Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Unlike Washington and London, Moscow actually cares whether Russia-Ukraine relations are stained for all eternity.
A very large portion of people in Ukraine have more in common with Russia then with the West. Russia remembers this when it's guns are pointed at people who do not see them as the enemy.

I bet the last 10 yrs of governance by the Kiev government has convinced more people that they are governed by outlaws. Sure, there is no way to quantify this, but historic/linguistic/family connections show this best and they span 100's of years. I would go so far as to say that the Ukrainians had it better when in USSR with the Russians then they have now. They had stability but people in general do not like stability, they prefer consumerism. The last 20 yrs. in Ukraine have been anything but stabile. Consumerism is there but at the cost of being run by a corrupt and dangerous government.

Anglos/Euros entering Syria or Iraq had no connection with the local people besides the fact that they share the same human anatomy. Russians entering Ukraine see people that were once their friends. Not prefect friends but there was cooperation. That is a completely different dynamic when it comes to conducting warfare.

In 2013 , in the midst of gas syphoning war, Putin tried to make a deal where he even promised a lower price for the gas. Yes, there were other conditions but he did try to meet the Ukrainians half way. Imagine getting a reduction of gas/oil price from any western producer.
Here’s what we know, which is very little:
  • Mr. Putin called this agreement temporary and said discussions will continue on gas supply to Ukraine and gas transit to Europe.
  • Russia will cut the gas price to Ukraine from well over $400 to $268.50 per thousand cubic meters.
  • Russia will buy $15 billion in Ukrainian government bonds (paid out of Russia’s National Welfare Fund) to save Ukraine from financial default.
Finally, to the extent that Ukraine has been addicted to cheap gas, which has blocked the modernization of its industry, economy and politics, this is a temporary fix, which only prolongs and aggravates the agony. The European alternative would require immediate and painful reforms for a faster and more robust recovery, a choice Mr. Yanukovych rejected.
https://www.csis.org/analysis/ukraine-and-russian-gas-–-never-ending-crisis

Anyone believe that EU would want "a faster and more robust recovery" for Ukraine ?
I don't. EU doesn't want competition. They want a failed state that is addicted to credit like drug addict to drugs. Of course that credit would have to be paid of on the cheap with land or access to resources underground. That's why there is a desire to keep Ukraine in the Western orbit.

After Trump meeting, Ukraine to import U.S. thermal coal for the first time​

By Alessandra Prentice

KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian state-run energy company Centrenergo said on Monday it had struck a deal with U.S. trader Xcoal to import 700,00 tonnes of thermal coal this year - the first time Ukraine has imported the commodity from the United States.

Let me see, there is no one closer than US ???? Classic mafia deal. Who pays ? Ordinary Ukrainians, that's who.

Putin orders military command to put nuclear deterrent forces on 'high alert'

Vladimir Putin has this afternoon ordered Russian nuclear deterrent forces on high alert amid tensions with the West over his invasion of Ukraine.

Mr Putin said leading NATO powers had made "aggressive statements" after he sent thousands of Russian troops into Ukraine on Thursday.

The West has also imposed hard-hitting financial sanctions against Russia, with some targeting the president himself.

Today, Mr Putin ordered the Russian defence minister and the chief of the military's general staff to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a "special regime of combat duty".

Someone commented that the Czech gov. has been shutting down alt. websites. Googling DuckDuck-ing shows nothing. So I took the key words and translated them to Czech and stuck into Google. This is what I found.

Use translation web page to read,

Some comments seem interesting, but translating Czech looks not to be very easy for the algos.
Sorry old video
Impressive, but God, it is long !!!!:-O

He said it

That last name is definitely related to this other famous Shiff but how close ?

Last edited:
I immediately thought of all the Canadians carrying fuel cans to the Convoy Truckers! How funny if the same assistance happened in Ukraine, but I guess that's wishful thinking.
Ukrainians dream of living in the Western Empire. Ukrainians don't like Russians in current time. It is a fact. Ukrainians are very emotional.

When it comes to Zelenskyy, Macron etc. I personally think it is kinda useless to talk about them as if they're much more than what Biden is to the US (quintessential spinless puppets) and ascribe to them any kind of real power, agency, common sense, decency or conscience (unless proven otherwise via actions and not words over the years).
I can understand, if I would be causing you such eye rolls, considering that I wrote:
""Ze", the challenge for him would be to recognize that a lot of pathological individuals have taken over"
I did include "challenge" but was there reason to be even more clear?

I could have written """Ze", the challenge for him would be to recognize, PROVIDED HE IS EVEN CAPABLE OF IT, that a lot of pathological individuals have taken over""

The words to choose depends on the situation. In this case, I wrote on an FB page, where I intended to leave a door open for any stray reader accustomed to the MSM narrative, and in an environment where the voices overall are more aggressive than when people disagreed over COVID. On another page, some participants called others who do not blanket condemn Russia as collaborators, traitors etc. It is difficult to discuss Russia and Ukraine right now. I recall The Crowd by Gustave Le Bon and the videos on mass psychosis. That is all fine, but what to say to whom and how is not easy for me.

Last edited:
Sorry old video
Too bad you removed it as it is interesting in many way. I didn't realize it , but that news conference has the politician who is in the middle of this deal.
The possible sale of Motor Sich -- a maker of engines for missiles, helicopters, and jets -- to the Chinese provoked a raid of its Zaporizhzhya headquarters by Ukraine's Security Service in early 2018 and the seizure of its shares.

The issue has become so important to Washington that U.S. national-security adviser John Bolton said he will raise his "concerns" about the sale during his current visit to Ukraine.

"This is an issue that I think is significant for Ukraine, but [also] significant for the U.S., for Europe, for Japan, for Australia, Canada, other countries," Bolton told RFE/RL in Kyiv on August 27.

This connection I only found when I looked for more information about this deal. That is when I found this TIME Magazine article in which Eric Prince (Blackwater, Xe) was mentioned as well as the politician Derkach who is in the video you provided.
The documents detail several previously unreported ventures that Prince and his partners wanted the Ukrainian government to approve. One proposal would create a new private military company that would draw personnel from among the veterans of the ongoing war in eastern Ukraine. Another deal would build a new munitions factory in Ukraine, while a third would consolidate Ukraine’s leading aviation and aerospace firms into a consortium that could compete with “the likes of Boeing and Airbus.”

At least one of Prince’s offers to Ukraine appeared to be in line with U.S. geopolitical interests. As the Wall Street Journal first reported in Nov. 2019, Prince has been competing against a Chinese firm to buy a Ukrainian factory called Motor Sich, which produces advanced aircraft engines. China sought those engines to develop its air force. The U.S., concerned about the rapid growth of the Chinese military, has long urged Ukraine not to complete the sale. Prince emerged as the American alternative, offering to save the factory from China’s clutches.

But the Ukrainians had serious concerns about working with Prince, according to three people involved in the negotiations. Prince’s choice of allies in Kyiv—two men with ties to Russia—raised particular alarm. His Ukrainian business partner is Andriy Artemenko, who made headlines in 2017 by offering the Trump Administration a “peace plan” for the war in Ukraine that envisioned ways for the U.S. to lift sanctions against Russia. Another Prince ally in Kyiv was Andriy Derkach, a Ukrainian legislator whom the U.S. has accused of being an “active Russian agent.” Both Artemenko and Derkach worked to advance Prince’s business ventures in Ukraine last year.

The deal was not completed. Why is there so much detail in the TIME article ? I suspect because it tries to tie Trump administration to what was going on. Trump's name is all over the article.

Poor Biden, he and his son ,who loves making deals in Ukraine, will have no chance to make this deal happen. Back to Work Joe !!!

I had an interesting discussion with a Russian friend at work. When she was younger, she used to love the TV show with Zelenskyy where he played a normal guy who accidentally became president of Ukraine. Seems like politics in Ukraine is just as ridiculous as it is in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom