PSY-OPS Web Forums: Book of Thoth

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a recent article featured on SOTT, Orwell's definition of "doublethink" was given as:

the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. ... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them
Michael and Dustin epitomize doublethink. They proclaim to believe in free speech for all, and criticize SOTT for banning members, yet they engage in the same behavior, as was demonstrated by Mike.

They contradictorily believe in a) free speech for all/hearing all sides of the story, and b) that they should berate others for not believing in free speech for all in every situation. Now, the first belief (a) is of dubious credibility, given their banning of a member of their own forum. However, giving them the benefit of the doubt (i.e. they are not self-aware enough to consciously realize the contradictory nature of their beliefs), how can they proclaim to believe in free speech and yet they come here and attempt to force us to adopt their belief-system? Wouldn't a proponent of free speech see someone they disagree with and say to themselves, "well, I disagree with what they're saying, but I believe in free speech, so I might as well just let them say it! What does it matter to me?"

Unless they are just bumbling idiots (but how do bumbling idiots get such a book deal? maybe BECAUSE they are bumbling idiots??), it seems they are being disingenuous - proclaiming that they are moral exemplars to paint SOTT as amoral wretches. Nice try, boys.

Wow, amazing how this thread blew up 4 pages in 24 hours... seems all the bases have been covered, and yet again we get another lesson... free of charge i might add.
Laura said:
And of course, normal people banding together and calling a spade a spade, and seeing deviants for what they really are, is the LAST thing the deviants want, so they must brand any such group as a "cult." Isn't it funny that the most natural thing in the world about normal human beings - to assemble in groups around fact-based philosophies - is labeled "cult" by psychopaths? And that "free speech" is being applied to the search for the Truth as though everybody contributing their OPINION is supposed to accomplish that?
It struck me how when we were pondering 'what thoth was all about' Michael suggested we check the site's FAQ, when i did that i found the whole gamut basically set off red flags. When this was brought up, other's saw the same pattern and what was the result? A haughty set of insults and over-simplifications that came straight out of the Hasbara manual. Brilliant!

And i love how the C word came out again, it's like they've got nothing left in their arsenal, might as well toss it out there b/c maybe it'll get em a few converts... an Anart, you're response was beautiful:

Anart said:
That is fine - stay in your cave, with your shadows, we will not bother you there - we will not come into your cave, pee on your carpet and call you a cult - funny how that works, eh?
And that's exactly what they did! They came in here, made all these assumptions and when were politely told that those assumptions aren't quite right, that they might want to read this this and that to get 'up to speed' with what we've already read/learned, they call us 'high and mighty know-it-alls' who 'censor' them! To me, that's like going to a forum where they discuss proper engine maintainence, suggest they dunk the whole bit in oil and everything will be fine, and then flip out when someone suggests they read go read a manual. Yeesh.

Anyway another lesson learned, thou for some reason this one seems to pop up every 3-6 months as if on a timer...

Laura said:
Again and again we have seen such types come here to the forum, try to impose their world view on others, find that it doesn't work, but they never seem to give up trying. We can delete their accounts because we simply aren't interested in debating them, and they will sign up again and again and again under new names, from new IP addresses, and so on. Thus far, Thoth has created four or five different user names, and each one gets deleted almost as soon as it is created. (He doesn't realize, I guess, that the Sun never sets on SOTT!)
Just one more thing to add to what amounts to be an "agenda" by these two guys. If there is no agenda, why go to all of the trouble to keep trying to get back on the forum so they can shower us with their "truth"?

And all the time people spent trying to get OT to just read what this forum is all about. I get a headache from imaging the heads of everyone hitting a brick wall when trying to get these guys to understand what is going on.

To actually witness the lies and twisting of truth was very precious. The fact that OT kept saying how they believe in the truth, and everyone on their site is allowed to talk about anything they want to and it is up to the reader to decide what is truth and what is not is so incredible to me. How can someone who doesn't know the tactics cointelpro uses suppose to be able to discern the truth from the lies? Get real. Heck, most people are not even aware that their are cointelpro agents out there trying to subvert everything and anything that might shed a little light on their lies.

Once again, another valuable lesson.

Cyre2067 said:
Anyway another lesson learned, thou for some reason this one seems to pop up every 3-6 months as if on a timer...
when shoutwire were 'invading the nest' i just thought how disruptive, energy-draining and distracting this is to 'the work'. This example shows the energy gained and the forum strength as 'it' organically learns, develops, sharpens-up and responds quicker. Impressive.

Review of Gardiner by Lee Earle said:
And the audience needs to be guided slowly, for the author’s message is as profound as this DVD experience is – humanity needs to stop casting about wildly for answers to universal questions, and look within itself for its own divinity. As Gardiner makes plainly clear, we need to stop searching for Solomon’s Temple – its existence is symbolic and it resides within all of us, waiting to be re-discovered. And once we understand that we will have Gnosis – true knowledge.

http://www(dot)cerdwynscauldron.com/real2can/projdiectors.html
Notice that 'the audience needs to be guided slowly' is the ultimate marketing metaphor for 'you definitely won't find anything new on this DVD'.

So, again it's the same old new age disinfo: stop looking around and go back to sleep (if you didn't already fall asleep while watching the movie). Free Gnosis for everyone :)

Well, Philip Gardiner's coauthor is saying that he is a plagiarist and a liar and he should know. If true, then this guy Gardiner really has no credibility.

See here,

h t t p://www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGardiner/forbidden_letters.htm

CM

Didn't find anything on that page about plagiarism.

The "Forbidden Letters" read like a cheap imitation of the Priory of Sion Hoax. There's also a bit of a take-off on the Fulcanelli dynamic.

One of the giveaways is the reference to kundalini as the "hidden fire" that must be ignited. It isn't though it is popularly thought to be. That is deliberate disinfo and has led a lot of people astray for a long time.

"Gayness" being equated with the "alchemical androgyne" is an agenda that John Grace, AKA Val Valerian was pushing with his "Final Incarnation" business a few years back.

The colloquial use of the word "stuff" in letter # 3 - "We would appreciate a short reaction on this stuff" - suggests that it is not true that the originators are native French speakers. Also, the sentence construction. It comes across as deliberately mangled here and there to create an illusion, though the mangling is not how a native French speaker would do it. Look at this paragraph:

Again, we mailed you this morning on this email address how we can find your forum on which you publish our mail. We searched on www.gardinerosborn.com/forum, clicked ouserselves silly on the site itself, but weren't able to find it.
The first sentence is mangled, but then you come to "comma, clicked ourselves silly on the site itself..."

Native English speaker.

Here's another:

"We didn't read them either."

Native English speaker.

A native French speaker would have written: "Also we did not read them."

A native French speaker is also not so familiar with contractions such as "didn't" etc.

The nonsense about Secret Mark is fairly well known among NT scholars. I believe an original paper was written about it by Morton Smith. That these jokers refer to it says a lot about them:

From Publishers Weekly
Secret Mark" is the name given to a portion of a document allegedly uncovered in 1958 on a trip to the monastery of Mar Saba, located near Jerusalem. Purportedly written by Clement of Alexandria to someone called Theodore in the late second or early third century, the document was discovered by Morton Smith, at the time assistant professor of history at Columbia University. Secret Mark caused a stir in the academic community, as it alludes to a homosexual relationship between Jesus and Mark, and casts doubt on the authenticity of portions of the canonized gospel of Mark. Carlson is interested, not just in the authenticity of Secret Mark, but in the issue of historical hoaxes in general. His task is made difficult in that the Mar Saba documents are no longer available for inspection, so he depends on the photographs supplied by Smith. Carlson concludes that Secret Mark is indeed a hoax, and contains clear signs of a 20th-century provenance. Moreover, he points directly at Smith as the perpetrator of the fraud. Utilizing sound historical and linguistic methods, Carlson presents a convincing case for Smith's authorship of Secret Mark. While readers unfamiliar with the critical apparatus scholars use to evaluate ancient texts will find the book challenging, Carlson's presentation of the evidence strongly supports his views.
Note that nobody can examine the document. Why?

The text was written on the end-papers of a 17th century printed edition of the Letters of Ignatius of Antioch, edited by Isaac Voss and printed at Amsterdam. The script was an 18th century cursive hand, occupying some two and half pages. Smith was to publish some cropped monochrome photographs of these; some colour photographs were taken on a subsequent trip with other scholars; and then the manuscript disappeared.
How convenient: it disappeared before tests could be performed...

Curiously, the focus of the rant, that alchemy is done in the body, is the focus of my book, Secret History. It is clear, also, that they were written after SH was published. That, connected to the fact that the people behind this book came here to Bogart suggests that the whole thing could be damage control directed against SH.

Who is tells us that the domain is registered via a "privacy protection" mode. Nothing to say that it doesn't belong to Gardiner himself and is just being used to create a "buzz."

Added: Ah! I found the key! On this page

h t t p://www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGardiner/forbidden_letters.htm

we read:

In The Gnostic Science of Alchemy, chapter 12, Vincent Bridges writes... [...]

Yet, the question arises now of course: is September 4th 1986 and the things that are, according to us, going to happen in the not so far future a fulfillment of the Hendaye Cross and the theory of Jay Weidner and Vincent Bridges? We don't know.
And now we know that it is a rip-off and twist on my Secret History - and deliberate at that.

Hi Laura,

While I would agree with your views on these "Forbidden Letters", read the article by Gary Osborn, where he writes,

"Bear in mind that this was only two months after The Serpent Grail had been published. Naturally, I hadn't been told by Gardiner that passages from my own written work had been included with no quotation references . . . something he promised to put right in subsequent print runs, and even in the new published version, and hasn't."

Since the previous message to mine was about Philip Gardiner I remembered reading by someone that he isn't all that he says and decided to look him up and found the above.

CM

I've started a discussion on the Letters at religion, because a separate thread on the Letters are worth while. But before leaving this thread on Book of Thoth:

P.S. Our mails are composed in Paris. Then sent to our gay friend and then sent to another country in Europe, recomposed on this email address, and then sent to you from a public computer. We kindly ask you not to publish this email address. We'd be inundated by mail. You understand.
The Paris 4 don't say their translator is a Frenchman.

