my folky blues original music

Neuvo Meditation Rap??? Just kidding it's just it's own genre I think. I could actually understand the words in the Rap part. :thup:

Hahahaha.....I Like it..yeah kind of undefinable as far as genres go......yeah he did a good job...it was fun trying something different!!

Working on a bunch of tunes, now that I am on holidays, so hope to have some more up soon, also recording a friend today, she does folky stuff so that will be fun too

so my new music video and song are now live :)

I have returned to my roots, this a heavy (prog) rock song for those interested in the genre

Wow @987baz! That is so professional sounding and visually stunning. You really have talent in your roots I think. I don't usually listen much to the "heavy (prog)" genre but that was a very enjoyable production.

It reminds me of something the Cs said to Ark.

Session 9 October 2001:
Q: (A) This quantum fractals idea I had. I had this idea and it distracts me a little bit, that I should spend a few days creating a web page and doing the calculations with quantum fractals. It distracts me. And I like it. Can you help me? Is it the right thing to do, or should I reject it?
A: Good idea to do what excites you.

Wow @987baz! That is so professional sounding and visually stunning. You really have talent in your roots I think. I don't usually listen much to the "heavy (prog)" genre but that was a very enjoyable production.

It reminds me of something the Cs said to Ark.

Session 9 October 2001:

Many thanks goyacobol!!!! I'm glad you liked it!! Yeah I do play around with a lot of different types of music, but I think the rock stuff just seems to excite me more for the time being! love that quote!!

Hey Baz,

Very cool stuff, english is not my first language so I had a hard time picking up the lyrics, i'd love to know what the song says, if you wouldn't mind sharing the lyrics.

The only small observation, and this is purely personal and totally constructive, is that the technique you used in some parts of the video where the black and white background is alternated at a certain rhythm, made it a bit uncomfortable visually.

the lyrics in case anyone is interested.

Irreducible Complexity

Swing on the spiral
Lonely stars of long gone
Comfort denial
Charging, suffering, karmic
Something is hiding in the arms of her song
Heart is divided
Calling

Rage
Show me love
The holy something
Way beyond the one I know
Brave
Something less than symbiotic
Something more than undertow

Wetiko viral
Sewing darkness undone
Seeding the vile
Charging, counter cathartic
Constantly striving clears the coarse from the heart
Halves are united
Calling

Pain
Show me something only honest
Solely functioning as one
Save
Suffering is embryonic
Bear the burden
Feed the soul

I see the end, the holy blend, the cycle bends and I will hold
I reach into the solitude, the void anew and I will know
A rolling sin, her subtle skin, the flame within and I will grow
To recreate, the fluid state, invigorate and I will hope
Inside the mind, the crow that flies, a -jezebel- of lies and I will show
Becoming whole, the center stone, to light the soul and I will go
A hope renewed, with gratitude, no thoughts intrude and I will flow

Breath it in and I found my tone
Breath it in and I found my throne
Breath it in and I found my hope
Breath it in and I found my own
Breath it in and I found my soul
Breath it in and I found my home

Holding Trident, look for the triplicate rising
Old man young man, balance the dragon inside him
Faith in hiding, bringing the subconscious out in to the light and kindle the candle for climbing
Holding something strong

You can’t hate the serpent for biting its tail any more than a teacher for teaching lessons. How do reconcile fate and free will? Believe in unlimited possibilities and in the benevolence of the universe and the process. Faith does require some proof, otherwise it is indeed blind. That’s why knowledge is the key, never stop seeking, never stop learning and the journey will take care of itself.

Holding, holding on
Feeling, I’m feeling strong
Dream it and find your way home

Lay the light in hiding nothing from the soul
Pay your mind and leave something for the toll
Feeding karmic and you’ll never be alone
Breath it in and find it was there all along

Be the best I can
This is who I am
With all my flaws
I won’t give in
Take my truth
My word my plan
And do what you need to do
I will not break

Choose the way you are and the way you will be riding on
Soon the wave will come and all that is left will be the battle I’ll be gone

Sage
Why become
The ugly old sin
Something calling from beyond
Say
I’ve been something idiotic
Something more for me to learn
Blame
Nothing less than good intentions
Paving downward into hell
Raise
Everything is learning
Knowledge
Spiral out and feed the soul

Very cool stuff, english is not my first language so I had a hard time picking up the lyrics, i'd love to know what the song says, if you wouldn't mind sharing the lyrics.

The only small observation, and this is purely personal and totally constructive, is that the technique you used in some parts of the video where the black and white background is alternated at a certain rhythm, made it a bit uncomfortable visually.

Thanks Alejo!!!! hope the lyrics above help with that :) there are quite a lot of layered lyrics in parts, with spoken words and extra harmonies, s I hope the above makes sense.

there was actually a lot more of the strobe lighting effect in the earlier cuts, so we shot some extra stuff because I felt the same way! maybe I should put a warning in for those sensitive to that kind of lighting?

The truth is that I personally liked the video and the song. Very professional and well done. I noticed the influence of Tool and Maynard James Keenan specifically (I imagine that it's indeed an influence as an artist on you). The lyrics are quite powerful too. :thup:

Many thanks IronFloyd!
Yes indeed, I am a massive Tool fan! I have never tried to emulate them, but they are huge influence on me. Hopefully all the other influences I have along with my own uniqueness makes my music it's own thing.

it's different writing, recording, producing and mixing everything yourself, a challenge I have really enjoyed. Having my own home studio is great too, and not having a band, means I can record when ever I want.

I am almost finished the next song (just a few tweaks still on the mix) and have begun a third, so hopefully I will keep pumping them out for a while yet, it certainly is cathartic for me :)

the song was written about 6 or 7 months ago, when I was discovering things about myself I never knew. It's kind of about a relationship, and seeing the complexity of that, understanding that we are complex, and if you take parts away, or at least don't acknowledge them it doesn't work.It's also like my signature quote below from Laura, we learn to ride the bike by riding the bike, relationships are the same. It's deeper and more intense than that, but it's my best approximation without writing an essay about it haha

the music video, is also interesting, we shot the female part about 7 years ago, just playing around with some friends, always liked the footage but never used to it for anything (I used to have my own video and photography business) so I decided to use that footage for this song and shoot all the other stuff now. So, the male part (me) and the female part where shot at the same place but 7 years apart. with my job I run the TV studio, so the rest i shot there, just a two man crew for most of the shoot, and we edited it in a a few weeks. Feels great to have it done and out there!

So, baz... the big question... Do you have an aim for your sonic, verbal and emotional expression?

So, baz... the big question... Do you have an aim for your sonic, verbal and emotional expression?

As in do I want to make a living from it? or, as in what do I want people who listen to it to get from it?

Well... I guess another way to put it is: What is your motivation and intent and purpose with what you are expressing? For yourself, and for others. (the audience)

Back
Top Bottom