NeuroFeedback, NeurOptimal and Electroencephalography

Apart from water, the Ten20 paste has Potassium Chloride and Sodium Chloride in it and I wonder if those are added to improve conductivity?

It also contains methylparaben, which isn't great, so I would really welcome a healthy alternative.
I wonder if there is a different brand of conductive paste without parabens?

I wonder if there is a different brand of conductive paste without parabens?

Good point hlat, I haven't checked to be honest. In my case the paste is supplied by the person I'm renting the equipment from so it doesn't cost me anything. I'm currently in the middle of my second round of rental, each of them 3 months long, and the cost has a bit of a killer for my pocket. This paste isn't cheap at all so if I can skip another expense I prefer to do that.

Although parabens aren't exactly super, I figured they won't kill me if used temporarily. I'm probably not the only forum member who has a large drawer full of supplements, and at least half of them detox something from the body. Parabens are endocrine disruptors and I do take supplements that help balance out the endocrine system, so I hope there won't be that much harm done. I certainly haven't noticed anything so far and this is my 5th full month of NO rental over the last year.

All in all, a free and healthy alternative would be ideal but if there isn't any then free Ten20 paste is my second best. :-)

We need a precise data before concluding.

I think that is a very pertinent remark. You could always send an email to the NO people and ask, but I wouldn’t tweak the setup too much, because you might delay the conduction: You might still hear clicks, but they might be in the wrong place. Maybe the NO people have another idea what you could use instead of the Ten20 paste.

We need a precise data before concluding.

I agree with nickleblu that emailing NeurOptimal is a good idea. And since each session costs me around £37, until this is conclusive I will stick with the Ten20 paste. Every single one of those sessions is very important to me and I wouldn't want to risk the loss of their effectiveness.

I have been making slow progress with NO and so far, I have done 51 sessions.

The most profound effect it had on me is that feeling of overwhelming anxiety is considerably reduced. I used to be overwhelmed by EVERYTHING and it was very difficult for me to intellectually focus on one thing for a very long period of time. I now have much better focus and my to-do list shrunk as the result.

Another thing is, once or twice a year I would have a feeling of disappearing which would be quite intense. It hasn’t haunted me ever since I started NO.

I think I’m getting better at setting emotional boundaries and tuning into my emotional needs, that now I can take care of it without bottling up. I shouldn’t say that I’m confident about it because I’m still completely capable of going into panicky state when life-threatening event happens.

Anyhow, this current state is like the newfound freedom to me. :-)

Your remark about conductivity is pertinent.
This morning I made 3 sessions in a row: with saline water,another with lard, and the last one with glue. I din't notice a difference so as to cliks (interruptions) neither to curves. Does it mean that the conduction is equal? Not sure. We need a precise data before concluding. I don't know if there is a data on the NO3 program that shows if the conduction is good enough.
Is Choepel still here? He can give us a clue? I'm quoting him, in the hope he'll see a notification in his mailbox. His view will be great.
I agree with nickleblu that emailing NeurOptimal is a good idea. And since each session costs me around £37, until this is conclusive I will stick with the Ten20 paste. Every single one of those sessions is very important to me and I wouldn't want to risk the loss of their effectiveness.

Or you can ask the question in the NeurOptimal Facebook group.

I'm not a member of their FB group (the PASS membership lasts only 6 months when you buy their machine, and if you want to prolong you have to pay. I'll e-mail.

I saw EEG electrodes: they are different; they are manufactured in an adhesive with a gel in it, anf their wire is not adapted to our NO encoder (z-amp). I will ask zengar if they have "dry" electrodes. I know that exists but I don't know if there are models suited to the z-amp.
Will ask and then share here.

I'm not a member of their FB group (the PASS membership lasts only 6 months when you buy their machine, and if you want to prolong you have to pay. I'll e-mail.

Hi @nature

There are 2 groups and yes you have to be a PASS member to be in that PASS member group. However, for the other group you don't have to be a member.

Here's the link for that group : https://www.facebook.com/NeurOptimalNeurofeedback/

When it comes to Balkans, that is Croatia to be specific, I intend to rent one but somewhere in the beginning of March because I intend to raise loan I have right to at my syndicate, so I was looking at the prices and there is a 100 dollar difference between unlimited and 20 period session on the english site, so it is not much of a difference when you take in consideration that multiple persons can use it and we know economic situation is bad here, but they directed me to one guy who is closest to rent in Latvia. There is on his site written only that 10 package session costs 355 euros, so I will have to contact him for further details and ask if unlimited session option is available. So I was thinking if there are people from Zagreb and Croatia interested and there is an option of unlimited sessions for a month I am willing to share, just we would have to find a place for sessions because house where I am is not available. You do not have to pay nothing to me just find a place to conduct sessions. I am not promising anything because it is in development but if it works out then it is a go, of course if people here agree and give permission.

I have finally found a NO practitioner for the Manchester area. It's taken me over 6 months of looking. Everything's the other side of Yorkshire which would have cost a fortune in rail fares. The initial payment is £250. with each session costing £75. This will keep me on the breadline so can anyone tell me if just one session per week would be any good or do they think it's too little.

I have finally found a NO practitioner for the Manchester area. It's taken me over 6 months of looking. Everything's the other side of Yorkshire which would have cost a fortune in rail fares. The initial payment is £250. with each session costing £75. This will keep me on the breadline so can anyone tell me if just one session per week would be any good or do they think it's too little.

The more the better of course, but that shouldn't deter you from doing it once a week if that's what you're able to swing right now. Also, if you can get the trainings done on a more or less consistent basis, you'll be surprised at how soon you'll have a few dozen treatments under your belt - which, by then, is likely to have some positive effect. So I would say go for it and enjoy the great reading time you'll have as you make the trip to and fro.

On a related note, so glad to see so many making the efforts to pursue this. Going forward, we can certainly use every advantage available to us to make our machines run better, and NO is clearly one of the best tools we've found to help do this.

The more the better of course, but that shouldn't deter you from doing it once a week if that's what you're able to swing right now. Also, if you can get the trainings done on a more or less consistent basis, you'll be surprised at how soon you'll have a few dozen treatments under your belt - which, by then, is likely to have some positive effect. So I would say go for it and enjoy the great reading time you'll have as you make the trip to and fro.

On a related note, so glad to see so many making the efforts to pursue this. Going forward, we can certainly use every advantage available to us to make our machines run better, and NO is clearly one of the best tools we've found to help do this.

Great Ennio. Not knowing anyone doing it but hearing all the good reports here I just wasn't sure of one a week.
Really looking forward to starting next Tuesday. Thanks again.

For a while I have been toying with the idea of and wanting to try to do Eiriu Eolas, at least in part(s) if not the full program, while having a NO session. I don't have the audio files of each individual portion of EE on my laptop, and no external USB CD drive adapter at the moment, and it's impractical to do the entire length of the program because the maximum (extended) session runtime is 45 minutes, and there's no known fast-forward on the player. So thus far it hasn't been feasible.

Ergo alternatively, for yesterday's session, I did a Reiki self-treatment meditation while having a session. From what I can see, it has had a very relaxing, restorative and harmonising impact. Despite the mountain of items on the list to attend to and see through to their natural conclusions - and despite being sick with what I can only surmise was the flu for the past 6-7 weeks - it gave me a sense of energetic renewal. Following a period of anxiety, today I felt more clarity than I have in a few weeks now.

It's also inspired me to get a new USB CD drive adapter, portable CD drive for the laptops/tablets and other gizmos, so I can do the EE meditation and NO session simultaneously, and trial different portions or the whole program with NO..

Back
Top Bottom