And nothing depends on secret Mark. Secret Mark is attacked over and over, because most people in the world are homophobic.

Nothing is said either by thre fact that the oldest copy (if it is one) is only a few centuries old. Nearly all books from the New Testament are copies dating from the 11th century (or the 4th).

I'm quite sure that people did there best to destroy secret Mark if it has existed in the second, fifth or ninth century.

But again, nothing depends on secret Mark. What I get from the Letters is that the Paris 4 say: isn't it special that our'alchemist is gay and that a Secret Mark exists also?

Here is the link to the Forbidden Letters ( I shall not return here, because this thread was originally not about the letters ).

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5758.msg39114#msg39114

P.S.

"Gayness" being equated with the "alchemical androgyne" is an agenda that John Grace, AKA Val Valerian was pushing with his "Final Incarnation" business a few years back.
This is taken from:

_www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGardiner/forbidden_letters_17.htm

Part 1

It has been proposed by the Paris 4, although with reservations [see footnote 1], that only certain homosexuals [see footnote 2] possess the necessary balance of the microcosmic male and female [see footnote 3] to safely conduct the forces of resurrection[see footnote 4]. Resurrection being phase one of the Great Work of Alchemy: the furnace of Kundalini. A work serving deification of a human being from within, and possibly, through such a human being then, of all of creation in the end too, if creation is in reality microcosmic, and the world hence...

'... my projection.' [Schopenhauer]

This is intriguing, homosexuality being a requirement for apotheosis, since so little seems known about the cause of homosexuality. Because in spite of the fact that...

'... the accumulation of evidence from independent laboratories across the world has shown that the biological differences between gay and straight people cannot be ignored...' [Wilson and Rahman in Born Gay/BG hereafter]

... and we also know that...

'...sexual orientation is largely determined by the time of birth, partly by genetics, but more specifically by hormonal activity in the womb arising from various sources...'[BG]

...it remains a mystery...

'...how homosexuality could survive in the face of evolutionary forces*, especially given its genetic component.' [BG]

[*Alchemy is evolution proper. [The CE2] [see footnote 5]

In their brain...

'...gay men are found to be more like women, and lesbians show similarities to men.' [BG] The brain of gay men and lesbian women...

'...seems to be cross-sex shifted in certain respects, more than those of heterosexuals.' [BG]

These fascinating details will of course not keep religions from saying that gay's are...

'...stubbornly sinful people, whose behaviour is an affront to the divine plan.' [BG] A song that has been sung since the dawn of time. Burns for example reminds us that...

'...in ancient Egypt Set was worshipped with obscene homosexual rituals. We are told that the rituals performed for Set and Sirius [see footnote 6] were so horrible and debased, that later rulers of Egypt defaced their temples and obelisks.' But even in our age...

'...arguments against the spiritual validity of homosexual rites can be found in the writings of modern exponents of Wicca, Thelema, Qabalah, and the Western Esoteric Tradition in general.' [Hine] Wendy Doniger points out that...

'...homosexual love represents what Mary Douglas has taught us to recognize as a major category error. Something that doesn't fit into any existing cubbyhole. "Matter out of place". In a word: dirt.' Doniger tells us we may...

'...do well to recall the ways in which homophobic language often employs dirt-symbolism. Traditional religious texts regard the homosexual union as a mutually polluting combination of the worst of both worlds: sterility and lust.'

It is therefore suggested within the internet-discussion on the alchemical theory of the Paris 4 that the Stone of Alchemy 'lies in dirt' and 'is rejected by the builders' (we all!) because of the possible homosexual connection. A suggestion Gary Osborn sees as...

'...quite unique and a revolutionary explanation.'

An explanation he's...

'...trying to get his head around.'
&

'In view of the recognized frequency of this phenomenon [of homosexuality], its interpretation as a pathological perversion is very dubious. The psychological findings show that it is rather a matter of incomplete detachment from the hermaphroditic archetype, coupled with a distinct resistance to identify with the role of a one-sided sexual being. Such a disposition should not be adjudged negative in all circumstances, in so far as it preserves the archetype of the Original Man, which a one-sided sexual being has, up to a point, lost.' [Carl Jung "Concerning the Archetypes and the Anima Concept," CW 9i, par. 146./italics by me] [see footnote 1]
Taken from _www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGardiner/forbidden_letters_16.htm

Again, I will not be answering within this thread anymore.

As I wrote here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5758

Well, let me just say that I have read these letters carefully and I am not impressed. The lack of serious metaphysical and esoteric knowledge of the writers is glaring and their use of buzz words is pathetic. I can only say that if you are impressed by this stuff, go for it. I have spent literally years digging into this stuff, examining, testing, and checking many hypotheses and theories and I've pretty much put the conclusions into Secret History. I'm not going to re-write SH here just to answer all of this nonsense. Either get the book and read it and figure a few things out, or don't.

I'll give you a clue: the alchemical androgyne has nothing to do with sex or sexuality or biology.

And please read the forum rules as to why this forum exists.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom