number 1 or 11

The Number 11

Okay, this is my first post, so be gentle with me if I'm way out of line with this, but I wanted to mention something that's been bothering me for a few years.

For the last few years the number 11 seems to be coming up an awful lot for me. That is, it seems that at least half the time when I look up at the clock, it's ending in 11. Some might say you could chalk that up to "internal body clock", however that's only part of it.

Other strange coincidences abound, to the point where I hardly notice them anymore. Today for instance, I had a problem with a program (I'm a web programmer) that is sending random attachments from different sources. The sources have numeric ID's. They were 11 apart. Considering I wrote the program(s), I guess it's possible that I "unknowningly" wrote the code to do just such a thing.

It's not disconcerting (okay, maybe a little), but mostly just bizarre.

Has anyone else ever noticed something along these lines?

(Yes, I saw "The Number 23", yet another film in the "pretending to have deep meaning" legacy of Hollywood...)

It's the kind of thing that makes me wonder about November of this year!

Thanks all!

Re: The Number 11

And perhaps this one too - number 1 or 11. Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Re: The Number 11

Yes I've seen the number 11 quite a few times as well, fairly odd. But there may be some sort of personal intention to this, on several occasions I've told myself to look at the clock at the same time everyday and everyday I continue to see the clock at that time, except recently I haven't really cared to tell myself to look at 9:11 and again I manipulated this sensory. But the number which I have no recollection of programming into my conscious, and yet continues to show is the number 12. For example, every time I generate a random number or something similar to it, 12 appears. Perhaps I have associated the feeling of random numbers and 12 though, who knows.

I keep seeing 11:11

For the past 4 months I keep seeing the number 11 everywhere. IF I am watching TV and happen to look up, I notice the clock on the wall reads 11:11. If I am driving in my car and happen to look at license plate, it frequently has 11 or 111 on it. If I am lying in bed and turn over, I see 1:11 on my nightstand alarm clock. No, this does not happen 100 per cent of the time, but the frequency of it is well above average. Is this mere coincedence ? Or is my subconcious trying to tell me something ? Are there other people out there having the same 11:11 experience ?

Re: I keep seeing 11:11

There are quite a few threads that discuss similar topics.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21753.0.html
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,22247.0.html
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,22027.0.html

Could be meaningful coincidence. Or it could also be what is known as "apophenia" or the experience of seeing meaningful patterns or connections in random data.

David Mcraney states in "You Are Not So Smart"
More often that not, apophenia is the result of the most dependable of all delusions - the conformation bias [which is discussed here and wikipedia link ]
You see what you want to see and ignore the rest.... Apophenia is not just seeing order in chaos, it is believing you were destined to see it.

Either way, one approach which I like would be to mentally record these observations but not put much stock in the specialness of it.

Edit: Thread merged

Some months ago I began to see the number 13, after the problem with Jakesully appeared, also the problem with some guys and the Ouija and the french accusations of being a cult.

Just reading and thinking out loud here about these 11’s that are being discussed and without having a background in mathematics or numerology was thinking that modern humans more than anything else relating to number usage are anchored to time. As such, it appeared to me that our sexagesimal (base-60) system produces one 11 every minute, 60 every hour with further combinations included and so on and so forth until our clock repeats; 1 is a different matter. Anyway, in this respect modern humans are accustomed to seeing multiple combinations of time in numbers; in a way we are ruled by them. Why the 11’s, don’t really know, but perhaps a grand anchoring event in people’s minds like 911 leaves susceptibility of recognition of some type? For others it might be 13 with possible anchoring like Friday the 13th or in another a trauma event? Maybe in these respects numbers have been figured out as being useful in marketing or manipulation, dunno. Each person may have their own anchored number from a different source. As a kid I found a small round black rock with a quartz number 7 and as such it became a type of talisman until it was lost. Sometimes there are indeed interesting strange coincidences of numbers which have always been weighty of minds in history, like geometry (Pythagorean), biblical passages, prophesy for instance. Numbers help us perceive and deal with life and illusion, our very reality; however, numbers to a mathematician (like Ramanujan), are a different matter and become foundational, even maybe poetic/beautiful, unlike just standard accounting (time/cheque book/arithmetic) everyday tools. We then get Kabala & Cabala, different vehicles that encompass numbers differently and esoterically - which is a good place to leave this for others more number minded before completely miscalculating; no pun intended. :rolleyes:

Anyone seeing times of 11:11. 12:12 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, etc. very often?

This happened to me some 30 years ago. I started seeing times of 10:10, 11:11... 2:22, 3:33 4:44 on digital clocks more often when I checked the time than would seem probable according to the laws of chance. I remember waking up, for example, at 1:11, 2:22, again at say 4:44 almost every night for months. When I looked at digital clocks during the day I would often see the repeating times as well.

It doesn't happen so much anymore, but the phenomenon lasted for years. I suspected some other people must have noticed something similar. I found this article today and it seems that this is something that a number of people are experiencing of late.

Some of the explanations of why this happens in the article are fairly dubious. I am not sure what cause of this is but to me it could have something to do with the "subconscious mind being a better timekeeper than we think, and possibly trying to signal to the conscious mind.

Some people have experienced this with 9:11.

_http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/04/24/1111-is-it-happening-to-you/

“I wake up every night at the same time, sometimes 11:11pm, sometimes 1:11am, 2:22am, 3:33am,” a geophysicist told us. When asked if anything unusual occurred, he said no, but that the very circumstances intrigued him. Was the brain triggering this nightly occurrence, or was there an outside, external source causing the influence?"

[...]

One woman told us: “I have this problem and it really IS becoming a problem… I don’t even wear a watch anymore, I’m always looking at the clock at 11:11am/pm and 1:11am/pm. I’ll even wake up just to look at the clock at 1:11am… It’s getting worse, too. Last night I woke up at 1:11am, 2:22am, and 3:33am!”

[...]

On one online message board, one person reported: “Everyday of my life it seems I see, 1:11, 2:11, 3:11, 4:11, 5:11, 6:11, 7:11, 8:11, 9:11, 10:11, 11:11, 12:11, I was born on 4/11/89, I’ve been seeing 11:11 for quite sum time now and I know there is no way it can be a coincidence (sic), I have so many unusual 11:11 stories…”

And there's this account:

One of the more intriguing reports: “One of my sightings that really stands out is walking past 2 boys wearing bright red football shirts as I turned round to look back at them (don’t know why I did) they both had number 11 on their backs!”

Mark said:
This happened to me some 30 years ago. I started seeing times of 10:10, 11:11... 2:22, 3:33 4:44 on digital clocks more often when I checked the time than would seem probable according to the laws of chance. I remember waking up, for example, at 1:11, 2:22, again at say 4:44 almost every night for months. When I looked at digital clocks during the day I would often see the repeating times as well.

It doesn't happen so much anymore, but the phenomenon lasted for years. I suspected some other people must have noticed something similar. I found this article today and it seems that this is something that a number of people are experiencing of late.

I have been experiencing something very similar for the last two years now. Instead of seeing recurring digits, i see 34 most of the times I look at a watch. It started happening two years ago, I used to wake up late everyday and whenever I checked the time, it was almost always 12:34 pm. This continued for a long time. After it had been few weeks, I didn't even have to check the time because I knew what it would be. But, this was fairly easy to reason out as some really accurate body clock that had adjusted to a particular sleeping pattern. This phenomenon used to happen fairly regularly. But then I also started seeing 1:34, 2:34, 3:34 etc as well. That was when, I started getting uneasy and started freaking out, as if 34 was chasing me everywhere. This is also about the time I had started reading about UFOs and other psychic phenomenon. I didn't really think about it back then except that it was a really weird experience. It might have stopped after a couple of months probably or I had gotten used to it because I don't remember seeing it a lot for a few months. So I mostly forgot about the whole affair.

Then it again started happening after 3-4 months when I came to this forum in 2011. This time around, I began seeing 6:34, 7:34, 8:34, 10:34 etc, basically any hour and 34 mins or even 43 mins. So I thought about it that maybe my subconscious was somehow trying to get my attention. There were a few people on the forum who had been experimenting with a numerology software available at decoz.com and had been surprised by its accuracy. So I gave it a shot. I explored the website. There is an article under the 'Tutorials & Articles' tab called Double-Digit numbers.

