my folky blues original music

Thank you for sharing baz.

There's a positive message in this one for sure. And I can hear the lyrics much clearer than some of the other ones. :thup:

987baz said:
so I just finished another new song, well apart from a few vocal bits in the bridge. I haven't had time to record it in the studio yet, so I have posted a recording from my phone, not a great recording but you get the idea.

With all the doom and gloom going on in the world, it's hard to feel grateful sometimes, but this network is something I will always be grateful for, so in a sense this song is inspired by everyone here, thank you :hug2:

As I Breath:

The road is open, but it's hard and cold.
But every step I take, leads me back home.

As I breath in the all, in this space, I belong.
With faith in my soul, I am happy and grateful.

Alone we battle on, alone we are lost.
You hold that mirror up, in truth I trust.
The whole is stronger than the parts, in turn.
To live a selfish life or burn to serve.

And now this tin man, has found his heart.
As tears roll down my face, I know I am loved.

Nice one baz. ;) Sounds nice as an acoustic version.

987baz said:
so I just finished another new song, well apart from a few vocal bits in the bridge. I haven't had time to record it in the studio yet, so I have posted a recording from my phone, not a great recording but you get the idea.

With all the doom and gloom going on in the world, it's hard to feel grateful sometimes, but this network is something I will always be grateful for, so in a sense this song is inspired by everyone here, thank you :hug2:

As I Breath:

The road is open, but it's hard and cold.
But every step I take, leads me back home.

Alone we battle on, alone we are lost.
You hold that mirror up, in truth I trust.
The whole is stronger than the parts, in turn.
To live a selfish life or burn to serve.

And now this tin man, has found his heart.
As tears roll down my face, I know I am loved.

Hey 987Baz, I really like this one! Look forward to hearing the studio version :)

Thanks Beorn :D

How's the flute playing coming? any more tracks to listen too?

Beorn said:
987baz said:

No, not yet. I'm doubting my own ability.

yup, I know the feeling, but I have to say that, doing this live thing has really helped me get over some of that stuff.

I think the act of doing, helps let go of these programs, because when you do it and those negative expectations don't manifest, it makes you stronger and lets your inner insecurities know that they are wrong!

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you write the greatest song ever or the worst, what matters is you have let a part of yourself go, allowed that vulnerability and are still standing ;) also you never know how a song may affect someone else, it might be just what they need, it may inspire or console or any number of other things, I guess the point is, IMO, DCM gives you a gift, so you use it :)

987baz said:
Beorn said:
987baz said:

No, not yet. I'm doubting my own ability.

yup, I know the feeling, but I have to say that, doing this live thing has really helped me get over some of that stuff.

I think the act of doing, helps let go of these programs, because when you do it and those negative expectations don't manifest, it makes you stronger and lets your inner insecurities know that they are wrong!

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you write the greatest song ever or the worst, what matters is you have let a part of yourself go, allowed that vulnerability and are still standing ;) also you never know how a song may affect someone else, it might be just what they need, it may inspire or console or any number of other things, I guess the point is, IMO, DCM gives you a gift, so you use it :)

It's good to see you getting a lot of your songs through to that final stage. I tend to wonder what gifts I do actually have but as you say it's not until you get something out there that you'll know whether it's able to inspire others or not.

Beorn said:
It's good to see you getting a lot of your songs through to that final stage. I tend to wonder what gifts I do actually have but as you say it's not until you get something out there that you'll know whether it's able to inspire others or not.

Yeah, I am working on it, I still have heaps of tracks that need work, but one thing at a time ;)

IMO, our gifts are those things we are drawn to, again it doesn't mean that we are going to take the world by storm with them, but for some reason we have them, so might as well use them :) some people have many things that they are drawn to, and that's fine too, a little bit of this and a little bit of that, I suffer from this too as I have many fingers in many pies, as it were, I guess what I'm trying to say is, do! and let the results fall where they may. As with anything you never know how it may affect people.

Just a quick update, I'm still writing a lot of new music, haven't managed to finish anything yet, with the holidays and house hunting and other things I haven't made the time to record anything. but that will change soon!

Will add another track soon :cool2:

ok, so it's been a while, I'm still beavering away and writing a bunch of new tunes. I've also invested a fair bit of time and energy in my home recording studio, so I will hopefully be uploading some properly recorded and mixed tracks soon.

Here's another live track, this is actually a remake of a really old song I wrote with my band from 20 years ago, the original was am alternative rock/metal track, but this is a stripped down version just me and my guitar.

Tin man Takes Heart

My brain is off kilter, a bloated image of myself, stabs at the wall
The wings of an angle wash by my soul
I don't remember to remember

You are my innocence
Purest of all intent
Guiding us to the light, it's in my heart again.
Shared.

A summer sky winter, a sunken image of my self, drowns in it all
The wings of an angle wash by my soul
I don't remember to remember

You are my innocence
Purest of all intent
Shared.

No-one is separate
Nothing is separate

You are my innocence
Purest of all intent
Shared.

I say your name, consciousness is saved

No-one is separate
Nothing is separate

So here is the first single and title track to the album. Written, recorded, produced and mixed by me in my home studio...
it's a pretty bitter sweet song for me art the moment, feedback always appreciated :)

‎A Little Something - Single by Machines of Me on iTunes

Baz,

I had trouble playing it until I finally installed Spotify with my Facebook sign-on. I liked the way you did the intro part with the guitar, used the phone message, the way it flowed and seemed to tell a story. I wondered how you did the acapela part with the lower octave in unison with the regular voice. The low part reminded me of the Didjeridu (probably just my "pattern recognition run amok":-)).

I had trouble hearing some of the words but it could be some age related hearing loss.

Actually, there are many songs that hit the charts where people didn't quite hear all the words correctly, like "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" (mistransliteration: "In the Garden of Eden") or Louie Louie or (for me anyways) Blinded by the Light - Manfred Mann.

I think it is not always the lyrics that make a song resonate but the emotion that it evokes and I think your music does that. I will stay tuned to see what develops. Something tells me you are doing what you really love.

Many thanks goyacobol for taking the time and effort to listen and to give me song feedback :)

here are some more links to different streaming service etc for others who may not have spotify. I may make a music video for this track too, if I can find the time.

TIDAL - A Little Something
DEEZER - Machines of Me: A Little Something - Music Streaming - Listen on Deezer
GOOGLE PLAY - Machines of Me: A Little Something – Tónlist á Google Play
NAPSTER - A Little Something (Single) by Machines of Me
AMAZON - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GQ8WBZP
APPLE MUSIC - ‎A Little Something - Single by Machines of Me
iTunes - ‎A Little Something - Single by Machines of Me
SPOTIFY -

haha, I had fun coming up with the harmonies and playing around with lower and higher voices, been a while since I got the old falsetto out. The acapela part, well, that's thanks to the wonders of the recording process, couldn't do it live, unless I got someone else to sing the lower part ;)

Thank you, the emotion is what it's all about for me, and yes, I would say that this music thing is something I love and that is so cathartic, I a feeling freer and freer to express myself now, which is great too...

Again, my thanks for listening and responding!!

Here are the lyrics in case you are wondering what they actually are :)
A little Something

There’s something in the way she hides her strength

Underneath the rarest heart

There’s something in the way she hides her pain

A stoic will to bare her part

Rain on the rose of her soul

Stay and then watch her grow

Coz love feeds love

There’s something in the way she holds my head

That makes me feel that I am home

There’s something in the way she understands

That living in the moment is aglow

Coz love feeds love

We can have it all, we just need faith

Call it what you will, I call it fate

My life is better, with you in it

The siren calls us home

Coz love feeds love

I really like it man, can really feel your emotion coming through. The lyrics are lovely too. Hope you keep up the momentum with your recording, you truly have an amazing voice! Hang in there ((hugs))

Back
Top Bottom