Putin on TV: Documentaries and TV appearances by the Russian president

Siberia said:
If I'm not mistaken, this new documentary Putin. Part One by Andrey Kondrashov hasn't been mentioned elsewhere on the Forum yet. This is already the second new documentary about the Russian president this week! :)

It is only available in Russian so far, so it could be interesting for those who either speak or study Russian. Hope that it will also be available in English eventually.

The previous documentary Crimea. Way Back Home by Andrey Kondrashov was discussed in this thread.

As of yet, with the "new documentary - Putin. Part One", I have not located a version with English subtitles yet.

But checking back to the previous documentary "Crimea. Way Back Home" - Sputnik News was kind enough to present the video, while also offering translations to other languages.

My guess, Sputnik or even RT news outlets will be the first to offer the video in the English version and other languages?

Sputnik does have a short article mentioning Putin's new documentary:

One week ahead of the Russian presidential election, President Vladimir Putin appeared in a feature-length promotional film, where he shared some of his core beliefs.

Putin Explains How to Stay Cool, What Merkel Sends Him and What He Can't Forgive 11.03.2018
https://sputniknews.com/russia/201803111062416696-putin-election-beer-merkel/

In the movie, released today, Vladimir Putin answered how he manages self-control in different situations, saying “When somebody loses his temper, he shows weakness. A person in my position has no right to show weakness."

He also said that he can forgive, but that not everything was forgivable: he believes that there's no excuse for betrayal. He also shared what keeps him energized and fit for work, saying his secret is “being sure what you are doing is righteous as well as being ready to devote your life to it.”

Putin also told the interviewer that current German chancellor Angela Merkel sends him the kind of beer he enjoyed drinking while working in the German Democratic Republic, according to the teaser of the
second part of this film, which has yet to be released.

“Angela sends me a couple of bottles of Radeberger beer from time to time,” Putin told the journalist.

“PUTIN,” A new film about the current Russian president, who is seeking a fourth term in office, appeared on the Russia’s social network Odnoklassniki. For two hours, Vladimir Putin tells his campaign press-secretary and the film's creator about his family, the crucial events of his term as well as his basic views and beliefs. Prominent political figures from Russia and abroad, as well as guests who knew Putin long before his political career, share their perceptions of the Russian president.

The presidential election is to take place on March 18th.

As a side note - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov celebrates his birthday on March 21.
http://tass.com/politics/936647

Sputniknews.com presents the full "Crimea - Way Back Home" documentary with English subtitles. Watch the historic events unfold, as locals share their chilling stories of those troubled times.

'Crimea - Way Back Home' Film Documents Historic Homecoming (VIDEO) 31.03.2015
https://sputniknews.com/russia/201503311020271172/

The movie is also translated to German, French, Spanish and Serbian.

The documentary revealed top-secret facts and details of of previosly unknown events that had taken place right before the Crimean referendum.

The movie also shows many interviews with Crimean residents who personally took part in the so-called "Crimean spring" protests as well as Russian military, including Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu. The most spectacular moments of the stories people shared about these tough times were reconstructed, making the viewer feel as if he was there himself.

Thank you, everyone for the recommendations! I finished watching Solovyev's movie, and will be watching "Putin" next.

The "World Order 2018" movie is a very interesting one, but just wanted to mention that Solovyev's pro-Israel agenda was showing when he used footage of Netanyahu speaking when ISIS threat was mentioned, or when there was a mention of the refugee problem.

This is particularly disingenuous when there is a growing dissatisfaction with Netanyahu and his psychopathic machinations. Israelis organize demonstrations against him, while he tries to stage early elections to further cement his presence and avoid jail (he is under investigation for corruption). Don't think it is a coincidence, when Netanyahu really wants to make friends with Putin.

Siberia said:
If I'm not mistaken, this new documentary Putin. Part One by Andrey Kondrashov hasn't been mentioned elsewhere on the Forum yet. This is already the second new documentary about the Russian president this week! :)

It is only available in Russian so far, so it could be interesting for those who either speak or study Russian. Hope that it will also be available in English eventually.

https://youtu.be/3RK2xmLVkDI

The previous documentary Crimea. Way Back Home by Andrey Kondrashov was discussed in this thread.

Here's some excerpts with English subtitiles from Vesti News coverage about this documentary:

https://youtu.be/5Xyyw82hX_M

Almost 10,000,000 people have already seen the 2-hour movie "Putin" by Andrey Kondrashov. That's just in 1.5 days. Every minute, the number of views online increases by 20,000.

Vesti News youtube channel uploads several videos on a daily basis with English subtitles. From the About page:

_https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8MaD6gQscto_Nq1i49iew/about
We select the best of the best from Russia's excellent but little-known (outside Russia) top news programs. 1st class journalists in the most important countries, war hotspots, and world capitals. Intelligent, insightful commentary from Russia’s brightest minds. World-class original documentaries and film-making. Russia puts enormous resources into political news reporting around the world and at home. The quality is often excellent, surpassing what Western TV networks are able to do. Russian military correspondents are the best in the world, period, and can often go where their Western colleagues cannot. If you find RT valuable, this is a great addition - reflecting the most popular political shows in Russia, what 10s of millions of Russians see. This is the official channel of the main TV news channels of the largest media holding in Russia, the state-owned VGRTK. Tune in to their biggest stars - Dmitry Kiselyov, Sergey Brilyov, Yevgenyi Poddubnyi, Andrey Kondrashov.

New documentary (blocked on YouTube) World Order 2018 by Vladimir Soloviev with English subtitles. :)

https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/03/no-russia-no-world-full-movie-world-order-2018/

“World Order 2018” is a new documentary movie by TV host, Vladimir Soloviev, in which he discusses with Russia’s President Putin all the major events of the past few years; the Syrian situation, the destruction of the Middle East, the expansion of NATO, the immigration crisis in Europe, the destabilisation of Eastern Ukraine and the situation in Crimea, US-Russian relations, and of course the nuclear arms race. They also touch on topics rarely answered by world leaders – the eradication of national identities, the re-writing of history, and the essence of the Holocaust.

The film is 1.5 hours long, so make sure you put some time aside, instead of your next Netflix doco! If you’re specifically looking for the quote in the title – it’s at 1:22:00.

https://vimeo.com/259897908

sToRmR1dR said:
New documentary (blocked on YouTube) World Order 2018 by Vladimir Soloviev with English subtitles. :)

https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/03/no-russia-no-world-full-movie-world-order-2018/

“World Order 2018” is a new documentary movie by TV host, Vladimir Soloviev, in which he discusses with Russia’s President Putin all the major events of the past few years; the Syrian situation, the destruction of the Middle East, the expansion of NATO, the immigration crisis in Europe, the destabilisation of Eastern Ukraine and the situation in Crimea, US-Russian relations, and of course the nuclear arms race. They also touch on topics rarely answered by world leaders – the eradication of national identities, the re-writing of history, and the essence of the Holocaust.

The film is 1.5 hours long, so make sure you put some time aside, instead of your next Netflix doco! If you’re specifically looking for the quote in the title – it’s at 1:22:00.

Thank you! It was apparently translated by InessaS from youtube, so the translation should be pretty accurate. That will make a nice evening watch.

Pashalis said:
Thank you! It was apparently translated by InessaS from youtube, so the translation should be pretty accurate. That will make a nice evening watch.

That was my evening watch and it was much appreciated! The translation seemed pretty solid.

sToRmR1dR said:

Thank you sToRmR1dR for the video. I think I like Vladimir Soloviev style of interviewing. They look straight questions, his listening style gives me the impression of he was skeptical of what he is listening. Content wise it is typical Putin style interview, though Putin went little more straight (or editing makes it like that) and seems to have little bit election angle in the picture. Everybody knows Putin is a nationalist with an eye on international cooperation based on respect to other countries genuine national interests. But this nationalist angle becomes much more obvious to the audience.