This is what it had to say about the number 34 and 43,
34 - It is very intelligent. It is spiritual purity through effort. It shares with others, and is a warrior.

43 - See 34. It represents concentration, perfectionism, sometimes frustrations, and feelings of inferiority.
And that description of 34 is what this forum and the people here are all about. It was a tough period in my life, also full of frustations in what I was doing and feelings of being basically clueless and aloof from my daily routine.

So I paid attention to what I was doing at the moments I saw 34 and it mostly used to be some piece of information that I was reading or thinking about which was important for me. Now I am not ruling out the possibility that I might have been reading too much into it, but it sure made me pay more attention. Whenever I was reading and gathering knowledge on the forum or in my daily life, the frequency of seeing 34 would decrease. And whenever it had been a long time since I had read something worthwhile or thought about things discussed here, I would see 34 more often. So in way, I reasoned that this was some subconscious mechanism telling me to be more aware and to gather knowledge and apply it. And though this doesn't happen very often now, every now and then I spend a lot of time away not doing what I should (gaining knowledge), 34 shows up again, kind of like saying,"You better get back doing the Work mister." So it's a good alarm clock. You can probably try to do the same and observe what you are doing in the moments you see these numbers. Here is what the site has to say about the numbers 11, 22 and 33,

Numerology; Key To Your Inner Self.
There are 3 double-digit numbers that, while they are rooted in the single-digit numbers, require special emphasis and attention. These are 11, 22, and 33.

They are called Master numbers because they possess more potential than other numbers. They are highly charged, difficult to handle, and require time, maturity, and great effort to integrate into one's personality.

The 11 is the most intuitive of all numbers. It represents illumination; a channel to the subconscious; insight without rational thought; and sensitivity, nervous energy, shyness, and impracticality. It is a dreamer. The 11 has all the aspects of the 2, enhanced and charged with charisma, leadership, and inspiration. It is a number with inborn duality, which creates dynamism, inner conflict, and other catalyses with its mere presence. It is a number that, when not focused on some goal beyond itself, can be turned inward to create fears and phobias. The 11 walks the edge between greatness and self-destruction. Its potential for growth, stability, and personal power lies in its acceptance of intuitive understanding, and of spiritual truths. For the 11, such peace is not found so much in logic, but in faith. It is the psychic's number.

The 22 is the most powerful of all numbers. It is often called the Master Builder. The 22 can turn the most ambitious of dreams into reality. It is potentially the most successful of all numbers. It has many of the inspirational insights of the 11, combined with the practicality and methodical nature of the 4. It is unlimited, yet disciplined. It sees the archetype, and brings it down to earth in some material form. It has big ideas, great plans, idealism, leadership, and enormous self-confidence. If not practical, the 22s waste their potential. Like the 11, the 22 can easily shrink from its own ambition, causing difficult interior pressures. Both the 11 and the 22 experience the pressure-cooker effect very strongly, particularly at an early age. It must work toward the realization of goals that are larger than personal ambition. The 22 serves the world in a practical way.

The 33 is the most influential of all numbers. It is the Master Teacher. The 33 combines the 11 and the 22 and brings their potential to another level. When expressed to the fullest, the 33 lacks all personal ambition, and instead focuses its considerable abilities toward the spiritual uplifting of mankind. What makes the 33 especially impressive, is the high level of sincere devotion. This is shown in its determination to seek understanding and wisdom before preaching to others. The 33 in full force is extremely rare.

The number 33 only matters when found among the core numbers: The Life Path, Heart's Desire, Expression, Personality, Maturity number, or as an Essence cycle or Pinnacle cycle. In all other cases the 33 should be reduced to a 6.
The fact that the 33 is extra-ordinary demanding and rare can be seen symbolically in the methods of calculation.
For example, a 33 Life Path can happen only when each of the 3 units of the birth date (month/year/day) add to 11. Or when the year adds to 22 (in the 20th century there are only 7 years that add to 22: 1939, 48, 57, 66, 75, 84, and 93) and the month and day of birth combined total is 11. And finally, when the birth day is 22 and the month and year of birth total 11.

Another way to look at the Master numbers:
The Master numbers 11, 22, and 33 represent a triangle. A triangle of Enlightenment.

