The "Mandela Effect"- Has my Bible changed? Or do I just have a bad memory like most people?

Beau said:
I agree with all that. These examples seem to be less about the Mandela effect and more about the way people remember things and like you said, the way people fill in the blanks with regards to memory or don't notice/remember details like the scarecrow having a gun. I did watch Star Wars religiously as a kid and never once noticed a silver leg, but others have told me that he did indeed have that, so the simplest explanation is that I just never paid close enough attention.

Here's a screenshot. Would you have noticed on VHS back then?

Attachments

• C3PO.jpg
    C3PO.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 285
Joe said:
Beau said:
I agree with all that. These examples seem to be less about the Mandela effect and more about the way people remember things and like you said, the way people fill in the blanks with regards to memory or don't notice/remember details like the scarecrow having a gun. I did watch Star Wars religiously as a kid and never once noticed a silver leg, but others have told me that he did indeed have that, so the simplest explanation is that I just never paid close enough attention.

Here's a screenshot. Would you have noticed on VHS back then?

Probably not as a kid. Though as an adult re-watching the original trilogy on Blu-Ray I also never noticed it. But if you watch this, I now see the silver leg which more than anything just shows how our attention is not as sharp as we think it is:

https://youtu.be/sPG_G65dKBc

It got by me as i never paid attention to such a detail when i saw it in the 70's in SF. Ca. :zzz:

Revoltech-Revo-003-Star-Wars-C3P0-Promo.jpg

droids.jpg

C-3PO
_https://www.google.fr/search?q=c3p0&client=firefox-b&biw=1920&bih=931&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiX8u_8h9DOAhWKWxoKHa8HCiQQsAQINg

Beau said:
Probably not as a kid. Though as an adult re-watching the original trilogy on Blu-Ray I also never noticed it. But if you watch this, I now see the silver leg which more than anything just shows how our attention is not as sharp as we think it is:

Well, ya gotta admit, with the reflection of the sun and other lights, parts of the gold even look silver. And we're talking here about the shin area of his right left, not even the whole lower leg.

Joe said:
The only thing that stands out for me is the Moonraker scene, I really do remember that she had braces, but apparently not. Which is kind of weird as Beau says.

Here's a later Simpsons reference to the Moonraker braces scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgvZqQKPO9g

Joe said:
Beau said:

Well, ya gotta admit, with the reflection of the sun and other lights, parts of the gold even look silver. And we're talking here about the shin area of his right left, not even the whole lower leg.

Yeah one can see that in this photo.
latest

_http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Insider

Let me list some really weird changes:

Genesis 1: 1 heavens is now heaven
mathew 6:9 - 13 The Lords prayer has changed - "in earth" instead of "on earth", "debts" instead of "trespasses"
Isiah 33:8 Judges 20:32 mentions :highways"
exodus 13:12, 13:15, 34:19, numbers 3:12, 18:15 the word "matrix" is used
luke 19:27 Would Jesus say anything like this???
luke 19:23 "Bank"?? and did Jesus need to keep his money there for coming??
luke 17:34 "two men in a bed"????
luke 17:35 "two women shall be grinding together"??
mathew 26:45 what Jesus said has changed
isaiah 11:6 now says "wolf" instead of "Lion"
1 samuel 25:22 "pisseth against a wall:??
genesis 21:14 uses the word "bottles"
isiah 3:19 uses the word "mufflers"
acts 12:4 uses the word "easter"
john 3:16 "den of thieves" has changed to "where they sell merchandise"

and imoges of all kinds! eg, mathew 6:32 ":)"

ankhepiphan said:
Let me list some really weird changes:

Genesis 1: 1 heavens is now heaven
mathew 6:9 - 13 The Lords prayer has changed - "in earth" instead of "on earth", "debts" instead of "trespasses"
Isiah 33:8 Judges 20:32 mentions :highways"
exodus 13:12, 13:15, 34:19, numbers 3:12, 18:15 the word "matrix" is used
luke 19:27 Would Jesus say anything like this???
luke 19:23 "Bank"?? and did Jesus need to keep his money there for coming??
luke 17:34 "two men in a bed"????
luke 17:35 "two women shall be grinding together"??
mathew 26:45 what Jesus said has changed
isaiah 11:6 now says "wolf" instead of "Lion"
1 samuel 25:22 "pisseth against a wall:??
genesis 21:14 uses the word "bottles"
isiah 3:19 uses the word "mufflers"
acts 12:4 uses the word "easter"
john 3:16 "den of thieves" has changed to "where they sell merchandise"

and imoges of all kinds! eg, mathew 6:32 ":)"

You must have missed the post where I described how different versions published at different times can be different. What version are you reading? Is it the SAME book you read before?

In my RSV, it is heavens.
Amplified: heavens.
Septuagint: heaven.

Since scholars have recently begun to form a consensus that Septuagint (LXX) is probably older and more original than Masoretic, and that the KJV was actually done from a very bad exemplar, there is a trend to make such corrections. So, without specifics, like a scan of the title page and publisher and date, your data is worthless.

Niall said:
Joe said:
The only thing that stands out for me is the Moonraker scene, I really do remember that she had braces, but apparently not. Which is kind of weird as Beau says.

Here's a later Simpsons reference to the Moonraker braces scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgvZqQKPO9g

Just watched this clip w/ the referenced movie scene. When Dolly first half smiles, area between her lips is dark and neither teeth or braces is really discernable. Jaws smiles and as he is facing into the sunshine, his braces glint. Dolly then gives a full smile in which I see only teeth and no braces and no glint either as sun is shining on her back. In the Simpson's clip, the girl's braces glint which gets a reaction from the Comic guy. Not sure if I ever watched the entire Moonraker movie as it wasn't that appealing to me.

One of the episodes of Modern Family has Phil the dad saying in a Darth Vader voice, 'Luke, I am your father'. Of course, his son's name is Luke and it wouldn't have been funny for him to say, 'No, I am your father' in the scene as presented. However, I assumed the Luke version was what had been said in the movie.

Also thought the Field of Dreams line was 'build it and they will come', but then the bit about Shoeless Joe Jackson appearing may have been the 'build it and he will come':

Field of Dreams is a 1989 film about an Iowa corn farmer who hears a voice telling him: "If you build it, he will come." He interprets this as an instruction to build a baseball diamond in his fields; after he does, Shoeless Joe Jackson and other dead baseball players emerge from the cornfields to play ball.
Field of Dreams - Wikiquote

Did popular culture tweak the actual quotes for both this movie & Star Wars?

I actually brought up the whole Sex IN the city vs Sex AND the city in another past transcript thread and whether 'splitting realities' might be involved. Funny that this time, when I followed the Simpson's clip link, I noticed that all related youtube posts by Josh Sparrow include delusion in their titiles! How's that for weird synchronicity?!!

The Simpsons Moonraker braces mandela effect is the strong delusion

family guy creator mandela effect is the strong delusion

Double Bubble mandela effect is the strong delusion

apples have always been blue!? mandela effect is the Strong Delusion

Hi Laura

It's the King James Version from my grandmother. The only one I've been reading for years! Thins have definately changed - I mean Imoges? Also if you do an image search for "lamb laying with wolf", you will see a few in a state of flux, -- with the image of the wolf and lamb, but with the word "lion" in the text

Sorry but the right click is not working - cant cut and paste.

How about the JFK assasination? Do you remember 4 people in the car, or 6 people

Search Mandella effect jfk

Palinurus said:
How about the JFK assasination? Do you remember 4 people in the car, or 6 people

This link shows original footage with 6 people in a stretched limousine, just as I remembered it to be.

Six

JFK_MOVIE_4025263.jpg

In 1991, Oliver Stone came to Dallas to recreate the assassination of President Kennedy in Dealey Plaza. Next week, the James Franco-starring-and-co-produced adaptation of ’11/22/63′ will do the same thing. Kind of. (David Woo/Staff photographer)

Video

united-states-presidential-motorcade-traveling-through-downtown-video-id513284693

United States Presidential motorcade traveling through downtown.gettyimages.com
http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/vid%C3%A9o/united-states-presidential-motorcade-traveling-film-dactualit%C3%A9/513284693

Beau said:

Yeah. Take the "Luke, I am your father" example. The original says "No" instead of "Luke", because it is in reply to Luke saying something like "I know enough, you killed my father!", so replying "no" makes sense. But when quoting the phrase afterwards, there is no point in contextualizing it within a dialogue, so it's natural to come up with a memorable, close enough phrase. One that makes it clear that it's about Star Wars, by including the word "Luke". Basically, the brain fills the blanks for convenience in a (semi) automatic way.

Remember the man in the gorilla suit walking among the basketball players. I know people who swear the gorilla was NOT there when they watched it the first time, even when the same tape was rewinded immediately to prove to them that it was. Likewise, we never noticed C3PO had a silver leg because nothing in the movies hints to it being of any significance and under bright light gold and silver are easily confused.

I watched some of the video with examples of how geography has supposedly changed, and I think that most of the examples can be explained by the distortions in maps as opposed to actual globes. Countries look bigger, smaller or misplaced, etc.

Thinking about Mandela, if people hear the suggestion that he died in jail, it sort of 'makes sense' considering all we know about him, so the brain just accepts it. But in reality, he didn't. I remember him getting out of jail, but when I first read that he could have died in jail instead, I doubted if he had - cause it's plausible.

'Sex and the City', I always remember it being like that, but it's easy to see how people can remember it as "in". It sounds similar and it actually makes more logical sense. It's more natural to think that "sex happens in the city", than "sex" and "city" being two items that can be listed together like, say, apples and oranges.

I don't discount the possibility of real shifts of timelines, but I don't think we've come across a convincing example yet.

Back
Top Bottom