being June of 2014. So, no, that does not qualify for pioneer in the missing person field. First to publish a book on the topic of people of people drowning. Wrong again. David published a Sobering Coincidence in March of 2016, Steph in July of 2015. So I've set the record straight so that people will know the truth. I also find it disturbing that Steph Young did not correct your facts. First, David Paulides is rejected as an admin for this group, which ironically is based on his Missing 411 Books. Then the groups disrespect him by having an author, who clearly published her books well after him become an admin. And then you discredit his work in your post. Who has an agenda? David Paulides should be outraged by the actions of this group.”

I ask each of you to put yourself in my position. You’ve built a brand, Missing 411. A group of individuals take the forum from you and allow a competing author on to control content and posts and then you are excluded from commenting to admins.

I’ve heard of similar situation from others, I just can’t believe it happened to me…
What would you do if placed in the same situation?

The final embarrasment is that they completely banned me from the site!!

August 20, 2016 10:00am

The latest with Steph Young, author.

She sent me the following email this morning:

Mr Paulides.
I suggest you stop publicly defaming me and encouraging others to do so. Your statements are factually incorrect,
are defamation and are libelous. Encouraging others to also make defamatory and libelous statements is tortious interference, and again, not advisable for you to do. This applies to all forms of media.

**I advised Steph that I NEVER made any statements that were not truthful and I would never encourage anyone to attack or defame her.

A few hours after the first statement was this email:

David,
I'm taking you to court for defamation and libel.

I explained to Steph that she had actually committed "Tortuous Interference" by separating me from my fans on the Missing 411 forum. Here is the definition:

"Tortious interference with business relationships occurs where the tortfeasor acts to prevent the plaintiff from successfully establishing or maintaining business relationships."
Steph separated me from fans on the "Missing 411 Forum". By being an admin, she has the ability to eliminate friends on the page, add friends, control content and allow other admins inside. After she came on board, I was eliminated and she was one of the admins.

Now she is threatening me with slander and defamation based on the post I made yesterday, yet, she cannot point to anything I stated that wasn't factual..Hmm.

Hopefully David has learned the lesson that he needs to maintain control over his intellectual property and brand.

David should win in court if he is sued, but money and time will be wasted.

He should do a crowdfunding so he can sue the Facebook group.

This is lousy.

He's clearly been targeted for demolition. Outrageous psychopathic lies accusing him of the very crimes being committed against him. Text book.

-And possibly (likely?) resourced from somewhere to sport nonsense lawsuits in order to wear him down psychologically and financially. -Which is also becoming a text book method of attack.

What does this mean?

Well, it's a reasonable indication that he's worth paying attention to.

Hopefully his support base will help him through. I also think taking a note from Laura's hard-learned playbook could serve him well; start his own discussion group and lay out the truth in as detailed and rational a way as possible. It's an exhausting job, but Truth has the advantage of being supported by the Universe itself, its logical framework is just there, needs only to be revealed. It doesn't depend on a rickety web of lies which need constant and exponentially greater maintenance over time in the form of STS energy-fueled lies repeated endlessly. It might even serve to bring greater light and public awareness to the subject.

Hugs, David!

It certainly seems as if a trap was laid and David fell right into it. After all - who wouldn't want his documentary to be successfully released w/ increased exposure and public awareness the end result? Tie him up w/ legal machinations just for starters. Who knows what else will be malevolently directed towards him. Will it be a surprise if his house burns down? Let's hope something on the order of Boston brakes or worst isn't ultimately employed.

It seems like there were 3 cases of young men "drowning" in the capitol of Slovenia last year. They were all found in the water under very strange circumstances and police explained it away as drug abuse. In one of the cases young man could be tracked walking alone on CCT in the old town but then he just vanished into thin air between two cameras.

I learned about this from locals and apparently it was all over Slovenian newspapers but was unable to find anything in English on the net so I cannot send any factual data to Paulides.

I also inquired about disappearances in Slovenian national parks and it seems there were few interesting cases in past decades that would fit Missing 411 pattern.

JEEP said:
It certainly seems as if a trap was laid and David fell right into it. After all - who wouldn't want his documentary to be successfully released w/ increased exposure and public awareness the end result? Tie him up w/ legal machinations just for starters. Who knows what else will be malevolently directed towards him. Will it be a surprise if his house burns down? Let's hope something on the order of Boston brakes or worst isn't ultimately employed.

Oh boy, that was some focus that David laid out of what happened and this other, Steph Young character.

David's defense:

David said:

"Tortious interference" is a good one, it is a Tort reference (old ones) when economic relations are being hampered. Courts recognize these if presented well.

Really sorry this happened to David, yet as you say, Jeep, he is being tied-up it seems, so sure hope he can get the help he needs to overcome this. Ultimately though, he may have to consider alternatives of how best to get things out there, how best not to become entangled when the system does not want the message being told and operates against.

Well, I shouldn't worry too much - insofar as there is now a Missing 411 Forum Facebook group where Mr. Paulides is a member, and an Admin. And it'll stay that way. But it's not that original group he refers to in the posting above.

It's a new group that was formed on Friday (August 19th). I know...because I'm the one who created it.

To make a long and convoluted story short, one or more of the admins on the Facebook_group_formerly_known_as_Missing_411_Forum (as of Friday, the name had been changed to the more general 'Missing and unexplained Forum') did add Ms. Young as an admin. Within a day she had publicized a couple of her books which she'd switched to free on Amazon. As per his post, that was the last straw for Mr. Paulides (and many of us members as well). The focus of the group had changed and blurred, another author was promoting their products, and yes, posters were being allowed to carp and snipe at Mr. Paulides, who wasn't even allowed the courtesy of being an admin. Several of us asked that the admins change the group name to something more general, and release the Missing411 name, as it were. They did so, and after attempting to message Mr. Paulides at his Facebook page but getting no reply (I don't know him, so used that way of contacting him) I re-created the Missing 411 Forum group, basically to secure that group name, so familiar to posters. Someone who knows him added him to the member request queue, whereupon we added him and made him an admin. He's obviously a very busy guy, and probably sick of FB after what happened... but he'll always be welcome there. And we'll keep an eye out for the troublemakers - no disrespect will be tolerated.

As for the Paulides - Young conflict, I heard (2nd hand) that they have communicated (by phone, I believe). Here's hoping that's so, and that everyone involved will calm down and cooler heads will prevail.

kalibex said:
Well, I shouldn't worry too much - insofar as there is now a Missing 411 Forum Facebook group where Mr. Paulides is a member, and an Admin. And it'll stay that way. But it's not that original group he refers to in the posting above.

It's a new group that was formed on Friday (August 19th). I know...because I'm the one who created it.

To make a long and convoluted story short, one or more of the admins on the Facebook_group_formerly_known_as_Missing_411_Forum (as of Friday, the name had been changed to the more general 'Missing and unexplained Forum') did add Ms. Young as an admin. Within a day she had publicized a couple of her books which she'd switched to free on Amazon. As per his post, that was the last straw for Mr. Paulides (and many of us members as well). The focus of the group had changed and blurred, another author was promoting their products, and yes, posters were being allowed to carp and snipe at Mr. Paulides, who wasn't even allowed the courtesy of being an admin. Several of us asked that the admins change the group name to something more general, and release the Missing411 name, as it were. They did so, and after attempting to message Mr. Paulides at his Facebook page but getting no reply (I don't know him, so used that way of contacting him) I re-created the Missing 411 Forum group, basically to secure that group name, so familiar to posters. Someone who knows him added him to the member request queue, whereupon we added him and made him an admin. He's obviously a very busy guy, and probably sick of FB after what happened... but he'll always be welcome there. And we'll keep an eye out for the troublemakers - no disrespect will be tolerated.

As for the Paulides - Young conflict, I heard (2nd hand) that they have communicated (by phone, I believe). Here's hoping that's so, and that everyone involved will calm down and cooler heads will prevail.

Nice work getting the Missing411 name back for David.

As for cooler heads prevailing, that's like hoping a psychopath with have a conscience. Certainly the situation has shown that attacks are to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom