Paleo Diet Cookbook

Anyone care to add more for the cookbook? I'm also doing general searches elsewhere on the forum. You're more than welcome to post links where you see fit. Just make sure they follow the guidelines of the diet. :)

truth seeker said:
So just as a reminder, no rice products. The safe cereals/foods are: quinoa, buckwheat, amarynth and wild rice.

I was wondering what is Amarynth? I check in the dictionnary but I did not find an answer. Can someone tell me what it is in French or Spanich? Thank you in advance.

Loreta

loreta said:
truth seeker said:
So just as a reminder, no rice products. The safe cereals/foods are: quinoa, buckwheat, amarynth and wild rice.

I was wondering what is Amarynth? I check in the dictionnary but I did not find an answer. Can someone tell me what it is in French or Spanich? Thank you in advance.

Loreta
Hi loreta,

The usual spelling is amaranth. :)

Vulcan59 said:
loreta said:
truth seeker said:

Loreta
Hi loreta,

The usual spelling is amaranth. :)

And in French, it is "amarante".

This is a meat loaf recipe that I have been making with ground beef. It's pretty good.

Mix together:

2 lb ground beef
1 cup almond flour
1 cup tomato sauce
2 organic eggs
1.5 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Put in a bread loaf pan and bake in the oven at 250 degrees F, for 2 hours.

Chicharron - Fried Pork

2 kilos of Pork meat, in medium cuts with the fat, you can use shoulder, ribs, whatever you like, I prefer meat with bone, because it has a lot more flavor.

Big steel Pot, make sure is heavy duty !

Filtered water

Verbena dried leafs, 2-3 branches

Oregan, a little

So this recipe is famous here in Peru, "Chicharron" is a meat that has been eaten as breakfast for YEARS!! With fried sweet potatoes and fresh onions with lemon.
It's really easy to make, all you need to do is put the pork in the pot, cover it with water and ad the herbs. You need the water level to be above the pork, like 4 fingers.
Now all you need is time, let the pork cook and boil for 3 hours, until all the water has evaporated. So you'll have the meat frying on it's own fat, leave it there until is crispy enough for your taste.
And there you have it! Yummy yummy pork meat!

EDU

rylek said:
EGVG said:
:D Paleo Fruit Sorbet

1 cups of frozen strawberries
1 Frozen Mango
1/2 cups of Goji Berries

Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix well, the put in a glass recipient and put some pressure (for any extra air bubble in the mix to go) on top and freeze for 3 hours, I've also tried pineapple, Lucuma and Watermelon, but honestly the results where not so good, with strawberries and mango you get a delicious soft sorbet.

EDU

I've been re-reading this thread and noticed the goji berries. They are nightshades so careful with them.

Here's more http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=19192.msg185288#msg185288

OMG!!! Well I guess you could use a couple table spoons of agave syrup, or just have it with out any extra sweetener. Thanks for the links!!! My body does not tolerate well nighshades.

EGVG said:
OMG!!! Well I guess you could use a couple table spoons of agave syrup, or just have it with out any extra sweetener. Thanks for the links!!! My body does not tolerate well nighshades.

Agave may be worse then high fructose corn syrup-
_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/agave-this-sweetener-is-f_b_537936.html

Rhiannon said:
EGVG said:

Agave may be worse then high fructose corn syrup-
_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/agave-this-sweetener-is-f_b_537936.html

:scared: :O :huh: Thanks for the link!!! mmmm Maybe Xylitol???

EVGV
So this recipe is famous here in Peru, "Chicharron" is a meat that has been eaten as breakfast for YEARS!! With fried sweet potatoes and fresh onions with lemon.
It's really easy to make, all you need to do is put the pork in the pot, cover it with water and ad the herbs. You need the water level to be above the pork, like 4 fingers.
Now all you need is time, let the pork cook and boil for 3 hours, until all the water has evaporated. So you'll have the meat frying on it's own fat, leave it there until is crispy enough for your taste.

I have been making another version of "Chicaronnes" but yours sounds easier. Tell me, how crispy does it get?
I have been boiling the pork belly fat in water with salt and lemon for awhile, then I take it out and deep fry it in lots of bacon lard in a deep iron pot on pretty high heat til its very crispy. It is yummy!

I like the idea of adding the herbs you mentioned. I'll try it the way you do it and let you know. :cool2:

SolarMother said:
EVGV

I have been making another version of "Chicaronnes" but yours sounds easier. Tell me, how crispy does it get?
I have been boiling the pork belly fat in water with salt and lemon for awhile, then I take it out and deep fry it in lots of bacon lard in a deep iron pot on pretty high heat til its very crispy. It is yummy!

I like the idea of adding the herbs you mentioned. I'll try it the way you do it and let you know. :cool2:

It's super easy!! All you need is time and a hungry crowd :) I make a lot of chicharron, and I store it in the fridge and take out some when I feel like eating pork, it makes a super nutritious breakfast, I eat it with fried jams.
MMM it's not as crispy as tempura, but for pork is crispy enough. Let me know if you liked it!!! Your method sounds delicious!!
Verbena is really good in concealing the strong pork smell, and also has Melatonin, so I like using it very much.

I bet you cook it outside in a big pot, right? That would be my first choice!
Although it is winter-time for you, so maybe it doesn't matter as much, but here it's very hot! Unfortunately, we don't have a way to cook chicarrones outside right now, so I am going to have to hold off trying out your method until we get some relief from the heat!! :cool:

SolarMother said:
I bet you cook it outside in a big pot, right? That would be my first choice!
Although it is winter-time for you, so maybe it doesn't matter as much, but here it's very hot! Unfortunately, we don't have a way to cook chicarrones outside right now, so I am going to have to hold off trying out your method until we get some relief from the heat!! :cool:

No, I cook it inside! But I open all the windows. Yeah here it's winter and the heat is more than welcome, but my mom doesn't like the smell of pork so she has to got out of the kitchen while I'm cooking LOL

Sunday it's my birthday and I'm having Chicharrones at brunch with family, but I don't have time to make it myself, so I've order some from a very good "Chicharroneria" :)

Back
Top Bottom