NSA Leaks, Edward Snowden: Genuine whistleblower or psy-op?

Re: Prism - Or do you really want to keep your Google Mail and Facebook

Tomek said:
Still, I can't stop but think about the attempt to link the Boston bombing to the 911 truth movements. This, PRISM, their ability to close any domain name at will, it might be purely 3D thinking but I'm worried that, at some point, we'll not be able to communicate with each other. Centralised social networks such as Worldtruth.org aren't a solution either. Is it a waste of time to start to think about a way to ensure that we'll be able to share informations and communicate in a decentralized, secured way ?

No, it's not a waste of time but is pretty useless. Forget about anything crossing the internet if you want it to be secure. Forget anything that uses a smartphone, a modern computer, or talking close to any smart meter, smart tv, smart electronics of any kind, and various other tools that can be harnessed against you.

Basically we'd be left with a sneakernet, for instance microdrones carrying high capacity microSD card, which would need to be read with computers maintaining a constant air gap to the internet, yet being constantly maintained with top notch security since you never know when you'll receive a payload infected with a virus seeking to indentify air-gap'd computers.

I'm no security analyst, but that seems a huge task that is scarcely worth my time. Remember that semantic and network analysis can ultimately correlate all aspects of your online behavious, even as it diffracts through various aliases and communities. Whether you have a FB or not, if you hang out where psychopathy, statism, conspiratorial history etc. is discussed, you're tagged already.

We're way too far in the game. With a few rare exceptions, we know who's who and what side they are on. At this point, the optimal strategy to me seems to create analog imformation storehouses (bookcases), while harnessing digital tools while they last, making sure that anything more sensitive than what you've already revealed online (i.e. specific actions rather than broad ideas) is maintained as safe as possible in meat-based social networks.

anart said:
I think it's important for people to consider the idea that nothing is leaked about the NSA (or any intelligence organization) without the knowledge and approval of said organization. We found out about the surveillance because they wanted us to find out about the surveillance - the 'outrage' by the establishment is all theater. It's always been this way and I, personally, think it always will. Try not to fall for the idea that Snowden is a 'hero' - he's almost certainly just doing his job.

Maybe they want to prepare the public for the new Xbox?

Is the Xbox One a Covert Surveillance Device?

When details about Microsoft’s new games console, the Xbox One, first began to emerge, privacy campaigners were immediately concerned: is the Xbox One an intrusive but covert surveillance device?

Three aspects raise concerns. Firstly the device requires connection to the internet (although not apparently, the continuous connection originally thought). Secondly, it does require continuous connection to Kinect. And thirdly, Kinect is always on. These three aspects mean that anything in front of the device can be recorded, both sound and video, and can be transmitted back to Microsoft over the internet while it is connected.

Germany’s federal data protection commissioner for Berlin, Peter Schaar, gave his concerns to Spiegel Online: “The Xbox continuously records all sorts of personal information about me. Reaction rates, my learning or emotional states. [These] are then processed on an external server, and possibly even passed on to third parties. Whether they will ever [be] deleted, the [user] can not influence.” (Google translation)

Tim Vines, director at Civil Liberties Australia, is equally concerned. "Microsoft's new Xbox meets the definition of a surveillance device under some Australian laws,” he told GamesFIX, “so they need to be upfront and tell customers whether anyone else can intercept their information or remotely access their device.”

Microsoft for its part has been quick to dispel fears. “Microsoft has very, very good policies around privacy,” corporate Vice President Phil Harrison told EuroGamer. “We’re a leader in the world of privacy, I think you’ll find. We take it very seriously. We aren’t using Kinect to snoop on anybody at all. We listen for the word ‘Xbox on’ and then switch on the machine, but we don’t transmit personal data in any way, shape or form that could be personally identifiable to you, unless you explicitly opt into that.”

What he means by ‘opt in’ may be a reference to a patent the company submitted to the US Patent and Trademark office earlier this month – a plan to reward television viewers for watching advertisements (reports the Daily Mail). “Additionally, by tying the awards and achievements to particular items of video or advertising content, viewers may be encouraged to increase their viewership of the content, thus increasing advertising opportunities,” says the application. The patent is not linked to any particular device, but given that the xBox One is described as ‘The all-in-one entertainment system,’ there can be little doubt about its applicability. For such a system to work, personal data – after opting in – would necessarily need to be sent to the server.

But there still remains a problem. Kinect is always on and always listening – ostensibly for that command, ‘Xbox on’. What is not yet clear is what would happen if the ‘Xbox on’ command came from US law enforcement rather than the user. Would Microsoft respond favorably? Could the camera and recording aspects be switched on remotely and surreptitiously following a request from the FBI? It’s not possible to switch off Kinect’s microphone, and the camera is infra-red, meaning it can ‘see’ in the dark and through objects or tape meant to obscure it.

Microsoft may not intend the Xbox One to be a surveillance device; but the fact remains that the technology is capable of being just that.

_http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/view/32618/is-the-xbox-one-a-covert-surveillance-device/

Persej said:
It's probably the other way around : Microsoft are pushing these technologies because the public is already accepting such violations of their privacy.

Email is a protocol. It's not the sole proprietary system of any one company. Rather, it is a set of communication patterns that can be sent and received in any number of ways by any number of programs. Email works pretty well. If you have a good provider, you can be pretty private if you want to be.

All social media sites are basically closed forums without cross-communication. It would be fairly easy for a huge one to be corrupted, and there would be no choice for its users but to move away from it.

So, I've always said that social media should be protocol-based instead.

Tomek said:
Persej said:
It's probably the other way around : Microsoft are pushing these technologies because the public is already accepting such violations of their privacy.

But it is exactly the Microsoft who criticized Google for violations of public privacy in this "scroogled" ads:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1ominSL_c
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63u-RG-31B0
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwngUikrcrw

And now they want to do something even more intrusive than what Google is doing.

Reading this article on Sott...

http://www.sott.net/article/262706-Astronomically-large-amount-of-data-storage-capacity-inside-the-NSAs-secret-Utah-data-center

Astronomically large amount of data storage capacity inside the NSA's secret Utah data center

John Brandon
Fox News
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:39 CDT

As Americans demand answers about the government's wholesale electronic snooping on its citizens, the primary snooper -- the National Security Agency (NSA) -- is building a monstrous digital datacenter in Utah capable of sorting through and storing every e-mail, voicemail, and social media communication it can get its hands on.

This top-secret data warehouse could hold as many as 1.25 million 4-terabyte hard drives, built into some 5,000 servers to store the trillions upon trillions of ones and zeroes that make up your digital fingerprint.

But that's just one way to catalog people, said Charles King, principal analyst at data center consulting firm Pund-IT.

"The NSA -- like any large organization -- is using numerous kinds of storage systems," King told FoxNews.com, including "innovative SSD and in-memory systems for high performance applications like real time analytics."

Some reports have suggested the data center could hold as much as 5 zetabytes, an astronomical sum equivalent to 62 billion stacked iPhone 5s. King called that number "difficult, if not impossible to conceive."

"That would mean deploying about 5 million storage systems running roughly 1.25 billion, 4-terabyte hard drives," he said.

...reminded me of this fragment from session 16 October 1994:

Q: (L) "And all the inhabitants of the earth will fall down in admiration... everyone whose name has not been recorded from the foundation of the world in the Book of Life of the Lamb that was slain in sacrifice from the foundation of the world..." What are "those whose names are recorded in the Book of Life... what is the Book of Life?

A: Supercomputer.

Q: (L) The Book of Life of the Lamb... everyone whose name has not been recorded... it is saying that the people who are going to worship the Beast are names that have not been recorded... does that mean that there is a supercomputer recording the names of those who do not worship the beast?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) And who has this supercomputer?

A: Beast. All names will be recorded as being either obedient or disobedient.

Q: (L) Who is this "Lamb?"

A: Beast.

Can we call that a hit already?

So here we are, the dystopian, Orwellian world that just a few years back was more or less hypothetical or 'conspiracy talk' is now here in the open, for all to see.

We knew it was happening and we saw it unfolding. Still, when I read things like these, I feel shock. And anger.

Edit: Added link.

I agree with you WK!

The "Book of Life (BoL), aka Revelations, was known
to me as "in plain sight", as a "manifesto" or plans for
the Zionist/Psychopaths aims to conquer "us" (as if
"they" could, by wishful thinking).

Since that day I have learned of it, I have resolved to
struggle against "them" by channelling my anger into
an inner/outer aim to do everything in my power to
oppose "them", as a worthy warrior for objective truth.

I would be disappointed, if I were not on that BoL list!

To me, the C's have confirmed, and thanks to Laura for
bringing astute questions to the C's, on behalf of "us"!

Windmill knight said:
...reminded me of this fragment from session 16 October 1994:

Q: (L) "And all the inhabitants of the earth will fall down in admiration... everyone whose name has not been recorded from the foundation of the world in the Book of Life of the Lamb that was slain in sacrifice from the foundation of the world..." What are "those whose names are recorded in the Book of Life... what is the Book of Life?

A: Supercomputer.

Q: (L) The Book of Life of the Lamb... everyone whose name has not been recorded... it is saying that the people who are going to worship the Beast are names that have not been recorded... does that mean that there is a supercomputer recording the names of those who do not worship the beast?

Q: (L) And who has this supercomputer?

A: Beast. All names will be recorded as being either obedient or disobedient.

Q: (L) Who is this "Lamb?"

A: Beast.

Can we call that a hit already?

Thanks for the quote, I was looking for it and couldn't find it! :)
There are quite a few "hits" in that session ...

The complete take-over of VISA for example.

Slightly off-topic, but this is also interesting:

Q: (L) Now, I have compared certain passages of Revelations to the work of Immanuel Velikovsky, were those sections accurate in what they describe?

Q: (L) And those are events that will transpire after the Lizzies have done their thing, after the Visa is in place, and before or after Christ returns?

A: Before.

Q: (L) So the cluster of comets is going to come before the return of Christ??

A: Yes. But return is just one event not the whole thing.

Q: (L) Is there going to be massive disruption on the planet and maybe a lot of people transitioning out of the body simultaneously because of the interaction of this cluster of comets and the earth.

A: Close.

Q: (L) And, shortly following this event, Christ will return?

A: As part of the whole.

Q: (L) That is going to be part of the cluster of comets activity?

A: After.

Q: (L) What is Christ going to do after he returns?

A: Teach.

Q: (L) How many people are going to be on the planet to receive this teaching?

A: Open.

Q: (L) May we assume there will be six billion?

A: Assume as you please.

Q: (L) You keep saying that the return of Christ is a part of the whole as though there is some important thing that I am missing the question to discover. Consider that question asked... tell me what it is I am missing, please.

A: Obvious if you have been paying attention.

Q: (L) And that is...?

A: The transition to 4th density.

Q: (L) Is the transition to 4th density going to happen before the comets or after?

A: After.

Q: (L) Is the interaction of the comets and the planet earth going to....

A: Precede the transition.

Q: (L) Is it going to generate this change in some way?

A: No.

Q: (L) It's not going to have anything to do with electromagnetic interactions which would heighten the atomic vibrations of the planet?

Q: (L) So, the comets are going to make a mess of things and then the transition is going to come as Christ comes?

A: Before.

Q: (L) The transition will happen and we will all be standing around glazed in the eyes or whatever, wondering what to do with ourselves, because we are finding ourselves in a new estate we have not been in before, and then Christ comes?

A: More or less.

Q: (L) Now, what is going to happen after Christ comes back and everything is sort of straightening out and he is teaching... is everybody on the planet going to be gathered together in one place to receive these teachings?

Q: (L) Is he going to travel around and teach?

A: Technology.

Q: (L) He will teach via the media?

Q: (L) And we are still going to have access to our media, television and radio and so forth?

A: Some.

Q: (L) Are some people at that point in time or just prior to this transition, going to leave in large groups with the Lizzies?

Q: (L) Are there going to be large groups of people moving into domed cities on the planet living in "cahoots" with the Lizzies?

Q: (L) In other words there may be areas of Lizzie control on the planet and areas under the control of Christ?

A: Christ does not control.

