Photography? Anyone?

Moose in yard

This moose is sampling the trees in my yard. You can see there's not much snow on the ground. There was two - the other surprised me as I walked around the house!

View attachment 42548
Only once in my life

I encountered only once Moose close and for the first time - at the Stockholm Skansen Zoo back in 2008.

What astonished me immediately - was the sense of dignity the Moose was radiating, in that very calm and beautiful way.

Somehow, I do not fully know why, around that time and ever since, i seem increasingly to be able to sense more of the nature of each animal.

It’s fascinating (and as of lately i have been thinking a lot of that). Like a blind spot - starting coming to life... i notice it with birds, cats, with my husbands dog Tekki (a whole spectrum in her language )

It is... well, it is like a door opening to a for me unknown world (and yet also familiar).

Puzzling.

Only once in my life

I encountered only once Moose close and for the first time - at the Stockholm Skansen Zoo back in 2008.
Several years ago, a mama moose gave birth to two calves in the yard, and I wondered if it was them.
As calves, they were very playful like pups daring you to chase them. Of course, the mother is watching, and the hairs on her back standing straight up. That is a warning to stay back!
But in any other situation, they are very gentle - not afraid of being around humans as long as you don't get too close.
Long ago, my dad offered one a apple, and the moose knelt down to eat it out of his hand.

Turnagain Arm Sheep

I got this sheep from the comfort of my car. He is on a rocky cliff overlooking the highway. It was Feb. 2000, cold and windy, and the best resolution was 640x480 on my camera, so I enlarged it. On the original, you can just barely see his yellow eyes.

Sheep are a common sight along the Seward Highway, but ones with a majestic set of horns - not so much!

ta_sheep_en.jpg

I like to film and edit video.. here’s a standing rainbow I saw in a rocky waterfall canyon last weekend:

Rainbow Falls

The variable water mist spray shows the full light spectrum over time, along with a fainter double rainbow arch overtop.. I explore both of these with various closeup and zoom shots throughout the video.

I like to film and edit video.. here’s a standing rainbow I saw in a rocky waterfall canyon last weekend:

Rainbow Falls

The variable water mist spray shows the full light spectrum over time, along with a fainter double rainbow arch overtop.. I explore both of these with various closeup and zoom shots throughout the video.
It is really nice. I feel right in the middle and want to dance! 😍

This came to my attention in March and blends 2D and 3D: photo scanning or Photogrammetry.

You just need a cell phone and overcast skies / indirect lighting and you take a bunch of pictures at many angles in RAW format. Then you import them in a free program called Meshroom and it creates a 3D image which you can use in Blender or whatever 3D program you use. People upload their creations to the site Sketchfab too.

It's pretty cool. And seems like a quick way to create dioramas or sculptures of nature or still objects. Other than that, it's more of a resource if you're a 3D artist because you're basically creating 3D assets for games, movies, or whatever. I suppose you could even 3D print the objects and then paint them.

This came to my attention in March and blends 2D and 3D: photo scanning or Photogrammetry.

You just need a cell phone and overcast skies / indirect lighting and you take a bunch of pictures at many angles in RAW format. Then you import them in a free program called Meshroom and it creates a 3D image which you can use in Blender or whatever 3D program you use. People upload their creations to the site Sketchfab too.

It's pretty cool. And seems like a quick way to create dioramas or sculptures of nature or still objects. Other than that, it's more of a resource if you're a 3D artist because you're basically creating 3D assets for games, movies, or whatever. I suppose you could even 3D print the objects and then paint them.

I’ve been playing around with Blender lately, this is a very interesting idea for making 3D models of natural objects!

Greetings,

Hey, is it possible to network in some way and help us with what we do? in this case make stock photography, create useful resources for graphic design or photography for montages and generic material for digital marketing, etc.

Back
Top Bottom