PARTIES

nature said:
"I don't agree: not all the parties have dark side. You can have examples of traditional danses in Russia, in Africa, in Asia, in India with plenty of colors and beautifull women in decorative dresses though not in bikini sorry, and... lots of joy!"

Do not explain me well, I wanted to say all the carnival parties have their dark side.

Those brawny bikini danzers me finds to masculine 💪 - so this way of presenting "beautiful" containers smells of some hidden agenda - maybe to conceal some really spiritual potential of group dancing/chanting for possible STO FRV accomplishments. There is a particularly curious Kacak a kind of gavotte, from Bali island that i saw years ago in "Baraka" movie - that could have some remnants of mass performance with some more spiritual (STO?) way:

Mesdames et messieurs - La balle de la Balli 🎬

✅

Last edited:
One of the reasons why I tend to stay away from large, noisy crowds is because of the extreme emotional valence of the situation which tends to be totally uncalled for. Do you really need to be so loud, boisterous and uninhibited to celebrate something, not to mention the amount of resources that goes into the preparation and execution of such an event. It seems to me an all out waste of energy at all levels. I watched the first video and I could appreciate the amount of effort that went into building those floats, some of them were quite beautiful works of art, but again - they are probably going to be used only for that one event and then stored away, probably perished by the time the celebration comes around the next year.

Caballero reyes, I don't know man, it just doesn't seem like something I would advocate for. Our time here is really too short for so much extravagance - I think it's incumbent on us to learn how to utilize what we have on the level of consciousness and strive to expand it to the best of our ability.

So it seems, because the carnival party I've always liked, I like the atmosphere of joy and its visual richness especially in this, but I'm aware that all the parties, although they excite you have their dark side. But that's life.

Ok, so all you had to do is share this on facebook or somewhere else, and just say you like it. Not post it here as if it had any special value for this forum.

I totally agree with what others have been saying about the Brazilian carnival being a Dionysian show that has nothing to do with what you're saying it is, caballero reyes. I know that many Brazilians don't like the carnival parades because of that; they have become a celebration of fake bodies, of getting drunk and crazy. And maybe that's always been its nature, I don't know.

I remember it being very similar when I was a child. I think there are other carnival traditions in Brazil where people don't go on parade half-naked, but actually enjoy some music and dance, but I think that overall, the nature of this celebration is to drink and lose oneself to the party. There is also huge competition to be part of the most important parades, especially in Rio, and there is a lot of focus on the body appearance during the selection.

All in all, I don't see anything spiritual about it.

The carnival doesn't seem to be doing anything for the soaring murder rate in Brazil.

Millions of revellers take to the streets for the world-famous Rio carnival - as cops clash with drug users

MILLIONS of revellers have taken to the streets of Rio de Janeiro to mark the start of Rio Carnival 2017 as police are also pictured clashing with drug users in Sao Paulo.

The "LED is My Light" party kicked off the annual festival in typically Samba style yesterday.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2946035/rio-carnival-2017-pictures-sao-paulo-police-clashes/#
The country shuts down during the event, which runs until Thursday, streets empty and most businesses prepare to close.

However, there were contrasting scenes in Sao Paulo as military tactical police officers advanced on suspected drug users in the region known as "Cracolandia" - a notorious "crackland" district.

One girl was pictured crying after inhaling tear gas fired by the police.

Bystanders also helped press photographer Dario Oliveira, who was wounded during the clash.

A spokesperson for the Foreign Office said: "Levels of crime and violence are high, particularly in major cities. You should be particularly vigilant before and during the festive and Carnival periods. Bank card fraud is common.

"Crime levels are high. Violence and crime can occur anywhere and often involve firearms or other weapons."
In the run-up to the carnival, some 9,000 soldiers and marines were deployed on Rio's streets, the camouflaged, rifle-toting men standing out amid the bathers of Copacabana and other popular sites.

Four Women Murdered Every Day in Brazil in 2019 | The Rio Times
Four Women Murdered Every Day in Brazil in 2019

https://centerforblackequity.org/brazil-as-world-lgbt-murder-capital-and-rios-place-in-the-data/
Brazil as world LGBT murder capital and Rio’s place in the data

Excerpts from "The party" according to Octavio Paz, poet.

"Everything is an opportunity to meet, any pretext is good to interrupt the march of time and celebrate with celebrations and ceremonies men and events with their violent colors, sour and pure and their dances, ceremonies, fireworks, unusual costumes and the inexhaustible cascade of surprises ... time suspends his career, makes a stop and instead of pushing us towards a tomorrow always unattainable and liar, offers us a round and perfect present, dance and revelry ... Time ceases to be succession and it returns to be what it was, and is, originally: a present in which past and future are finally reconciled.

The party of the glorification of the human body.
Re-readng this quote, I don't think it emphasises 'living in the present' - especially in a Work sense - so much as it suggests an escape from reality. In that sense, it is related to the video of the carnival with all it's lights, colours and dancing. There is nothing wrong with going to enjoy a festival and seeing the show that they put on, but let's call a spade a spade here and not mix a celebration of the material and physical form to any kind of spiritual ideas. To me, being in the present means to be focused and self-aware in a moment, which you can do at any time, though I think it would be more difficult with all the lights and pizzaz of a carnival. If I were somewhere like in the video, I imagine it would be like the quote you posted suggests, you are taken away from 'real life' and into a fantasy.

Parties and celebrations are part of the people in all countries, and it is always convenient to remember that moods modify our frequencies.

Moods modify frequency, but so does believing a lie. I'd suggest to be careful not to identify so strongly. Imagine someone who does believe that the dancing and festivities are celebrations of the soul - it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for that person to then think that behaviour like we see at carnival is 'ok' because it's celebrating life right? Like the feminists would say, the women are empowered and celebrating their body so why not writhe around in underwear and feathers? An abundance of alcohol is celebrating plenty so why not drink to excess? I'm using extreme examples to make a point here, but can you see why not seeing something for what it really is can lead to errors of thinking?

The carnival party is like the carnival of life, Turgon.

If by that you mean a constant effort to distract oneself from reality then I would say for the most part, you are spot on.

No, Oxajil, I'm not being sarcastic IN ANY WAY.

I thought I was clear enough with the explanation given.

Well, no not really. If you want to make a point then it's helpful to explain what you are posting, why, and how the things relate to each other and to the theme of the forum. "I enjoy the carnival because.... here is a video showing what I enjoy about it.... I think that this relates to the Work because.... Here is a quote I feel is relevant because it describes....". That helps us to see more clearly what it is that you wish to share with us.

"... Inscribed in the orbit of the sacred, the feast is first and foremost the advent of the unusual, it is governed by special, exclusive rules that isolate and make it a day of exception, and with them a logic, a moral , and even an economy that often contradict those of every day.
Everything happens in an enchanted world: time is another time (located in a mythical past or in a pure present), the space in which it is verified changes its appearance, it detaches itself from the rest of the earth, decorates itself and becomes a "party place" (in general, special or unfrequented places are chosen), the characters that intervene abandon their human or social trait and become alive, although
ephemeral , representations, and everything happens as if it were not true, as in dreams, whatever happens, our actions have greater lightness, a different severity: they assume different meanings and we contract with them singular responsibilities.
We lighten our burden of time and reason." (Google Translation)

This definitely describes illusion to me - far from being present.

What I'm seeing is that this thread NOW is getting more confusing.
I was confused from the start. Posting a quote without much explanation, writing about "glorifying the human body", then sharing a video where the thumbnail is an almost naked woman is very confusing.

lainey said:

"... Caballero reyes, I don't think you need to proclaim that we don't know what we are talking about in capital letters, I find that a bit strange".

you're right lainey, it's shocking to see those letters that stand out but my computer has difficulty putting the sentences in bold.
I probably didn't explain myself very well, whether it was in all caps or bold, I think that what you were saying came across as a bit rude. I couldn't imagine coming along to the forum, creating a thread expressing my opinion, then when other members gently offer other points of view contrary to my belief then going on to say "well you must be ignorant of the truth or you have forgotten" instead of questioning whether I was indeed correct or not - that is what I found strange.

Chu said:
"Ok, so all you had to do is share this on facebook or somewhere else, and just say you like it. Not post it here as if it had any special value for this forum".

In the various comments have been used words that suggest something that is far from being in my mind and the original intention to make this thread, words that suggest perversion, corruption, lack of consciousness, such as "decadent", Suggest "fetishism "," gay people ", for the simple fact of expressing that I like the carnival party, but that is far from my original intention to have suggested to agree with some perversity that of course could bother in a forum like this.

I ask, please, do not interpret it in the wrong way.

I am sorry for not having contributed in any way to the forum with the development of this thread, but it was worth it because I found the opinions of the participants more interesting than my own opinions.

Well. I stop putting comments related to this carnival issue.

Well this is kind of from left field, but I've always felt a sort of "magnetic repulsion" to these sorts of events. The pictures of Carnival on TV just gives me a weird vibe...like if I died and found myself in a lower level of Purgatory, a couple of steps above hell, these ostentatious, garish, and somewhat bizarre displays are like the types of spirits you would find there. It's not like it exudes evil, it's just quite...funky. Mardi Gras is kind of a big thing too and it gives me the same weird vibe, like something whispering in my ear, "you don't belong there." I don't have the same aversion to concerts, even though I've never been to one and they have a lot of the same types of activities going on under the hood, (sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll) but these carnival-type parties are just...weird.

I have always thought of carnivals, parties or any large gathering of people, as places that give me a distinct feeling of extreme discomfort. I just know that I do not belong there. To me, they are the gathering of types of people that are, to put it bluntly nothing but 'sheeple'. The very vibe of self indulgent, pleasure seeking masses of people makes me feel sick - literally.

This thread is quite interesting. When the colonizers came to this hemisphere they found the people scantily clothed. that has to with their culture & had little to do with "sexualization" or glorification of the human body. As a person of Afro-Caribbean origin, we went around half naked because of our tropical environment, but we weren't the only ones. Many ideas & social constructs have been forced on us & coerced us into "structured" concepts shaped by the conquering forces.

[Adapted from a translation by Susan Tarrow of the Cellere Codex, in Lawrence C. Wroth, ed., The Voyages of Giovanni da Verrazzano, 1524-1528 (Yale, 1970), pp. 133-143]

"They go completely naked except that around their loins they wear skins of small animals like martens, with a narrow belt of grass around the body, to which they tie various tails of other animals which hang down to the knees; the rest of the body is bare, and so is the head. Some of them wear garlands of birds’ feathers. They are dark in color, not unlike the Ethiopians, with thick black hair, not very long, tied back behind the head like a small tail."

2948629484 29482 29485

Attachments

• 1553245722260.png
    1553245722260.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom