New Forum layout April 2018

Metrist

Padawan Learner
I'm new to this forum, so I don't know how it used to look, but it looks nice and clean.

I mostly access this forum on my mobile, and it looks unclutered and intuitive. The use of icons helps to make it look clean.

On other forums, posts and threads are quickly buried. But on this forum the spam is not a problem, so the membership gets credit too for it being 'library-like' and scholarly - and not a 'what are you drinking' hang out.

I still have to figure out the quote+, but everything else is intuitive. Great job!

Beau

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I still have to figure out the quote+, but everything else is intuitive. Great job!
You can either highlight the text you want to quote and select +Quote, or just hit the +Quote on the bottom right of each post. Either action will add what you want to quote to the "Multi-quote". Then, at the bottom of the page where the text editor box is and where you type, you then select the "Insert quotes..." button below the text editor box. Voila, the messages you wanted to quote are then inserted into the text editor box.

Metrist

Padawan Learner
Then, at the bottom of the page where the text editor box is and where you type, you then select the "Insert quotes..." button below the text editor box.
OK, I think I have it figured out, thanks. I think one of the '+quotes' buttons don't work for my phone - the floating one with the black background. The other one I tried works.

When using it before, the previous selected quotes would paste, but it would also paste previously quoted comments from other replys. I think I have it figured now.

Keyhole

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm pretty sure the "Drafts" feature on the old forum was an add-on that saved drafts forever.

This one is built-in and has a time limit to prevent clogging up the forum with never-finished posts.

I changed it to 1 week instead of 5 days. I'm still gonna save long posts in a text editor though. I don't trust them dang computers these days!
:halo:
I just read this, Scottie. I wish I'd have known! Just lost a rather lengthy post which I did not get round to finishing :cry:

Top Bottom