Putin on TV: Documentaries and TV appearances by the Russian president

Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

It's also pretty obvious that a LOT is not getting translated. I don't know if it is important or not, but it was annoying.

Approaching Infinity said:
Another thing that was hard to follow was who was saying what. Is it possible to include translations of the names of the speakers, as they come up on screen? And to distinguish who's who when they're talking over each other?

I think some of the names can be included. Please, tell me Kniall if it's needed, and I'll go over the movies to do it. But there are many cases when no names are mentioned or written on the screen. In many cases it's assumed that Russian audience knows those people. Unfortunately, I don't.

As for distinguishing who is speaking, that's tricky too, because in many cases in order to reduce a lot of noise, like repeated sentences by both of the speakers, the key meaning was made into one sentence.

Laura said:
It's also pretty obvious that a LOT is not getting translated. I don't know if it is important or not, but it was annoying.

Sorry about that, and I also mentioned it before here and here, but, unfortunately, it was unavoidable. There was A LOT of information and dialog there, but translating all of this word to word wouldn't make any sense for an English speaking person, because a lot of it were either repetitions, or figure of speech specific to the Russian language. And in order to make it English adapted, it would take double amount of subtitles, and they would flash too quickly to keep with the pace of the movie. But I can assure you, that all the key information was included. But hey, if we have enough people, we can do another, more complete version, where we will transcribe all the text, then translate it, and then see how it goes.

I think that the main problem with this documentary, that it is like an uncut version, or like walking into an archive. There is a lot of information condensed, with only a certain level of organization.

ADDED: Well, one other factor for shortening the subtitles was also making this documentary available as soon as possible. But if it's important, then maybe several of us can work on a more extended version, including mentioning names and such.

Approaching Infinity said:
Another thing that was hard to follow was who was saying what. Is it possible to include translations of the names of the speakers, as they come up on screen? And to distinguish who's who when they're talking over each other?

The usual way --which I learned from BBC Ceefax subtitles for the hearing impaired BTW-- is to work from start to finish with different colors for the main speakers and use white for all others; but obviously I don't know whether the technology you use has this feature available.

You start with naming the speakers when they first appear directly in the color they got attributed to them and then stick to their respective color throughout the video in each and every subtitle they need. That way two or three persons talking simultaneously are distinguished from each other by their different colored subtitles.

Easier said than done, though... :P FWIW.

Keit said:
I can assure you, that all the key information was included.

I combed through part 3's subtitles, editing them directly in YT, clarifying some names, events, places by double-checking them.

I'll do the same for parts 4 and 5.

I don't think this video series is informative enough to be investing more time in it. The Litvinenko-Berezovsky plutonium dirty bomb theory outlined in part 3 seems a bit loopy.

I'm still hoping to see a Russian docu that is 'just the facts ma'am...'

Great picture. Altogether with the Egyptian bodyguards puzzled among kids :) Seems that they were at the sport center called Laura :D

_http://eng.kremlin.ru/news/22805

Attachments

• 41d4fa812c9729177182.jpg
    41d4fa812c9729177182.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 412

Kniall said:
Keit said:
I can assure you, that all the key information was included.

I combed through part 3's subtitles, editing them directly in YT, clarifying some names, events, places by double-checking them.

I'll do the same for parts 4 and 5.

I don't think this video series is informative enough to be investing more time in it. The Litvinenko-Berezovsky plutonium dirty bomb theory outlined in part 3 seems a bit loopy.

I'm still hoping to see a Russian docu that is 'just the facts ma'am...'

Why do you think the plutonium theory was loopy?

Laura said:

The docu made the case that it was impossible for Litvinenko to have been poisoned with polonium in that London bar because otherwise everyone in it would have died a slow death. So somehow only Litvinenko was exposed. You're led to think then that he could only have been infected with a microdose, otherwise he would have died much quicker.

Then the docu seemed to leap from those premises to suggesting that Litvinenko was in possession of a large quantity, and was perhaps accidentally exposed to one of the 9 or so units of polonium allegedly set aside for the purpose of setting off dirty bombs in Russian subways. The docu reinforces that scenario by ridiculing the notion that Litvinenko was poisoned with a "$36 million nuclear warhead."

I think there's a break in the logic there. Which was it, a small or high dose? Consider also that Arafat was very probably deliberately poisoned with polonium, so why not Litvinenko?

I've yet to comb through that part and improve the subtitles, so hopefully doing that will clear up what seems to be an inconsistency.

From the bigger picture, it is a plausible scenario: there were many terror attacks in Russia over the last 15 years, including on subways, that probably involved Berezovsky and the oligarchs, both foreign and domestic.

Kniall said:
Laura said:

The docu made the case that it was impossible for Litvinenko to have been poisoned with polonium in that London bar because otherwise everyone in it would have died a slow death. So somehow only Litvinenko was exposed. You're led to think then that he could only have been infected with a microdose, otherwise he would have died much quicker.

Then the docu seemed to leap from those premises to suggesting that Litvinenko was in possession of a large quantity, and was perhaps accidentally exposed to one of the 9 or so units of polonium allegedly set aside for the purpose of setting off dirty bombs in Russian subways. The docu reinforces that scenario by ridiculing the notion that Litvinenko was poisoned with a "$36 million nuclear warhead."

I think there's a break in the logic there. Which was it, a small or high dose? Consider also that Arafat was very probably deliberately poisoned with polonium, so why not Litvinenko?

I've yet to comb through that part and improve the subtitles, so hopefully doing that will clear up what seems to be an inconsistency.

From the bigger picture, it is a plausible scenario: there were many terror attacks in Russia over the last 15 years, including on subways, that probably involved Berezovsky and the oligarchs, both foreign and domestic.

Not sure I follow here. a milligram is a small dose, a gram is a large dose. There may have been a plot to carry out "dirty bomb" attacks in Russia and thereby damage Putin, but that plot was rumbled by the Russians. Litvinenko was a bit part player in, probably unaware of all details, and when it was thwarted by Russia, plan B was the smear campaign: take out Litvinenko by way of polonium poisoning because he 'knew too much' and demonize Putin for his murder. Polonium being used as a "marker" by the perps. As one guy says in the docu.
"In Litvinenko's case the perpetrators must have thought long and hard about thow to make a media spctacle out of it."

The point being, your problem with "which was it" is answered by both not being mutually exclusive.

dantem said:
Kniall said:
I'm going through the subtitles now, line by line, to clean them up and explain things like which 'elections' or 'agreement' is being referred to, etc.

This material is super-unknown!

Can you post the .srt when you're done? I'm on a translating ENG-to-ITA frenzy here.

Only seeing your post now, sorry dantem. I don't do .srt (I tried and failed! my computer won't accept software to read/create .srt files) so I am editing the text directly in YT. Afterwards, I'll create Word docs for each of the 3 translated parts (parts 3, 4 and 5) and post them here. If you're in a hurry, you can ask Keit for the older .srt files and base your translations off those.

Kniall said:
Only seeing your post now, sorry dantem. I don't do .srt (I tried and failed! my computer won't accept software to read/create .srt files) so I am editing the text directly in YT. Afterwards, I'll create Word docs for each of the 3 translated parts (parts 3, 4 and 5) and post them here. If you're in a hurry, you can ask Keit for the older .srt files and base your translations off those.

Sure, here they are. But if you are going over it and fixing everything, wouldn't it be better to wait?

Attachments

• Subtitles_parts34_Unknown_Putin_PR.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown_Putin_part_5.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 0

This is probably the strongest message to NATO. If there would be someone who can understand this, the message would be something like: Don’t mess with the man who looks genuinely and sincerely moved when his country’s anthem is played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M5oXlIB9rCk

Found these videos on Putin published this past May. The first part has close to 650,000 views.

Vladimir Putin Traitor to the New World Order. Part 1.
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W85OnL4xtY

Part 2 Vladimir Putin Traitor to the New World Order
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3boC2D-iviI

I think it covers a lot of the geopolitical situation fairly accurately, but it also is framed in a way that is likely to put many people off and contains a bit of silliness too (he ends with the promise of sacred Egyptian knowledge that can save us all :rolleyes:). I don't think it's worth everyones time. I bring it up because there was one bit in particular that caught my attention. In the first video starting at 8:30 he starts talking about secret Russian and American weaponry that mimic cometary fallout. Sounds like cointelpro to cover up what is actually happening in the skies, and to push people into more fear based war.

More on President Vladimir Putin and his Family. Unable to locate a copy of a two hour documentary, dedicated to the 15th anniversary of Vladimir Putin's accession to the presidency, shown on April 26, 2015.

Putin: 'Life is such a simple and cruel thing'
http://english.pravda.ru/society/stories/30-04-2015/130444-putin_column_russian_pioneer-0/

Russian President Vladimir Putin wrote a column for 'The Russian Pioneer' publication. In the column, Putin described his relations with his family and his parents. Putin also wrote about their attitude to war, to evil, as well as unveiled a few interesting details about curious occurrences that affected his life and outlook.

This is not the first time, when Vladimir Putin writes a column for this publication. In 2009, when serving as the prime minister of the Russian government, he expressed his point of view about people being fired from their jobs. In 2010, he wrote about scientists and explained his attraction to "events with the participation of fauna."

In his latest column, Putin started with a story about his father's army service. Vladimir Putin wrote in the article that he came to understand the phenomenon of war from his parents' conversations, Pravda.Ru reports.

"But they had no hatred for the enemy - that's what amazing. To be honest, I still can not fully understand this," Vladimir Putin wrote in his column. According to the president, his father served in Sevastopol as a sailor.

"When he returned, he worked at the factory, and they lived with my mother in Petrodvorets. They even built a house there, I think," Putin wrote.

Soon afterwards, the father of the would-be President of Russia volunteered to return to the navy. He served as a member of the NKVD guerrilla force and was seriously injured during service.

"The wound was severe. His foot would never bend afterwards. Doctors preferred not to remove small fragments not to crush the bones. They kept his foot, thank God, although they could have taken it," Vladimir Putin wrote in his piece.

The father of the future leader of Russia had a large family.

"He had six brothers, and five of them were killed. That was a disaster for the family. My mother lost her relatives too. I was a late child," wrote Vladimir Vladimirovich.

Putin pointed out in his column that his mother, in spite of the complexity and military upheavals of the time, was a very gentle person. Her kindness helped his family, friends and self cope with all the hardships of the war period.

"Life is such a simple and cruel thing," Putin wrote.

Andrei Kolesnikov, editor-in-chief of the publication, told RIA Novosti that the column was "very honest and open."

"It is evident that the subject still hurts Vladimir Putin," he added.

Noteworthy, a documentary titled "The President" has recently premiered in Russia. The documentary is dedicated to Putin's 15 years in power. In the film, the Russian President speaks about his work duties and talks about the hardest periods in the history of Russia, Pravda.Ru reports.

Russian Rossiya-1 TV channel will air a documentary dedicated to the 15th anniversary of Vladimir Putin's accession to the presidency on April 26.
http://in.sputniknews.com/russia/20150426/1014259974.html

The documentary is based on an interview by Russian TV presenter Vladimir Solovyov with Putin and focuses on landmark events in Russia's modern history over the past 15 years.

According to trailers released ahead of the April 26 premiere, the film will give insights on Russia's policies starting from late 1990s — early 2000s, when Putin became president for the first time, up to recent events including the situation in Ukraine. The film will also give a touch of what the the president has personally gone through during the 15 years.

Vladimir Solovyov, who is the author of the film, revealed some details about the upcoming documentary on Thursday.

The TV host said he had an almost two-hour-long conversation with the Russian leader about milestone events in Russia's most recent history, including the Chechen campaign, the terror attacks in Moscow and Beslan in the early 2000s and the Kursk submarine disaster in August 2000.

Solovyov added that the film will not be based entirely on the the interview with the president, but will also include rare documentary footage and remarks by other Russian politicians, making their first public comments on some events.

Vladimir Putin served as Russia's Prime Minister from 1999 to 2000. On December 31, 1999, he became acting president after his predecessor Boris Yeltsin resigned unexpectedly. Putin won the subsequent 2000 presidential election and served as Russian president from 2000 to 2008. After serving as prime minister from 2008 to 2012, he was re-elected to the presidency in 2012.

The Russian president has repeatedly topped international rankings of the world's most important people. In 2007 Time named Putin its Person of the Year. In 2013 and 2014 the Russian president led Forbes magazine's list of the most powerful people in the world. In 2015, Time included Putin in its annual list of the world's 100 most influential people.

Putin’s 15 years in politics: 'President' doc to feature never-seen-before footage
http://rt.com/news/251137-putin-president-documentary-anniversary/

The documentary is built around the president's interview spanning his whole period in power. Apart from that, the film's creators announced it will feature footage filmed by Putin's personal cameramen and conversations with other top politicians in the past two decades.

Several trailers have been released, allowing for a sneak preview of what's to come in the full movie. In one, Putin said he was disappointed by how Russia was seen by foreign powers. "I sometimes think they only like Russia when they have to send us humanitarian aid."

The movie is also expected to show a more personal touch: when asked what he found to be the most harrowing experiences of his time in power, he named the "horrible terror attacks" in Beslan and Moscow in the early 2000s.

It will also feature a look into the underbelly of Russia's internal politics of the late 1990s and early 2000s. "Russia was run by a mighty oligarch cooperative," the TV host says in one of the trailers, referring to the period when Putin initially came to power. "They were looking at you and thinking: we are about to eat you. How did you manage to bring those wolves to heel?" The video cuts with the president smiling and saying: "I used different means."

Author F. William Engdahl comments on President Vladimir Putin's recent (April 26) documentary to the Russian people and adds background from his book, "Amerikas’ Heilige Krieg" to references Putin made on Chechnya, the CIA and western Intelligence services.

What if Putin is Telling the Truth?
http://journal-neo.org/2015/05/15/what-if-putin-is-telling-the-truth/

On April 26 Russia’s main national TV station, Rossiya 1, featured President Vladimir Putin in a documentary to the Russian people on the events of the recent period including the annexation of Crimea, the US coup d’etat in Ukraine, and the general state of relations with the United States and the EU. His words were frank. And in the middle of his remarks the Russian former KGB chief dropped a political bombshell that was known by Russian intelligence two decades ago.

Putin stated bluntly that in his view the West would only be content in having a Russia weak, suffering and begging from the West, something clearly the Russian character is not disposed to. Then a short way into his remarks, the Russian President stated for the first time publicly something that Russian intelligence has known for almost two decades but kept silent until now, most probably in hopes of an era of better normalized Russia-US relations.

Putin stated that the terror in Chechnya and in the Russian Caucasus in the early 1990’s was actively backed by the CIA and western Intelligence services to deliberately weaken Russia. He noted that the Russian FSB foreign intelligence had documentation of the US covert role without giving details.

What Putin, an intelligence professional of the highest order, only hinted at in his remarks, I have documented in detail from non-Russian sources. The report has enormous implications to reveal to the world the long-standing hidden agenda of influential circles in Washington to destroy Russia as a functioning sovereign state, an agenda which includes the neo-nazi coup d’etat in Ukraine and severe financial sanction warfare against Moscow.

The following is drawn on my book, Amerikas’ Heilige Krieg. [ ... ]

Putin's rating reached its maximum - his presidency approved by 89 percent of Russians
http://fakti.org/rossiya/putinov-rejting-dostigao-maksimum-njegovo-predsednikovanje-odobrava-89-odsto-rusa

Note: Maybe a Forum Member can translate the Russian to English?

Vladimir Putin as President of the RF satisfied with 89 percent of the population - this indicator is an absolute record since he carried out the research, told the Interfax news agency in "Levada Center" - analytical center that conducted the research.

Back
Top Bottom