Photos and videos of our amazing 2D residents

Going to the Zoo

I want to show you a couple images of animals at the Stockholm "Zoo" called Skansen. I visited the zoo only few times (once a decade), but when I did, it was a delight to take photos of the animals. The images are from Oct 2008. Next time it would be the Berlin Zoo in 2007 an
Oh, thank you so much for these amazing photos! It seems to me that I would not have seen them live, as you showed them to me through the images! :perfect: Impressive !!

Armadillos are armored and can roll in their sphere making them hardened and inaccessible to any predator.

Armadillo is a Spanish word meaning “little armored one” and refers to the bony plates that cover the back, head, legs, and tail of most of these odd looking creatures. Armadillos are the only living mammals that wear such shells.

10 States Where Rare and Exotic Diseases Lurk.png March of the Armadillo The odd little armored animal that's settling into St_ Louis.jpg

Armadillo rolling into a ball.

These penguins :love:

“The lighter penguin is an elderly female whose partner died this year. The darker one is a younger male who lost his partner two years ago. Biologists have followed them as they meet every night to comfort each other. They stand for hours together watching the lights. Photographer Tobias Baumgaertner captured this image of two widowed fairy penguins looking over the Melbourne skyline. It has won an award in Oceanographic magazine’s Ocean Photography Awards 2020.”

pen.jpgpen1.jpgpen3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom