"Puzzling People" by Thomas Sheridan - a puzzling person

Re: Thomas Sheridan and John Lash on the con-artists/useful idiots in the alt. media

Alejo said:
he said this:
-flick- off Humberto and stop polluting my wall with this crazy cult -shite-. Do something useful like get me a pizza and beer. This woman does nothing but ad homimine attacks when you read that board. Get you head out of your arse.

Just go and -flicking- leave or stay and become a -flicking- man.

Spoken like a true 'man'.

Re: Thomas Sheridan and John Lash on the con-artists/useful idiots in the alt. media

Pashalis said:
here is another example:

Regina Sebright: Wow! I have just been accused of being a psychopath in the Cassiopean group...I joined as I like "out there" info.There was a post attacking Carl Ruppert and I questioned it, defending his right to say what he wants, and their hypocrisy in attacking his right to free speech and calling him a "spook"...not one measured response...just attacks on my integrity and "Answer my question!" stuff...like being in an inquisition. So I am now out of there...they revealed themselves very clearly.

I'm searching and searching but can't find her supposed posting and/or banning here....
and Thomas is of course liking such statements before checking if they are actually true

which makes you think if it wasn't on purpose, something like.."im gonna start a mess over here.. go and check what they say over there and come back and report.." type deal.. i mean she got responses explaining the difference between having an opinion and having an intent to defame.. it should be clear to anyone open to the truth, that that it's absolutely not the case with Thomas.. he's just a guy behaving in a teenage-like fashion

Laura said:
Well, ya'll know that I thought Thomas was a fresh new voice in the effort to bring awareness to others, but it seems that there is something terribly wrong with the picture that is slowly revealing itself. According to a number of individuals who have sent me information, he has quite a checkered past on the internet and spent some time scrubbing things that could be scrubbed. But apparently, enough was left that call his entire position into question. I have all this material but I've been waiting to see which way things blow with him. Obviously, anyone can have a checkered past and grow up and repent it and change for the better. But is that what he is doing? I dunno. He does say many things that are eminently sensible, and then he goes and says stuff that just makes you go "HUH?!" I'm still sitting back and observing and taking notes.

Probably this post might have worked as scratch.

When I saw the crap Sheridan posted about Laura and crew, I immediately un-friended him.
Now I can't keep up with the thread on his page. :headbash:
To me, he seemed to be an extreme personality; it's "only this" and can be nothing else and you are an idiot if you disagree.
People like that rub me the wrong way.

Wow :O

I guess reading these exchanges by this man is like watching the Titanic go down. He seems to be sinking into the abyss, to be swallowed in hate and fear. Is this the birth of a minor psychopath, or am I not seeing this clearly? The defamation though is truly a sign of desperation. I've never witnessed anyone melt down like that before- it's almost creepy.

Alejo said:
Pashalis said:
here is another example:

Regina Sebright: Wow! I have just been accused of being a psychopath in the Cassiopean group...I joined as I like "out there" info.There was a post attacking Carl Ruppert and I questioned it, defending his right to say what he wants, and their hypocrisy in attacking his right to free speech and calling him a "spook"...not one measured response...just attacks on my integrity and "Answer my question!" stuff...like being in an inquisition. So I am now out of there...they revealed themselves very clearly.

I'm searching and searching but can't find her supposed posting and/or banning here....
and Thomas is of course liking such statements before checking if they are actually true

which makes you think if it wasn't on purpose, something like.."im gonna start a mess over here.. go and check what they say over there and come back and report.." type deal.. i mean she got responses explaining the difference between having an opinion and having an intent to defame.. it should be clear to anyone open to the truth, that that it's absolutely not the case with Thomas.. he's just a guy behaving in a teenage-like fashion

I must be missing something because I don't see where she was called a psychopath. :huh:

And, once again, we see the proof of what G said about seeing the true character of a person once they have left the group.

