My mother passed away...

I wish you well, peace, love and time to mourn, SunEterna.

Oliver Sacks:
There will be no one like us when we are gone, but then there is no one like anyone else,ever.
When people die, they cannot be replaced. They leaves holes that cannot be filled, for it is the fate---the genetic and neural fate---of every human being to be unique individual, to find his own life, to die his own death.
I cannot pretend I am without fear. But my predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved; I have been giving much and I have given something in return; I have read and traveled and thought and written. I have had an intercourse with the world, the special intercourse of writers and readers.
Above all, I have been a sentient, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and adventure.

Hello there. How are you? How continue considering the fact that my mum passed away? How be happy since there is less light now... Where is my mum? What is the purpose of everything? I know that in our modern society we're not connected to the truth of reality, do, that is maybe why I feel lost. What do you think?

Hi SunEterna,

I’m sorry you have lost your mum! My mom passed away in late August after a couple years fighting cancer. I was very close to her and she helped me in a lot of ways to survive and inspired me live up until the point she passed. And I hope I was able to give her support, hope, and love along the way and before she passed.

One thing I’ve been thinking about in terms of “How continue” and “How be happy” given my mom has passed is that one of the most worthwhile pursuits I might take with the rest of my life is to honor her life and her efforts to raise me and help me with what I do with the rest of my life and my striving to be good to others, help others, and also to strive to reach my full potential in terms of knowledge, personal development, and growth in this life. To do so so that her efforts toward me are not wasted. To use this life to learn as many lessons as possible and to help as many people as possible who ask for it along the way. In that way I might honor her life and find a reason to continue and also meaning and possibly happiness and contentment along the way.

I think others mentioning to take a look at the afterlife thread and associated books have possibly pointed out a good path for you to take in terms of your feeling lost and your asking “Where is my mum? What is the purpose of everything?”

Over the last few years I read the thread, books mentioned, and other books and information I found from those books. Doing that has really helped me have and find perspective during my mom’s sickness and also her death. And I think I was able to get through it all and try to be strong and help other family members up until this point due to my perspective on life and the afterlife formed from gaining knowledge about the afterlife, etc.

Take care of yourself!

I am truly sorry for your loss - losing a parent can be very difficult to work through. I lost my mom to suicide 32 years ago and I still struggle with it, not only the pain but also the guilt for wondering what more I could have done to help her and the anger at her for choosing not to be around to spend time with her grandchildren, and now her great-grandchildren. While I know it was her choice and there was likely nothing I could have done to stop her, it doesn't change how much it affected me and my siblings so I certainly can empathize with your feelings of loss.

Sincere condolences SunEterna. It's clear your mother was most dear to you and your relationship was close and loving. That, I imagine, is why your grief feels so overwhelming. I've rather thought that such strong love does intensify grief - the greater the love, the greater the pain. And, perhaps in time, contemplating this may allow you to fully appreciate how blessed you were to have had such a wonderful mother who no doubt loved you just as much.

For what it's worth, when I first ever actually thought about life and death, I figured that our being/essence/soul came from somewhere beyond our human comprehension - we are born - and when we die, our being/essence/soul returns to that same somewhere. It would seem to be a completely natural process and not something to be feared or dreaded. It does take time, though, to absorb the shock of losing a dear loved one and move through the grieving process. Time will be your friend and your memories will be all the more precious. :hug2:

I am so sorry for your loss which can lead you to ask serious questions of life and what it means. Do take care of yourself and give yourself space and time to be able to process your emotions which can be intense. :hug2:
I would add to what others said. Reading the After life thread helped me through losing my father in law and in turn helped me in supporting my wife. I also read the Stamford Betty book when did you ever become less by dying.
Do share further when you feel the need to talk if it helps. ❤

Back
Top Bottom