Paleo Diet Cookbook

maybe a health/diet/EE book would be a good idea....

with all the knowlege about this topics that is gathered here we could make a real difference in the lives of many people!
to get the necessary realness of the book, Psyche could be the main author (you know Phd and stuff makes it much more credible in the eyes of many people).

main topics that could be in the book (possibly written in a way that everybody can understand it):

- the solution for those who are not willing to give up high carbohydrate intake (gluten,raffinated sugar, lactose free etc ) including data wich makes sence to understand the why and how. and some guidance of how to find products (or make them) wich are free from those EVILS. and possible some good recipes.

-the paleo diet as we are doing it with the data to understand what is going on and the explanation that this is the optimal way of eating etc.
how to find products (or make them) wich are optimal for the diet (including recipes maybe). including that this diet almost certainly will make you loose weight if you are overweight or gain when you are underweight etc..

-EE (including the DVD maybe?) some data to understand what is going on and a link to the EE forum for guidance regarding EE and also the diet .

-Detoxification

-etc

[quote author=Rhiannon]

Agave may be worse then high fructose corn syrup-
_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/agave-this-sweetener-is-f_b_537936.html
[/quote]

Just read this, had almost bought it before from our local health food store and sure glad that I did not; research, research is a good reminder before being lulled into buying unknown marketed products.

Thanks.

RyanX said:
Laura said:
Recipes must exclude inflammatory items such as peppers, potatoes, nuts, eggs, etc.

Should all legumes be excluded as well?

I did not know that eggs where out in a Paleo diet. (I did not read the book yet). I am trying to eat as less as possible of carbohydrates but I thought that eggs were ok. :-[ I ask myself: what I am going to eat? Apart meat, I mean. And fat.

loreta said:
RyanX said:
Laura said:
Recipes must exclude inflammatory items such as peppers, potatoes, nuts, eggs, etc.

I did not know that eggs where out in a Paleo diet. (I did not read the book yet). I am trying to eat as less as possible of carbohydrates but I thought that eggs were ok. :-[ I ask myself: what I am going to eat? Apart meat, I mean. And fat.

Hi Loreta, I don't think that eggs are excluded, but rather that some of us seem to react to eggs and therefore it is important to test them. Many members seem to do perfectly fine with eggs though, but then again, in order to know whether you can tolerate them it may be better to exclude them from your diet for a while (between one and two weeks perhaps), and once you reintroduce them be on the watchout for any reactions.

Gertrudes said:
loreta said:
RyanX said:
Laura said:

Hi Loreta, I don't think that eggs are excluded, but rather that some of us seem to react to eggs and therefore it is important to test them. Many members seem to do perfectly fine with eggs though, but then again, in order to know whether you can tolerate them it may be better to exclude them from your diet for a while (between one and two weeks perhaps), and once you reintroduce them be on the watchout for any reactions.

Ok, I understand. In my case I think I react positively with eggs. But I will have to try to cut them and then see how will be my reaction. Thanks for the explanation.

loreta said:
Gertrudes said:
loreta said:
RyanX said:
Laura said:

Ok, I understand. In my case I think I react positively with eggs. But I will have to try to cut them and then see how will be my reaction. Thanks for the explanation.
Eggs are great for my system as well and the ones I get are only 1 carb! :D I usually consume about 2-3 fried eggs per day that are cooked in bacon fat with lots of salt.

This one's simple but really tasty! The best alternative for rice, sweet potatoes!

Sweet Potato Paleo Pancakes

Ingredients:

4 eggs
2 small sweet potatos(about 1 1/2 cups)
½ cup almond butter
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp allspice
½ tsp salt
coconut oil

Instructions:

1. Wash and peel two small sweet potatoes and cut them in to small chunks (1/2″). Boil or steam until tender(this is also a perfect use for leftover baked sweet potatoes).

2. While the sweet potatoes are cooking place into a bowl eggs, almond butter, coconut milk, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. When the sweet potatoes are soft add them to the mixture and combine using either beaters or an immersion blender. You could also put all of the ingerdients in to a conventional blender and combine that way. The batter will appear frothy and thin. If it seems a bit thick add a little water or more coconut milk.

3. Heat your griddle or cast iron skillet to medium heat and add a heaping spoonful of coconut oil. Pour the batter onto the oil once melted. Watch for bubbles to begin forming across the pancake then flip. This usually takes about 2 minutes. Cook a similar amount of time on the other side and remove. Add coconut oil as needed while continuing to cook the rest of the batter. I found that I needed to add new oil to my skillet every three rounds or so.

This recipe makes about 20 small pancakes so plan ahead and make extras to have on hand for meals in the week ahead.

Hope everyone likes it!

Paleo/Keto Diet Recipes

Apologies if this has already been done and I just cannot find it, but I thought I would start a thread where people can post any of their recipes.

I am just starting to get going with the diet now, but due to awkward living arrangements it is proving quite costly at the moment. I would love to know some of the recipes people on the forum are using and hopefully others would too!

Re: Paleo/Keto Diet Recipes

sorry sorry sorry i have found it now please delete this thread i am a foolish foolish three-brained being!

domwatts23 said:
sorry sorry sorry i have found it now please delete this thread i am a foolish foolish three-brained being!

hehe its okay and don't treat yourself that way! i think many members sometimes here make silly mistakes like that! (i have) :)

domwatts23 said:

No worries, I merged your post with the already existing thread on Paleo recipes.

Laura said:

Hi Laura, I am looking through the topics in the forum to know more about paleo diet, because i want to get into it, but there is A LOT of info about it and when I search the web for a recipe most of them include eggs and potatoes. Taking note about what you wrote -exclude inflammatory items such as peppers, potatoes, nuts, eggs, etc.-, how can I know which diet apply?

What i have learn is to avoid carbs and diery, know i know pepper, potatoes, nuts and eggs must be excluded too.

Thanks in advance :)

During different times there were experiments/research with diet in different directions, which still can be found in the forum, Gerardo.

As a rule of thumb (most) recipes from the last few years are keto (latest) or paleo (bit older). You can try these keto recipe collections here and here. Or you can check more recent recipes in the recipes section. But you should also do your research about diet in appropriate threads the forum and the recommended books about health and diet. And you can also search at Sott.net for paleo / keto articles. :)

I hope this helps.

Dirgni said:
During different times there were experiments/research with diet in different directions, which still can be found in the forum, Gerardo.

As a rule of thumb (most) recipes from the last few years are keto (latest) or paleo (bit older). You can try these keto recipe collections here and here. Or you can check more recent recipes in the recipes section. But you should also do your research about diet in appropriate threads the forum and the recommended books about health and diet. And you can also search at Sott.net for paleo / keto articles. :)

I hope this helps.

Thank you por you response Dirgni, I will read the links you provide and meade a proper research.

:)

Back
Top Bottom