His answer to the having the "responsibility of holding Nuclear button" is interesting. He could have simply answered it, but he knows the media spin, so he has to go round about way to layout the multiple dimensions of the question, before putting the punch line "No Russia - No World". Probably that would give chills to the Anglo-Saxon insane gang.

His reply to the "Turkey voting against Russia Crimea UN Vote making it unreliable partner" is very composed. He acknowledges why Turkey did it in a historical context and patiently tried to convince Turkey what Russia doing it to help Crimean Tartars.

As a whole, very good movie and makes us wonder how fortunate we are to have Person like Putin at the top of the geopolitical mess. The change from the Unilateral vassal states to the nations with individual interests cooperating with mutual respect in a short span of 4 years is like a miracle. He reminds people, "It's best have to have Russia as an Ally". It is like saying, "I am the Boss, Don't mess with me". His effort in balancing is obvious in the complex mess like the Middle East. I think this is the message to the EU nations who can't shake up their servitude to the US.

sToRmR1dR said:

I think someone on the forum commented on the worldmap/globe shown at 1:31:03 but i really can't find it anymore?
Anybody knows what thread/post that was? I think it was another thread and about the 'new weapon' announcement. Must have been around the 01.03.2018.

mrtn said:
sToRmR1dR said:

I think someone on the forum commented on the worldmap/globe shown at 1:31:03 but i really can't find it anymore?
Anybody knows what thread/post that was? I think it was another thread and about the 'new weapon' announcement. Must have been around the 01.03.2018.
I can see the globe in the above video around 1:31:00

Yes it's in the video. What i cannot find is the post/comment about it by whoever posted it. :D
I find it very clever that the map does not portay a real world scenario and as soon as interpretation gets involved the starting point of the trajectory resembles rather north amertica than russia. I guess its again that hint about
1) the USA used nuclear weapons in history.
2) Russia will not be the initiator of such a conflict.
It was also pointed out that their new technology does NOT work like a trajectory, but maybe flying in lower height, below radar. So i wonder if the depiction actually portrays the old nuclear weapon systems. With some conventional warheads heading to 'Florida' later in the clip (which has expectedly been taken up by some media as 'russian aggression') that could as well just be seen as the US shooting itself in the foot.

But I was actually just curious about the 'highlighted' yellow Islands that take somewhat the position of the Aleutians. I also thought about inverting the sea/land portions (antarktika? australia?) but i'm probably already a bit too obsessed with this :)

voyageur said:
Pashalis said:

That was my evening watch and it was much appreciated! The translation seemed pretty solid.

Viewed it on Sott this morning! An excellent real world interpretation by one of the few courageous political leaders fighting for humanity's survival. Very well done. Thanks to those of Russian decent that help confirm the interpretations.

Thanks also sToRmR1dR for the link.

Да здравствует Владимир Владимирович Путин и свободные люди Российской Федерации!

Vladimir Putin beamed on stage at a political rally in annexed Crimea yesterday as his country issued dark threats of revenge against Britain over Theresa May's pledge to expel 23 spies over the Salisbury nerve agent attack.

Shameless Putin bounces on stage at rally to celebrate annexation of Crimea as Russia warns 'our response will not be long in coming' after May vows to expel 23 spies, cancels contact with Moscow and calls for sanctions - 18 Videos 03.14.2018
_http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5498995/PM-prepares-lay-response-Russia-Salisbury-outrage.html

Siberia said:
Part Two of Andrey Kondrashov's documentary Putin is now available on VK (in Russian so far).

Very good! I watched the first part and hope that it will have English subtitles soon. Because this documentary is a real treat, and there is a lot of material that was either never shown, or presented in such a simple but compelling way. Highly recommended. :wizard:

Keit said:
Siberia said:
Part Two of Andrey Kondrashov's documentary Putin is now available on VK (in Russian so far).

Very good! I watched the first part and hope that it will have English subtitles soon. Because this documentary is a real treat, and there is a lot of material that was either never shown, or presented in such a simple but compelling way. Highly recommended. :wizard:

Ditto! Here are some excerpts from Vesti News with English subtitles:

https://youtu.be/TsQYo4tZJHs

Back
Top Bottom