The "Mandela Effect"- Has my Bible changed? Or do I just have a bad memory like most people?

Interesting 48 minute interview with the software designer about what might be going on, some of his experiences, plans for the future, etc.

This is not my first encounter with the "Mandela effect". Years ago a friend posted on Facebook about the Berenstain vs Berenstein bears and how they remembered it. I remember it as Berenstain now and believe I thought the same then. Now I know whatever way I remember the name in the past did not match the "correct" way. I think at the time the name was Berenstein. I commented on my friend's Facebook post about that. I tried finding the comment but have not found it yet. I also went to a box of my kids books in the past to see if I still had the book. I did not have the book and then I Google the name which confirmed the way I remembered the name was not correct at the time.

What made me comment is that my memory of the name is correct now. What I am hoping to do is find the comment on Facebook and see if my memory of the name has changed in the last few years. I am fairly confident Berenstein was not correct because the 'stein' always comes to me as stine when I look at it.

Hello @Woodsman.

Then there are those stories which, when I hear them, tend to come from people who don't even know the term, "Mandela effect", and their examples are far more dramatic.

Here's a good one...

A friend of mine, when she was a teenager, had to walk up the road to a neighbor's for some reason. On the way, she encountered a downed power line and tree branch, blocking the road. She said there were sparks and foliage on fire. She carefully made her way around it on the far side of the road and arrived in a fluster at the neighbor's house and reported it. A call was put in to the power company and people were dispatched. However, they found nothing. All was normal. She was taken to the spot on the road and, sure enough, there was nothing out of the ordinary to see.

She was confused and upset and the adults were annoyed.

A few hours later, on her way back home, she came across the same scene; a downed branch and power line and burning foliage. She went home, and this time said nothing and felt like she was going crazy.

That kind of story I put into a different pile. -Of course, I don't know if there wasn't some mundane explanation for her experiences, (a particularly powerful dream mixed with old memories perhaps?), but they require a different level of analysis it would seem.
(...)
Indeed, that's a good one ! Particularly, the same scene with the foliage still burning after a few hours, that's strange.

For such a case, I would suggest a case of clairvoyance, more precisely : retroviewing (sight of the past) or remote viewing (sight of a far place). She may have viewed a scene of the past, at the same place, or a scene of another place, at the same time.

An famous historical example of the second case is the sight by Emanuel Swedenborg (scientist, philosopher and mystic) of a fire in the Stockholm from Gothenburg, 400 km away. Cf.
And many more in mystics' lives.

There are stories of the first case, too. For instance, a former partner of mine (highly gifted in mediumnity and clairvoyance), went to Venice, Italy, with her daughter, in the decade 2000. There in a street she had a sight in a building (through the walls, from the outside) of a ball (people dancing)... of another century.

You all might find this book has some wonderful bits and pieces of info in it.
I started reading it a few weeks ago, in between a few others....

"The Flip" Epiphanies of Mind, and the future of Knowledge
by Jeffrey John Kripal

"The astonishing successes of science and the unreasonable ability of abstract mathematics to model and mirror the furthest reaches and cosmic history of matter, I suggest, are the best evidence for our own secret nature.

Human science works because human nature is cosmic.

Part of how the flip works involves the dramatic and powerful ways that the event communicates meaning to the individual, often through baroque or fantastic imagery (think of the wild imagery of a near-death journey to “another world” or of a life-changing psychedelic “trip”).

Conventionally, these images and narratives have been interpreted in entirely subjectivist or hallucinatory ways as fundamentally meaningless—that is, as possessing no real connection to the real world.

That is a serious mistake, I will explain, and one that is easily avoidable once we distinguish between conventional and symbolic forms of communication and representation.

Finally, I explore some of the moral, social, and political implications of the flip.

Not the what or the how of the flip now, but the where to and the what for.

The single big idea here is that once one makes the flip and begins to understand that consciousness is fundamental, is a primitive of the physics and mathematics of the universe, it becomes more than apparent that every local religious ego or political identity, every local story, is historically relative, built on and constructed out of this deeper-minded matter or conscious cosmos.

One can still affirm and nurture all of those local relative identities after the flip as intimate expressions of consciousness (and so one can also continue to act from within a particular story and its script, if one so chooses), but one will no longer make the dangerous mistake of privileging one’s own inherited story and script over every other.

One will recognize that there are many stories, many ways of enacting a form of reality, and that each of these do different things well (and other things poorly). It really matters, then, which story one lives in (depending on what one wants to do well), but no story, however “sacred” or “scientific,” can or ever will be absolute and speak for all of human experience and human potential, much less all of earthly or cosmic life. This is not a curse. This is a promise, a gift, and a preservation.

As in biological evolution, so, too, in human culture and consciousness: Pluralism and diversity are precious goods that enable life to survive, flourish, and experiment, like an artist at work.

The flip, in short, relativizes and affirms each and every culture, community, and religion, even as it cosmicizes and—I dare say—spiritualizes shared humanity.
The flip results in a new cosmic comparative perspective that reorients us within an immeasurably larger vision of who we are as a species of the cosmos and what we might yet become.

The future of knowledge, it turns out, is also the future of us.[...]

The Flip is an intervention into our present fraught political moment—fraught because we appear to have lost any sense of the cosmic human and have shrunk ourselves down to this or that minuscule religious, nationalist, secular, ethnic, or genetic ego.

