New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

Thank You, Harrison, for the amazing show!!
Star Trek is full of intelligent astronomical phenomena and large space entities. I'm glad I wasn't the only one, who came up with the idea. Transcript from the amazing show at - see video below:
- I don't know if you are familiar with Lucien Price’s Dialogues of Alfred North Whitehead. .. About the possibilities of life being infinite in the universe. The scales and spectrum of life running from universes as small as an atom to those as larger as the nebula being sentient entity. This is a statement he makes.

Your consciousness is still there, I think, but instead of "unified at 7thD as One" its dispersed now in 1st Density. Maybe recycling as some kind of a large Oversoul, encompassing an entire smart galaxy or "nebula with a faint '7D Intelligence Imprint'".

Though we were only just getting our feet wet in this newest show topic, it seemed like there was plenty to discuss!

MindMatters: Do NPCs Have an Inner Monologue? Discussing the 5 Pristine Inner Experiences

Self-talk. Visualizations. Bodily awareness. Unconscious thought processes. In our day-to-day course of existence our minds assimilate, respond and react to any number of stimuli from within - and without. But how often do we stop to consider just how we do this and what faculties of apprehension are actually put to use? And do we even have a framework, vocabulary and level of awareness from which to do it?

Inner speech (inner monologue), inner vision, sensory awareness, emotions and unsymbolized thinking are all categories that, according to psychologist and researcher Russell T. Hurlburt, can help one come to know what one's "pristine inner experience" is. Along with such a framework and the research inspired by it come many questions. What does it mean to be "in the moment"? Do all people use all categories of inner experience with the same frequency? How are we used to describing our inner experiences to ourselves and to others? Were personages like Gurdjieff on to something when he encouraged people to observe themselves?

Join us this week on MindMatters as we question the many assumptions, presuppositions, and mediations that come between cognizance of individual inner experience, and a relative state of unawareness regarding just what makes us tick.

Gosh, what a great show guys! Does bulimia cause fractured multiplicity of thought or does fractured multiplicity of thought cause bulimia (or any other escapism)? "Don't know!" but it does give new meaning to thinking with your gut! While I certainly had a vague understanding that people had different inner thought patterns, I was shocked about just how different it could be. I look forward to buying Russell's book and future shows as I think this topic will take a few tries to wrap my head around the implications.

Great show as always guys! thanks for getting my thought chunks in motion :)

Just some thoughts and questions I had while watching.

Do our thought chunks (love the term) integrate all of our I's? or does it depend on what emotional state we are in, I assume it varies?

Is self remembering a way to integrate and articulate our inner experience? or does the act itself change the inner dialogue? By paying attention to our inner dialogue do we affect it I guess is my question.

Harrisons comment on writing a substack article or music, being fully formed and then making it fit, got me thinking. I've always looked at my musical gifts as a sort of channeling, it flows through me, and my experience colours it, and the best thing I can do is get out of the way and let it come through without thinking about too much, the flow state as it's often called. Maybe this is why I find being creative so relaxing, as it turns off the inner monologue, so, like with most things, is it good to have balance between being aware of it and let it be? Is it the unconscious being made into 3D and skipping the thinking apparatus?

Understanding a shape of a thought, as Luc talked about, is that like the left brain right brain thing? the right brain sees holistically, the whole, while the left only sees in parts and has a much shallower focus.

Another thought I had was, in some of therapy/coaching sessions, I have been asked when I experienced anxiety, what was I thinking at the time, sometimes I can remember and point to a thought that caused it and sometimes I have no idea, or I don't remember anything in my inner landscape that was going on that could have triggered it. Would this be an unsymbolised thought? As Luc pointed out, understanding these things can certainly help to subdue the anxiety reaction, but, I was thinking, that if you make the unsymbolised thoughts that may be causing these experiences, somehow manifest, what would you find? and if you could, would naming them, and understanding them reduce the experience to a greater extent?

apologies if these questions are bit all over the place, I was having these thoughts while watching you guys discuss this.

Yeah, great show! Interesting timing as well. On an unrelated note, I found a clip where the right wing comedian and vlogger Owen Benjamin admitted that he has no inner monologue, and he has gotten some ribbing about being an NPC. He says it protects him from demons, claiming that if at any time they tried to whisper things in his head he'd immediately notice. :whistle: I've seen one of his Flat Earth videos, and this recent discovery of mine does tie the whole lovely package together (warning, some F-bombs):

Another thought I had was, in some of therapy/coaching sessions, I have been asked when I experienced anxiety, what was I thinking at the time, sometimes I can remember and point to a thought that caused it and sometimes I have no idea, or I don't remember anything in my inner landscape that was going on that could have triggered it. Would this be an unsymbolised thought?

Haven’t watched the show yet but I’m looking forward to it.

On the above, I thought that I was very self-aware, and when attempting to identify thought patterns or processes that triggered my anxiety, I couldn’t think of any in the beginning and so I thought that my anxiety must be solely a physical problem.

But through subsequent self-observation, I’ve found that there are indeed thought patterns, or underlying thought patterns (perhaps more subconscious), that trigger it. Beliefs about the way things should be, or the way I should respond, that lead to anger, frustration or exasperation.

My anxiety is/was always triggered in situations at work, where the work load would build up, or I was already busy and then management would come along and decide they were going to change a process, or ask me to do something extra. The fuse would light inside me and I would feel it burning away, and then an internal emotional explosion would follow.

I know now that my underlying thought processes and/or beliefs were causing it: “Oh, for God’s sake!”, “I don’t have time for this!”, “This is stupid!”, “This isn’t fair, don’t they know how busy I already am?!”, “This is ridiculous. What I’m being asked to do is impossible and it’s a waste of time anyway. There’s no need for it!” But these thought patterns weren’t really verbal - I just know that they fit the ‘flavour’ and are the roots of what was triggering my emotional and physical responses. The term you used from the show - unsymbolised thought - sounds like a good descriptor.

So I changed my reactions. I realised, why on Earth am I making such a big deal out of these things? I’m making myself ill. These things simply don’t matter. I just try to always remain calm and relaxed now and not let the snowball start rolling down the hill, picking up speed and mass until it becomes a wrecking ball.

I guess it’s Gurdjieff’s practice of non-identification: not identifying with the things that are happening around us so that we lose ourselves in them, and through that, hand control of our inner world over to external things.

I was thinking, that if you make the unsymbolised thoughts that may be causing these experiences, somehow manifest, what would you find? and if you could, would naming them, and understanding them reduce the experience to a greater extent?

Mine would have been things like:

“Everything should be organised and done perfectly so that there are never any problems”

“I am responsible for everything and so I need to fix everything as quickly and perfectly as possible”

“My work is serious and everyone else should take their work as seriously as I do”

“Other people should consider me all the time and read my mind so I don’t have to tell them how I’m feeling and what I’m thinking”

If I sat and thought about it I could probably come up with many more along these lines. But I would definitely say that identifying and naming them is super-important, because you can’t start to see things differently until you really understand how you are seeing things now.

Mine would have been things like:

“Everything should be organised and done perfectly so that there are never any problems”

It’s interesting that you use the word perfect. I was in a session talking about my “trigger” and my coach said don’t think just speak from the inner child, because I couldn’t quite articulate what caused it. The first thing I said was, I’m going to embarrass myself because I’m not perfect!

I agree that it is Important to name and understand these unsymbolised thoughts, if understand the concept correctly, as it helps identify what “other” parts of us are “thinking” and feeling. In the end It seems to me that our thoughts and emotions are all tied up together, one can produce a response from the other and vice versa and if we are not aware of not only what is being thought/felt but which part and to a lesser extent why then we can get frustrated by the fact that there seems to be no reason why, if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom