Mom in ICU with sepsis, Hail Mary post!

My sincere condolences to you and your family, SAO. I can only imagine how it must be to go through such a loss. May your mom and the mom of your friend settle in well in 5D.

As to your grandma, I agree with what others said: Telling your granny the truth as sensible as possible and organizing to take care of her in a way as appropriate in this case are what would seem most important right now. While honestly communicating with each other on how to go about this, and about the roles you could take on while respecting your feelings and capacities. This way you can carry each other and your grandma through the current situation, and if she decided to leave there would be no unfinished business that would keep her soul from moving on.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers in these times, and may you find the right way to handle this situation. Whatever evolves and even if the worst you fear is to come - we are always here for you. :hug2:

My deepest condolences to you and your family @ScioAgapeOmnis. Our prayers are still with you and for your mother's peaceful transition.

Perhaps you can let us know what you, your brother, and your father decide about your grandmother's continued care. It isn't easy to have a mother or grandmother in a nursing home but even though my sister was a nurse and cared for my mother in her home for several years with the help of her husband to help lift etc. eventually it came to a point where they could not handle everything.

I do think those in the nursing home did the best they could for my mother considering. She finally decided when to go to 5D and towards the end ate less and less. I hope you will know more as you talk it out and observe your grandmother's reactions and comments.

We are still here for you. :hug2:

Just a quick update - everything is good with grandma. We told her about mom’s passing last Saturday (a bit over a week ago) and said she passed peacefully in her sleep rather than get into the whole hospital situation. They gave her a lorazepam anti-anxiety med to help ease the impact. She was of course distraught and sad, but ok. She didn’t eat or sleep much for about 3 days afterwards but we kept coming every day bringing her different food and spending time with her, and she eventually started eating again. So we had a bit of a scare but as of right now it seems grandma is willing to hang around for a while longer, and that makes us happy!

We have also been spending more time together as a family overall, which was unfortunately impossible with mom around (and not just because of her cancer). So there is definitely a silver lining here, but things are going well!

The wake, burial, and reception were on May 24 and everything went really well. It was really weird to find out when I got home that night that there was a school shooting the same day. It kinda gives a little perspective. Here we are mourning the passing of just one person, and it has occupied our lives and emotions for a few weeks, but I can’t even imagine how the parents who lost those kids feel - perfectly healthy, happy, young kids with their whole life still ahead. Life is just.. fragile! And the best laid plans of mice and men don’t mean much. Best to be bold, fearless, and do what’s in you to do now, because there may not be a next week.

Merci de partager avec nous vos informations... Je suis contente que votre Grand Mère es trouvé la force d'accepter ce départ douloureux... Votre Maman est toujours dans mes pensées et prières, quelle jolie Maman vous aviez...
La fusillade est plus que triste et absurde mais il faut savoir accepter les choses comme elles sont puisque nous n'y pouvons rien...
Prenez bien soin de Vous maintenant... Nous ne sommes jamais séparés de ceux qu'on aime... LOVE

Thank you for sharing your information with us... I am glad that your Grandmother found the strength to accept this painful departure... Your Mom is always in my thoughts and prayers, what a beautiful Mom...
The shooting is more than sad and absurd but we have to accept things as they are since we can't do anything about it...
Take good care of yourself now... We are never separated from those we love... LOVE

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Please, do also receive my belated condolences and thank you very much for sharing this with us.

I think you handled the situation with grace and a lot of external consideration.
You and your familiy are in my prayers for a smooth adapting to this new situation.

My heartfelt condolences belatedly. These are very difficult situations and it is certainly difficult to give advice if you do not know those affected. The fact that children die before their parents is probably the maximum punishment for people. In our eyes no natural order - according to cosmic plan probably no coincidence but simply a period of time , which there was to fulfill for the person concerned. 😢

My belated condolences SAO. Deaths of close family are never easy and often have many relationship ramifications but they are the one thing we must all face in the end. I am glad your grandma seems to be accepting of her daughter's death. It is amazing that we convince ourselves of one thing and something else happens. One of my late uncles lost his wife many years ago and our family were all convinced that he would go to pieces completely as she was the family driving force and he utterly adored her. On her death due to lung cancer he mourned as you would expect but adapted himself to his new life without her amazingly well. Having a close knit and loving family around helps enormously of course and thankfully that would seem to be the case for your family. My best wishes to you all. :hug2:

Sorry for your loss and condolences to you and your family SAO.

I'm glad that things have worked out with your grandma despite her grief. Sometimes we're more resilient than we know, but take care of yourself because it seems that you still have a lot on your plate, though being surrounded by loving and considerate family members is a great help.

Back
Top Bottom