Near-Earth objects and close calls

That was a really crappy video and for some reason, it seems I've seen that particular meteor exploding before.

Indeed, reading through the comments someone mentions one of the videos is actually a fireball seen over Argentina 4 years ago.

I searched a bit more and found a more credible video from a TV news program about the meteor that flew over Peru on Wednesday. Spanish speakers might help corroborate this.

He talked about what happened this Wednesday night
We talk tonight on 'ATV News Julian Way' with meteorologist Abraham Levy about the meteorite's appearance.
This Wednesday night a meteorite appeared in the skies over Lima and Ica and explained why it happened.

Mysterious 'burning trail' seen spiralling through night sky over Cambridgeshire for 20 minutes

A mysterious 'burning trail' seen spiralling through the night sky on Wednesday night prompted fevered speculation as to what it could be.

Star-gazers have put forward multiple theories including meteor showers, shooting stars, fireworks, airplane trails – and even signs of extra-terrestrial life to explain the vivid red trails and bright lights in the sky.

However astronomy experts have sought to reassure the public that these night-sky wonders are natural occurrences.

The strange trails were first spotted over Cambridgeshire by Gerry Underwood who lives on a canal boat in Stretham with his partner.

1587137850660.png

Gerry said it took 'between 10 and 20 minutes' for the unidentified object to fall to the ground as it left a huge trail in its wake. Eventually the burning mass disappeared behind the trees in the distance

He and partner Melanie had been 'having a little fire outside' when he noticed the trail across the sky and decided to photograph it.

He described how they watched it for 10 to 20 minutes as it coursed through the sky.

He said: 'It looked like a very thick chemtrail to start with. It looked like a short, skinny cloud.

'It wasn't moving quickly at all. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a meteorite because they are gone in seconds.

'We have seen hundreds of shooting stars but this definitely wasn't that either.

'This was coming down very slowly and spiralling. It started to glow orange as you can see in the pictures.

'There were flames coming out of the back of it as well. It was really unusual.'

Lucy Basaran, 23, from Walsall, West Midlands, also saw it and told MailOnline: 'Yesterday evening before it went dark I noticed a bright light outside my window. The light was just below cloud level and it was bright orange.

'At first I thought it was the lights on a plane but it was too bright so I carried on looking.

'It was as if there was a car in the sky with its lights on full beam.

'The light didn't move, it stayed in the same place for a minute or so. It didn't move at all. Then I realized that route wasn't a flight path either.

'The light then got dimmer and suddenly the light disappeared. I then saw what seemed to be a faded grey outline of an aircraft. Suddenly it was completely gone. It was just after the clap for the NHS.

'I thought it might be fireworks, lanterns and aircrafts but none of them can justify what I say.

'I'm very skeptical but that proves to me that there is something out there in space.

'Then I heard there was supposed to be meteor shower and it made me think that maybe they are interested in our planet.'

Elaine Neous also saw the burning object racing through the sky on Wednesday night.

Elaine, from Coventry, West Midlands, told MailOnline: 'I too witnessed something similar in Coventry from my garden on the same day at exactly the same time.'

Sue Norman, from Fleckney, Leicestershire, told MailOnline: ‘I also saw the strange sky and the burning object.’

Nigel Sullivan from Leicestershire added: ‘I saw the same event. I saw an object passing completely through the cloud formation on Wednesday evening.’

Norman Parker from Barrow, Suffolk, told how he first saw bright lights last month.
He told MailOnline: ‘I sighted this object at 8.15pm on 15th March from the garden of my house in Barrow, Suffolk. The consensus from my friends, including a Delta Airline international pilot, was that it was probably contrails from an aircraft taken in favourable atmospheric conditions.’

Alan Ball, from Whitchurch, Shropshire, said he is convinced the blazing object he saw on Wednesday night was not a plane.

However Dr Robert Massey, deputy executive director of the Royal Astronomical Society, said there were scientific explanations for these phenomena.

He told MailOnline: 'I think the intense bright light that people are seeing is the planet Venus in the sky, because it is dramatically bright.

'Venus is so particularly bright at the moment that you can see it during the day and at dusk it becomes obvious very quickly.

'It is very likely that people are seeing Venus in the sky before other stars become visible. And it would appear to disappear if clouds move in front of it.

'This will continue until the end of May.

'The burning object moving through the sky on Wednesday night looks a lot like an aircraft contrail to me.

'While it is impossible to say exactly what the object is without further evidence, it looks like an aircraft contrail that is laminated by the setting sun.'

Dr Massey added that star-gazers will be able to enjoy a flurry of shooting stars shortly with the onset of the Lyriad meteor shower.

He said: 'The peak of the Lyriad meteor shower is in a few days' time, on the night of the 21st and 22nd of April.

'The best time to see the meteors will be in the early hours of the 22nd April.'

The British UFO Research Association (BUFORA) agreed and said the burning object was probably an aircraft contrail.

BUFORA Science/Astronomy Consultant Heather Dixon told MailOnline: ‘Based on the pictures and analysis in the Mail article I agree with the opinion that this was an aircraft contrail.

‘Being illuminated by the setting sun would give it the dramatic, burning, red appearance.

‘The 20 minute timescale for this would also support the idea this was a contrail.

‘Something like a Chinese lantern would burn out much more quickly and fireball meteors only last a second or two.

‘The other pictures from Coventry attached to the email show something similar.

‘In this case you can see two parallel lines which indicate a contrail from a twin engine jet to me.

‘Nothing here strikes me as too unusual.’

1587138189123.png

Besides the reference to Sitchin, it's very interesting, imo.
[,,,,]

@anothermagyr,

I wasn't sure I would find the video/interview that interesting but after taking some notes and comparing them some of the sessions I did find some food for thought. He does not offer much in terms of cosmology or anything about realm borders and densities but has some parallels (wonder if he's read The Wave or other books on our reading list). I think he is probably correct that the meteors/bolides and earthquakes numbers are being "cooked".

Session 12 December 2010:
Q: (L) Well, I wanted to ask some questions about Earth Changes. I’ve got this book here “Planet X, Comets and Earth Changes by James McCanney. He’s on about what he calls the “Plasma Discharge Comet Theory” which is that comets are basically asteroid type bodies that enter the Solar system, the Solar System being a capacitor, and when they enter the solar system, they discharge the capacitor and that’s what causes the comet effects: the glow, the illumination, the tail and so on. He says that basically comets are just planets in formation, that there are really big ones that have accumulated a lot of mass or have a lot of mass. You know, they go through the Solar System and keep attracting more and more stuff, and more and more stuff and eventually precipitate into orbit and become planets. He basically said that that’s how the planets of the Solar System got here with the exception of Jupiter and Saturn. They kind of formed at the same time as the sun. All the other planets were acquired. Is he on to something with this? Is this anywhere near accurate?

A: He is on the right the track; but there are other phenomena that are not explained in his model.

Q: And what other phenomena might that be?

A: Clube is correct to some extent about the breakup of a giant comet. One theory does not exclude the other.

Q: (L) Ok, now I’ve got this other book here “Lost Star of Myth and Time” – and his theory is about a companion star and the fact that the earth or the solar system is rotating around a common center of gravity, in tandem with this companion star. It is said that it is this orbit that creates the precession of the zodiac. He says that the precession is not a big wobble that the earth goes through, as it proceeds in a fairly direct course through the galaxy, but rather that it is this rotation around this common center of gravity with the companion star that produces the effect of precession. Now, is he on to something with his theory also about the precession of the zodiac?

A: Absolutely!

Q: (L) OK, He points out some interesting effects in here. First of all, he mentioned recording the speed of the Earth’s rotation. They had a fixed telescope with crosshairs and they had a clock that was connected to some kind of super time clock that was extreme accurate, and they were recording exactly how long it took the Earth to rotate in respect of Sirius, Sirius being a fixed point. These researchers discovered that during the period of time, when Sirius B (Sirius’s companion, which is a dwarf), eclipsed Sirius A; it actually slowed the rotation of the Earth. Now, this is what their measurements showed. Something like 50 arc seconds. The slowing began a week before the eclipse, then after the eclipse the Earth actually sped up. By 50 arc seconds. So, there are two weeks of effects on the rotation of the Earth, caused by the eclipsing of Sirius A caused by its companion Sirius B as I remember, though I may have missed the exact time period. Now, the conclusion that he drew from this is that we are affected by being gravitationally connected to Sirius somehow. Anyhow, the conclusion that he draws is…- and he also points out that it seems that Sirius is heading in our direction; we are getting closer to Sirius - so, he theorizes that Sirius is our companion star. Is he correct about that?

A: Not Sol’s companion; but look in that direction for clues to your own little brother.

Q: (L) Is it true as he speculates that when the Solar System approaches this companion of ours, that it will have a psychic effect?

A: Yes. You are already feeling its approach.

Q: (L) Well, that’s one thing that this guy James Mccanney said. He said that this last solar cycle – the maximum - was so long, so intense that it was evidence that something really big, had entered the solar capacitor. It was discharging the sun. And, if that’s the case, there’s probably a current flow and that means that it’s possible that at some point the Earth and maybe the moon and several other astronomical bodies, will line up along the line of this flow that’s going on between the Sun and its companion. And if that’s the case, could that be a little problematical?

A: Oh indeed! Yes, it is happening already. Do you not see the evidence all around the globe?

Q: (L) Well, on that point, McCanney says that when the Earth gets into this kind of situation where there’s a discharge thing going on, between the sun and another body and the earth gets involved in it, that the earth itself becomes comet like during that time and it begins also to attract what he calls pollution events. It starts picking up all kinds of dust and stuff from outer space – and even the water volume on the planet gets increased because of this precipitating, because the planet’s picking stuff up from space. It’s growing from accumulating stuff, from acquiring stuff. And if that’s the case, we could be attracting dust loading in the upper atmosphere-regardless of whether or not we pass through cometary dust clouds. All these things that we’ve been noticing going on in the upper atmosphere – strange clouds, long-lasting contrails, extreme cooling - could be exactly as he described. There could also be atmospheric effects of these electric sheets, because he says that there are different kinds of ways of currents and layers of currents. He’s got like a five layer model of how the electromagnetic field of the planet goes, and he says that it’s the cause of El Niño, it’s the cause of Earthquakes, volcanoes , storms, changing of the Jet Stream, and just a whole host of things: it’s all electrical phenomena. He says that the electricity from the sun creates and drives hurricanes and that it is not the temperature of the water. Because he said that if it had to do with the temperatures of the water, one hurricane comes along, sucks all the heat out – then it would be impossible for another hurricane to form for a period of time. And yet you see very often, hurricane after hurricane. So, is he on to something with this theory?

A: Oh you bet!

Q: (Ark) Is the axis of the Solar System Wobbling?

A: Not enough to make a difference. But the Galaxy is!

(Discussion about the Galaxy and Solar System)

Q: (Ark) That means that the companion star is in the ecliptic plane?

A: Yes. Part of the capacitor.

That was a really crappy video and for some reason, it seems I've seen that particular meteor exploding before.

Indeed, reading through the comments someone mentions one of the videos is actually a fireball seen over Argentina 4 years ago.
At the 3 videos (Eboard10), ADV noticias and videos posted by Sottreader had include captions from other events. In fact, at the first one (image of a fireball above the clouds) it is mentioned that it is from US, do not know about where are the other captions, but I think I had seen them before too.

The one from ADV noticias, keep repeating several that I do not recognize either from the Perú event, except the one from the security camera which found it as well..
I post about the event here SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video suggestions (perhaps there had been up more videos since then, had not seen them, though).

The second caption from the first video posted by Sottreader, I saw it also here in FB, related to Perú event .. twitter link does not work from me, though. The others captions as he mentioned are from other events, except the one of the security camera.

The second video (Sottreader post) seem to be from another event as well.

Already post at Sott, and there is another caption as well - - I would discarded the one from FB, it was 8 pm, being already dark.

What follows is an attempt to pull all the necessary data/graphs/lists/calculations that exist about Fireballs/Near Earth Objects [NEOs] and so on, into one comprehensive database to check and use for everyone. A Database that doesn't exist in that extent and compiled together in that way at one place anywhere else on the internet, as far as I could see. So far the Database contains 6 Lists (with 5 additional sub-Lists) and 15 Graphs based on those lists. In the future I will update all the data and graphs in regular intervals, and if necessary, will add or remove data points.

What is compiled, arranged, calculated and drafted in that database contains the most up to date and extensive searchable/usable lists, accompanied by graphs based on those datasets. I think it is time for something like this to exist. It also gives us a better perspective on what is going on and around our planet - stretching out to the farthest reaches of our solar system - in terms of Comet/Asteroid influx over time and threats to earth, both past and present as well as the future. You will, for example, be able to see at a glance which objects will come very close to earth in the future and all their characteristics (like size, time of close approach/impact etc) and how the overwhelming majority of objects coming very close to earth, really do come out of the blue, with no forewarning whatsoever. And in most cases, it is even worse than that, they are discovered after the fact!

In order to make it easier for everyone to understand/research/use the data in the database and not bore you all to death by one dry number and analyses after the other, I decided to not write too much about what can be gleaned from all this data, but rather create a short user guide, so that you can look and think about it for yourself. See below. You can also refer back to some of my earlier posts in this thread, that contain some of the data and explanations (but not up to date!) of what follows. If at any point anyone has any questions, feel free to fire away and ask! In fact, I would be glad for questions, suggestions, corrections and so on.

Feel free to use/edit/search/copy anything in the database that follows. No worries, I've created several backups, so nothing can go kaput, no matter what anyone does!

Here is the database with everything in it:

All Data and Graphs (Moons, NEOs, NEAs, NECs, PHAs, Fireballs etc)

Short Users Guide:

The Database is divided into four overreaching sections (folders), named as follows: "A =", "B =", "C =" and "D =". Within each folder all graphs and lists are numbered as follows: "1 = ...", "2 ...=", "3 ...=" etc. Every folder, graph and list in the database is chronologically ordered from the letters "A" to "D" and the numbers "1 = ...", "2 ...="etc. So for example when we refer to "A9", it means: "Folder A" and Graph or List number "9". Chronologically means that folder "A" for example contains everything in the further reaches of our Solar System and "D" is on the other hand of this chronological spectrum, namely; objects that directly hit our planet either as fireballs or impacts. The numbering of Graphs and Lists ("1 = ...", "2 ...="etc.) follows roughly the same logic.

A = Solar System (Moons outer Planets)

B = Near Earth Environment: All Near Earth Objects [NEOs = Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs), Near Earth Comets (NECs), Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs)]

C = Close Calls nearer than Moon: NEOs approaching Earth less than 1.01 LD (Lunar Distances) = Past, Present, Future

D = Earth Impact: Fireballs

Note 1: To make use of some lists, it looks like you need an existing Google account that is connected to the browser you are using. Let me know if something isn't working. If needed, I could also find a way that we don't have to use Google to access and use the database.

Note 2: List "11" in Folder "C" contains 5 additional Graphs, numbered as follows: "11.1 = ..." to ""11.5 = ..."

Added on 13.06.2020 = 1 more list 1 more graph: Text above corrected accordingly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next post will contain a thorough presentation of the latest data/graphs/lists from the database, without much annotations. We will let the numbers speak instead. If you look closely at the data in the database and compare it with the other data points, I think there is a lot that can be gleaned out of in terms of questions/research etc.

Last edited:
The next post will contain a thorough presentation of the latest data/graphs/lists from the database, without much annotations. We will let the numbers speak instead.

All Data and Graphs (Moons, NEOs, NEAs, NECs, PHAs, Fireballs etc)

A = Solar System (Moons outer Planets)

Graph "1 = Moons (10 Year Periods)" in Folder "A = Solar System (Moons outer Planets)":

1 = Moons (10 Year Periods).png

Notice how many years are excluded from the graph. In that time span between 1610 and 2019 (410 years), 361 years are not included in the graph above, since in those years no new moon discoveries were being made. See the list after the next Graph for the exact timing of those gabs and in what sequence they occurred.

Now we zoom into the graph above for a yearly breakdown (years with no discoveries excluded here as well). We can see a clearer pattern there.

Graph "1.1 = All known Moons.." in Folder "A = Solar System (Moons outer Planets)":

1.1 = All known Moons (Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto combined).png

Notice that the sharpest increase of new moons started around the year 2000. In the next list the time gabs of no discoveries and the increases are more visible and noticeable. The last graph above is based on that following list.

List "2 = New Moon Discoveries" in Folder "A = Solar System (Moons outer Planets)":

Moons.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom