New Show: MindMatters (RIP Truth Perspective)

Harrison and Adam had a chance to talk to biblical scholar Russell Gmirkin for this stimulating MindMatters show!

MindMatters: Plato All the Way Down: Solving Biblical Mysteries with Russell Gmirkin

What happens when you combine the investigative mentation of Sherlock Holmes with the adventurous spirit Indiana Jones? Join MindMatters today as we find out! We are joined by solver of mysteries and detective of antiquities Russell Gmirkin, author of two groundbreaking books on the composition of the Old Testament, and another soon to be published. In his first book, Russell boldly argued that the Old Testament is a Hellenistic book, composed in the early third century BC. In his second, he showed the reliance of the biblical laws on Plato's. His next, titled Plato's Timaeus and the Biblical Creation Accounts: Cosmic Monotheism and Terrestrial Polytheism in the Primordial History, will show the reliance of the Genesis creation accounts on Timaeus and Critias.

Join us as we talk about all these topics, plus forays into Russell's academic papers on the Dead Sea Scrolls, the historical basis for King Solomon, and the documentary hypothesis, as well as the roots of Western civilization and what it was like to be the son of the closest thing the CIA had to a James Bond. All this and more on this episode of MindMatters.

The most recent MindMatters show, on the subjective of dopamine, might seem better suited for an Objective:Health show - but this molecule plays such a large part in our thinking, emotions and behavior that - you guessed it - its actually a very apropos subject for discussion. Enjoy 🖖

MindMatters: The Molecule of More: The Strange Psychology of Dopamine

When is a stop sign just a stop sign, and not a hidden message from your mother? Why are we excited about new things, only to become bored with them when the novelty wears off? This week on MindMatters we discuss the book The Molecule of More by Dr. Daniel Lieberman and Michael E. Long. During the discussion we cover the fine line between creativity and madness, how it is that most of what we tell ourselves about our behavior is post-hoc narrative creation, and more. Join us as we take a closer look at dopamine, a chemical that has a strong influence over our behavior and is responsible for much of our modern world.

Upcoming book on the psychology of mass psychosis and totalitarianism is to be released this january.

Dr. Mattias Desmet: Totalitarianism & Mass Formation in the World explained
"Professor Mattias Desmet came to the conclusion that society was suffering from mass formation or crowd formation. This is a specific type of group formation that emerges under certain circumstances. Society needs to meet 4 certain conditions for mass formation to occur in society.
These four conditions are:
  1. Lack of social bond. Or a lack of meaningful relationships in their lives
  2. A large amount of society feels a lack of meaning in the world (for example, more than 40% of people within a society feel that their job was completely meaningless)
  3. Free floating anxiety in society. And in some cases, anxiety that the society cannot point to a specific reason for what exactly is causing this anxiety (overuse of anti-depressants etc)
  4. Free floating frustration and aggression.
If a society meets all these conditions, it will become increasingly susceptible to Mass Formation.
Link to interview on Peak Propirety:
Mattias Desmet on Our Grave Situation
Professor Mattias Desmet talks about his work that connects past historical episodes of what is called “Mass Formation” (aka Mass Psychosis) and current events. The risks are as grave as they come. Unless a few brave and courageous people are willing to stand up and say “I don’t agree!” history suggests that we will end up with a fully totalitarian outcome.

That is a dark path. It inevitably leads to mass casualties and atrocities. Eventually all totalitarian systems end in their own destruction.

My position is “it doesn’t have to be this way.” We can do better. Let’s avoid a future of atrocities and the complete destruction of our way of life. Unfortunately, those caught up in the Mass Formation event cannot see the larger or wider implications of their actions. They are very much like a hypnotized person with their field of view narrowed down to a singular threat or risk they have been told is the one-and-only threat they must conquer.

So all of their attention goes there. It focusses down. Nothing else matters. Eventually they transfer their anger and rage at that enemy – which is Covid today – upon a more relatable a nearby object. Perhaps their neighbor. Perhaps the unvaccinated. Perhaps immigrants who are stealing their jobs, or those who aren’t taking Climate Change seriously enough.

With that transference, the path has been laid to re-trod some of the most awful and inhumane periods of history. We’re there again and our own integrity demands that we do what we can to avoid going any further down that path.

We were quite busy with other projects, traveling, overtime and other things that required our attention over the last couple of months, but here is our last show of the year! We look forward to covering some more excellent topics and to have some really interesting guests in 2022 - and hope that everyone here has a healthy, growth-filled and wonderful New Year in spite of all the tumultuous developments!

MindMatters: The Managerial Revolution and the Circulation of the Elites

MindMatters is back! On this New Year's episode, we discuss the work of Michael McConkey on the managerial revolution in the West, its relevance for ponerology, and McConkey's new substack "The Circulation of Elites," which discusses all these topics. Tune in for insights on the "new class", why it provides the perfect cover for political psychopaths, the fundamental (but fixable) weaknesses inherent in liberalism, and more.

Great show! It's encouraging to see Ponerology start to trickle out (finally!) into the mass consciousness. I'm really looking forward to you guys having a face-to-face with Michael McConkey. It should be a lively conversation.

Regarding the benefits of some form of monarchy, it seems that the Russians have instinctively grasped the idea. Putin has been repeatedly placed back in office enough times to almost qualify as a monarch, though chosen by the people. He has provided a continuity of vision that never would have been possible otherwise.

Yep! Great show guys!

I agree with what herondancer said, both, about seeing Ponerology catching on with quite a few people who are able to get the word out there; and about Russians and Putin having been in office for a score of years.

Yep! Great show guys!

I agree with what herondancer said, both, about seeing Ponerology catching on with quite a few people who are able to get the word out there; and about Russians and Putin having been in office for a score of years.
Ditto! Absolutely a great show. McConkey's substack blog "The Circulation of Elites/The Evolved Psyche" is well worth the read. A wealth of information.
Thanks Guys. Helluva job the three of you are doing.
Keep up the good work👍:cool::cool2:

Thank for the show guys!

I just noticed that McConkey posted the following recently:
Since the recent MindMatters episode, there’s been a spike in subscriptions to this the substack. So, to all you new members: welcome! I’ll do my best to ensure you consider that subscription a good investment of you time.

For those who found their way here by some other route, you might want to check it out. I’ll include the video below. The MindMatters guys provide a channel with wide ranging discussion of philosophy, religion, psychology and politics. I originally found their channel after reading Political Ponerology and was curious to see if I could find any online discussions of the book. They in fact have a lengthy playlist of related topics.

So, a big thanks to them for dedicating an entire episode to this substack and my work more broadly. If you’re not familiar with their channel, but enjoy the ideas discussed here, you’ll definitely want to check them out.

The most recent MindMatters show description is below. And just know that one of these books is already covered for the next show - but the other two will take considerably longer to get under our belts!

MindMatters: Books for the New Year, and Responding to a Reader Comment

Today on MindMatters we give a preview of what's to come in 2022, including some of the books we've been reading: Richard Spence's Wall Street and the Russian Revolution and Iain McGilchrist's The Matter with Things. We also respond to a reader comment. Are we ignoring the dangers of rightwing authoritarianism and overplaying the dangers on the left?

The most recent MindMatters show description is below. And just know that one of these books is already covered for the next show - but the other two will take considerably longer to get under our belts!

MindMatters: Books for the New Year, and Responding to a Reader Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this discussion and especially the reply's to the reader comment. Except now I can't get the image of a giant Mao Marshmallow floating around out of my head! :lol:

Looking forward to hearing more about the new books you are reading.

Following up on our brief discussion of the book Wall Street and the Russian Revolution on the last show, we were fortunate enough to have its author, Richard Spence, talk to us about it on this week's show:

MindMatters: Wall Street and the Russian Revolution, with Richard B. Spence

History is rarely cut and dried, but important historical events are quite often portrayed in a very limited context, providing a very narrow understanding of how the world actually works. Or how the omission of a certain set of facts can almost completely upend our 'map of reality'; the commonly understood factors which brought about the Russian Revolution of 1917 being just such a story.

When we can begin to ask whether or not the U.S. government was actively engaged in undermining the Tsarist power structure in Russia, or how, at the same time, some of the largest and most powerful figures in American banking and industry helped organize and fund radical left causes there, or how U.S.-based media magnates twisted the news out of Russia to fit the agendas of the above - then we may start getting somewhere..

This week we speak with author and historian Richard B. Spence about his book Wall Street and the Russian Revolution, and delving into the data, agendas and dynamics that led to what is arguably one of the most profoundly destructive developments of the 20th century. And if the broader picture presented is more accurate than the more simplistic view, then we will surely be better equipped to see and understand what it is the Western world may be experiencing right now.

The insights and artistic power of legend John Lennon was the subject of this week's show:

MindMatters: The Creativity and Humanity of John Lennon

Peter Jackson's excellent new documentary Get Back provides an inside view of one of legendary rock band The Beatles' last recording sessions and their final public performance. Inspired by our viewing of the three-part documentary, today on MindMatters we discuss our thoughts about not only the Beatles and the nature of creativity, but also musical giant John Lennon's incredible artistry, the role he chose for himself post-Beatles, and how he chose to make constructive use of his considerable fame and talent to raise political awareness.

Few artists in history are gifted with such creativity and influence so as to make them the enemy of presidents and intelligence agencies, and yet that was exactly what John Lennon was before his life was cut tragically short by so-called 'lone nutter' Mark David Chapman. What Lennon might have done with a full life one can only, sadly, speculate. But we can look back at his all-too-brief life, celebrate his accomplishments, acknowledge his flaws, and recognize the power he had to move millions with his heart and with his message.

And for your listening pleasure, as well as a reminder of just how rollicking, uplifting and wonderful Lennon's music was both with and post-Beatles:

Revolution Link to lyrics

Happy Xmas (War is Over)
Link to Lyrics

Instant Karma! (We All Shine On)
Link to lyrics

Mind Games Link to lyrics

Beatlemania strikes again. :-) I was 12 when the Beatles first came to America and I immediately fell in love with them. I never did get to see them in person but I began collecting all their music as soon as it came out. Back then they sold the little 45's with only two songs on them that needed an adapter in the middle to play them on a turntable. My friends and I were beside ourselves with excitement when their movie A Hard Day's Night came to our small town. Those times felt a bit magical. I still love their music. I wonder what more John could of accomplished had he been allowed to live. His death was such a shock.

They played some version of "Imagine" at the Olympics opening ceremony. It sounded to me like the WEF Christmas wishlist. It was a savvy bit of marketing by China embracing this pop anthem loved by "Westerners" everywhere. Beyond that it is my assessment that "Imagine" is some fine multi-generational programming that might just be a bit of a trojan horse.

Imagine there's no heaven
(nothing higher to strive for - no better or other place than 3D - no higher Christ self)

It's easy if you try No hell below us
(No karma, no consequences - do what thou wilt - and we will do what we want to you! - Crowley all the way)

Above us only sky
(strict materialism - nothing beyond - a vacuum with no higher densities)

Imagine all the people Living for today...
(live in the moment, don't think, just be - you too can be an NPC zombie - there is nothing beyond this existence - have some potato chips!)

Imagine there's no countries
(totally a WEF one world technocratic wet dream!)

It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for
(yes, a nihilistic la la land where nothing really matters - except your acquiescence to the one state, of course)

And no religion, too
(By all means, throw morality, societal boundaries, and theology out the window!)

Imagine all the people Living life in peace...
(hooked up to the Metaverse of course)

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one
(Klaus Schwab, Greta, Goldman Sachs, Pfizer, Nike and the rest of the gang too!)

I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one
(join the Borg collective! It will be great! Lay down your striving, comrade, you are a drop in the ocean.)

Imagine no possessions
(You'll own nothing and be happy - where have i heard that before?)

I wonder if you can No need for greed or hunger
(no possessions and you'll get limitless protoplastic bug burgers)

A brotherhood of man
(this line needs to be updated! SO un-woke!!!)

etc.....

So my main point is this:

Music is powerful. It is magic. It can sound like one thing but have quite a different intent, effect and meaning.

The words to "Imagine" can indeed sound like a wonderful bunch of ideas and images stitched together. The music taps into our hearts longing for a better world.

But, do recall that Ulysses had to be firmly lashed to the mast to listen to the Siren Song and not be swept away by the sweet sound that was quite destructive none the less.

Bonus Material:

Incidentally, Pop Music has been co-opted and promoted as some sort of touching human anthem/marketing tool by corporate manipulators for decades.

Cisco Sytems

Nike

Nike

Now there is nothing wrong with making a few bucks, I know... but, was this sell out really necessary? Put them on a pedestal? Sure. Just not maybe the highest one. And don't forget George Martin who "may" have had more to do with the Beatles sound and "genius" than he gets credit for.

Back
Top Bottom