Q: (L) Will the Lizzie people come out of their cities from time to time and "molest" the followers of Christ from time to time?

A: Maybe.

Q: (L) So, in other words, we will have a greatly reduced population, people here and people there, none of whom are totally united on the planet?

A: Goodnight.

It seems that the division between people that support the STS mode and the STO candidates has been increasing sharply, it is already impossible to even talk to people in favour of the "system".

Personally I like this part:

A: You are slipping a bit. Refer to Literature "Bringers of the Dawn". Challenge will be ecstasy if viewed with proper perspective which is not, we repeat: not of third level reality, understand?

Q: (L) In the reference cited, Joan of Arc is described as feeling ecstatic while burning at the stake. Is that what you mean?

A: Sort of, but you need not burn at the stake.

Q: (L) That's small comfort. There's other ways to die.

A: We are not speaking of death, Laura. If you listen to those who are firmly rooted in 3rd level this is when you run the risk of slipping in your knowledge learned no matter how good the intentions i.e. L*** {Laura’s then husband, now ex-husband}.

(...)

Q: (L) What do you mean "Challenge will be ecstasy"? What sort of challenge?

A: Living through the turmoil ahead.

and this:

A: Why are you searching for guidance where it is not needed?

Q: (L) In other words, if we just do each day what naturally comes to us as the best choice in each moment, we are on the right track?

A: Precisely.

(...)

Q: (L) We feel pretty helpless at the mercy of beings who can come in and feed off of us at will. Do we have someone on our side, pulling for our team, throwing us energy or something?

A: Who do you think you have been communicating with?

Q: (L) Are you going to be able to assist us through this turmoil?

Q: (L) Are you going to?

A: Up to you.

Q: (L) If we call, can we get your assistance?

A: All you have to do is ask.

Q: (L) Will we go through any periods when we may be cut off from help?

A: You are never ever cut off.

(...)

Q: (L) So, you are saying that if we do what we do because we enjoy it that we will be in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing when whatever happens happens, right?

Q: (L) Are you saying that we will be led to do what we should be doing and be where we should be?

A: You will just fall into it but if you force things you run the risk of going astray.

Thanks for bearing with the transgression and back to the topic:

Why was Germany of all European countries so heavily monitored? (see map) :huh:

M.T.

Attachments

• Boundless-heatmap-large-001.jpg
    Boundless-heatmap-large-001.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 68

Minas Tirith said:
Why was Germany of all European countries so heavily monitored? (see map) :huh:

And why was Serbia of all European countries the least monitored? :D

Attachments

• boundless-heatmap-008.jpg
    boundless-heatmap-008.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 56

Before trying to come to a conclusion about why certain countries are
more monitored than others, it would be wise to question the validity of such a map.

It has been gotten quite quiet around Edward Snowdon.
Last thing in the media, he left his Hong Kong hotel room last Monday.
That's almost a week ago.

Hard to believe anybody, government or press, knows where he is. There is simply not a lot of possibility
to go "underground" these days...

M.T.

I kept on forgetting to post this earlier.
I was watching 29c3 hackers conference and I stumbled across this material.
It is rather long but IMO worth watching just to see how it could look from the inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBp-1Br_OEs

Minas Tirith said:
It has been gotten quite quiet around Edward Snowdon.
Last thing in the media, he left his Hong Kong hotel room last Monday.
That's almost a week ago.

Hard to believe anybody, government or press, knows where he is. There is simply not a lot of possibility
to go "underground" these days...

M.T.

The latest news was a question and answer session just held today with readers of The Guardian:

_http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/17/edward-snowden-nsa-files-whistleblower

Other news:

_http://projects.justinblinder.com/Dark-side-of-the-Prism ;)

When the meteor broke over Russia a few months ago, there were over a million different videos documenting it. Literally over a million. Passive surveillance has reached the point of everyday, personal use over there, largely because of the prevailing trend of faking traffic accidents for legal money. Just about everyone has their very own dashboard cam.

Of course, there are other benefits to private passive surveillance. It's like turning the tables around. Now, the government, too, has to be on its best behavior out of the same fears we are starting to feel.

Back
Top Bottom