We are shrinking into oblivion.
We have it all exactly upside down.
We have forgotten, or not yet realized, our own secret giant grandeur.
And so we suffer.
May you not suffer like this any longer.
May the present “you” not survive this little book.
May you be flipped in dramatic or quiet ways."

Kripal, Jeffrey John . The Flip Bellevue Literary Press. Kindle Edition.

"once one makes the flip and begins to understand that consciousness is fundamental"

Debra, an interesting post. You may find this article I wrote on another forum interesting as it also explores consciousness and the Mandela Effect.

Bizarre. Since you mention it, yeah, I was always under the impression that Gibralter was an island. I even recall specific texts that talked about monkeys on the island that had evolved independently and that was because it was an island. I also recall that paleoanthropologists/archaeologists, etc, were amazed at Neanderthals being there because it meant they could cross the water; or perhaps they suggested that, at the time, Gibralter was connected to the mainland.

So, I just went and checked and sure enough, Gibralter is now a "promontory" and not an island at all. Fancy that.

I found many interesting Gibraltar island references and then the added "attachment by a sandy promontory...'
and many deleted or page not found broken links when looking further into it.

Perhaps at higher water levels it was indeed an island?

"This resupplied the island at a critical time in the face of concentrated air attacks from German and Italian forces. Spanish dictator Francisco Franco's reluctance to allow the German Army onto Spanish soil frustrated a German plan to capture the Rock, codenamed Operation Felix."
Gibraltar - Wikipedia

To add to this strangeness, I had a past life regression where I seemed to be a soldier escaping marauders and hiding in the caves of Gibraltar ( this was before I knew anything about there even being any caves there).

"This resupplied the island at a critical time in the face of concentrated air attacks from German and Italian forces. Spanish dictator Francisco Franco's reluctance to allow the German Army onto Spanish soil frustrated a German plan to capture the Rock, codenamed Operation Felix."

The word "island" in the above is a reference to the island of Malta. The full text is:

The naval base and the ships based there played a key role in the provisioning and supply of the island of Malta during its long siege. As well as frequent short runs, known as "Club Runs", towards Malta to fly off aircraft reinforcements (initially Hurricanes, but later, notably from the USN aircraft carrier Wasp, Spitfires), the critical Operation Pedestal convoy was run from Gibraltar in August 1942. This resupplied the island at a critical time in the face of concentrated air attacks ...

I found many interesting Gibraltar island references and then the added "attachment by a sandy promontory...'
and many deleted or page not found broken links when looking further into it.

Perhaps at higher water levels it was indeed an island?
In the beginning of the cited article, one can reads :
If one ever dreams of living on a small island yet still enjoy all the facilities of the 21st century, Gibraltar or as it is sometimes known, the Rock of Gibraltar, is the place. An English island dividing the Spanish and African worlds, the Rock, to many enshrouded with a romantic aura, is a unique place to spend a few days.
Indeed, Gibraltar is a political "island", but not a physical/real island : it's a peninsula (from the Latin words "paene" almost and "insula" island...)

Have had cause to question the quality of my own recall lately (which is usually pretty accurate by all accounts) with one example ,in particular, exceedingly odd - but then another yesterday while revisiting the Éiriú Eolas on-line version, that now has me wondering?

Admittedly it's been a couple of years since the last viewing...but can anyone advise if there are or were two videos?

Sounds dumb I know, but with the belly breathing demonstration for example;

1596586862103.png

The first time around (and I can still 'see' it clearly) it was outdoors in a grassed area, the model was in black and Laura was seated in the background, in a wicker lawn chair, near a large tree.

Or wasn't it...:umm:

The first time around (and I can still 'see' it clearly) it was outdoors in a grassed area, the model was in black and Laura was seated in the background, in a wicker lawn chair, near a large tree.

Or wasn't it...:umm:

That's what I recall to have seen once too. I did an extensive search to find it but failed. Nevertheless, rest assured your memory isn't playing tricks with you as far as I'm concerned because my minds eye can still 'see' it clearly as well, exactly as you described it.

First I went back to the start of the thread on Éiriú Eolas as I figured that would be the safest bet where it could have been posted but found nothing there after skimming through quite some pages.

From there, I went all the way back to the origin of the discussion around breathing exercises starting with Session March 7, 2009 and subsequently several others from that same year, in the hope it would have been posted during the follow-up discussions on any of those but found nothing there either.

And finally, I searched with several different key words and phrases specifically concentrated on Laura's name as the poster but had no success that way either. The only thing I could find was the announcement of an upcoming video starting here (I think): June 12, 2009 and repeated several times afterward in other posts.

What I surmise could've happened is that the video we are recalling was indeed posted somewhere once but retracted and/or deleted lateron after an improved one was made, notably the one now available in the official Éiriú Eolas package and in the current online version .

There may be yet another explanation so if anyone could shed more light on this, I for one would feel much obliged to hear about it. FWIW.

Edit: spelling correction and changed faulty link.

Last edited:
I did an extensive search to find it but failed...

...What I surmise could've happened is that the video we are recalling was indeed posted somewhere once but retracted and/or deleted later on after an improved one was made...

Thanks Palinurus,

Ditto...only decided to mention it as the footage appeared of similar vintage / quality and with things seeming stranger by the day, it wouldn't surprise me at all if my memory failed next...

👍

Whoa, flashback! That picture is a screenshot from the first iteration of Eiriu Eolas, where an exercise to improve belly breathing was being demonstrated. SHOTH is a suitably heavy book to work your diaphram against! As Palinurus said, it was superseded by a newer version of the EE video available here.

Back
Top Bottom