Negative Emotions, Thoughts And How to Counteract Them

I did these two next quotes for reference. I'm developing a text on the subjects, so any critics & suggestions are welcome, indeed. My aim (idea) its develop simple words to explain complex (macro-micro cosmic) process without biased distortions, and with a minimum of tech consensus.

the words can be seen a simple food for thought, but it may also mean more than that.

"...This is the disease that has overcome mankind, and we are all infected by it. Some very lucky people have escaped this disease, they have some lucky immunity from it..."

Definitely negative emotions and thoughts are the keys to start with an introspective work.

All matter itself is condensed energy. The denser it becomes, more negative the energy that composes it (less freedom), and so, the less space it has. Consequently, the less Freedom of space or time it has. That why It is seen as more negative.

Thus, indirectly, positive energies form a barrier for negativity to manifest, and this separates arbitrarily all things between the least(-) and the most(+).

So, those who carry some negativity remain separated within the limits where this negativity can manifest. Negativity occupies a limited space of resources for a limited time (entropy), forcing the sharing of energies available there and also leading to individual competition for these resources.

Positivity occupies all spaces and times without resource limits, but does not admit, for example, any kind of harassment, disloyalty, inconsistency, hypocrisy, so freedom within the limited area of negativity can be said to appear more greater free will. But this can be seen as more illusion than reality, because seems more like a quarentine layers from the bigger point of view.

It is a misleading paradox of Free Will, because in the region where it seems there is more freedom of choices, by itself, it is a more limited region for the negativity to manifest freely there.

All freedoms inherited from the (mother) region of positivity can also be manifested in the limited spaces and times (orbs) for negativity. The "positive" way to act and react within the limited (quarentine) dense confinement is to express yourself with balance, as similar to a ordered manifestation on the positive region.

Whitin the negative limited region, the fragile and complex balance of forces is a positive behavior of the duality (+/-), because it can be freely expressed inner and outer that limited region, where can be there apparently more freedom, because it's allowed to expressions out of balance (chaos), either positive rather negative.

Sometimes it's negative thoughts that activate certain emotions and poison thinking. Other times it is the other way around, emotions activate negative thought states... It is very important to be honest in this work. And be brave! It's an adventure to work with emotions and to dive into the dark depths of oneself!

Doing the work increased one's knowledge of the outside world and of people. It increases understanding of the weaknesses of others as one experiences or has experienced the same weaknesses, ignorance of what a Human Being is.

Any imbalance in this confined region of chaos tends to foster the negativity whitin as follows:

(1) If we add positive energy from the outside into chaos, we increase the resources for negativity consume and grow. At first, the blessing received increase positive energies, relatively decreasing negativity because it stretches the boundaries of the entire region, but if negative trends continue, will prevail constraining everything again, increasing the negative chaotic pressure over the dense region.

(2) If within the limited region an individual gives positive energy to nurture negativity, this individual tends to be sacrified even more, because to recover itself will have to compete. If not (compete) may not be able to fulfill obligations (because have wasted energy), then this one on last instance will have to go back (in another life) to complete the (chosen) mission, as the life span in this region is also (time) limited.

(3) If in a competition any individual gains more (space or time) energy over another, somehow and at some point will have to repay the excess he has earned, and the more disloyalty he has practiced to earn his gains, the greater the debt to be paid. Negative karma is cumulative and spiritually inalienable, and have equivalence under the energy point of view as a whole.

(4) If competition is natural where resources are scarcer, it leads to some having more advantages over others. This advantage may sometimes be fair and deserved, but since most things expressed in density tend to be unbalanced, those who win are not always honest. The desire to win balanced implies that everyone wins and no one loses, otherwise someone loses. Desire and competition are closely intertwined, and any manifestation of desire outside this alignment for the good of all, is a selfish and ignorant expression of the fact that it implements negativity greatly.

Ha-ha, sometimes I have thought, "How lucky the C's are, they have no emotions!

I quoted this apart because I think 6D beings are not material ( neither psych - 4D ) like we humans (as half animals) appears to be. I agree they have no emotions (like we have), but I can not agree they no have any kind of feelings, because 6D is a realm of Love & Union.

Border Dog
Stella Marys said:
Ha-ha, sometimes I have thought, "How lucky the C's are, they have no emotions!
I quoted this apart because I think 6D beings are not material ( neither psych - 4D ) like we humans (as half animals) appears to be. I agree they have no emotions (like we have), but I can not agree they no have any kind of feelings, because 6D is a realm of Love & Union.

Because of the responses to this part of my publication, I have had to stop and reflect on emotions. The question that comes to my mind insistently is: do we really know what emotions are? I made the comment jokingly based on a conversation Laura had with the C's about this. I looked for many hours and could not find that part of a session. I will keep looking because it is important to present that information now.

What I have studied so far indicates differences between emotions and feelings. The emotions would be more linked to the second chakra and as it is known the three lower chakras connect us to the earthly reality. The feelings have links with the heart chakra that compare it as a "bridge" between the three lower chakras and the three upper.
(Here I will look at the material Ra)

Perhaps the confusion is about how we understand "emotion" and "feelings". I don't doubt for a moment that the C's have feelings, since these are more "elevated" energies like Love, joy, they have a developed sense of humor...:-D but as to whether they have emotions is what I'm trying to find out right now.

I appreciate the reference to this part of my publication because it is making me move my neurons a little more. When I have the results of the search I will present it, so we can continue to elucidate this issue. Thank you and greetings!:flowers:

Well, I found some material here. Session 42 - Book 2 of The Law of the One. It's very interesting! I didn't remember this part. :-D

QUESTIONER: I will make a statement, of which I ask you to comment on its degree of precision.
I guess the entity that is in
balance will not be influenced by positive or negative emotions in any situation
which he faces. When responding without emotion
in any situation, you can clearly discern the appropriate and necessary responses in harmony
with the Law of One, is it correct?

RA: I'm Ra. This is an incorrect application of the balancing process that we have commented.
The exercise that involves experiencing first
feelings and then consciously recognize your antithesis in the
being is not intended to flow serene positive or negative feelings while
remains unperturbed, but becoming
imperturbable. This is a simpler result and requires a lot of practice.
The catalyst of experience operates so that learning / teaching of this density takes place.
However, if it is observed in the being a reaction
(it is enough that it is simply appreciated), the entity continues to use the catalyst for the
learning / teaching The final result
is that the catalyst is no longer necessary and, therefore, this density is no longer necessary.
This does not mean indifference or objectivity, but a
delicately harmonized compassion and love, which sees all things as love.
That perception does not elicit any response due to catalytic reactions.
That way, the entity is then able to
become co-creator of events related to experience. That is the true balance.

INTERROGATOR: I will try to make an analogy. If an animal, let's take a bull in a fold,
Attacks a person who ventures into their enclosure, that person goes out of their way
Quickly, but don't blame him. There is no other emotional response, apart from the damage response
I could suffer. However, if this person
he finds another in his territory and the latter attacks him, the reaction can be more emotional
and elicit physical physical responses. I'm in
the truth when supposing that when the response to the animal and another person is to consider them
as the Creator, and to love them and understand that their
aggressiveness is the action of their free will, then the person in question is balanced
correctly in that area?

RA: I'm Ra. It is basically correct. However, the balanced entity will see in the apparent attack
from the neighbor the causes of that action, which in most cases are of a more complex nature than those of the attack by the second density bull of your example.
Thus, that balanced entity would be open to many more opportunities for third-density service to others.

Questioner: Does a perfectly balanced entity feel an emotional reaction
When is it attacked by others?

RA: I'm Ra. So is. The answer is love.

INTERROGATOR: In the illusion we experience, it is not easy to maintain that response, especially if the attack results in physical pain, but I suppose that response should be maintained even in the case of physical pain or loss of one's life, is that so?

RA: I'm Ra. That's right, to which we add that it is first order or essential to understand the principle
of balance The balance is not indifference,
since the observer is not blinded by any feeling of separation, but completely
impregnated with love.

QUESTIONER: In the last session you stated: «We; that is, Ra,
we remain a lot of time / space in fifth density, balancing the deep compassion
that we had acquired in fourth density ».
Could you explain this concept regarding what we have just said?

RA: I'm Ra. As we have said, the fourth density is abundant encompassion.
That compassion is thoughtless when analyzed with the look of wisdom.
It constitutes the salvation of third density, but creates a disagreement in the ultimate balance of the entity.
Thus, when we were a fourth density social memory complex, we had a tendency towards
compassion, even to martyrdom
for helping others. When the fifth density crop was reached, we found that at that vibratory level, efficacy failures could be observed
of such constant compassion; that's why we spend a lot of time / space in contemplation
of the paths of the Creator that permeate
Love with wisdom.

INTERROGATOR: I would like to try to make an analogy of this concept in third density.
Here, many entities feel great compassion for
placate the third-density physical problems of others and distribute in various ways
food, where there is hunger, as in
African countries, or medicines where there is a need to administer them,
and they are altruistic in all these services in
big measure.
This is creating a vibration in harmony with the green ray or fourth density, but it is not balanced with the understanding of fifth density
that these entities are experiencing catalysts and that one more intervention
balanced for your needs would be
provide them with the necessary learning to reach the fourth state of consciousness
density rather than meet your physical needs at this time, is that so?

RA: I'm Ra. Is not correct. For a complex mind / body / spirit that dies of starvation, the proper response is the body's nourishment.
You can extrapolate from this example.
However, on the other hand you are correct in assuming that the green lightning response does not
it is as refined as the one that has been impregnated with
wisdom, which allows the entity to evaluate its contribution to planetary consciousness
for the quality of his being, regardless of
any act or behavior that expects results on the visible planes.

QUESTIONER: So, why do we have the problem of extreme and widespread famine?
in Africa right now? Is there any reason
Metaphysics for it, or is it something purely random?

RA: I'm Ra. Your previous assumption was correct as to the catalytic action of that
hunger and poor health. Nevertheless,
It is part of the free will of an entity to respond to that plight of others,
and offer the necessary substances and foods
It is an appropriate response within the framework of your learning / teaching at this time,
which include the growing sense of love and
neighbor service.

QUESTIONER: Regarding the activation of energy centers, what is the difference between a
person who represses their emotional responses
in situations of great emotional load, and the balanced person who, therefore, does not alter
such situations?

RA: I'm Ra. This question is based on a wrong assumption. For the perfectly balanced entity,
no situation would lead a great
emotional charge. Once this is understood, we can affirm the following: repression
of emotions depolarizes the entity in the
extent to which he chooses not to use the catalytic action of the present space / time spontaneously, thus attenuating the energy centers.
However, there is some positive polarization if the cause of that repression is the consideration of others. The entity that has worked with the
catalyst long enough to perceive it, but without finding it necessary to express the reactions,
it is not yet balanced, but it does not suffer any
depolarization, given the transparency of its
experiential continuity Thus, the gradual increase in the ability to observe their own reactions
and if you know the self, it will bring you closer to true balance.
Patience is required and advised, as the
Catalyst is intense in your plane, and its use must be evaluated during a period of constant
learning / teaching

Questioner: How can a person know that he is not being affected by an emotionally charged situation, that he is suppressing the flow of his emotions or that he is in balance and by
So much is not truly affected?

RA: I'm Ra. We have already talked about that point. Therefore, we will succinctly reiterate that for
the entity that is in equilibrium,
no situation has an emotional charge, but it is simply a situation like any other, in which the entity can observe or not
An opportunity for service. The closer to that attitude an entity becomes, the closer it is to equilibrium. You can observe
that we do not recommend that reactions to a catalyst be repressed or suppressed,
unless such reactions involve a
pitfall that is not in line with the Law of One towards others.
It is much better to allow the experience of expressing yourself so that the entity can make full
use of that catalyst.

QUESTIONER: How can a person evaluate which energy centers inside are activated, and do not require immediate attention,
And which energy centers are not activated and do need it?

RA: I'm Ra. The thoughts of an entity, its sensations or emotions, and ultimately its behavior, are the indicators of the teaching / learning of the self for the self.
In the analysis of the own experiences of a day cycle, the entity can evaluate what
consider them to be inappropriate thoughts, behaviors or emotions.
By examining these inappropriate activities of the mind, body and spirit complexes, the entity can
place those distortions in the vibrating ray
appropriate and see where work is necessary.

Is contentment generating emotions?

November 11, 1995
Frank, Laura, Susan V

Considering the direction the Cs took in this session, it’s interesting that it was held on 11-11.

Q: Hello.

A: Hello.

Q: (L) Who do we have with us?

A: Lynostieah

Q: (L) And where are you from?

A: The translation point of focus is Cassiopaea.

Q: (L) Is there a reason you use the term "translation?" Is it because the information is translated from one density to another?

A: Close.

Q: (L) Is that the point where the energy "shifts" densities?

A: Close.

Q: (L) I noticed that in the beginning of these transmission that the language was very formalized, and that as time has gone by, the language used has become more colloquial. Why is this?

A: Formalized? Colloquial? Define your judgments, please!

Q: (L) Well, what I meant was, that in the beginning it seemed that certain colloquial expressions that we are accustomed to were unclear to you. And now, not only is there great familiarity with our expressions, but you seem to often come up with rather clever and original witty sayings.

A: Familiarity breeds contentment!

Q: (L) Okay. I want to get on with the questions for tonight...

A: Do you not wish to reflect upon our witticism?

Q: (L) [Laughter] Yes! I thought that was a very clever witticism!

A: It seemed as if you were not impressed?!? Give us a break, Laura?!? We're only sixth density!

Q: (L) As we say, "I love a sixth density light being with a sense of humor!"

I want confess that I put emotion and feeling apart to provoke insights, because they can be analog (in some nature), but at diferent levels of density.

emotions are (animal) frequencies (of spectre) for sub-conscious reactions, very important to survivor of species, mostly linked to reptilian brain, to limbic brain (of mamals), and the neocortex of primates that culminated in the human brain with two large cerebral hemispheres (that play such a dominant role).

emotions are also linked to Memories (past), Sensations (present) and Expectations (future), so through emotions, we can get the (primary) sense of Time.

once a 6D being is out of space/time bubble, of course they have no emotions as we have, because the vehicles of manifestation (as bodies) of these 6D beings, vibrate in another frequency of spectre, so we can't rearch neither touch them by emotions (as we know emotions are)

the connections which these beings can made by superior chakras (5, 6 or 7)
the cardio chakra (4) works to expand-contract the aura

the second splenic chakra (Stella Marys) mentioned to be center of emotions, I think is partially right, because this vortex means the body of desires, but this second more the basic (1) and more the solar plexus (3), form the sub-abdominal brain. It works (as a brain)!

PS1 - I try to be concise, but if have doubts please ask.
PS2 - I love when "C" answer "Close" .. it's really nice

Last edited:
Just look at all the examples of people doing amazing things despite adversity. What motivates them? What separates them from you or me, besides perspective and a choice to use energy in a certain direction? And it's not just an intellectual perspective, but an intuitive/emotional one, they are clearly motivated and driven, but what do they know that we don't know? Probably nothing, and it's more about how they look at things, and this gives them the "why" of their actions.

One way to look at it is to remember that life is short. We're all gonna die in a few decades at most. If you had a few more years to live, what would you do? Would you write a book to convey everything you've learned? Would you tell people you love them more often? Would you go out of your way to make sure your loved ones are all set for a good life after you're gone, armed with the knowledge/tools/whatever to see them through? Would you seek out people in need who are asking for help and share what you've learned so they can improve their lot? You'd probably do something of value to yourself and others, since you don't have time to waste now. Why do we feel "a few decades" is qualitatively different?

It may help to look at what you're doing in any given moment, especially when it involves "unnecessary suffering" for you or for others, and say "this is so stupid, I have 5 more years to live, why am I bothering with this?".

It really helps to remember - you're going to die soon anyway. You can just hang on to a pacifier and spend your life waiting for it, literally just waiting to die - take no risks, take no real actions, no emotional/psychological challenges - just comfortable easy otherwise useless existence. It's like you just want to get this over with quickly and die, like you made a terrible mistake coming here. And then you're gone, like you never arrived.

You look back on your incarnation and think "Hmm yeah, I don't know why I bothered going "down" there, I just sat there on a stool, earned some money, bought some stuff, had a few laughs and drinks, and left. I learned nothing, developed no lasting skills, I haven't improved the life of anyone else, had no real purpose, and was just so afraid to move from this stool, I didn't move! What was I afraid of anyway? Actually living a good worthwhile life? How is that scary? What would that really sacrifice - what would I give up if I chose to do something meaningful? Whatever it is, I clung to it til death, and boy was that unsatisfying. Maybe I was afraid of death? No way, I couldn't have been dumb enough to be afraid of an actual and only inevitability, right? Especially one that was quickly approaching?! It's like I was born paralyzed, and never stopped being paralyzed! Well, here I am, dead again, might as well incarnate as a rock next time if I'm going to act like one anyway for no good reason."

So yeah I dunno, say you got 5 years to live, because it really is barely any different if it's 50 or so, and do the things you'd do then. And if your brain thinks "well that's not enough time to accomplish anything important anyway" (or conversely, I got PLENTY of time, I don't have to do it now), you could say that about 50 years just as easily, or 5 months, and then you might as well not incarnate because clearly "an incarnation is not enough time to do a damn thing" or always "plenty of time, better postpone", and you literally make that true by acting as if it was. You will be stuck between "plenty of time" and "not enough time anyway" forever, and NEVER act because it will always be one of those 2 things!

That's my 2 cents for "how to stop negativity" or "paralysis through over-analysis" - just say "I don't have time for this shit, death is approaching, you're dumb, I'm dumb, this is dumb, I gotta go, got things to do before I croak, no time to waste, and you should too!". It's like you're running through a crowd towards a hospital to see your dying friend but stop to play poker on the way. Except you're the one dying, because we all are, and anything that doesn't add value to your life and others is that random "poker game".

If you were not negatively involved with creation, you would not be human, you would not live on this plane of consciousness, which expresses a particular degree of development. This means that it is humanity’s task on this earth to struggle out of its negative creation and become more and more free from the snares of negativity. This is not easy, for the fascination with any creative process takes hold of a person, so that he or she wants to remain in it. Thus a person becomes involved with any number of vicious circles simultaneously, which seem difficult to break. It is our task now to take step by step to loosen the hold of our negative involvement in distorted creative processes. Many of you begin to find within yourselves the truth of your own negativity, and you can even acknowledge that your negativity is deliberate and see how you hang on to it. Reaching this step is of tremendous significance. There is no greater difference conceivable between human beings who know that they create their own fate, know that they wish to be negative no matter how undesirable that is, and yet retain this attitude, and those who are ignorant of this fact. Anyone who is on a path that genuinely leads to the realization of the universal self must come to this personal insight. Otherwise the path one takes leads to illusion and deals merely with theoretical speculation or alienated idealization and not real live experience.

Your deliberate negative attitudes and feelings, which you do not want to give up, are a creation. To believe that your unhappiness and your suffering are inflicted upon you by others or by life is utter folly. It is insanity to believe that any unhappiness can accrue from something outside of or other than the self. You may have known this theoretically a long, long time, and paid lip service to it. But there is a world of difference between an intellectual assent and the clear-cut realization that you indeed create negatively, that the very unhappiness you deplore and render others responsible for is caused by negative attitudes you actually enjoy and want to maintain. If you ascribe your frustrations, your unfulfillment, or your pains to society you are completely wrong. This does not mean that the ills you see in society do not really exist. But they could not affect you if you were not deeply, and still unconsciously, contributing to those very ills you so much deplore. You do it precisely by your negativity which you still continue to express in your private life.

This truth may be hard to believe when you are still immature. But once you are seriously involved in development, you must come to see that it is just that way. You are never an innocent victim, and society itself is but the sum total or product of your and many other people’s constant negative production and creation. This realization is at first shocking and painful, but only as long as you remain unwilling to give up the negativity. If you will not give it up you do need the illusion that others do it. You hope to come to bliss without meeting that aspect in you which makes reaching bliss impossible. You hope to become a truly self-accepting and self-respecting human being without giving up what truly impairs your integrity. Thus you live the illusion that others are doing it to you, whom you can then blame for victimizing you. This is one of the famous and very frequent games of pretense that have been uncovered by many of you in various forms. Once these illusions and cheating intentions are abandoned, the realization of your own creative power—constantly at work, though perhaps still mostly negatively—is as wonderful a revelation and liberation as it was at first a shock.

I would like to discuss the various steps of working your way out of the maze of your own illusion and negative creation in which you seem to be so inextricably and inexorably caught. Evidently, the first step must be for you to find, determine, acknowledge, accept, and observe your own negative attitudes, destructive feelings, subtle lies, intention to cheat, and life-defeating spiteful resistance to good feelings. All these are examples of negative creating. Those of you who work very personally and dynamically toward your own growth have come in some contact with this deliberate negative production. But it is important that you become even more aware of it, more detachedly observant of it. This comprises the first step.

The second step is that, deep inside, you question your particular feelings and reactions to this negative production, and your own deliberate and chosen intent. You will then see that you like it, find some sort of pleasure in it, and do not wish to give it up. The pleasurable aspect of creating applies also to negative creating. It is absolutely necessary that you feel this and admit it. Even though you understand in general, vague terms that this is destructive and somehow wrong, you still are captivated by the perverse pleasure of your own negative production. This acknowledgment is essential. Without it you cannot grow out of suffering, nor can you reach the spiritual selfhood you long for.

The third step is to painstakingly work through the exact consequences and ramifications of your negative production, without glossing over any detail, any effect, or side-effect. The realization and precise understanding of the harmful effects on you and on others must become very clear. It will not do if you assuage your guilt for your negative creation by telling yourself you only harm yourself. It must be seen that you cannot harm yourself without also harming others, no more than you can harm others without also harming you. This is not a law from retribution of a vindictive authority up in heaven. It is so because you are all, we are all, they are all, everyone is the one universal self. So what happens to you must happen to everyone else and vice versa. It is unthinkable that anything that adversely affects you does not affect others as well. Self-hate, for example, always manifests also as the inability to love, or even the compulsion to hate others. This is only one example. This is not a theory; you will discover its truth, but only as you actually work through these steps. The third step also consists of seeing that the pleasure you derive from your negative production is never worth the exorbitant price you pay for it, because all you deplore most in yourself and in your life experience is a direct result of it. You sacrifice joy, peace, self-esteem, inner security, expansion and growth, pleasure on all levels of your being, and a meaningful and fearless existence. All this and more can never be worth the perverse pleasure you derive from your negative creation.

See how your negative creation affects others. Some deep part of you knows this quite accurately and justifiably feels guilty for it, makes you hate and punish yourself and rob yourself of the real satisfactions of life. You will come to see that guiltless living can only exist when negative creating is given up. Even the sincere and serious desire to do so will bring relief.

Still another aspect of step three is to reach for the understanding that the pleasure you derive from being destructive in your feelings and attitudes is not what has to be given up. In fact, the same pleasure will be transferred to positive creation, where you can expand joyfully and guiltlessly without paying the heavy price you now pay for negative creation and sacrificing your very life—which is no exaggeration. Exact working through of cause and effect, and seeing results and connections, is what makes wanting to give up negativity possible. It is not sufficient to be aware of being deliberately destructive. It must be admitted that you do not want to give this up. You must see what price you pay. Doing so, you will become experientially connected with the cause of your negative creation and the effect it has on you. This bridge must be established. See very clearly that what renders you most unhappy: your anxieties, your worries, your self-dislike, your insecurities, your discontent with life, your frustrations, your sense of wasting yourself and life, your hurt and your pain, are all direct effects of deliberately wanted negative attitudes.

At step two you are still separated from the effects. You may see that the cause is your destructiveness and admit it, but you do not yet see the connection with all you deplore in your life. The connecting link between cause and effect is still absent. As long as this connecting link is not established, you cannot really want to give up the negativity. You must see the heavy price you pay to be truly motivated to want to give it up. It is not enough to give it up because you ought to, knowing that it is somehow wrong or detrimental to you or others. Such vagueness will never do the trick. The specific link must be established, which is perhaps easier than coming to step one or two. The most difficult is to reach step two: to be fully aware of your negative creating by destructive attitudes of your own choosing. There is a world of difference between such a state of awareness and the state before it, when you projected your unhappiness outside, blaming the world, blaming others, and not seeing the cause in you. Thus, step two is of the most incisive importance. It means knowing your power, your selfhood. For to the degree you see the negative form of the creative process in you, to that degree you gain an inkling of what you can do to produce beautiful life experiences. Step two may be the most difficult to reach; it certainly constitutes the most drastic change in self-perception and the perception of life processes. But working through step three is equally important, for without it the motivation to change is lacking. However, step three is not half as difficult, and never meets up with as much resistance as step two.

When you begin to discover the same fascination with creating in a positive way as in the negative, but this time unmarred by suffering, guilt, fear, and self-blame, the world opens up before you with such beauty and light that there are no words to describe it. You will taste the freedom of being creator of your chosen life.

To facilitate the discovery of this connecting link of positive fascination with creation, you will need to recognize the unobstructed, unconcealed destructiveness and negativity behind facades of various kinds. All these masks are hypocritical. They always display the opposite of what you reject and dislike in yourself. These coverups are actually infinitely more insidious and damaging than the actual destructiveness itself. For once you face the naked destructiveness, you confront a truth in yourself, which gives you an honest choice of your future direction. But when you are still involved in the coverups, the roles and the games, you cannot get at the core of your disturbance. Your suffering becomes worse; you become alienated from the cause of your condition, and therefore you feel increasingly more disconnected and hopeless.

In order to hide from others—and primarily from yourself—you produce something that appears to be the opposite of what you wish to be hidden. The role becomes like second nature, but it has nothing to do with you. It is merely a habit you cannot shed as long as you are unwilling to look behind it. It is of specific importance that you disillusion yourself concerning the image you project into the world and of whose genuineness you try arduously to convince yourself. The artificiality of this role you indulge in must be unmasked. It always appears to you to be good in some way, even if only by pretending you are a victim. But you must analyze it exactly and comprehend it in detail to see that it is none of what you pretend it is. It is never good. You are never that innocent, nor are others that villainous. But, on the other hand, nor are you so hopelessly bad and unacceptable as you meanwhile believe you really are underneath this role. For the role conveys the opposite, not only of what you actually are, but also of what you believe you are.

Yet the pretended role contains the same aspects you so busily try to conceal. If you hide and your role is that of being persecuted by the hate and unjust accusations of others, in this pretense lies the hate itself. The front or the role is never innately different from what it covers. It is a hating attitude to pretend being a victim of the hate of others. This is only one example. The game itself must be exposed not only to reveal what it hides, but also to lay bare its actual aspects and what they really mean. The negative creative energy is totally involved in this presented image. I suggest that you take some time now to identify the various roles you have chosen. Name these roles in simple sentences that describe what they are meant to convey. See if you can detect how the role which is supposed to be quite angelic is as destructive as what is concealed behind it. Indeed, it could not be different, for you cannot hide the energy of soul currents, you cannot make them different by pretending, no matter how busily you try to make a charade out of your life.

The more insight you have into the absolutely losing game you play with life when you hold on to the false role that covers up destructive attitudes, the more you will be motivated to give up all of this. You will strengthen your will. This will lead you to the fourth step, which is the actual process of recreating soul substance. By your meditation, by prayer, by formulating deliberate thoughts of truth about this entire matter and impressing them onto your destructive psychic material, recreation begins and continues as you become more adept. First you need to discover again and again your will to be hating, unforgiving, punishing, resentful, and hurt. You will become aware of your attempt to exaggerate and drag out old injuries, to quite deliberately punish others for what your parents did to you or what you think they did to you, and of your refusal to see their failures as anything but a deliberate act of hate against you. When you then perceive that it gives you pleasure to dwell on all this within yourself and not change your outlook and attitude, or your feelings, you can begin to recreate. When you see the falsity of your pretenses, you can then remind yourself to want to see what is underneath your particular facade of blame and victimization, in whatever guise it may appear.

Your feelings of being injured first appear as quite real and it requires deeper probing to discover that they are not real at all. They are cultivated habits. So are the roles you play. Each objective acknowledgment of your pretenses—the pretense of your role and the pretense of your sustained injuries as the cause of your negative emotions toward people and life experience—enables you to want to be in deeper truth, to abandon those falsities and to meet life with real and honest attitudes. The issuing of this intention and the calling upon the higher powers in you to help you is step four. Another part of step four is to ask a concise question of your innermost being: “What approach can I use to live my life without a pretense? How does it feel to bring forth better ways of responding to life’s experiences?” In answer to these questions something new will evolve. In this re-creating process healthy, resilient, adequate, and truthful reactions will come easily from your real nature, which needs no concealment. When you re-create, formulate your sentences very concisely. State that what you do does not work, why it does not work, and that you wish to operate in a different way. These sentences, if they are truly meant, have great creative power. They can be meant, and they will be meant when you fully comprehend the harm you are doing while remaining in your old attitudes.

These are the steps of purification in the deepest and most vital way. Purification is unthinkable without going through these four steps. Purification is also unthinkable without receiving active help. It is too difficult to do alone. It is utter illusion to hope—consciously or unconsciously—that facing these aspects of your being can be avoided, skipped, bypassed or whisked away by some magic “spiritual” means. Self-realization, self-actualization, reaching your spiritual center—or whatever name you wish to use to describe the goal of all living—cannot occur unless you face your deepest negativities and hypocrisies, and your deliberate intent to be negative and destructive, spiteful and resentful; often you will even forgo your own happiness just to punish someone from your past. To see this seems painful at first, but it will prove liberating.

Those of you who have not yet made these self-discoveries will come to it. You can prepare for it. For you cannot allow happiness into your soul or eliminate the pervasive guilt you seek to explain away by false guilts unless you go through these steps. No matter how much you now believe that others or life’s caprices deprive you of what you desire, it is actually you who do this. For you can let in what life is always ready to give you so richly, once you make room for it in your consciousness and your self-creating. Many are the people who want to reach spiritual heights but who harbor the unexpressed illusion that to face what I am discussing here can be avoided. They run from pillar to post, and whenever they are confronted with their own unpalatable truth, they run away. The imaginary need to run proves so illusory. There is no need to run away from yourself.

Whenever destructive attitudes remain unfaced and untouched, you live in painful ambivalence. For you cannot ever go in one direction when you want to be negative. There is always the real self clamoring for ultimate reality and pulling in the opposite direction. Unification of inner direction can only happen when the personality is truly and genuinely constructive without hidden destructiveness. And can you perceive the pain of being torn apart by going into two opposing directions? This struggle is more painful, confusing, and paralyzing than anything else that goes on in the human psyche.

In order to reestablish the being you were long before this earth life, before you became involved with negative creating, and to reexperience yourself as that eternal you which you essentially and ultimately are, you have to consider and test the possibility of positive creating. You will then see that to create positively is really so much more natural and easy: it is an organic process. Negative creating and destructive attitudes are artificial and contrived, even though you are now so used to them that they seem more natural. The positive is effortless. Offhand it seems that to abandon the negative that has become so much second nature to you is too great an effort. It seems too great because you still believe that by giving up negativity you create a positivity that is something completely new. If this were so, to create it would indeed be quite impossible in most instances. But the moment you realize that the positive creation is already there within you only covered up, and that it can unfold and reveal itself the moment you allow this to happen, abandoning negativity becomes a relief from a heavy burden that has pulled you down all your life—and in many lives before this one. While you hate, distrust, take a dim view of things, or prevent a favorable outcome by expecting the worst, the ability already exists in you to love, trust, and know that life is good and can be trusted. All this, and more exists within you already, and needs only to be allowed to surface like the sun coming out from behind the clouds. You will see that it is possible to feel this positive undercurrent. Simultaneously you will experience the deep joy that permeates the entire being of any person making this discovery.

God is within you. Not only is the greater consciousness with infinite wisdom of the most personal order available to you at whatever moment you need it, not only are there powers of creative strength and energy, feelings of bliss, joy, and pleasure supreme available to you on all levels, but also, right underneath where you are ill with your negativity, a new “old life” exists in which all reactions to all possible contingencies are clear, strong, and entirely satisfying and right for each occasion. A resiliency and creativity of reacting already exists now behind the false roles of pretense, beyond the grip of destructiveness. Underneath your outer deadness a bubbling aliveness already exists. At first it will shine through at moments only. Eventually it will manifest itself as your steady inner climate.

Before you can live in this steady climate, you will have to go through two basic phases that deal with the negativity that humanity is still involved with. Most human beings find themselves still in the first basic phase of negativity. This phase is initiating negativity. The second phase is responsive negativity. In the first phase you automatically react to situations with the destructive pattern you have adopted after some traumatic experiences in early life. You maintain negative responses which at one time in your childhood you could not avoid producing, and which were then, under those circumstances, even life-preserving. But when the same responses are repeated in situations later, when there is no longer cause to use them, then such responses are not only “neurotic”; they are also initiating negativity, quite regardless of whether the other people involved act like your parents or not. The four steps are all destined to deal with this first phase.

The second phase deals with the negativity that is merely responsive. When individuals have freed themselves from initiating negativity and are clear in this respect, their reactions are positive whenever others do not react negatively toward them. But the negativity still flares up reactively, as a result of their responding to the negativity of others. You may say this is perfectly natural; for that matter, everything or anything is “perfectly natural.” But this is still not the purified state. It is not the state of truth. To respond in that way to the negativity of others is still an action based on illusion.

There is a better way to respond. Even though the other person may indeed unload a great deal of unjustified hostility on you, it is an illusion to fear it and set up your negative defenses. You can depend on yourself much more adequately without withdrawing, without becoming in any way defensive, without becoming destructive with your own feelings. There is no need to see life as bleak and hopeless because someone acts destructively toward you. Therefore this responsive negativity must also be straightened out, but this can be done only after the initiating negativity has been wiped out. The vast majority of the human race are still in the first phase. Whenever the slightest thing goes against your grain, whenever you experience any degree of frustration, you tend to bring in your original reactions of negativity. You even do this, in many instances, as a precautionary attitude, just because you might experience frustration, delay, criticism, or the negativity of others.

Thanks for that, ScioAgapeOmnis. I found it really inspiring. I know you were writing partly for yourself as motivation, but I think you could have written it for me personally. It's three weeks later, and things have gotten crazier, but I wanted to post this and I think your post is still relevant. It seems like one of the more inspiring posts, up there with Ark's doing what you love to do quote.

I haven't done much as a result of your post. It just made me think of the things I want to do and am not doing. Coronavirus or not, people are still making the best of the situation and are keeping their humanity. My reluctance to do the things I want to do needs its own thread, and is mostly being stuck in my own routine. I have a problem breaking it and doing other things. Usually the forum comes first, and it's hard to just say, "Ok I won't read the forum today and will just do xyz."

"this is so stupid, I have 5 more years to live, why am I bothering with this?".

I've been there with that thought. When you're deeply entrenched in dissociation, those thoughts will come up.

It's like I was born paralyzed, and never stopped being paralyzed! Well, here I am, dead again, might as well incarnate as a rock next time if I'm going to act like one anyway for no good reason."

I hope it wouldn't be like that, a sort of total loss. And that you'd be ever the more willing to make the effort in the next incarnation to do the meaningful things you neglected. I guess the amount of suffering needed for that will vary person to person.

So yeah I dunno, say you got 5 years to live, because it really is barely any different if it's 50 or so, and do the things you'd do then.

A few years back, most likely due to economic or earth changes fears, I did a thought experiment. But I chose 6 months, because it seemed not too short and not too long. And I said something like, "Ok you have 6 months to live, do everything you want to do, even if only starting. At the end of that time period if you're still here, rejoice, because you now have 6 more months." I did not keep it up, so I'm not sure if it was really helpful. I guess it's sort of a "memento mori" but allowing yourself time to do those things.

and then you might as well not incarnate because clearly "an incarnation is not enough time to do a damn thing" or always "plenty of time, better postpone", and you literally make that true by acting as if it was.

Yes, maybe that's where I fell short. Something like time urgency vs. laziness. Again, for me I think it simply comes down to routines and being more flexible. I'm also a minimalist at heart, but tend to start too many things and buy too many things and then not follow through with them.

According to the following article N-acetylcysteine (NAC) can help against negative thoughts.
On a clinical level, in day-to-day work with patients, NAC seems to help with ruminations, with difficult-to-control extreme negative self-thoughts. Such thoughts are common in depression and anxiety disorders, and also in eating disorders, schizophrenia, OCD, etc. I’ve seen it help patients with such disorders when many other things, medicines or psychotherapies, have not helped much.

NAC doesn’t always work, but when it does, troubling irrational thoughts gradually decrease in intensity and frequency and often fade away
. Negative thoughts (e.g., “I’m a bad person," or “Nobody likes me”) or ruminations about other people (“Will that girl like me?”) or about health issues (“Do I have AIDS?’) that can’t be quieted by reasonable evidence to the contrary, and that keep intruding on one’s awareness hour after hour, day after day despite all rational efforts to control, seem to diminish. Or, if they continue to occur, they are less distressing, and can be observed from more of a distance, with less worry or fear, and are less likely to trigger depression or other negative effects.
Personally, I can't say whether it is only NAC that helps me, since I have been doing all kinds of things in order to get a grip on these negative thoughts, and I only started taking it a few weeks ago. Perhaps it is a combination of sodium butyrate (helps me against anxiety), Bacopa and other supplements that control inflammation?
The body naturally produces butyric acid during digestion for the purpose of nourishing the microbiome and regulating the white blood cells that cultivate it. Gut biota consume butyric acid directly as chemical energy and help the gut digest nutrients and absorb water in return. If the microbiota don’t have sufficient butyric acid, then they can’t help the gut with digestion.

Under ideal conditions, these gut biotas have sufficient butyric acid for their needs, and they subsequently exert a beneficial effect on the brain, promoting the synthesis of critical neurotransmitters like serotonin. These neurotransmitters subsequently help regulate anxiousness when they are used by inhibitory tracts of neurons. This is one of the bases of the therapeutic effect that butyric acid exerts: the inhibitory neurotransmitters promoted by butyric acid are associated with reduced anxiousness.* Critically, the fact that butyric acid prompts synthesis of new neurotransmitters contributes to its longer period of therapeutic action,* especially when compared to supplements like magnesium that don’t.
Mantras and healing meditations also make me feel supported and assisted if you will plus activities that get my creative juices flowing.

Another thing I do is to look at the story behind these negative thoughts and see whether a particular thought is trying to tell me something which I had ignored up until that point. Shining light on events behind the thoughts with or without the help of a professional has been very helpful for me.

Also see:

FWIW.

Interesting large bump from 2020 to 2023. Lots of mention of negative emotions with little definition. And yes, I think a lot of learning comes from asking yourself “what does this mean to me in my own terms?”

The fundamental subjective judgement regarding negative emotions is “I don't like this feeling. I want it to stop.” Then you have to ask yourself why and down a rabbit hole of personal experience and learning you may go.

Another more objective way to go about it is to ask “how is this emotion that feels negative related to the STS/STO paradigm?”

Or, what am I trying NOT to see about my self/machine/history by wanting to escape this feeling?

Etc

Well negative emotions/thoughts are going to come to us and or arise in us. Either projected onto us from outside or impressions will hit our centers and if not worked on majority of the time negative emotions and thoughts will happen in our centers.

The idea I believe is not to have these emotions/thoughts dictate and run our lives it’s ok to recognize and let them pass through. I notice the next day or two after EE my thoughts are cleaner along with my emotions

Chu made this very interesting video about Shad Helmstetter who wrote “What to Say when You Talk to Yourself”. :flowers: Interestingly, he is also a linguist.
This is a summary with commentary of the book by Shad Helmstetter, “What to Say when You Talk to Yourself”. A nice book full of good tips on how to talk to ourselves! Yes, we all talk to ourselves, you don’t have to be “crazy” to do that. So, why not use it to your advantage? It also teaches us about the type of language structures that we “program” ourselves with. We don’t use just any kind of sentences. And some types of grammatical structures can be more detrimental than others. So we might as well make sure that we are using the ones that help us become the person we want to be, instead of following old dictates from upbringing and society.

I started reading the book as I'm very interested in the brain's neuroplasticity and the ways in which we can change our programming. Fascinating stuff!

For those who wish to know more about the author. I watched this interview where he explains how his method works. He claims that he has never heard of a person who did this self-talk where it didn't work. So, that's pretty encouraging. Sometimes partners who don't want to do this self-talk themselves get to hear the recordings, because the other partner is listening to them and funnily enough, it also affects the partner who is not actively trying to change his or her (negative) self-talk.

Perhaps it will help us get rid of these pesky negative thoughts that are keeping us down, away from our aims, desires and true potential that according to Helmstetter never dies. I will report back after finishing the book.

For those of you who are more app minded: Via his institute you can get the app and it's free during the first 30 days, if I recall it correctly.

I finished reading Shad Helmstetter's book and it made me realise how negative my self-talk actually is. I mean I knew many, many negative and rather destructive thoughts were bothering me, but I wasn't really aware of these 'small' things I had been telling myself and which had been holding me back until I read this book. :umm: All this negative self-talk puts so much stress on us, it really is incredible.

And even though I knew how to counteract this negative self-talk most of the time by sending these thoughts into the light they kept popping up or manifested in another way. So, in order to deal with this I have starting reading out loud some examples of his positive self-talk as I understand that repetition on a daily basis, even a couple of times a day is key. Also, the new positive language has to be specific and I think that this is what was missing from my counteracting these negative thoughts. The author mentions three key ingredients for effecting change:
1. The first ingredient is: in order to work, and keep working, the new idea (or message) has to become physically wired into your brain. Unless the new messages or directions are actually wired into your brain's neural networks, even the best of the ideas will work only temporarily.
2. The second ingredient for creating lasting, positive mental changes is: understanding how your brain gets wired, and the role you play in the wiring process. An understanding of how your brain gets programmed puts you in direct control of the process of creating the change and making it last.
3. The third ingredient for creating positive personal change - which always begins with mental change - is: a new, word-for-word set of directions, new programming to both your conscious and subconscious minds. That means a specific "programming vocabulary" which is worded in a specific way, that anyone can use at any time, to replace the old negative programming with positive, productive new directions. [...]

Self-Talk is at its strongest and most effective when it is comprised of a specific set of concisely worded directions - usually a group of a dozen or more combined phrases, linked together on the same subject, which jointly paint a detailed picture of the better you which you would like to become, or the change in your life you would like to create.
For instance:
I control the thoughts I choose. No thought, at any time, can dwell in my mind without my approval or permission.
Or from a different subject:
I'm good at solving problems. I like challenges and I meet them head on.

Problems are my teachers. They help me to learn and grow. Without them, I would be going nowhere. With them, I am moving forward in the direction of my own goals.

There is no problem which I cannot conquer, I am strong in mind, body, and spirit. My will, my strength, and my determination are always greater than any problem I face. [...]

I have learned to recognize that many problems carry with them benefits and potential opportunities which would not have presented themselves had the problem not occurred in the first place.
Notice that these phrases are all in the present tense, because we want the brain to believe that the above has already happened.

I will report back in this thread on my progress.:-D

Back
Top Bottom