Need some help with health issues

mgb

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some help finding information to help me deal with health related problems.

When I was young I was diagnosed with PCOS. Later I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. More recently, I was diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus and heavy metal poisoning. I had Uveitis last year, which damaged my eyes. I suspect that I have Lyme disease and that might be what is triggering the EBV antigens. I have had different GI pathogens also.

I have been trying to find the information on my own, but there is so much, I am having a hard time putting it all together. It is hard to keep up with the reading, since I have eye problems. I have some of my symptoms under control now using herbs, but I need help finding the right protocol to heal my body. Every time I try to back off the herbs I get really sick (fever, headaches, body aches, eye pain).

I did a two week treatment of doxy plus ceftriaxone last year to treat the pathogens. Seemed to help some, but when I got tested again (GI map) I had other pathogens come up.:headbash:

I have done 10 rounds of iv chelation. First 8 rounds with edta and dmsa, and the last 2 rounds with dmps and edta (they couldn't get the dmps at first because of a global shortage). The provoked test after my last chelation came back looking much worse than the first. Lead, mercury, cadmium, barium, uranium, and a bunch of others where higher. The doctor I see just seems to have a standard protocol that doesn't seem to work well for me, and he doesn't seem to understand a lot of the underlying issues.

Not sure if I should try another round of chelation therapy or try using the iodine protocol instead, since that might address any underlying pathogens as well as the metals. Having trouble finding the protocols everyone talks about :cry:

I would really appreciate the help. Then maybe I could become a more active and helpful member of the community :-)

Here are some therapies that have been researched and found helpful and safe for people with a wide variety of issues.

I'd suggest looking into getting an FIR infrared sauna blanket. They are excellent for detoxing and strengthening the body's systems. I've used one that cost $300 on ebay, and it looks like you can get them even cheaper now (although I can't speak to their quality). With the cheaper ones, you just need to let them cool completely before folding it back up so you don't damage the wires. See the thread here. It is an investment so if you can swing a good quality one, then I'd go for it. It's a great tool for health.

If you can get vitamin C (and B vitamins) IVs those would be a good approach as well. If you can't do the IVs, try to do some liposomal vitamin C. It's quite powerful even without the IV. See the thread here. You just can start with ascorbic acid powder and take 3-4 grams every three hours or so until you reach bowel tolerance (stomach starts to gurgle). You may find you need to increase or lower you dose. If you take too much, the worse that happens is you'll be in the bathroom quite a bit as it has a laxative effect when you go past your limit.

Get some good quality sodium bicarbonate (like this as an example), and take it several times a day. You can get some cheap PH test strips to check your PH throughout the day. Thread here.

You can also do some coffee enemas (once or twice a week max). Thread here. This does have a squeamish factor to it, but after you get over that you can often feel good results.

If your diet includes sugar, dairy or gluten, work to eliminate those as they are the most damaging to your system. You can see the thread here, which covers heavy metal detox and diet. You might also find this thread useful as it discusses PCOS and fibromyalgia issues.

I included the threads so you can check them out when you are able. I understand your time for reading is limited, so if you have questions please feel free to ask. Best wishes in regaining your health!

Other than the excellent suggestions above, I'd echo the FIR infrared sauna blanket recommendation for your aches and pains. In my experience it was one of the few things that brought me relief from mine, and i know others have attested the same. They're pricey, but they're worth every penny. Not only does it address the immediate aches, it have numerous other benefits too, such as detox.

Hi Mgb, I have Lyme myself. The recommendations here are great. Don't get too hung up on heavy metal load right now. From what I've discovered, some of the co-infections of Lyme can leech metals from food and precipitate them into the body. Without getting rid of them, they will continue to add to the load. Some of these are fungus and protozoan which is overlooked and the reason why antibiotics almost never work. The biofilm they create shields the bacteria and other invaders. Treatment has to be broad spectrum. Ozone and Liposomal Vitamin C will do the job though they are hard on the detox system so depending on where your body is you may need to start slow.

I've been using a drug called Fenbendazole which is marketed for animal use only. It's recently gotten a lot of attention as an anti cancer medicine on the internet. It slowly suffocates a number of different organisms in the body including protozoa and fungus. A lot of Lyme sufferers are finding it works to get rid of the biofilm and seems to create less of a herxheimer reaction since it is a slow kill method. You can find it in powdered form various places on the net or buy something like goat Safeguard. If you get the powder you can mix it with a bit of DMSO for better absorption. There is some information here on Fenbendazole and more scattered around. A Drug Made for Animals and Taken by Humans to Treat Cancer: Fenbendazole - Cancer Treatments - from Research to Application

Most of the work is detox. Make sure to support your liver with things like Milk Thistle and gentle liver flushes if necessary. Lyme and co like to take over stagnant areas such as the gallbladder and liver ducts. Some of our co infections are nematodes(worms). I like to put Neem oil over my liver area daily after showering along with Magnesium oil which is more easily absorbed on thin skin areas like the neck and underarms.

Iodine and thyroid support would make a huge difference for you too. EBV and Lyme love to attack the thyroid not to mention the brain. Together it causes a lot of motility issues with the digestive tract. Coffee enemas are amazing relief for getting things moving and detoxing the dying microbes. You can add probiotics to them in order to re-establish your microbiome. I'm doing occasional iodine dosing at the moment, it still causes a lot of herx but in the meantime I'm taking dessicated pig thyroid which has improved motility, mood and energy levels.

Diet is essential. The more healthy fats and proteins you have the better your body will be able to repair the damage. Sugar and carbs are going to keep you inflammed and slow down progress. If you can't move to a ketogenic diet which is the go to here, at least go low carb paleo. Grains and milk are huge contributors to gut problems and inflammation.

This is the thread on iodine. It is quite lengthy. Iodine and Potassium Iodide

You could also buy Dr Brownstein's Book. Used copies aren't too expensive. Iodine : Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It: David Brownstein: 9780966088236: Amazon.com: Books

Thank you Drea for this post about antiparasitic drugs. I don't have any experience about these drugs, just read on this forum a bit about fenbendazole, albendazole and levamisole. I wonder which one is the best, with a wide range of action. You, or Gaby, or someone else could guide me?

@nature

Sorry to hear you have problems.. Maybe check this docs chanell out. He has a good holistic approach to many health issues and some really good explanations about how we are getting them. He has a few on parasitic infections and I found his info to be of help on few occasions.

Hope it will be of help.

Thank you Drea for this post about antiparasitic drugs. I don't have any experience about these drugs, just read on this forum a bit about fenbendazole, albendazole and levamisole. I wonder which one is the best, with a wide range of action. You, or Gaby, or someone else could guide me?

Of the ones mentioned, fenbendazole seems to be more accessible, at least before the lockdown, and has added benefits from cancer testimonials. If you are a doctor, you will probably get the human version more easily though.

Hi mgb, you've received a lot of good advice already, so I just wanted to emphasize how important detox is. What you said about having more metal toxicity after treatment might tell that maybe you need a good binder to get this out of your body. Some protocols tend to focus on how to get this toxicity out of tissues and cells but don't put enough emphasis on how to get this out of the blood stream afterwards, so you end up having some toxicity issues.

Supporting your liver and gut function is essential here, and also your kidneys, of course, because these are you major elimination pathways. Mild movement and/or massage can also help you move your lymphatic system so that you can also detox better, and drinking lots of water too.

There are some "binders" out there which are supposed to help you eliminate these toxins better, but you'll have to check them and see what works best for you. I've tried Chlorella once and had a strong reaction to it, but other people had good results with it. I've also tried
Humic and Fulvic Acid and didn't have side effects. Here's a little article where you can start reading a bit about them:

Hi mgb,

So sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with this complex set of health conditions. Often times, when there is lyme, there are multiple other coinfections, along with hypersensitivity to mycotoxins, accumulation of heavy metals, and generalized mitochondrial dysfunction as I am sure you are already aware. So it can certainly be a mine-field to navigate. A couple of things which may be of use:

For Lyme, long-term use of Cystus Icanus tea, drunk 3 times per day can be very helpful.

Stephen Buhner's Lyme protocol can also yield good results, indeed.

There is a saying in functional medicine circles - "Redox before you Detox". This basically refers to boosting energy metabolism in cells, supporting clearance pathways (kidney, liver, gut, lymph, skin), and overall cell function is sometimes more fruitful BEFORE heavy IV-oral detoxification.

In patients with chronic Lyme, I find that there is often nutrient deficiencies (B vitamins, antioxidants etc), in which case I.V nutrient therapy can be very helpful.

One protocol which is quite gentle is Dr Chris Shade's (Quicksilver Scientific) "Detox Qube", which works on supporting the glutathione/antioxidant system and can "open up the pathways" in a steady and controlled way to enhance clearance of toxic metals.

Like Yas mentioned, it includes the use of full-spectrum binders to "catch" toxins in the gut to prevent reabsorption, which is quite common. Many a client responds positively, and funnily enough I am currently partway through this protocol myself! It IS fairly pricey, however (around $180 per month for 3 months, or longer).

I find for individuals which severe chronic fatigue - thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide is very effective in high doses (brand- allithiamine).

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

Renaissance, I think diet is one of the most important for me to work on now. I was mostly dairy and grain free for a while, but have reverted to eating everything. I tried carnivore for about a month, but I had a real bad problem with constipation (was having to take about 800-1000mg of magnesium). I probably didn't give the diet long enough for my body to adjust. I was doing infrared saunas 3x per week while doing chelation, and ordered an infrared sauna blanket which just arrived a couple of days ago, so will start using that. As for the bicarbonate, I have tried a few times, but it gives me the runs. Not sure if I should keep trying and see if my body overcomes that.

Gaby, I know the doctor that administered iv chelation does iv vit C. They would give me iv glutathione and Myers coctail together with the chelation treatment. I tried the oral vit C, but get the runs easily. I will have to look into the autohemotherapy, but imagine won't be able to get that or the iv vitamin C until after the lockdown ends. On the febendazole, I see it can be obtained from amazon. What would be the dosage and length of treatment needed?

Agron, I will check out some of the videos when I get a chance. Thanks.

Drea, I will have to look into the febendazole. How much do you take?. I have tried iodint (10 drops 2% Lugol's) for a couple of weeks, but it seemed to affect my nervous system. Started having body jerks at night, which scared my husband. Maybe I need to take higher doses as recommended on the Iodine thread?. I have started taking some again a few days ago, will see how it goes.

Yas, I think you are spot on with the detox. My body seems to have a really hard time with it. When I did the chelation treatments, I had to stop for a few weeks because my liver enzymes where getting really high. I think I don't process sulfur properly. Had Steven Johnson Syndrome a few years ago from taking just 1 pill of a sulfur antibiotic. I have tried chlorella before, and didn't have problems with it, so I will start it again and see if it helps. Will look into some of the others.

Keyhole, I will try the Cystus tea, just ordered some from Amazon. I have read Buhner's book, and it is what has saved me so far. Doctor's had me on 30mg on prednisone to control the Uveitis for about 5 months and wanted to put me on long term immunosuppresants since I couldn't lower it without symptoms recurring. That is when I found about Buhner from one of the threads on the forum. I was able to get off the prednisone by taking some of Buhner's herb recommendations. I currently am taking Japanese Knotweed, Stephania root (oral and drops in eyes), Uncaria Rhyncophilla, and Sida Acuta. They seem to keep me stable, but if I miss taking them even for a day, I get really sick.
I will look into Dr Chris Shade's protocol, sounds promising.

Drea, I will have to look into the febendazole. How much do you take?. I have tried iodint (10 drops 2% Lugol's) for a couple of weeks, but it seemed to affect my nervous system. Started having body jerks at night, which scared my husband. Maybe I need to take higher doses as recommended on the Iodine thread?. I have started taking some again a few days ago, will see how it goes.

"Toxic Symptoms caused by Fenbendazole Poisoning

As a general rule, poisoning with fenbendazole is quite unusual, due to its low toxicity, the high safety margins and the fact that most species tolerate it very well."

Start slowly and work your way up. It isn't easily absorbed but buying the powdered form is cheapest and mixing some dmso into the powder will increase its absorption. After the dmso is added the powder will lose potency quickly. Store it in the fridge. Use 1-2tbsp of powder, mix with enough dmso to make it into paste, put it in a dropper bottle with clean water and shake. You may want to start making smaller batches depending on how infected or toxic you are. Listen to your body and dose accordingly. Make sure you are moving your bowels. Binders are useful but use them sparingly since it absorbs the fenbendazole. When I was desperate I'd use clay or charcoal before bed. Chlorella helps too and wouldn't likely interfere with the medication. I'm not sure it binds up enough for me to rely on it alone.

Hi, mgb

I also have Lyme, and can relate to the struggle you are having at present, I have been under the care of a Naturopath long before I contracted the disease and through his care, I improved. I have received many IV therapies mentioned in previous posts. What I found of great benefit was IV Ozone and medicinal tinctures from Nutramedix, they have a whole course lasting 9 months, they supply a month at a time with rotating antimicrobials each month, plus magnesium and other supportive medications. Not sure where you live, here in Canada it is bothersome getting tinctures from them, I ordered some specific tinctures several months ago for a Lyme flare, it was held at the Canadian border inspection in Vancouver for over a month and they charged me duty, something that never happened when I was on the course mentioned, it's called the Cowdon Protocol. But each are different, in how we respond to certain therapies and have to make choices on how we feel and how we respond to certain products. This is not a recommendation, just and example of what I found helped me the most.