11 22

The number 11 represents the vision.
The number 22 combines vision with action
The number 33 offers guidance to the world.

Hope it is useful. ;)

Re: Anyone seeing times of 11:11. 12:12 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, etc. very often?

Mark said:

This is been going on for the last 20 years for me. I must confest, those numbers drove me crazy for a while...maybe still. 11:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 day and night ! I ask people around if they were experiencing the same and then realized that for most of them i was a freak of nature... it became a joke for most of them. Hey look, it's 11:11 ! Thank you very much, I see that enough, don't need people to tell me that ! I search the net for a logical explanation. Numerology helped understand the number, but it does not explain the why and the frequency we are seeing them..

One of the more intriguing reports: “One of my sightings that really stands out is walking past 2 boys wearing bright red football shirts as I turned round to look back at them (don’t know why I did) they both had number 11 on their backs!”

Those who think that all of this is a result of the digital era maybe right.of course we have digital clock everywhere nowadays. that will explain the frequency that we are seeing those numbers. But as the above quote imply, there is more than just digital clock. I still see those number elsewhere. on road panel, car license number...
for the last 5 years, 11:11 has been..the number 1 sequence for me ;)

Galatea said:
Nathaniel said:
Laura said:
Session Date: April 25th 2010

Q: (L) I've often wondered when these names come up. They're just such strange things. What is it that they mean?

A: They relate to the specific vibrational frequency of the moment as expressed by the numerical frequency of the combination of vowels and consonants.

Q: (L) What is the numerical frequency of a vowel and consonant?

A: It is a science barely understood by your civilization but was once well known. Words have deeper meaning than you suspect.

Q: (Bubbles) Like in numerology?

A: Similar, but that is a dim reflection of the ancient science.

i would like to learn this science. any books on it?

An easier way to learn about it is to go to _http://www.decoz.com/ - up top it says "free stuff" click on "do your own reading" and it will teach you :)

According to my name and Birthday...

Do Your Own Numerology Reading
Your Second Period Cycle is 11:
Your Third Pinnacle Cycle is 11:

"The challenge of the 11 Pinnacle is to remain grounded and attached to this dream. You must find practical and useful ways to be of service to others, at the same time developing yourself so that one day you may be able to bring forth that which is within you."

Your Expression number is 22

Your Heart's Desire number is 11

no comment...

Re: Anyone seeing times of 11:11. 12:12 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, etc. very often?

kanader said:
Mark said:

This is been going on for the last 20 years for me. I must confest, those numbers drove me crazy for a while...maybe still. 11:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 day and night ! I ask people around if they were experiencing the same and then realized that for most of them i was a freak of nature... it became a joke for most of them. Hey look, it's 11:11 ! Thank you very much, I see that enough, don't need people to tell me that ! I search the net for a logical explanation. Numerology helped understand the number, but it does not explain the why and the frequency we are seeing them..

Those who think that all of this is a result of the digital era maybe right.of course we have digital clock everywhere nowadays. that will explain the frequency that we are seeing those numbers. But as the above quote imply, there is more than just digital clock. I still see those number elsewhere. on road panel, car license number...
for the last 5 years, 11:11 has been..the number 1 sequence for me ;)

Galatea said:
Nathaniel said:
Laura said:
Session Date: April 25th 2010

Q: (L) I've often wondered when these names come up. They're just such strange things. What is it that they mean?

A: They relate to the specific vibrational frequency of the moment as expressed by the numerical frequency of the combination of vowels and consonants.

Q: (L) What is the numerical frequency of a vowel and consonant?

A: It is a science barely understood by your civilization but was once well known. Words have deeper meaning than you suspect.

Q: (Bubbles) Like in numerology?

A: Similar, but that is a dim reflection of the ancient science.

i would like to learn this science. any books on it?

An easier way to learn about it is to go to _http://www.decoz.com/ - up top it says "free stuff" click on "do your own reading" and it will teach you :)

According to my name and Birthday...

Do Your Own Numerology Reading
Your Second Period Cycle is 11:
Your Third Pinnacle Cycle is 11:

"The challenge of the 11 Pinnacle is to remain grounded and attached to this dream. You must find practical and useful ways to be of service to others, at the same time developing yourself so that one day you may be able to bring forth that which is within you."

