my folky blues original music

Cheers Turgon, appreciate you saying so mate!! Like we saud today at the crystal meetup, we should maybe try and reignite the band or have skype jams or, I dunno work on some tunes together over the net!

Thanks Arwenn, really appreciate the support!!! Yeah, the next track is almost finished, just got a few little things to tweak, so hopefully it will be done sometime this week and be out in a couple of weeks. I am aiming at getting one track out a month minimum, hopefully more as it seems to be one of the only things I find helps at the moment, so I think there maybe a few more emotional tracks on their way haha

I really like the lyrics and that acapela part was very creative too. I think you are in your element. You take what seems like a simple basic melody and it becomes an arrangement. I notice subtle changes that add depth to the whole. Cool! :cool::cool2:

Who doesn't love this thought?
Coz love feeds love

I actually wanted to add a choir to the acapela part, singing the falsetto parts, but alas, the digital fx choirs are still pretty crappy and getting a real choir, well, that's not going to happen.

Yeah I tend to be more organic than most producers, I don't like to cut and paste, prefer to do all the parts for exactly that reason, it's the little changes that make it more human? or more real maybe? (so thanks for noticing!!!)

Yeah, this song was written just before we broke up, it's funny how the meaning has changed for me. The verses are about my feelings for her and the chorus is really about me sticking around to see her grow and evolve. Now that we are not together, they still have meaning, as we have remained friends, as hard as that is, so I still want to watch her grow, coz all love, no matter if it's a friend or a partner , needs love, and I do take some solace in that thought.

Trying to mentally figure out how the choir thing would sound, I’m sure whatever you put together will be awesome :) Have you done any art work to go with the tracks?

haha, yeah, the choir would be epic I think, might be a bit too much, but if I ever make it big, I'll re-record with a choir, just because!! and thank you :hug2:

I have some artwork that may work, looking at making a music vid or 2 as well, good to keep myself busy ;)

I totally agree with others Baz, you really do have an amazing voice! :wizard: I'm not an expert on technicalities of music but this is definitely my kind of song, I just purchased it on iTunes :wow: Thank you for sharing it with us! :flowers:

I totally agree with others Baz, you really do have an amazing voice! :wizard: I'm not an expert on technicalities of music but this is definitely my kind of song, I just purchased it on iTunes :wow: Thank you for sharing it with us! :flowers:

Thank you so much Ant :hug2: your support and feedback is most appreciated!!!! :bacon::dance:

Im almost finished the second track, hopefully it will be up in a week or so

Lyrics below in case anyone is interested. I actually used the original vocal that I recorded at 3am because of the emotional content. (the night before the breakup) You can actually hear me lighting a cigarette at the start of the track too :cool2:

ICU
Here I am in all my ugliness, in all my beauty, take me as I am
Coz I see you and your complicated heart, in all your mystery, and I want in

Antique skies and all these songs
A life of trials, the dust of fate blows on and on
Reminiscent of Venus, A brilliant light that shines, you’re the morning star

Here I am in all my tenderness, in all my callousness, take me as I am
Coz I see you and your enduring heart, in all your majesty, and I want in

A tender rant, the wise one knows what must be done
As the candles burn
Inside the void the voices brighten the way
As her flowers bloom

Here I am in all my certainty, in my ambivalence, take me as I am
Coz I see you and your prodigious heart, in your magnificence and I want in
Here I am in all my ugliness, in all my beauty, take me as I am
Coz I see you and your complicated heart, in all your mystery and I want in

my second track "ICU" just went live :)

Cool tune baz, I dig it.

Had to have a listen after reading the lyrics (thumbs up) and knew was onto a winner with the inhale at the intro - very RnR :cool:

ala ACDC's 'Night Prowler' - one of my all time favs...

Nice raw vocal too and love where the overdriven guitar comes in :headbanger:

Inspiring effort mate.

Good on you.

J

Cool tune baz, I dig it.

Had to have a listen after reading the lyrics (thumbs up) and knew was onto a winner with the inhale at the intro - very RnR :cool:

ala ACDC's 'Night Prowler' - one of my all time favs...

Nice raw vocal too and love where the overdriven guitar comes in :headbanger:

Inspiring effort mate.

Good on you.

J

Thanks gnosisxsophia!!! much appreciated!! yeah it's a bit more rock this one, haha, returning to my roots, just felt the last chorus needed to go a bit bigger!!
Oh nice, I do like a bit of the ol ACDC myself, pretty sure there's a Gun n Roses track where they do the same in the intro, I actually cut it out initially but when I was mixing it, I decided to leave it in for a more "authentic" feel!
:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom