Organic Portals: Human variation

Passive Organic Portals? & leg/knee Shaking

Its weird, but when I thought of this (and yes I was very angry at the time, possibly because I'd just lost a post), I thought of Laura's "One for the money, two for the show"... dream. Weird.

Here are the lyrics to the song by Carl Perkins.

(words & music by carl perkins)
Well, its one for the money,
Two for the show,
Three to get ready,
Now go, cat, go.

But dont you step on my blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes.

Well, you can knock me down,
Step in my face,
Slander my name
All over the place.

Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,
Honey, lay off of my shoes
Dont you step on my blue suede shoes.

You can burn my house,
Steal my car,
Drink my liquor
From an old fruitjar.

Do anything that you want to do, but uh-uh,
Honey, lay off of my shoes
Dont you step on my blue suede shoes.

Ruth said:
ark said:
You must FIRST become somebody, with rich and developed self, before you can even think of serving others.
And HOW would you know anything about me? And why would you suggest this?

The fact is you know nothing about who I am (and sometimes I don't), so, how could a person know one way or the other, or why, I have to have a 'developed self'. Why is this the way it must be? Is this is why it this process so slow?

Oh, here it is:

Firstly: Assume that a person (any person) DOESN'T have a developed soul...
Secondly: Tell them to 'go back and 'get' one.... in order to progress...
Thirdly: Assume that they don't know any better when they get 'pissed' at you for being ignorant...
erm Ruth...., surely Ark's statement holds for *anybody*? surely, you (anyone) can't effectively help others until you are sufficiently developed to be effective in your actions, and to have a fuller understanding of the purpose behind what you are actually doing.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that you are somehow exempt from this!

Maybe Ark knows something about you, and maybe he doesn't, either way, his statement still makes sense to me. Perhaps your ego is feeling a bit dented? and if so, isn't that a sign in itself, that your ego is still running the show?

blimey Ruth, no-one's expecting you to be some kind of 'perfect being', so on the flip side, how can you not accept that you might still have some developing/learning still to do? doesn't everyone?

Ruth, you answer the question yourself when you say:

Ruth said:
The fact is you know nothing about who I am (and sometimes I don't), so, how could a person know one way or the other, or why, I have to have a 'developed self'. Why is this the way it must be? Is this is why it this process so slow?
If you don't "know yourself", how can someone else know you? How can you give and DO?

What Ark and others see is that Ruth doesn't know herself. That comes across very clearly in your posts. It isn't a question of sitting across from you at a table, of knowing details of your life, etc. It is seeing that Ruth is not yet all that she could BE.

Ark is not attacking you. He is giving you very caring advice. He is trying to help you see that your understanding of STS is wrong in this case. It is OK to think about yourself if your goal is to BE someone who can then DO.

That advice is the very foundation of this forum and our work. Why is it that after years of participation here and on other of the groups you still don't understand that most basic of ideas? What is preventing you from grapsing it?

Could that be why "this process is so slow"?

Ruth said:
ark said:
You must FIRST become somebody, with rich and developed self, before you can even think of serving others.
And HOW would you know anything about me?
I know my dog enjoys treats because he gets visibly and vocally excited when I hold one for him to eat. His behaviour allows me to know something about him. You Ruth, interact on this forum. Your actions are visible to us, and thus it is fairly easy to know something about you: how you interact with others, what your thought processes are, how you respond to observations/criticism/etc. How can we not know something about you, unless you are lying 100% of the time?

And why would you suggest this?
Ark was not suggesting you, personally, develop a self. He was saying that if you want to serve others, you must develop a self. Think about it: growing more STO is the process of achieving a '4D-harvestable' state.

3rd Density = STS
50% of the population are OPs, and because OPs cannot 'progress' to 4D, they are always STS in 'this' life, period.
The other 50% have the potential to either become more STS, or STO, but they are still STS while they work on themselves to achieve this.

By these definition, OPs do not and cannot have a 'self', nor can they be STO. Only non-OPs with 'potential' selves can achieve this. If you want to use the words we use on this forum, you must understand the concepts and definitions behind them.

So, in order to truly serve (that is, to be service-to-others), one must be a non-OP. It is impossible, by the definitions we have set forth, for a non-STO being to be STO. It's that simple. So if you want to be STO, you must develop a self. That is what Ark was saying.

Unless you are consciously lying in your posts, it is obvious from observing the way you behave on the forum that you cannot grasp certain concepts, that you constantly project, and that you have an inability to See and Do. But nowhere did Ark say you must be a certain way. You are self-referencing here. Not everything is about you Ruth, even if Ark included the word 'you' in his sentence. You have an inability to correctly judge the multiple meanings of even a simple sentence that applies to everyone and is conditional. You get caught in legalistic doctrinaire interpretations. This itself is evidence of your lack of a self. This is not a bad thing, though. Hardly (if any) of us even have what could be called a real 'self'. That is what the Work is about.

And you are right, it is not necessary to have a self. Probably 99.9% of humanity does not have a self, and only 49.9% of those have the potential for a self. Perhaps it is you, Ruth, who has trouble accepting that you do not have a self, and do not need one? As you say, "Why [do] I have to have a 'developed self'?" You don't! No one said you did. But if you truly want to be STO, then you must!

hkoehli said:
I know my dog enjoys treats because he gets visibly and vocally excited when I hold one for him to eat. His behaviour allows me to know something about him.
Hmm, which reminds me what G said about animals: "Practice love first on animals, they are more sensitive." More Gurdjieff aphorisms at http://www.gurdjieff.org/aphorisms.htm

Ruth said:
Nothing is a must be. But, if you truly want to be a STO candidate, the first thing to do is to know yourself. You seem to think that to Work on the self and to know the self is - selfish. But, until you do know yourself and all of your programs "i"s, how do you know that you are not lying to everyone who you think you are helping? Until you know yourself, and "See" the programs and "i"s in yourself, you cannot "See" the programs and "i"s in others clearly. And so in not "knowing" yourself, and hence being able to really know others, you are not helping anyone. Yes, it is a long, hard road to follow. It takes time and Work. But I have noticed that when I can identify the programs and "i"s in myself, I am then able to recognize these same programs and "i"s in others. Learning these things helps one be able to "See" the truth in what is happening in the world and to be able to tell who is lying, being manipulative, being covert aggressive and so on. Then you can try to help others to see the truth. By just blindly labeling one this and one that without any true knowledge of what makes up these labels, you are doing no one a favor. And could actually be spreading lies, which is very STS-ish. OSIT.

Back to leg shaking my 2 cents:
Nktulloch said:
I have to agree with Shar here. I shake my leg too, especially when I am impatient but also when I am very focused on a given task. Implying that restless leg shaking is a sign of being an OP triggers my sez who and what evidence type questions.
Laura said:
I'll join the chorus here: I'm a leg shaker from way back, and so is Ark. All my kids do it, the SOTT team does it... heck, everybody I am close to does it. So, if we are going to use leg shaking as some kind of sign, I would suggest that it is a sign of the souled being who really wants to "shake a leg" and get outta Dodge!
Further, I will speculate that individuals who do NOT shake their leg or engage in similar rhythmic movements, are more likely to be machines which, when not operating a specific protocol, more or less go "blank."
Well, so very disturbing new for me: I'm NOT a leg shaker, and never was; so is my spouse, both parents and friends osit. I came to know only one active leg-shaker in my whole life (one of junior colleagues at the time). My small son under 2 LOVES to scratch behind his ears when he tries to translate to his birds language something I said to him, one of my colleagues chukles his feasts with loud cracking sound all the time, i scratch my back sometimes (like now when i try to finish this sentence), some other people scratch other more private parts all the time without paying minimum attention and respect to others that maybe thei obsessive scratching of "reading instrument" is somewhat umcomfortable for others to witness ;)

from Navagante's Gurdjieff aphorisms link, IMO number 5 is the most appropriate:

"Remember you come here having already understood the necessity of struggling with yourself-only with yourself. Therefore thank everyone who gives you the opportunity."

henry said:
Ark is not attacking you. He is giving you very caring advice. He is trying to help you see that your understanding of STS is wrong in this case. It is OK to think about yourself if your goal is to BE someone who can then DO.

That advice is the very foundation of this forum and our work. Why is it that after years of participation here and on other of the groups you still don't understand that most basic of ideas? What is preventing you from grapsing it?
worth repeating. It is rare in this world to have so many sincere people giving their valuable time offering such clear and sympathetic advice.

I found a little information on leg shaking or jiggling on an ADHD forum. These are quotes from the book someone on the forum was reading: Fidget to Focus by Roland Rotz Phd, and Sarah D. Wright
"Fidgets are any simultaneous sensory-motor stimulation strategy, easy to remember as the four S's. They are strategies for use in the moment. If something in which we are engaged is not interesting enough to sustian our focus, the additional sensory motor input that is mildly stimulating, interesting, or entertaining, allows our brains to become fully engaged, and allows us to sustain focus on the primary activity at hand. We typically employ these strategies unconciously, because at some level we know they help us to be in the appropriate state of mind. "

"A movement strategy commonly seen in classrooms, meeting rooms, and lecture halls around the world is the fidgety leg."
Much of the discussion on this ADHD forum of course centered around need for the kinetic release associated with the figeting. HD folks need to move their body more than others and this allows them to do so which provides an energy outlet so they can better focus or concentrate.

Ruth said:
Riiiiight... Do you think it'll work??!!
Song Lyric said:
Perhaps if you gave away those "blue suede shoes" = sacred cows (it's not easy, we all know, but does not kill us either) that don't even fit anymore (because if they did you wouldn't be saying "I know I'm looking for something, but it just doesn't seem to be there. I'm not sure what it is, but it just isn't there."), perhaps then you might be able to see that when you are only a machine that runs programs (we all are), it is IMPOSSIBLE to DO anything. And just SEEing and recognizing this, makes a looooot of difference.

Things don't "work" by themselves, unless we "work" them, make them work, and is the same with our beings and minds.

ark said:
One of the virtues of this thread was to show a major trap along the Path.

Maybe an analogy will clarify it more easily.

Human beings start their life like a sailor on a boat in the middle of a dark ocean.

After opening his eyes the sailor visits the boat, it's in good condition, all the required equipment is here, there are sails, rope, food and maps.

Then he takes a look at the map, he realizes that he is sailing the grand ocean of STSness and over there in the corner of the map, stand the small STOisland.

Sooner or later, the sailor will have to make a choice : standing in the STSness waters or discovering this little island.

However if he wants to make real choices, first of all he will have to learn how to sail his boat. Otherwise, it is the dwell, the wind, the boat who make the choices.

Along the learning process he will understand more accurately his boat, the art of sailing, the specificties of the ocean and the concept of island.

Here is a trap, if the sailor overstimates himself (while he is only a beginner) he might believe that he is an expert sailor and that he perfectly knows how to read maps. Then he will follow what he thinks is the route to STOisland. This misevaluation might lead to a wreckage.

If the sailor doesn't fall in this trap and others, he might finally manage to handle his boat well, and be able to choose where he really goes to, though it doesn't mean that he'll head towards the STO island.

Perhaps another thread that has just started will add some insight:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3925

Thanks for the above link to the opinion thread, Laura. Quite thought provoking. I'm not sure where to post this idea I've been mulling over so please let me know if it needs to be moved. It seems to me as we gain in knowledge of the ways and deceptions of the psychopath and in turn uncover our own weaknesses to their manipulations, one of the most difficult aspects of our work seems to be getting over the hurt that we feel that they would do this to us. We have a difficult time not ascribing to them the same "moral compass" that guides us and we suffer for that. I think this also feeds their negative energy. It seems that if we are to accept all faces of God, that we eventually must accept this difference of polarity with humility and without judgement. I find it a struggle but requisite to the work. I think we would all be much less vulnerable to their manipulation and the subsequent damage they inflict if we honestly accept that they have a right to exist just as much as we do. That is not to say we condone their actions or will not expose their lies, I'm just proposing that it might be done without too much moral superiority. If we engage too much of our energy reacting and responding to their attacks, I do not see it benefitting our goal. Not easy to do, but I am striving to this end.

If you have a conscience, then you are not a psychopath. There are non-psychopaths whose consciences are not functioning, the C's call them damaged souls. Non-psychopaths have a potential soul and conscience but that doesn't mean they have a functioning one at a particular point in time.

So judging by your signature, you say as a teenager you were a psychopath but have since developed a conscience. That's probably not that unusual but the process is interesting. Care to elaborate about how it happened for you?

doviine said:
I've experienced the growth of my own conscience. Where would that fall in?

Back
Top Bottom