Our paranormal experiences

It's quite remarkable that you write about it today. Last night I dreamed that I was visiting a volcano and I also felt the smell of sulfur while I was sleeping. It is possible that I was dreaming about it even around the time you wrote this post.

I saw this thing in the sky on Tenerife, which is basically a huge dormant volcano. And there is now the La Palma eruption not too far away. Though volcanoes have a smell of sulfur too, so it may not be connected to anything else.

I was reading "The Wave". I know what you wrote about Kant. I really liked it when you wrote that if the space with its features is a property of our consciousness and not a property of the external world, then the three-dimensional world must in some way depend on the structure of our mental organ. It is a path to consciousness that interests me very much. Of course, I've also read on, and I strongly agree with you.

I am also curious about your general view of Kant's philosophy in terms of spirituality, mysticism or paranormal phenomena. Is there anything in his philosophy that you attach particular importance to? Where did the idea come from to discuss elements of his philosophy? What inspired you about it?

By now you should be familiar with my method after reading FPTM. I have been reading widely and voraciously for over 60 years and I very rarely forget things. I accumulate tons of data that gets sorted in my brain somehow without my conscious attention, and if a piece of data comes along 20 years after a similar piece, my brain automatically connects them and calls it to my attention. Thankfully, I usually also remember the book from which the earlier piece of data was extracted.

After reading Ouspensky (ISOTM) and Gurdjieff, a lot of bits of odd data slotted into place. I was interested in Kant's views on that topic for that reason. As for a general view of Kant, it's like my general view of about everything: everyone is blind and trying to describe the elephant based on their own experiences/thoughts. I may have achieved some degree of 'mosaic consciousness', as the Cs once suggested, but I don't fool myself that I have the whole banana.

By now you should be familiar with my method after reading FPTM. I have been reading widely and voraciously for over 60 years and I very rarely forget things.
Yes, I would say that you are making a very interesting synthesis because you are not just linking content that should be linked on the basis of some particular systematic method (e.g. belonging to a given sub-discipline), but sometimes you also describe common points between potentially disjoint disciplines. This is something I like very much. That is why, among other things, I like to read what you write and it is interesting to me.
I accumulate tons of data that gets sorted in my brain somehow without my conscious attention, and if a piece of data comes along 20 years after a similar piece, my brain automatically connects them and calls it to my attention. Thankfully, I usually also remember the book from which the earlier piece of data was extracted.
It seems to me that whatever we have read, and especially if this reading has made us feel emotional, it somehow remains in our consciousness and becomes apparent when we encounter a similarity. Moreover, this similarity may be of various nature. Hence, I also liked what you wrote about Kant. Anyway, I must admit that when I was reading FPTM, I often thought about a person or view, and a few pages later that person or concept appeared.
After reading Ouspensky (ISOTM) and Gurdjieff, a lot of bits of odd data slotted into place. I was interested in Kant's views on that topic for that reason. As for a general view of Kant, it's like my general view of about everything: everyone is blind and trying to describe the elephant based on their own experiences/thoughts.
Oh yes! I feel it very well. I got interested in Kant somehow at the beginning of high school. My attention was initially drawn to his transcendental philosophy, and therefore many of the aspects you write about in "The Wave". I saw in this a kind of inversion of effects and causes at the ontological and epistemological level. Later, I was interested in the further development of what Kant had started, so to this day I have a fondness for German philosophy.
I may have achieved some degree of 'mosaic consciousness', as the Cs once suggested, but I don't fool myself that I have the whole banana.
I personally see no better method than this kind of synthesis which you call "mosaic consciousness". I would say that I see a kind of non-linearity in this, looking at one object from many different perspectives. Advanced structures certainly require this approach, but even something relatively primitive like a biological cell will by no means be well understood by someone trying to describe it using only biological, chemical, or physical terminology. Too many aspects are lost. I also see what you call "mosaic consciousness" as a kind of interdisciplinary approach, avoiding confinement to one narrow field and completely adopting a particular methodology.

The sad thing is that modern science is not moving in this direction. It is even abandoned. However, I hope that this trend will change in the future.

It seems to me that whatever we have read, and especially if this reading has made us feel emotional, it somehow remains in our consciousness and becomes apparent when we encounter a similarity. Moreover, this similarity may be of various nature. Hence, I also liked what you wrote about Kant. Anyway, I must admit that when I was reading FPTM, I often thought about a person or view, and a few pages later that person or concept appeared.

Well, I can get emotional when reading stories about people, but I don't generally get emotional when reading non-fiction/dry scholarly texts. What I DO feel is curiosity. My brain just gobbles up facts and data and I feel sort of an epic curiosity. I can be riveted by a bit of data or an observation and wonder intensely how it fits into the scheme of things. Paranormal events are, of course, extremely riveting because they are so curious and mostly inexplicable. I think my brain must not like things that are not explained and it is constantly flipping through files to find comparative data. And, of course, one must have comparative data, so one must read and collect it. A LOT.

Well, I can get emotional when reading stories about people, but I don't generally get emotional when reading non-fiction/dry scholarly texts. What I DO feel is curiosity.
Well, yes, but isn't curiosity a form of emotionality? My experience shows that when I read about something that interests me especially, I feel no less emotional than if I read stories about people. Something that is seemingly scientific and dry can actually trigger huge emotions.

I will never forget how, at the beginning of my physics studies, I had the chills when someone spoke about time. It was very emotional for me. Time interested me so much that at that time I was experiencing various emotions associated with it.
Paranormal events are, of course, extremely riveting because they are so curious and mostly inexplicable. I think my brain must not like things that are not explained and it is constantly flipping through files to find comparative data. And, of course, one must have comparative data, so one must read and collect it. A LOT.
One issue has hurt me here for a long time. Paranormal phenomena have long been the subject of scientific research in some ways, but mainstream science rejects them. The problem is that, according to modern methodology, they are virtually impossible to confirm (but also impossible to disprove). There are some very rigid frames in science and it is difficult to do anything to avoid these frames. The experiment must be repeatable. It does not work with paranormal phenomena as it does with the more "mundane" ones. Here's the problem and I wonder how to get around it. I think an alternative methodology is necessary, a change of assumptions. The problem lies at the very basis of modern methodology. Empiricism seems to contradict theory, but theory has its "security". You can see immediately that it is not solid, but you cannot prove something just because you can see it.

I am very attracted to paranormal phenomena, but I dream of a step forward in this type of research. I am curious if you have any ideas related to this.

Data collection is certainly very important here. The question, however, is what we will do with them next. How to analyze them? There seems to be a lot of data, but there is still a lack of the right approach, the proper theory. In a way, we are left to ourselves. We can believe but we cannot know. It makes me worried.

Similarly we know from experience only one-dimensional and two-dimensional spheres, bu mathematics deals with spheres of any number of dimensions, and in quantum theory the space of quantum state vectors of a particle is an infinite-dimensional sphere. Without mathematics we woul be lost indeed, but mathematics gives us powerful tools for dealing with other realms, inaccessible to our immediate experience.
Good point and well said, I never truly considered the importance of mathematics here. It seemed like once I got past early calculus most of mathematics I was learning was based off estimations and assumptions, like the use of limits to infinity or ML estimates with complex numbers. As for quantum mechanics, I've not learned much about it, yet.
Perhaps mathematics is the most objective we can get to understand our interactions with higher densities, but would it not be possible to add our own biases to even math as well? How can we be certain that what we are seeing here is actually going on 'up there'. I'm largely ignorant of math so I'm asking genuinely, as someone like yourself that is much more experienced in the subject.

How can we be certain that what we are seeing here is actually going on 'up there
We will never be "certain", unless we want to lie to ourselves that we have "The Theory of Everything". But that is not a reason for worrying. Even if we will understand a little bit about fifth and six densities, and we will acquire even a small capability of traveling between these densities/dimensions and in time, we will have thousands of new questions that need to be answered. New territories to investigate, and new aspirations. What else do you need?

There is an other experience I'd like to tell you.
It is one, I havent talkt to mouch about, but one that infuenced me the most.
Meybe it is this one experience that guidet me to the way, that led me to the storrie I wrote in the user introduction.

It was relatively close in time to the start of this journey as mentiont above.
The first night in the new built house of my parrents.
We slept together in one room, only on mattreses, since the furniture and all the stuff were not ready jet.
So in the middle of the night i woke up and looked arround.
Suddenly there came a greenish/yellowisch louminous person right trough the closed door, walkt to the wall opposite of the door.
Youst before walking through the wall, that person lookt at me and nodded to me.
I have to say that the floor in komparrison to the outside was 3.5m above ground.
While this experience there was no fear and i suggestet this person with jesus, maby because while nodding to me I realised, that there was a crown of thornes on his head.
Well, after that I only layed back to sleep.

What do you think about that?

There is an other experience I'd like to tell you.
It is one, I havent talkt to mouch about, but one that infuenced me the most.
Meybe it is this one experience that guidet me to the way, that led me to the storrie I wrote in the user introduction.

It was relatively close in time to the start of this journey as mentiont above.
The first night in the new built house of my parrents.
We slept together in one room, only on mattreses, since the furniture and all the stuff were not ready jet.
So in the middle of the night i woke up and looked arround.
Suddenly there came a greenish/yellowisch louminous person right trough the closed door, walkt to the wall opposite of the door.
Youst before walking through the wall, that person lookt at me and nodded to me.
I have to say that the floor in komparrison to the outside was 3.5m above ground.
While this experience there was no fear and i suggestet this person with jesus, maby because while nodding to me I realised, that there was a crown of thornes on his head.
Well, after that I only layed back to sleep.

What do you think about that?

Two things occur to me: 1) There may have been some interpretive projection on your part resulting in the idea of the apparition being Jesus-like and having a crown of thorns; or there may have been a crown of something else that you perceived as thorns and thus, Jesus because seeing Jesus is okay and safe, but not seeing apparitions in general. 2) The noted feature that the apparition was above the ground actually draws forth a comparison with some other apparition types where the figure is higher or lower than ground level.

For example, T. C. Lethbridge reported a case of a repeating apparition of a Roman soldier that appeared to be waist deep in the ground. As it happened, an ancient Roman road was actually exactly deep enough underground to have been the ground walked upon at the time such a soldier must have walked there. Lethbridge noted that some apparitions appeared to be something rather like recordings on a tape, an EM field of some sort, and they just endlessly replayed (randomly) with no regard to the state of the environment at the time of observation.

The only part of your experience that would not fit such a scenario was being looked at and nodded to. That seems to be rather more personal. One then has to wonder why the figure was elevated above the floor?

On still another hand, such episodes can often be masks for alien interactions such as abductions, etc.

it's like my general view of about everything: everyone is blind and trying to describe the elephant based on their own experiences/thoughts. I may have achieved some degree of 'mosaic consciousness', as the Cs once suggested, but I don't fool myself that I have the whole banana.

I said pretty much the exact same thing last night, even using the elephant analogy. I went to a Thanksgiving dinner comprised of mostly recovery people. We were discussing how some people with a lot of years in recovery become guru's. (In their own head of course) And so I was talking to this gentleman with several decades of sobriety and I said essentially what you just said and threw in what Paul said about "seeing through a glass darkly." Some people may have worked out an amazing system of thought and understanding, but it's still only one perspective. And there will always be others with just as useful and amazing perspectives that are seeing things from a different angle. So, my point was that one should never fall into hubris because one can never have the whole banana. At least, not at this level. Just as you said.

FWIW

I don't know if this is right place but recently I've, also got a weird thing happening. I never focus on numbers around me but now I've tried to meditate when I go and back from work. I started since about a month looking on numbers on cars on the street. I see numbers repeatedly : 44, 55 and 77. While meditation I'm asking myself if I would be able to help my family, to end our stressful life and go to future where we are all happy. Those numbers answers are something like: "The change of new good reality is near and angels are happy from my good spirit work. I worked good and the good future is near. " It's funny that I see those numbers when I've got those questions but maybe it's just my imagination :-) What do you think?

I had an experience once. When I was around nine or so I was climbing around on rocks by a river at the end of some falls in a park. I had climbed down on a small ledge next to the water. When turning around to climb back up I lost my balance and started to fall backwards into the river. I was mostly concerned about getting wet since it was a calmer part of the river. I was about to jump backwards into the river to avoid falling on my back. Instead, something pushed me forward into a squatting position. I went through it in my head at the time and it seemed unlikely I had imagined it. There was nothing there physically that could have pushed me so it must have been something else. Whatever it was I thanked it. I think I would have been okay jumping in normally but hard to tell at that moment being caught off guard. My grandpa was with me at the time but I was out of his view. Would probably have been hard on him if I was or looked like I was drowning.

Well, I‘ve never thought of „prophetic“ dreams as paranormal, but now that you mention them, then I suppose I had also more paranormal experiences than I thought (or remember).

I was in beginning of my puberty when that started.

I would remember bits and peces of a dream that couple of days later came to be; i.e. I‘ve dreamed of kissing a boy in the pool and around a week later I would meet a boy and we would kiss in a pool - and then I would remember my dream!

The most stunning dream I had was:

I was sitting in a large lecturing hall and everybody started to pack - lesson was finished.

I looked to my right and then to my left wondering who those people are.

I thought about it the whole next day and I was wondering about my dream.

A few years later, I was at university and lession was over and it hit me - I looked to the right then to the left and now I knew who those people were and where I was.

The situation, the people - all was exactly as it was in my dream back then.

My dreams stopped due my unhealthy life I would say, or I don’t know why, but but many times I would catch myself in a familiar situation that is not quite deja vu feeling but much more….

So, idk, I thought that people have that sometimes but mix it with deja vu. It’s hard to tell the difference sometimes…

My brother also dreams and some dreams come to be. But he says he’s afraid because he has also bad dreams and don’t want to talk about them because he’s afraid they would also come true.

And also I‘ve never saw a benefit of those dreams- like warnings or something. They were just there. Maybe they are still here, but due to my busy life and my obligations as soon as I wake up, I forget about them and later I have situations that pompt this familiar feeling…

🤷🏻‍♀️

The most important 'paranormal' thing that happened to me was a dream I had 14 years ago.
Purple and red sky with strange shapeshifting objects coming out of the sparkly clouds.
It was so real and powerfull.
The next morning/ day during my daily chores a word 'Cassiopeia' was constantly coming up in my mind.
After few times I googled it cause I couldn't stop thinking about the dream and that mystery 'term'.
The first thing that came as a result was - the star constelation and it was nothing special.
I must have heard about that somewhere before. But ! The next thing that google offered was - Cassiopean experiment !
So I started to read and here I am.

Funny 'coincidence' was that before that dream I was in worst stage of my life.
Praying every day 'Dear God, or someone out there, please give my the ultimate truth about the world and meaning of life..
I just can not live in this fake world, I will take the truth for whatever it will be, just please - show me..'

Today, I don't find this paranormal anymore.

Other stuff during life was mostly voices that I heard as a child.
Creepy, metalic, robot like which made me feel scared and paralyzed, lying in my bed, hearing my parents in next room
but couldn't scream for help - but I never mentioned that to anyone.
Since we know that alien abduction of some sort is also our reality - I don't wanna go there and dig deeper.

Too much stress these days anyway and I can not change what/if happened 🥳
The most important is here & now. Listen, look, learn = love.

Back
Top Bottom