Pomegranate for Heart Health and more - Clears Clogged arteries!

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I read an article the other day that said drinking pomegranate juice can clear clogged arteries. That started me looking for confirmation of that. The following is what I found, and it appears to be true!

Effects of consumption of pomegranate juice on carotid intima-media thickness in men and women at moderate risk for coronary heart disease. - PubMed - NCBI

The effects of pomegranate juice consumption on blood pressure and cardiovascular health. - PubMed - NCBI

https://www.clinicalnutritionjournal.com/article/S0261-5614(03)00213-9/abstract

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16626982

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5977444/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC555721/

And there's more, it seems.

1. Antioxidants

Pomegranates have been eaten throughout history for their health benefits. Nowadays, the juice of this fruit is a popular part of healthy diets.
Pomegranate seeds get their vibrant red hue from polyphenols. These chemicals are powerful antioxidants.

Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most other fruit juices. It also has three times more antioxidants than red wine and green tea. The antioxidants in pomegranate juice can help remove free radicals, protect cells from damage, and reduce inflammation.

2. Vitamin C
The juice of a single pomegranate has more than 40 percent of your daily requirement of vitamin C. Vitamin C can be broken down when pasteurized, so opt for homemade or fresh pomegranate juice to get the most of the nutrient.

3. Cancer prevention
Pomegranate juice recently made a splash when researchers found that it may help stop the growth of prostate cancer cells. Despite multiple studies on the effects of the juice on prostate cancer, results are still preliminary.

While there haven't been long-term studies with humans that prove that pomegranate juice prevents cancer or reduces the risk, adding it to your diet certainly can't hurt. There have been encouraging results in studies so far, and bigger studies are now being done.

4. Alzheimer's disease protection
The antioxidants in the juice and their high concentration are believed to stall the progress of Alzheimer disease and protect memory.

5. Digestion
Pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation in the gut and improve digestion. It may be beneficial for people with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and other inflammatory bowel diseases.

While there are conflicting beliefs and research on whether pomegranate juice helps or worsens diarrhea, most doctors recommend avoiding it until you are feeling better and your symptoms have subsided.

6. Anti-inflammatory
Pomegranate juice is a powerful anti-inflammatory because of its high concentration of antioxidants. It can help reduce inflammation throughout the body and prevent oxidative stress and damage.

7. Arthritis
Flavonols in pomegranate juice may help block the inflammation that contributes to osteoarthritis and cartilage damage. The juice is currently being studied for its potential effects on osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other types of arthritis and joint inflammation.

8. Heart disease
Pomegranate juice is in the running as the most heart-healthy juice. It appears to protect the heart and arteries.

Small studies have shown that the juice improves blood flow and keeps the arteries from becoming stiff and thick. It may also slow the growth of plaque and buildup of cholesterol in the arteries. But pomegranate may react negatively with blood pressure and cholesterol medications like statins.

Be sure to talk with your doctor before indulging in the juice or taking a pomegranate extract supplement.

9. Blood pressure
Drinking pomegranate juice daily may also help lower systolic blood pressure. A comprehensive review of randomized controlled trials stated that it would be beneficial for heart health to include pomegranate juice daily.

10. Antiviral
Between the vitamin C and other immune-boosting nutrients like vitamin E, pomegranate juice can prevent illness and fight off infection. Pomegranates have also been shown to be antibacterial and antiviral in lab tests. They are being studied for their effects on common infections and viruses.

11. Vitamin-rich
In addition to vitamin C and vitamin E, pomegranate juice is a good source of folate, potassium, and vitamin K.

Whether you decide to add pomegranate to your daily diet or just sip on it every now and then, check the label to ensure that it is 100 percent pure pomegranate juice, without added sugar. Or, juice it fresh.

12. Memory
Drinking 8 ounces of pomegranate juice a daily may improve learning and memory, according to a recent study.

13. Sexual performance and fertility
Pomegranate juice's concentration of antioxidants and ability to impact oxidative stress make it a potential fertility aid. Oxidative stress has been shown to cause sperm dysfunction and decrease fertility in women.

The juice has also been shown to help reduce oxidative stress in the placenta. But researchers don't yet know the exact benefits this may provide. Drinking pomegranate juice can also increase testosterone levels in men and women, one of the main hormones behind sex drive.

14. Endurance and sports performance
Move over, tart cherry and beet juice. Pomegranate juice may be the new sport performance enhancer. The juice may help reduce soreness and improve strength recovery. It also decreases oxidative damage caused by exercise.

15. Diabetes
Pomegranate was traditionally used as a remedy for diabetes in the Middle East and India. While much is still unknown about the effects of pomegranate on diabetes, it may help decrease insulin resistance and lower blood sugar.

See also: Most Juice Is Bad for You ... Except This One!

Laura, this is correct! I have been using Pomegranite juice for many years, put an ounce or two in a large glass of soda water (make it with filtered water at home). I have several large glasses a day, very refreshing. Also use it to take my ionic potassium and magnesium in a shot glass. That potion is too strong by itself. I take the potassium once weekly due to taking a small dose of blood pressure med. The Juice is wonderful tasting as well!

Laura, this is correct! I have been using Pomegranite juice for many years, put an ounce or two in a large glass of soda water (make it with filtered water at home). I have several large glasses a day, very refreshing. Also use it to take my ionic potassium and magnesium in a shot glass. That potion is too strong by itself. I take the potassium once weekly due to taking a small dose of blood pressure med. The Juice is wonderful tasting as well!

Read the studies I linked. Might be possible for you to get better blood pressure drinking more Pomegranate juice, more concentrated or something. Right now, I'm looking at pomegranate juice, elderberry juice and grapeseed extract as being a nice combination.

From what I read, you have to take something like 8 ounces a day of pomegranate juice for a year to unblock arteries by about 35%. That's pretty significant. And as far as I saw, they only ran the test for the one year so maybe drinking it for two years would unblock even more?

Danke dir
u. Und alles Gute zum Geburtstag.

Hi Stern, I know English isn't your first language, but since it is an English forum it would be great if you could translate your postings. As suggested you could always use www.deepl.com for example, which is a great tool for such tasks ;-) . You could also always post in German too, but you should then provide a translation (like my example here).

Like this:

Hallo Stern, ich weiß, dass Englisch nicht deine Muttersprache ist, aber es handelt sich hier um ein englisches Forum und es wäre hilfreich, wenn du deine Postings mit übersetzt. Wie vorgeschlagen kannst du dazu www.deepl.com benutzen, was ein großartiges Werkzeug für solche Aufgaben ist ;-). Du kannst auch immer auf Deutsch posten, solltest aber eine englische Übersetzung mit zur Verfügung stellen (so wie mein Beispiel hier).

Read the studies I linked. Might be possible for you to get better blood pressure drinking more Pomegranate juice, more concentrated or something. Right now, I'm looking at pomegranate juice, elderberry juice and grapeseed extract as being a nice combination.

From what I read, you have to take something like 8 ounces a day of pomegranate juice for a year to unblock arteries by about 35%. That's pretty significant. And as far as I saw, they only ran the test for the one year so maybe drinking it for two years would unblock even more?

Thank you for your reply Laura. It would appear that 8 ounces is the magic number to affect any real blood pressure reduction. I have been drinking 4-6 ounces almost every day. Going to up that to 8+ ounces a day and will report back with any notable results. My BP has been going down and took a significant drop about two years ago when I ceased any consumption of alcohol. It appears that alcohol is no good for BP. Cost is certainly not an issue as Pure Pomegranite juice (Bolthouse Farms) is US $8.50 for a 52 ounce bottle, a little less than a weeks worth. Appreciate the feedback, going to start now!

In regards to the vascular health and hypertension you might want to consider using French maritime pine bark extract. It is not expensive, requires no prescription and is shown to clear arteries in mere 9-12 months. It does lower blood pressure, my mother after taking it for 9 months stopped using hypertensive drugs and went down from 180/120 to 130/80 or so.

Here is an article about it: Pharmaceutical and nutraceutical effects of Pinus pinaster bark extract

Plenty of studies on the pine bark extract around. Seems it is good for a lot of things.

