Negative Emotions, Thoughts And How to Counteract Them

Just wrote a self-talk script using some of the C's quotes as a basis and for inspiration. I think I'll make an audio version of it, but was also curious if anyone had either anything to add or edit:

Life is religion. Life experiences are a reflection of my interaction with God. I have faith in my interaction with creation. The world does not exist for me overcome or ignore or shut out. I become what I give to life. I pay strict attention to objective reality left and right.

I no longer have the need to control everything around me. I do not impose my will on how I think the world, others or myself should be. Instead, I trust the universe, and I know that all is as it should be. I am open to reality as it truly is. I accept the light, knowledge, and love of the Divine, and I give it others.

I learn the lessons that are presented to me. No matter the difficulty I face, I understand that all there is is lessons. When I find myself distracted or distressed I pause and remember that all there is is lessons. This is one infinite school.

I do what is in front of me to do without expectation or anticipation of the outcome. Everything I do in life is my choice. As such I never hold resentments toward myself, others or the world for anything I do. I realize my gifts and talents by giving them to others. I give freely to those who are asking, and I give what is asked for instead of what I think someone should have. I no longer act as God by determining the needs of others. I accept that we all have own lessons and will experience life as we need.

I have a happy-go-lucky attitude. I easily let go of desire, tensions, and attachments to imagined events, anticipation, and things. By this, I purify my intent, which is the basis for all my actions. I place my trust in the Divine Cosmic Mind and choose to live in alignment with the infinitely creative force.

I have within my mind all of creation. I am a duplicate of the universe within which I dwell. My mind represents all that exists. It is fun to see how much I can access. Within my mind are all the creative and destructive elements of the universe and all the many Faces of God. I am interconnected with all by our mutual possession of all there is. Through my intent and my action, I choose my alignment. I choose service to others. I serve myself by serving others.

I finished reading Shad Helmstetter's book and it made me realise how negative my self-talk actually is. I mean I knew many, many negative and rather destructive thoughts were bothering me, but I wasn't really aware of these 'small' things I had been telling myself and which had been holding me back until I read this book. :umm: All this negative self-talk puts so much stress on us, it really is incredible.

And even though I knew how to counteract this negative self-talk most of the time by sending these thoughts into the light they kept popping up or manifested in another way. So, in order to deal with this I have starting reading out loud some examples of his positive self-talk as I understand that repetition on a daily basis, even a couple of times a day is key. Also, the new positive language has to be specific and I think that this is what was missing from my counteracting these negative thoughts. The author mentions three key ingredients for effecting change:

For instance:

Or from a different subject:

Notice that these phrases are all in the present tense, because we want the brain to believe that the above has already happened.

I will report back in this thread on my progress.:-D

Thanks for sharing. I've also been thinking that this can be used together with the Mel Robbins countdown technique. And she does mention in the video that Laura shared that you can count from 5 to 1 and then add an affirmation at the end, or ask yourself a question so that your mind searches for reason to confirm the affirmation, such as "what resources do I have to deal with this problem?", "well why is this problem a gift?", or something along those lines. It's supposed to switch the brain from autopilot to a more metacognitive mode and it does work.

I think I'll make an audio version of it, but was also curious if anyone had either anything to add or edit:
It would be great if you made an audio version of it!!

I was thinking if something about forgiveness could be added? I had a quick look and the C's said that forgiveness was important "especially when concerned parties are now in 5th density". My two cents.

Thanks for sharing. I've also been thinking that this can be used together with the Mel Robbins countdown technique. And she does mention in the video that Laura shared that you can count from 5 to 1 and then add an affirmation at the end, or ask yourself a question so that your mind searches for reason to confirm the affirmation, such as "what resources do I have to deal with this problem?", "well why is this problem a gift?", or something along those lines. It's supposed to switch the brain from autopilot to a more metacognitive mode and it does work.
I have just finished reading Shad Helmstetter's The Power of Neuroplasticity and according to him meta-cognition/awareness is the first step towards the programming of the brain in a constructive manner. But it's also important to use specific language to make the brain think that we have already accomplished what we set out to accomplish.

He also mentions choices:
The reason choices are so important is that without making clear choices, you leave your brain to its own meanderings - and those determined by your old programs or by the random influences of whatever happens to be taking place in your life at the moment. In either case, that's not always the best course to follow.
It makes sense that if you want to set up healthy neural pathways for your brain to follow, since your thoughts and your actions play a major role in the programs your brain is creating, you should make choices that create the right programs. That includes both the choices you think about and the choices you don't.
Intention:
When you're rewiring your brain, your success will depend on you mental direction and on the amount of intention you create in your own mind. That force will affect the outcome. From a strictly neuroplastic point of view, when you repeat the same intention frequently, you are literally wiring your brain with a new direction, and telling it what you want it to do.
Focus:
You help your neuroplasticity work best when you're absolutely certain of what you want to achieve, down to the smallest detail. This is why specificity and focus are so important to any goal you want to reach. [...]
[T]he clearer the picture you're able to give your brain, the more detailed the neural imprint of that goal will be recorded in your brain.
Repetition.
Emotion:
It makes sense that if you want a new program of your own choosing to also be strongly imprinted and recorded, you can help the process by adding emotion to the messages you give to your brain. When you add strong positive feelings, your brain goes into higher gear and thinks, "Got it! This is something I'm supposed to remember for a long times. It must be important. So I'll wire it in as 'unforgettable'."
Mastering this important tool of the brain will help you wire in stronger programs. But it also explains why your personal attitude-your excitement and enthusiasm- are so important to wiring your brain in the right way.
These neural pathways can then "connect with other neural networks that were formed using similar kinds of positive emotions. (In your brain, like attracts like.)"

And the last one is belief (belief in ourselves OSIT):
Belief creates an energy that we cannot ignore. And it's a fact that when it comes to wiring the brain, belief counts. When you add belief to any goal you set, something physical happens in the neural structure of your brain. And something measurable changes in the outcome. [...] The more that researchers study the emerging world of brain training and neuroplasticity, the more it becomes apparent that belief itself is an essential ingredient in successful, self-directed neuroplastic programming.
FWIW.
More later!

Last edited:
Just wrote a self-talk script using some of the C's quotes as a basis and for inspiration. I think I'll make an audio version of it, but was also curious if anyone had either anything to add or edit:

Life is religion. Life experiences are a reflection of my interaction with God. I have faith in my interaction with creation. The world does not exist for me overcome or ignore or shut out. I become what I give to life. I pay strict attention to objective reality left and right.

I no longer have the need to control everything around me. I do not impose my will on how I think the world, others or myself should be. Instead, I trust the universe, and I know that all is as it should be. I am open to reality as it truly is. I accept the light, knowledge, and love of the Divine, and I give it others.

I learn the lessons that are presented to me. No matter the difficulty I face, I understand that all there is is lessons. When I find myself distracted or distressed I pause and remember that all there is is lessons. This is one infinite school.

I do what is in front of me to do without expectation or anticipation of the outcome. Everything I do in life is my choice. As such I never hold resentments toward myself, others or the world for anything I do. I realize my gifts and talents by giving them to others. I give freely to those who are asking, and I give what is asked for instead of what I think someone should have. I no longer act as God by determining the needs of others. I accept that we all have own lessons and will experience life as we need.

I have a happy-go-lucky attitude. I easily let go of desire, tensions, and attachments to imagined events, anticipation, and things. By this, I purify my intent, which is the basis for all my actions. I place my trust in the Divine Cosmic Mind and choose to live in alignment with the infinitely creative force.