Currently, my health seems to be good, my energy level it better than it has been in years, and the brain fog seems to have lifted. This despite having that horrible virus in December, I was down for maybe a week, with lingering chest symptoms for several weeks.

I always protect my liver, there has been some slight elevations with my liver enzymes, I take NAC Milk thistle and ALA religiously daily to boost Glutathione, when I do have a flare I take liposomal glutathione to give me an energy boost. Also, always take a probiotic, and magnesium, Vit D and Vit C I find this helps me.

But for me the most beneficial intervention I have made is changing my diet, I eat a high fat low carb diet with intermittent fasting or OMD one meal a day, not doing too well with the fasting lately, I put this down to being stuck in the house. I had some lab work drawn 2 or 4 months ago, all values were normal, even the liver enzymes, I put that down to the diet and fasting.

Also, do you meditate and/or pray There is the EE program for meditation and the Prayer of the Soul, this has helped me in times of despair. Check out the Forum board, Fellowship of the Divine Cosmic Mind for more information.

Never lose hope, your wellbeing will return as has mine. It is a journey, seems to me you are on the right path and there are many knowledgable forum members to help you along the path to better health and wellbeing, physically and spiritually.:-)

Forgot to mention, if you are experiencing sleep issues, I take melatonin ( have taken it for years and found this beneficial, when I was working, I was shift worker) along with magnesium and sometimes GABA, just another example, of what helped me. I had terrible issues with sleep initially, which contributed to my overall feeling of exhaustion, there is a thread in the health and wellness board discussing it's many benefits.

Thank you Joan, I will look into that Nutramedix, although I have had issues with the alcohol tinctures. They upset my stomach and my nervous system. Currently I am taking powdered herbs, and I tolerate them better. They seem to keep the cytokine reactions under control.
I do take supplements, a multivitamin, minerals, b6 complex and vitamin D. Was taking some glutathione and NAC while doing chelation.

When it comes to diet, I have been afraid to go full ketogenic because I was told that my body oxidizes fat, which isn't good. I do need to get back to grain, dairy, and sugar free diet. Every time I get back to it, some emergency seems to happen that throws all my routines into havoc.

As to sleep issues, I have had them for a long time. I am currently trying to wean off of alprazolam, which I was prescribed while on prednisone for sleep. I couldn't sleep otherwise. I am taking melatonin and ashwaganda as I reduce the alprazolam. Going slowly, but should be off in a month or so.

My doctor thinks I should do another round of the iv chelation, maybe I will use some of the detox support protocols suggested here beforehand. I probably should space out the chelation treatments, to prevent my liver enzymes from going too high like they did before.

Here is a copy of my provoked metal analysis. Looks pretty bad. Doctor said my lead levels are the highest he has ever seen at 380 (normal is less than 2). First number is my level, second is what is considered normal.

TOXIC METALS
RESULT REFERENCE WITHIN
μg/g creat INTERVAL REFERENCE OUTSIDE REFERENCE
Aluminum (Al) 59 < 35
Antimony (Sb) 0.5 < 0.2
Arsenic (As) 350 < 80
Barium (Ba) 9.8 < 7
Beryllium (Be) < dl < 1
Bismuth (Bi) 0.1 < 4
Cadmium (Cd) 2.1 < 1
Cesium (Cs) 8.8 < 10
Gadolinium (Gd) 1.3 < 0.8
Lead (Pb) 380 < 2
Mercury (Hg) 4.5 < 4
Nickel (Ni) 19 < 10
Palladium (Pd) < dl < 0.3
Platinum (Pt) < dl < 0.1
Tellurium (Te) < dl < 0.5
Thallium (Tl) 0.6 < 0.5
Thorium (Th) < dl < 0.03
Tin (Sn) 1.2 < 5
Tungsten (W) 0.1 < 0.4
Uranium (U) 0.07 < 0.04
URINE CREATININE
RESULT REFERENCE
mg/dL INTERVAL -2SD -1SD MEAN +1SD +2SD
Creatinine 37.9 30- 225
SPECIMEN DATA
Comments:
Date Collected: 03/17/2020 pH upon receipt: Acceptable Collection Period: timed: 6 hours
Date Received: 03/20/2020 <dl: less than detection limit Volume:
Date Reported: 03/24/2020 Provoking Agent: DMPS 250 EDTA 300 Provocation: POST PROVOCATIVE
Method: ICP-MS Creatinine by Jaffe Method
Results are creatinine corrected to account for urine dilution variations. Reference intervals and corresponding graphs
are representative of a healthy population under non-provoked conditions. Chelation (provocation) agents can
increase urinary excretion of metals/elements. V13

😱

Back
Top Bottom