"Puzzling People" by Thomas Sheridan - a puzzling person

Re: Thomas Sheridan and John Lash on the con-artists/useful idiots in the alt. media

Yeah I have heard him talk about it in a couple interviews/lectures where he says that what a psychopath is is basically a predatory consciousness that is using a normal human body. He says that he has examined all the material on psychopathy and there is no evidence that it is genetic. He talks about it here at 10:24:
_http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2011/06/RIR-110626.php

Re: Thomas Sheridan and John Lash on the con-artists/useful idiots in the alt. media

Masamune said:
Yeah I have heard him talk about it in a couple interviews/lectures where he says that what a psychopath is is basically a predatory consciousness that is using a normal human body. He says that he has examined all the material on psychopathy and there is no evidence that it is genetic. He talks about it here at 10:24:

Hmm... "a predatory consciousness using a human body." Now that's about as weird as UFOs or channeling so it seems to me to be a case of straining at gnats and swallowing camels here.

Laura said:
Masamune said:

Hmm... "a predatory consciousness using a human body." Now that's about as weird as UFOs or channeling so it seems to me to be a case of straining at gnats and swallowing camels here.

Couldn't agree more - which also suggests that something else is amiss there...

anart said:
Couldn't agree more - which also suggests that something else is amiss there...

Yes, by discounting the genetic component, he becomes effectively a tool in the hand of psychopaths, enabling them to label and blame all kinds of people who have only suffered societal injury or are struggling souls. Also, it is quite true, as we have determined by direct experience, that the really good ones can NEVER be spotted, they can only be discerned by the absence of their shadow, so to say, and with a network of observers.

Laura said:
Masamune said:

"a predatory consciousness using a human body" yes that sounds almost like spirit possession or something like that.

Deedlet said:
"a predatory consciousness using a human body" yes that sounds almost like spirit possession or something like that.

That's exactly what he's suggesting, which is why, early on, he kept referring to them as demons. He seems to believe that they are possessed, not that they are born.

anart said:
Deedlet said:

That's exactly what he's suggesting, which is why, early on, he kept referring to them as demons. He seems to believe that they are possessed, not that they are born.

Interesting considering his latest youtube video, which I thought was a little bizarre and off a bit. Basically he's saying 'okay you psychopaths, the message is out and now people know about you. so how about you just go back to where ever it is that you came from':

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q11ETseBoEc

It was the way he was addressing them that I thought was a bit strange. Plus there is a ways to go as far as general awareness about psychopathy goes. And he knows psychopaths could care less...right?!

He's also pretty big on creative people (specifically artists and such) being intuitively right about their insights on the world.. which I also think somewhat strange considering how deformed we all are from psychopathic culture, AND that psychopathic culture lives off people trusting those deformed instincts.

Shane said:
He's also pretty big on creative people (specifically artists and such) being intuitively right about their insights on the world.. which I also think somewhat strange considering how deformed we all are from psychopathic culture, AND that psychopathic culture lives off people trusting those deformed instincts.

Finally reading 'Unholy Hungers' with its tiny little section on "audience-performer" vampirism really expanded this notion viscerally for me. I read it right after I read Sheridan's first book, 'Puzzling People.' I am realizing that I have been projecting the principles that I have come into contact via this group/work onto Sheridan's work, and I responded quite positively to his lecture on creativity. I even defended his lecture using the above notion you've mentioned here Shane, suggesting that it was implicit in his overall work, when some friends of mine sniffed out something "off" about his sense of self-assurance in this area. It is a huge danger, and really is like building a table (however beautiful and well crafted) but forgetting the legs. I have a lot to assimilate into my being before I can reign in my vampire. I appreciate so much being in contact with people here who have been practicing 'thinking with a hammer' with much more subtlety than I have yet to muster.

Shane said:
Interesting considering his latest youtube video, which I thought was a little bizarre and off a bit. Basically he's saying 'okay you psychopaths, the message is out and now people know about you. so how about you just go back to where ever it is that you came from':

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q11ETseBoEc

It was the way he was addressing them that I thought was a bit strange. Plus there is a ways to go as far as general awareness about psychopathy goes. And he knows psychopaths could care less...right?!

Wow, just watched this video. It is troubling, indeed. "We won't come looking for you, if you don't come looking for us," he says. To claim endgame because the word "psychopath" is on a lot of people's lips is so silly. Psychopathy will not go away. Our relationship to it will change as awareness grows, but one thing we have here is that the "battle" between being and non-being doesn't go away as we head up the scale of cosmic evolution. If anything, it becomes more direct in 4D if I am beginning to understand what the Cs are communicating. This is crucial!

There is no Poof! and its gone disappearing act. Wishful thinking feeds the lie, and will always feed the lie.

SethianSeth said:
Wow, just watched this video. It is troubling, indeed. "We won't come looking for you, if you don't come looking for us," he says. To claim endgame because the word "psychopath" is on a lot of people's lips is so silly. Psychopathy will not go away. Our relationship to it will change as awareness grows, but one thing we have here is that the "battle" between being and non-being doesn't go away as we head up the scale of cosmic evolution. If anything, it becomes more direct in 4D if I am beginning to understand what the Cs are communicating. This is crucial!

There is no Poof! and its gone disappearing act. Wishful thinking feeds the lie, and will always feed the lie.

Yes. And to claim that they are "afraid" because they are being exposed is really not grokking the nature of the beast. That's what makes psychopaths what they are: that they have no ability to understand space/time concepts, including future pain/impact of anything. Saying that a psychopath is "afraid" is basically saying that such an individual is NOT a psychopath!

Laura said:
SethianSeth said:

Yes. And to claim that they are "afraid" because they are being exposed is really not grokking the nature of the beast. That's what makes psychopaths what they are: that they have no ability to understand space/time concepts, including future pain/impact of anything. Saying that a psychopath is "afraid" is basically saying that such an individual is NOT a psychopath!

I agree with all of the above.

That was a bizarre video.
I am almost finishing his "Puzzling people" book, and although he does bring up some good points, overall he comes across to me as too self-assured. He has lists of psychopathic traits, for example, that I have no idea of where, how, when he got them. He doesn't really do a good job in backing up his claims, which isn't great if you're trying to wake up people to a reality they have never even heard of.
He also doesn't distinguish between psychopaths nor characteropaths, and judging from his video it seems that for him all narcissists and people with more obvious distortions are all and essentially the same: psychopaths. I wonder what he'd have thought of me had he met me 15 years ago....

And the "everyone is talking about psychopaths, so it's over" (for them) , well, maybe within his little niche of acquaintances, because even though there are a great deal more of books and documentaries about it now then there were before, the vast majority of people can't yet even grasp the concept of psychopathy.
Him presenting conjectures as facts, both in his book and in this video, doesn't do him a favor either.

My 2 cents...

here is the most recent post of Sheridan on Facebook about UFO 's and other non existent (in his view) intelligent live in the Universe and chanelling :

Forget for a minute you ever saw an episode of Star Trek, watched a Star Wars movie or any other form of popular mass culture portraying aliens from other planets...

The whole idea of there being more intelligent and more advanced civilizations out there is space is completely groundless when you look objectively and unemotionally at the evidence. Not so much a repeating blip on a radio telescope to indicate other civilizations out there.

Even less evidence of aliens having visited earth in spacecraft. None actually. So why do hundreds of millions of people believe this to be real? One answer: Mass media entertainment being confused with reality. How many people who believe David Icke's Reptilians theory saw the TV mini-series V when they were kids? Would they be so accepting of Reptilians in human skin if the TV show V never passed through their consciouness during their formative years?

I am starting to seriously consider that we are truly alone in the universe. Certainly there is no good evidence of any value we can point to other than there are lots of stars out there.

But so what? There is lots of ocean on this planet and no humanoid or other-style higher intelligence developed there - even though the oceans are actually more able to evolve multi-celled organisms due to the higher concentrations of raw materials, energy and elements within the oceans. Yet we on land, are the only ones who managed it. And when we turn to look and listen to the cosmos there is nothing but total silence. Half a century of listening to nothing which may suggest other civilisations on other planets.

Maybe this whole thing of the "space brothers coming to save us" is just another religious movement? Are people who claim to channel aliens anymore credible than storefront preachers who claim God speaks directly to them?

This "exclusive" hotline to the stars or heaven has been looked upon with extreme caution by both indigenous and even mainstream religious folks. Mainly because every single indigenous culture warns us that channeling is messages derived from "demonic" (I have no idea what that is myself) entities with a deep hated of humans. They voices love to deceive and play tricks - telling people they are everything from the Archangel Michael to Galactic Brothers to God himself.

The people who claim these channeling powers then develop a kind of God complex themselves. They glory and revel in their unquestioning followers who hang onto their every word - waiting for the next channel.

It becomes a kind of personal and social stagnant negative feedback loop where the chaneller can't walk away from this special, evangelical image they have of themselves - while the people who wait for the latest message lose track of their own personal responsibility and hand their personal destiny over to the voices.

Yet, if you look at the historic records and even the traditions of native wisdom, the legacy and warnigns they give us are loud and clear. The voices ALWAYS lie, they play games and they feed the "truth" the listeners long for.

The Islamic world called them the Djinn, the Gnostics called them the Archons and the Celtic people's called them the Pooka. Regardless of the culture, the message from every corner of the world is the same: channeling is a bullshit hotline to the 'demon world' - and that's all you ever get. Bullshit.

Dangerous bullshit - even if the channeller is really hearing voices and being genuine. In a scientific context it is called schizophrenia - the voices in the head. No good can come of it or ever has. All have been lied to by the voices and yet today - more than ever - many people accept ever utterance as the truth of higher entites giving them valuable advice through channellers who just expect unconditionally devotion and tragically, often get it.

Be careful. The ancients knew what they were talking about. They never looked to the stars for answers. They look within their own souls.

Pointing to a billion stars in the sky is proof of nothing other than there are a billion stars in the sky. The problems and struggles we face are earthly one. Let's worry about this first. I am sure the space brothers and sisters if they exist at all have their own shit to deal with and wouldn't be bothered with us and our problems down here.

Just think about it.

Oh Lord, he's doing exactly what Lobaczewski warned against: taking the fundie/judgmental/moralizing view.

another comment from Sheridan under the post:

I am phrasing everything as an open question - not issuing orders to people.

Unlike these channelers, I do not hand over any sense of personal responsibility/outcome in the hands of magical beings who may or may not be real.

If anything negative results from channeling the old "devil made me do it" card can be produced. Hence why I will never trust anyone who channels.

They answer to no one but themselves and it is a bullshiting con artist's dream come true.[/
quote]

If some new forum member would write what Sheridan writes here, I guess it would be move rather quickly to the Baked Noodle section.

I am sure the space brothers and sisters if they exist at all have their own -shite- to deal with and wouldn't be bothered with us and our problems down here.

That applies to the cows looking at the farmer and saying he has other worries then them the cows, like schoolfees, taxes, his morgage on his farm, etc... these worries might induce him to take out the agression provoked by these worries on the cows though - and in the end, worries or not, the cows still end up on the dinner plate.

Back
Top Bottom