I have within my mind all of creation. I am a duplicate of the universe within which I dwell. My mind represents all that exists. It is fun to see how much I can access. Within my mind are all the creative and destructive elements of the universe and all the many Faces of God. I am interconnected with all by our mutual possession of all there is. Through my intent and my action, I choose my alignment. I choose service to others. I serve myself by serving others.
thanks so much Renaissance -much gratitude to yourself for sharing this -really positive and empowering :)
:thup:
:thup:

It would be great if you made an audio version of it!!

I was thinking if something about forgiveness could be added? I had a quick look and the C's said that forgiveness was important "especially when concerned parties are now in 5th density". My two cents.
Audio version coming up!

I'll look for some material on forgiveness. That could probably be a good self-talk program just by itself.

On the topic though, one of the things I've noticed is that the things I'm least forgiving about other people are the same things I have some form of denial or contempt about in myself. Forgiveness over hurt done to you can be a bit different, although it can still carry with it shame, contempt for self or others, and other things that increase tendencies to draw inward and focus on the self. I think those sort of traumas can do two very different things. They can motivate you to work on yourself in a way that clears the baggage so to speak and help others going through similar things, or it can isolate and grow an absorption of self that is trapped in negative emotions and thoughts that we become very accustom to, and rather comfortable with.

I'll look for some material on forgiveness. That could probably be a good self-talk program just by itself.
That's brilliant.
On the topic though, one of the things I've noticed is that the things I'm least forgiving about other people are the same things I have some form of denial or contempt about in myself. Forgiveness over hurt done to you can be a bit different, although it can still carry with it shame, contempt for self or others, and other things that increase tendencies to draw inward and focus on the self. I think those sort of traumas can do two very different things. They can motivate you to work on yourself in a way that clears the baggage so to speak and help others going through similar things, or it can isolate and grow an absorption of self that is trapped in negative emotions and thoughts that we become very accustom to, and rather comfortable with.
Very good points. A thought that came to mind was that being unable to forgive, either others or ourselves, could be directly related to self-worth issues, when shame and contempt are involved? I think if we are able to forgive others and ourselves all that unnecessary suffering will dissipate and make us more respectful of ourselves and others.

Also, what I have been thinking is: the reason why specific language is so important in positive self-talk IMO is the fact that we could be using self-talk that reflects what happened to our ancestors for which we are not responsible as Mark Wolynn showed in his book It didn't start with you How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle.

Someone told me not too long ago that some of our habits (like negative self-talk?) can be ancestral. I know that I used to feel a lot of guilt in regards to those ancestors that were on the wrong side of history and apparently, according to Wolynn we could identify with a) the people that were hurt by our ancestors and/or b) the people who hurt our ancestors. This in turn might reinforce negative emotions (like shame and guilt) and destructive thoughts until we learn to unravel our family history and see that certain emotions and thoughts may not belong to us, although we are responsible for recognising what belongs to us and what doesn't and deal with it accordingly. My two cents!

Just wrote a self-talk script using some of the C's quotes as a basis and for inspiration.
I have just finished reading Shad Helmstetter's The Power of Neuroplasticity and according to him meta-cognition/awareness is the first step towards the programming of the brain in a constructive manner. But it's also important to use specific language to make the brain think that we have already accomplished what we set out to accomplish.
They can motivate you to work on yourself in a way that clears the baggage so to speak and help others going through similar things, or it can isolate and grow an absorption of self that is trapped in negative emotions and thoughts that we become very accustom to, and rather comfortable with.
Also, what I have been thinking is: the reason why specific language is so important in positive self-talk IMO is the fact that we could be using self-talk that reflects what happened to our ancestors
Someone told me not too long ago that some of our habits (like negative self-talk?) can be ancestral.

In this context, this short video by Chu can be interesting and useful:
Here is the latest. Nothing ground-breaking, because I need to read lots more on the technical stuff still! But I'm at least making videos more regularly to keep up the momentum and get used to editing (Scottie helped me fix the sound problem!), etc. I thought maybe this topic might interest and help some people. It's "basic" compared to what we know here, but hopefully a grain of salt for people out there, to motivate them to work on themselves a bit. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom