Power outages and black-outs

Arwenn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
We’ve had power surges not full on outages, but this has been mainly due to really bad storms over the last few weeks. My internet connection is a whole other thing, thanks to the government roll out of NBN (national broadband network).

candasiri

The Force is Strong With This One
I started another thread not knowing that this was already started (oops!). Just had some random seeming blackouts/power surges in Natick, MA USA yesterday and a few weeks ago. Nothing important weather-wise seemed to be going on. Just seemed "random." They did not last long. Also around the same time I witnessed power loss at the other place I work closer to Boston. Our electronic medical record system failed for a bit which is rare and my friend who was supposed to have day surgery in Boston a few days later told that it was delayed because that same medical record system was down. Wondering if anyone else experiencing this?

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
60 mph wind knocks out power to over 320,000 across Western Washington
Sunday, January 6th 2019 (3-4 minutes Read)

Alaska Airlines flights back in the air after power outage
Sunday, January 6th 2019
SEATTLE (AP) — Alaska Airlines flights are back in the air after a nationwide ground stop that was apparently caused by a power outage.
The airline says all its flights were grounded between about 4:20 a.m. and 5:15 a.m. Sunday after a power outage in the Seattle area, where its operations are based.

Airline spokeswoman Oriana Branon says the power went out around 3:30 a.m. and came back on about an hour and a half later.

She says 27 flights were delayed and five were canceled.

She says inconvenienced customers are being offered compensation on a case by case basis.
Vancouver, WA
https://twitter.com/ClarkPUD/status/1082009096386015232

Top Bottom