Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

When I heard this, i was shaken and deeply, and so upset while driving the subway though Stockholm (until i got good sleep and could wind down from it getting some distance). The thought, that a colleague driver is actively pulling in other colleagues and staff at my work place, into fighting a war which in reality is a meat grinder front - felt outrageous. And, too close for comfort. That something like that happens, or is allowed at a work place, is beyond me.

I mean the guy is a metro driver, but at the same time it appears to be Ok to do a lot of military missions in between (Officially, as a subway driver at the Metro you are not allowed to have any other jobs what so ever). He makes a lot of advertising on his Facebook page as well; for example his recent last trip to Ukraine (before what happened in Poltova though) dressed in military clothes. I do not believe for a moment that he is just a war entusiast. The rabbit hole runs deeper than that.

Is this union employment? What he is doing/saying may not be allowed at the workplace, as you said, and perhaps the employer just does not know? If there are a bunch of you seeing the same thing and it could be determined that the employer does not know, then they would likely take a dim view of it if made aware (strategically somehow).

In the end, you are there to make a living, not be recruited to war.

Is this union employment? What he is doing/saying may not be allowed at the workplace, as you said, and perhaps the employer just does not know? If there are a bunch of you seeing the same thing and it could be determined that the employer does not know, then they would likely take a dim view of it if made aware (strategically somehow).

In the end, you are there to make a living, not be recruited to war.

I agree with you wholly. It simply isn't a place to recruit people going into war ! If the war guy wants to do this on his private time, fine. That's his decision, and so are those who choose to say yes. But not at work !

The whole situation has given me a strong inner conflict; I have refrained to mention anything to my employer - yet. Choosing after a night's sleep, to first think and gauge in this weird situation. The person who told me, who heard / witnessed the conversation (and asked question to the war guy) would be in the direct spotlight, if i reported this.

Second; if the war guy has a higher military channel backup / 'protection' - then our workspace (bosses) likely 'choose' to back him up as well. Regardless rules. They then would use scapegoats instead...

From a moral standpoint, i have no doubts reporting it. (And it would been easier, if I had witnessed the war recruitment conversation directly, and confronting the war guy that 'what the f*** are you doing at our lunchroom like that ?!"). There is another issue: I neither trust my employer (the people in position) nor the Union, though experiences with them in the past:

Just one example that makes things clearer:

During the Corona Plandemic in 2020/21, when our employer chose to twist the governmental recommendations to wear masks, my employer instead changed them into "you must wear a mask". It made me furious to ay the least - breaking the thick walls of my inhibitions: I was the only person who stood up in the company. Wrote to my bosses that they did not have the authority to twist the government's recommendations regarding wearing masks. Especially in the light of (with letter-attached) peer-reviewed studies about the actual dangers of wearing masks, e.g. for a subway driver, which in Sweden is regarded as a special safety job, is really not a good idea. (Due to that masks have the detrimental effect, equivalent as if driving the subway with 0.6 promille alcohol in the blood / due to receiving lower oxygen levels).

Result: Nothing. No answer, Nada. When i took up the subject at the internal board - my entry was erased within 25 minutes. Also; leading members of the union went out loudly at all fronts, pushing (:whistle:"recommending") people to get the jab.

So, no - i do not trust my employer, what so ever.

If he has been to a few places and been out of what would be the comfort zone for most average Swedes, he will have a lot of experience interacting with many different kinds of people. This is another side of war, that people involved, whether they are intrinsically good or bad and whether they support one side or the other, meet others.

It may be odd, but being who he is, open and extrovert, he has offered you an opportunity to observe what many others may either be completely unaware of or at best only be able to conjecture and speculate about. One can imagine that there are such people at higher levels too, although they might be more discreet.

Considering all the dark alleys of modern society, being a mercenary or similar in Ukraine might be bad, but could it not be worse? It always can.

Thank you for making me aware of that, thorbiorn !

The way you put it - has slipped my mind. You are right. Instead of taking this personal, i have the opportunity to learn about other people and the endless forms of manifestations, choices, and nuances in human behaviour. Almost like a study, an experience about human beings. Well, this usually comes gradually to my mind... in hindsight...after some times.

I appreciate the way you expressed it.

- - - -

But... (i am really conflicted about this)

What primarily, fundamentally ticked me off, started the whole situation (in me) is simply this: Here we have a guy, who lures other Swedes, through "advertising" to go into a meat grinder war. Basically offering a ticket of death to them.

My heart said; it is a NO GO !

Whether right or wrong, whether free will or not. It has no place in our lunch room. Then of course, in hindsight i can reflect upon him as a person, his actions, the right and wrongs, the nuances and everything and lear to view it with a certain distance, if possible. I could even ask him in a neutral way how he is thinking. And so on. Sure.

But my innermost heart says: NO ! What just happened, the guy did/does, goes against everything. "You do not offer a death ticket to my colleagues". Basta !

I can't help it.

If they are serious about shooting rockets toward Russia, I think, the West paid and instructed Vahur Karus and his pals to start the experiment: West wants to see if Russia flattens key Estonian military command centers & military industrial facilities with tactical nukes. This way the West can safely get the results of this experiment - from far away wars as they always preferred - only sacrificing disposable Estonia.

Except, according to the new Russian nuclear doctrine (in this specific timeline we are discussing the matter here) Russia can also attack the Western makers and producers of those missiles. And there are a lot of US bases in Europe. Sitting ducks for target practice: either conventional kinetic hypersonic or tactical nukes. Russia decides.
Did not C s say that Russia could blitz attack Baltic countries and that it will make rest of Europe fall silent, and how it is going it is not out of menu.

Russian for "General Winter" is "генерал Зима" and the СМО (Special Military Operation) in Russian will be СВО (Специальная Военная Операция)
Ukraine OCHA
OCHA reports that an overnight attack on Izmail Town in Ukraine's Odesa Region resulted in the deaths and injuries of more than a dozen civilians, including children. Local authorities and aid workers confirmed that the strike also caused significant damage to multiple homes and vehicles.

In the Kherson and Donetsk regions, as well as the city of Kryvyi Rih, authorities say attacks yesterday and today caused nearly 40 civilian casualties, as well as significant damage to homes and infrastructure. In the Kherson and Kharkiv regions, schools and ambulances were affected.

Humanitarian workers have been assisting people affected by these hostilities, including by providing emergency repair materials and psychological support.

Aid organizations also continue to deliver assistance to hard-to-reach areas near the front line. Today, an inter-agency convoy reached a community in the Kharkiv Region, where attacks have severely damaged homes and infrastructure. They delivered hygiene supplies and support to help residents prepare for the coming winter.

What primarily, fundamentally ticked me off, started the whole situation (in me) is simply this: Here we have a guy, who lures other Swedes, through "advertising" to go into a meat grinder war. Basically offering a ticket of death to them.

My heart said; it is a NO GO !

Whether right or wrong, whether free will or not. It has no place in our lunch room. Then of course, in hindsight i can reflect upon him as a person, his actions, the right and wrongs, the nuances and everything and lear to view it with a certain distance, if possible. I could even ask him in a neutral way how he is thinking. And so on. Sure.

But my innermost heart says: NO ! What just happened, the guy did/does, goes against everything. "You do not offer a death ticket to my colleagues". Basta !

I can't help it.
The subject isn't directly related to the thread, but I'd like to give Xpan an example from my own experience a few years ago as a team leader in a pruning business in northern Corsica.
Despite the company's good turnover, the guys thought they weren't paid enough, were working too many hours... In short, the atmosphere at work was always complaining.
On a certain Friday after work, just before a long weekend, I took advantage of the fact that everyone was relaxed to have a word with them and the boss, because personally I didn't have any particular complaints.
As the discussion became more and more intense with the boss, a nationalist Corsican (I should point out that there were only two non-Corsican employees among the ten or so of us), I turned to my workmates... they had all moved away and were doing their usual chatting amongst themselves, and by the time I was defending their steak, there wasn't a rat in sight, there were no more complaints, everything was fine.
I tried to explain the situation to the boss, but he didn't listen any more, and I was gradually pushed aside, especially a few days later, there was a heavy snowfall, with melting and frost in the morning, I took a patch of ice to the first hour in the morning with the company's off-road vehicle, several rollovers, I was lucky enough to end up against a wall and not at the bottom of the mountain.
After that everyone was happy, except me! 😸

So make a clear distinction between what you want/need and what your colleagues really want/need, and aren't they themselves capable of seeing the abnormality of the situation?
The ‘problem’ can be solved with colleagues who have the same considerations as you, or else it's always more complicated than we think!

What primarily, fundamentally ticked me off, started the whole situation (in me) is simply this:

"If we can recognize predators, and the prey signals we're giving up, maybe we can stop being prey?" Harrisson Koelhi in :

The subject isn't directly related to the thread, but I'd like to give Xpan an example from my own experience a few years ago as a team leader in a pruning business in northern Corsica.

I didn't know where to put it - but thought, because it was/is closely related to the Ukrainian / Russian war, it would fit best in here. Albeit with the risk that it may produce noise - which is however not my intention to do !

Oh wait, you meant your story isn't related to the war ? Ooops. I have to read things several times... in order (possibly) to understand.

The story about one military involved colleague during paid work hours in the lunchroom, actively recruiting swedes to go into war, is barely known among the staff. I regard such activity violating entirely the human 'rules' at the company. Well, me thinking like that... *LOL*

I do suspect that the others kind of... don't care ? (assumption).

@Corvus

"Did not C s say that Russia could blitz attack Baltic countries and that it will make rest of Europe fall silent, and how it is going it is not out of menu."

I found this on the subject: (24 June of 2022)

(L) Is it still going to expand outside Ukraine?

A: Indeed. But many belligerants will fold rapidly.

Q: (Joe) No doubt. Is it likely to be one of the Baltic states?

A: Possible. Think real shock and awe.

Oh wait, Yes, it is indeed mine and nothing but my story that is not related!you meant your story isn't related to the war ? Ooops. I have to read things several times... in order (possibly) to understand.
Yes, it is indeed mine and nothing but my story that is not related!

Did not C s say that Russia could blitz attack Baltic countries and that it will make rest of Europe fall silent.
Putin announced "we now have weapons based on 'New Principles of Physics'" and the Western psychos still dare to attack Russia, because they haven't seen a nuclear version yet? Hypersonic kinetic blast from high altitude I think is a good probability, without the ionizing radiation of a nuke.

I agree with Ryan, Xpan and Youlik and axj that conventional strikes will be first. Even if Russia's MoD decides on tactical nukes, those probably will be with limited nuclear fallout via bunker-busting Kinzhal, exploding mostly underground: to purposely make the ionizing radiation contained. Yet blast force enough to annihilate US / NATO base.

Back
Top Bottom