Photography? Anyone?

iscreamsandwish

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Just wondering if anyone is a photographer, likes or does photography as a hobby. I did search a few pages on here, but only saw a few members posting a picture here and there.

Anyways I thought it would be interesting to see what people on the forum are working on, so please share your work :D

I need to upload my latest pictures and re-organize though

https://www.flickr.com/photos/72069702@N04/sets/

Hello!
I do photography on and off.
I have a bunch of shots from all sorts of things on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/devar/

987baz said:
yes, I'm a photographer/filmmaker http://kundabuffer.com.au/ or https://www.facebook.com/KundabufferPhotographyMultimedi

I like your high key series, nice work!

Not a photographer, but I really like your website portfolio! Great work!

Here's one old flickr account I have. I used to make a lot of photos. I think I'll update it soon to put more.
Enjoy!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/edgitarra/with/5804581994/

Some nice work above :)

I don't have a photo account, so just posting a shot from last week that resulted in capturing an interesting prism affect. There were no filters, so am assuming there was mist coming off the creek. Lens was 18mm

Edit: I see it's sideways, and it is not that way in my file, so not sure how to correct. :huh:

Attachments

• Prism .jpg
    Prism .jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 117
I like photography and have a nikon d7100. Mainly its just pics of clients dogs I walk but when I free and get the time (which is not often) I like to travel to scenic places (where I can walk with just my own dog) especially if their is ancient standing stones and the like.

10701933_871833846169226_4919753517549924038_n.jpg

mugatea said:
I like photography and have a nikon d7100. Mainly its just pics of clients dogs I walk but when I free and get the time (which is not often) I like to travel to scenic places (where I can walk with just my own dog) especially if their is ancient standing stones and the like.

Photo = :love: those doggies, they are having such fun!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: Ca.
Carmel: How Ansel Adam and Edward Weston saw it
June 1, 2018
1024x1024.jpg

Image 3 of 6 Photography books are on display in the front window of the Photography West Gallery in Carmel.

No art form has been more radically upended by the digital revolution than photography. The way photography was done for generations — film, darkrooms — was rendered obsolete so quickly by digital technology that it appeared to be on the fast track to extinction, to take its place beside the telegraph and the wax cylinder.

But in recent years, darkroom photography has experienced a mini rebound, at least in the realm of fine-art photography. So says Brian Taylor, the director of the Center for Photographic Art in Carmel.

If Carmel is a holy site for enthusiasts of fine-art photography, then Taylor is one of its high priests. A longtime photography professor at San Jose State University, Taylor now presides over a gallery that shares its DNA with Group f/64, an association of fine art photographers based in San Francisco who, in the 1920s, established a bold new aesthetic that still dominates the art form almost a century later.

But in recent years, darkroom photography has experienced a mini rebound, at least in the realm of fine-art photography. So says Brian Taylor, the director of the Center for Photographic Art in Carmel.

If Carmel is a holy site for enthusiasts of fine-art photography, then Taylor is one of its high priests. A longtime photography professor at San Jose State University, Taylor now presides over a gallery that shares its DNA with Group f/64, an association of fine art photographers based in San Francisco who, in the 1920s, established a bold new aesthetic that still dominates the art form almost a century later.

“Their belief was the only good photograph is a razor-sharp photograph, magnificently printed in glorious black-and-white,” Taylor says. “Up to that point, photographers were trying to make photographs look like paintings. They changed all that.”

Perhaps the two most celebrated names from Group f/64 are Edward Weston and Ansel Adams, both of whom discovered the natural beauty of Carmel in mid-life and both of whom spent the rest of their lives there. Weston was first seduced by the aesthetic possibilities he found in the kelp, shells and trees of Point Lobos. But his connection with Carmel was sealed when he met local girl Charis Wilson who because his muse, model and wife. Adams, who visited Weston in Carmel often, didn’t settle in the area until the early 1960s after Weston had died.

Today, those names still hang in the cool coastal air of Carmel, and professional and amateur photographers from all over the world come to this tony coastal village to bathe in the Weston/Adams mystique. “That legacy does bring people to this town,” Taylor says. Many of those photography pilgrims, he said, are younger people who come to the old-school approach looking for a more conscious and tactile process than digital provides.

In an era when everyone carries a digital camera in their pocket, “some young photographers,” Taylor says, “are turning away from digital and going analog, because very few people are following them down that road.”

The following are a few highlights of Brian Taylor’s walking tour of Carmel for those in search of the ghosts of Adams and Weston.

Also on Jul 6, 2017 By Daniel Wanschura

Former assistant offers candid portrait of Ansel Adams
ansel_adams_and_alan_ross_by_daniel_peebles_orig.jpg

Alan Ross worked with Ansel Adams for about 10 years. Like Ansel, he’s known for his striking black and white photography.

Alan says a lot of people know about Ansel – the photographer – but fewer know him as a person.
4a3d91f2783643609a64ac3cc60b954d.png

Link for sound bite
"Ansel never really lost the ability to laugh at himself," he says. "He knew he was a fairly well-known figure, but it never went to his head."

Before photography, Ansel Adams was interested in becoming a pianist. When photography became his obsession, he continued to use his musical technique in the way he made images.

"It was the same sort of discipline." Ross explains. "A good musician practices ... and testing film and other aspects of photography was no different."

Alan Ross gives a lecture on the life of Ansel Adams, July 13, at Crooked Tree Arts Center in Petoskey. The lecture coincides with the “Ansel Adams: Masterworks” exhibit. It includes 48 of some of his most iconic images. For more information click here.

Last edited:
I recently bought a house and have been gong through my photography collection to see what I will put on my walls...came across a few pics from my trip to Myanmar which I quite like. I got the Pana printed on canvas which turned out really nice! The other 2 pics I will priint and get framed.

Attachments

• Burma_lr-1.jpg
    Burma_lr-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • Burma_lr-2.jpg
    Burma_lr-2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • Burma_lr-3.jpg
    Burma_lr-3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom