Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

My simple minds thinks, OK ,you conquer, give the reins of power to good people and leave. But how do you keep the rats from returning who are probably hiding or left for EU ? Something tells me Russia will need to stay for a bit to babysit the new government. Plus there are other elements in Ukraine who will not like the reshuffling of cards, as they are used to always wining.
Isn't it simply a resonance of the constant war between good & evil, sto vs sts ? At least this what came into my mind reading your comment.

I had some faith in him given how he handled the pandemic. Now it's election time and keeps preaching "let's keep Texas red" However he's behaving like a liberal, perhaps he's trying to win the lefties in Austin?...Doesn't make sense to me though.
Yeah, probably going to see this all over the place as leaders try to retain their hold on power. Too many people have started to see the cracks of light coming in though, and the cat is out of the bag.

I will say though that Abbott typically has done well with his wordings on issues. With covid it became "wear a mask/get the shot if you want but you will not force that on others."

With the trans issues it isn't that it isn't allowed in Texas, it's that it's not allowed for children under 18 and is considered child abuse (rightfully so).

I guess I can say that at least he only "asked" people remove Russian products, instead of demanding, but I think he could have not even done that, made his point, and still left it up to people to make their own choices. What, are business owners THAT inept that the thought hadn't crossed their minds before he "asked" them to do it?? Do they really need the idea to be given to them?

Sadly, probably yes, cause it's all one giant virtue signal, and it makes me sick. But like, hey, if these people are all dumping their vodka, can I have some? For free?? 🤣

Not likely to work out well for BP, or western economy.

Following days of intense pressure from the U.K. government, UK energy giant BP Plc said it will exit its 19.75% stake in Russian oil company Rosneft, a dramatic reversal after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine as Western nations are trying to inflict as much economic pain as possible on Moscow. BP had held its stake in Rosneft since 2013. BP is Rosneft’s biggest private shareholder, according to the Russian company.
And with BP set to spark a firesale in the already depressed shares, the next question as the FT's Chief Political Correspondents Jim Pickard notes, is "who will the buyer be and at what price."
Here, all eyes fall on Beijing which will be happy to snap up Russian assets at firesale prices.

Russians have implemented a no-fly zone over the whole of Ukraine. Their ground forces are steadily encircling key cities, where the Ukrainian forces have been ordered to take up positions in residential areas. The CIA-Kiev plan is to maximize civilian casualties for PR purposes. The Russian plan is to give them ample opportunities to surrender, and only then take them out.

This American in Kiev explains what is going on.
Watching this quite fun video I realized that the Russians are applying a coffee / tea filter to the Ukrainian Army. They offer the option to surrender: naturally only the normal people will surrender and the Russians want them in the future Re-Made Ukrainian army that will be tasked to really protect Ukraine and its civilians as the Russian army does in Russia.
Rabid UkroNazi soldiers - fanatically entrenched in Mariupol especially - have firmly dig themselves in the Übermensch mindset. These Nazis probably won't surrender to the Russian Army, so they are essentially removing themselves from the equation.
This should have been done in Iraq and Syria: separate moderate terrorists from the truly rabid ones that are beyond saving.

It will be interesting to see how this will work in practice.

My simple minds thinks, OK ,you conquer, give the reins of power to good people and leave. But how do you keep the rats from returning who are probably hiding or left for EU ? Something tells me Russia will need to stay for a bit to babysit the new government. Plus there are other elements in Ukraine who will not like the reshuffling of cards, as they are used to always wining.
I had to come to the conclusion - despite not liking what I see in Syria with the Greater Idlib map remaining in the ISIS-Green for years and years
never changing.. Russia bombing ISIS. ISIS shelling Assads forces. Assad fighting ISIS, and next season it repeats ad nauseam all over again
(and again for long agonizing-annoying years..) - but I had to admit: Russia made it possible for the Assad government to have decision sovereignty and rule and police themselves.
Despite the Syria Turkey-ISIS occupation map not changing for years, at least the Syrian government is carrying out ISIS-mop up operations.
We could argue its because Russia can't bomb the Turk and USA terrorists out of Syria, that's why the roaches come back always..
But at least Russia keeps its pilots combat trained in bombing ISIS and making it possible for Assad's soldiers to clean out the terrorists.
However it is just "running in place". Maybe that's what awaits Ukraine too. A Syria v2.0.
But it could be way worse.
We all want Ukraine liberated and de-Nazified.
But in reality.. what we might get is a Syria v2.0. NATO moving into Lvov ==> North-Western Ukraine and keeping there a UkroNazi Rats Nest forever to feed the Nazi guerilla terrorists all over western Ukraine. Just like USA did in southern Syria with their Al-Tanf "refugee" camp / miliary base ==> holding there Syrian civilians as human body shield doubling as ISIS Protectorate patch, which releases ISIS all year into Syria like Toxic Pollen.

Last edited:
One of the things that nags me about the coverage of this event, are the pictures of people carrying/training with wooden weapons. OK... A nation of 40 million people trains with dummy weapons?

Maybe the PTB don't trust their citizenry with actual weapons; that they might turn the weapons on themselves?

And then there's the news of Germany and other counties sending arms? Again, 40 million people and there isn't sufficient basic weaponry? And Russia is in Ukraine to demilitarize and denazify.... Wouldn't these weapons end up in Russia's hands - either by seizure or surrender?

So, maybe these aspects of coverage, is just the Wests hot air saying: other than nothing, we are making token gestures that make no sense and don't add up. That it is mostly for our consumption and heaped up in piles hoping no one will pick through it.

Back
Top Bottom