Your Expression number is 22

Your Heart's Desire number is 11

no comment...

What I find interesting in this phenomenon is the mind's apparent ability to count intervals of time very accurately. For me, this interval is 71 (minutes, or multiples thereof), 71 is a prime number if that means anything. The "subconscious" mind actually seems to be the "super" conscious mind in some sense.

There is also the aspect of signaling - different numbers are apparently signaled for different people...

chrismcdude said:
I have been experiencing something very similar for the last two years now. Instead of seeing recurring digits, i see 34 most of the times I look at a watch. It started happening two years ago, I used to wake up late everyday and whenever I checked the time, it was almost always 12:34 pm. This continued for a long time. After it had been few weeks, I didn't even have to check the time because I knew what it would be. But, this was fairly easy to reason out as some really accurate body clock that had adjusted to a particular sleeping pattern. This phenomenon used to happen fairly regularly. But then I also started seeing 1:34, 2:34, 3:34 etc as well. That was when, I started getting uneasy and started freaking out, as if 34 was chasing me everywhere. This is also about the time I had started reading about UFOs and other psychic phenomenon. I didn't really think about it back then except that it was a really weird experience. It might have stopped after a couple of months probably or I had gotten used to it because I don't remember seeing it a lot for a few months. So I mostly forgot about the whole affair.

People under hypnosis, when the "sub" conscious is given free rein, have been reported to exhibit some amazing abilities, super strength, amazing eyesight, perfect recall, etc.

I am not sure if numerology even fits into all this, but I must admit I have almost zero knowledge of the subject.

It has happened to me a lot too, and it's still happening now and then. I read some explanations of the phenoma really far fetched (new age stuff). For me, an hypothesis could be that it is simply a sign that one pay attention to what surrounding us. Maybe before I crossed them but don't noticed, don't reacted with "it's funny, it's all the same number".

As for to feel chased by a particular number, I wonder if it's not the same that something you probally all experienced : you learn a new word and suddenly it seems to be everywhere, it's just that your mind pay attention i think.

Or maybe there is something else behind that.

It could be a question for the C's though I'm sure there are far more important issues than that

I must admit that I too have been seeing a lot of the 11:11 on various clocks, in the house, while driving in the car, or even on the computer, I'm keeping an open mind on it, but tend to the theory that it is a wake up moment, to be alert, to observe what's happening around you.

Here's an anagram: Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one.

Another twist on the Zodiac:
Aries (ram) is the first cycle. (1)
Aquarius (water) is the Eleventh. (11)
Pisces (fish swimming each direction) is the twelfth cycle - directly between the first and the eleventh cycles of the zodiac.
You can look one way to the future, and the other way to the past.
This is where the future meets the past, where the head of the snake eats its tail, or may even be where you meet up with your future self.
Pisces is where we have Easter/the passion of Christ/the ides of March/the autumn equinox (OK spring equinox for you northerners).

We are now in the Age of Aquarius, which began on 1st January, 2001. (1/1/1, if you like)
It may be significant that Aquarius is the water-bearer.

This relates to the Israelis who (according to the Bible) were told to go into the promised land and kill every man, woman and child, and all their animals, they found there.
They must have gotten sick of all the killing because they didn't manage to kill them all, and the survivors were given the task of carrying the water for the victors.
These same survivors were the Philistines/Palestinians who still exist today, and who have been a thorn in the sides of the Israelis ever since.
It is interesting that in this day and age (of Aquarius) the Israelis seem to be intent on finishing the job they were given. Perhaps they think it is a divine right. Maybe it is.
Do the C's have a comment?

It is interesting that in this day and age (of Aquarius) the Israelis seem to be intent on finishing the job they were given. Perhaps they think it is a divine right. Maybe it is.

Blatantly bombing civilians, ripping heads and limbs off children, pulverizing neighborhoods, targeting UN schools and hospitals and murdering defenseless humans caged in their own country by a pathological leadership that has brainwashed their constituents while the U.S. government that is financing this atrocity IS NOT A DIVINE RIGHT!!!!!!!

You have a lot of catching up to do on SOTT.net regarding Gaza.

Back
Top Bottom