This is interesting info in PDF:

PRIMARY USE
Cardiovascular Health:
Although there are many uses for Pycnogenol, the most extensively studied use is for cardiovascular health.
Regarding improvement of endothelial function and chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), 7 controlled clinical trials have been published
that demonstrate symptomatic improvement of blood circulation, blood pressure (BP) normalization, platelet function normalization, and venous insufficiency. In addition, 5 clinical trials have demonstrated the efficacy of Pycnogenol for hypertension and its
complications. One study looked at the benefits of Pycnogenol on coronary artery disease and showed that the preparation improved
endothelial function. All of these studies have shown a benefit, but studies with larger numbers of participants are needed to further
substantiate these findings.

Hope it helps.

In regards to the vascular health and hypertension you might want to consider using French maritime pine bark extract. It is not expensive, requires no prescription and is shown to clear arteries in mere 9-12 months. It does lower blood pressure, my mother after taking it for 9 months stopped using hypertensive drugs and went down from 180/120 to 130/80 or so.

You could start a separate thread about Pycnogenol if there is not one already. This thread is about Pomegranate Juice and it's ability to clear blocked arteries which is, apparently, demonstrated in scientific studies.

You could start a separate thread about Pycnogenol if there is not one already. This thread is about Pomegranate Juice and it's ability to clear blocked arteries which is, apparently, demonstrated in scientific studies.

I have started a thread about it last year here:

Sorry if my post was misplaced.

[QUOTE = "Gawan, Post: 836663, Mitglied: 2740"]
Hallo Stern, ich weiß, dass Englisch nicht Ihre Muttersprache ist, aber da es sich um ein englisches Forum gehört, wenn es Ihre, wenn Sie Ihre Beiträge übersetzen. Wie Sie, können Sie, wenn Sie immer www.deepl.com verwenden , war ein persönliches Werkzeug für Arbeitsaufgaben ist ;-);; . Sie können auch immer auf Deutsch posten, aber Sie haben dann eine Übersetzung (wie in meinem Beispiel hier).

So war:

Hallo Stern, ich weiß, dass Englisch nicht deine Muttersprache ist, aber es handelt sich hier um ein englisches Forum und es ist wichtig, wenn du deine Postings mit dir. Wie gehört Kannst Du dazu www.deepl.com gehören, Krieg ein Großartiges Werkzeug für Arbeitsaufgaben ist ;-);; Du kannst auch immer auf Deutsch posten, gehört aber eine englische Übersetzung mit zur Verfügung stellen (so wie mein Beispiel hier).
[/ ZITAT 🤣 Ich habe es auf Englisch geschrieben und Google Chrome hat eine Übersetzung ins Deutsche selbst gemacht. Es tut mir leid. Ich weiß und ich wollte auf Englisch schreiben .... so ein tolles Forum
.I wrote it in English and Google Chrome did a translation into German myself. I'm so sorry. I know and I wanted to write in English ... such a great forum

Hallo Guwan, I especially replied in English. Sorry. It is my Google Chrome translator, doing this itselfs. Such a great Forum
Love it.

I had stopped eating all fruit and driking juices given their sugar content. Will give pomegranate a go now.

Thank you for your reply Laura. It would appear that 8 ounces is the magic number to affect any real blood pressure reduction. I have been drinking 4-6 ounces almost every day. Going to up that to 8+ ounces a day and will report back with any notable results. My BP has been going down and took a significant drop about two years ago when I ceased any consumption of alcohol. It appears that alcohol is no good for BP. Cost is certainly not an issue as Pure Pomegranite juice (Bolthouse Farms) is US $8.50 for a 52 ounce bottle, a little less than a weeks worth. Appreciate the feedback, going to start now!
I am surprised how cheap Pomegranate Juice seems to be in the US! Is there anything similar for Europe, or Germany for that matter? Pomegranate Juice, even diluted ones, are exceedingly expensive here! And so are the fruits.

I am surprised how cheap Pomegranate Juice seems to be in the US! Is there anything similar for Europe, or Germany for that matter? Pomegranate Juice, even diluted ones, are exceedingly expensive here! And so are the fruits.

The cheapest I've found in France was 4.37€ for 1L, at my organic store. They also sell this particular brand online for 4.87€/L:
For Germany, check this (5€/L): 2 x 5 Liter Bio Granatapfel Direktsaft (Muttersaft), naturtrüb und ungefiltert, Bio Granatapfelsaft in der Box: Amazon.de: Lebensmittel & Getränke

Back
Top Bottom