Most interesting documentaries on Youtube

Syrian Diaries. 9 years of war [RT Documentary 2020]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Z-IOUO_6I
It’s now the tenth year since protests turned into war in Syria. Veterans and a TV cameraman look back on how they first got caught up in a conflict they didn’t understand. They share with RT Documentary the memories of bullets and explosions they live with, the losses they’ve experienced, and how their homeland has been changed by violence.

Heartbreaking documentary about dehumanization in the name of progress.

London Council Estates (1971) | Where the Houses Used to Be | Doddington and Rollo Estate

They're building flats where the houses used to be". 'Flat' might as well be a dirty word in this sobering documentary on Battersea's Doddington and Rollo estate - a vast, high-density development built by Wandsworth Borough Council in the late 60s to house some 7,000 people. Refreshingly, the commentary comes entirely from the mouths of the residents themselves: young mothers, working fathers, elderly women, teenagers and children, who discuss their experiences, particularly the issue of loneliness and isolation.

The film was made in 1971. when the estate was still being developed. Just one year later, the tenants' association complained that Doddington was rapidly deteriorating. As one young female resident puts it: "I don't think I'd give these places 20 or 30 years before they become slums. I think I'd give it two or three years, the way they're going at the moment.

I watched this wonderful documentary some time ago on the Mayan language. It is short (52min) and entertaining, but the real impressive thing about this one was not just Mayan language but the WAY it was discovered. Essentially, little advancements were made here and there over a period of a few hundred years, until finally a group of people interested in the language from all different disciplines got together and made massive advancements in a matter of days! It really opened my eyes to how important it is to network and think as a group, worth the watch!

Cracking the Maya Code

Israel's ultra secret cyber warfare "Unit 8200"
( From Wikipedia)

Unit 8200 (Hebrew: יחידה 8200‎, Yehida shmonae -Matayim- "Unit eight - two hundred") is an Israeli Intelligence Corps unit responsible for collecting signal intelligence (SIGINT) and code decryption. Military publications include references to Unit 8200 as the Central Collection Unit of the Intelligence Corps, and it is sometimes referred to as Israeli SIGINT National Unit (ISNU).[1] It is subordinate to Aman, the military intelligence directorate.The unit is composed primarily of 18–21 year olds. As a result of the youth of the soldiers in the unit, and the shortness of their service period, the unit relies on selecting recruits with the ability for rapid adaptation and speedy learning.[2] Afterschool programs for 16–18 year olds, teaching computer coding and hacking skills, also serve as a feeder programs for the unit.[3] Former Unit 8200 soldiers have, after completing their military service, gone on to founding and occupying top positions in many international IT companies and in Silicon Valley.[4][5]According to the Director of Military Sciences at the Royal United Services Institute, "Unit 8200 is probably the foremost technical intelligence agency in the world and stands on a par with the NSA in everything except scale."[6]

Is there a Galactic Federation? - ROBERT SEPEHR​

There has been a lot of speculation regarding alleged advanced anti-gravitic technology following the second world war, with some claiming the establishment of a secret space program based on these technological breakthroughs. A number of German scientists were said to have been incorporated by the US through Operation Paperclip, with a segment that may have escaped according to some accounts of the events surrounding Operation Highjump in Antarctica.

Understanding the Opioid Epidemic 2018 - Jan 17, 2018
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdcCqg1e_SQ
Understanding the Opioid Epidemic combines stories of people and communities impacted by this epidemic along with information from experts and those at the frontlines of dealing with the epidemic. The program traces the history of how the nation got into this situation and provides possible solutions and directions for dealing with the crisis.

Back
Top Bottom