QuantumLogic said:

I guess reading these exchanges by this man is like watching the Titanic go down. He seems to be sinking into the abyss, to be swallowed in hate and fear. Is this the birth of a minor psychopath, or am I not seeing this clearly? The defamation though is truly a sign of desperation. I've never witnessed anyone melt down like that before- it's almost creepy.

when it's something like this.. it is shocking to see it happening, however i do not really care for someone that displays such behavior disintegrate, what is really interesting to observe is how he can carry so many people into a discussion-free zone, where nothing gets discussed or challenged... all he has gotten in response by anyone is pretty much a.."oh yeah man!!!" which also explains why he's feeding it on and on..he has gotten so far at least 100 comments of people essentially agreeing with him..curiously he writes about psychopaths, but he seems to enjoy the total attention of everyone possible, and anyone who disagrees.. gets a "F off!", funny he started the thread with accusations of cult, ironically i don't think his flock of agreeing-commenters know what a cult is...

Approaching Infinity said:
anart said:
Fascinating reaction...

Yet not unexpected... I was amused to read his reaction to my post (in response to that of Pashalis):

Did you see the mad bastard who implied my love of Pizza and Beer was suspect...just to show his love for the leader!

Talk about selection and substitution of premises!

Yep, fascinating but certainly not surprising. Observing his FB posts over the past months, it was just a matter of time. The way he feeds off his venting and from the support he get by his "friends" who also have an anger projection feast is just too obvious. It is mildly amusing on some level if it wouldn't be for the fact that he wrote a book about Psychopathy while at the same time exposing his own pathological issues, grounded in some serious self-importance and lack of critical thinking.

He also wrote:
I tell people to question everything I say and do their own research. I want friends who are cynical and questioning as they become the greatest allies in time. I am here to be argued with and corrected when I am wrong. I do not pass the buck to imaginary voices.

Ahem....isn't that what this thread is about? Questioning what he's saying and doing our own research? :rolleyes:

I love it how anyone who disagrees with him or tries to give some more objective input (as Humberto did) is being told to f*** off. So much for his offer to be "corrected".

At least he found his "allies", I suppose.

Well, something scratched him and now we and others who read this FB thread can see him for who he truly is.

"A decent man will behave decently even if he thinks that he has been treated unjustly or wrongly. But many people in such circumstances show a side of their nature which otherwise they would never show. And at times it is a necessary means for exposing a man's nature. So long as you are good to a man he is good to you. But what will he be like if you scratch him a little?" - G.I. Gurdjieff

Bar Kochba said:
When I saw the crap Sheridan posted about Laura and crew, I immediately un-friended him.
Now I can't keep up with the thread on his page. :headbash:
To me, he seemed to be an extreme personality; it's "only this" and can be nothing else and you are an idiot if you disagree.
People like that rub me the wrong way.

But oddly, that's what he accuses us of!

seek10 said:
Laura said:
Well, ya'll know that I thought Thomas was a fresh new voice in the effort to bring awareness to others, but it seems that there is something terribly wrong with the picture that is slowly revealing itself. According to a number of individuals who have sent me information, he has quite a checkered past on the internet and spent some time scrubbing things that could be scrubbed. But apparently, enough was left that call his entire position into question. I have all this material but I've been waiting to see which way things blow with him. Obviously, anyone can have a checkered past and grow up and repent it and change for the better. But is that what he is doing? I dunno. He does say many things that are eminently sensible, and then he goes and says stuff that just makes you go "HUH?!" I'm still sitting back and observing and taking notes.

Probably this post might have worked as scratch.

I reckon. Like I said, because I was supporting and promoting him, several people have sent me a raft of stuff about his past which I just sort of thought "huh? People can change..." and figured that he must have changed. But it seems that he may not have changed at all, he just found a "niche" where he could get fame, control over others, and most definitely money: being a psychopath "expert".

The key thing about all this material is that it is not what somebody else was/is saying about Sheridan, it is his own words. That was what disturbed me the most. I would have just tossed it aside completely if it had been rants about him by some disaffected individual who didn't agree with him or felt offended by him. One thing the material does reveal is that he preys on women. Again, I felt that he could have "seen the error of his ways, he was just acting like an ordinary bloke playing his way through life, and now he was serious and trying to help people." So I've been sitting on this stuff for some time now hoping, against hope, that Sheridan is what he claimed he is: a crusader against psychopathy.

[quote author=Laura]So I've been sitting on this stuff for some time now hoping, against hope, that Sheridan is what he claimed he is: a crusader against psychopathy.[/quote]

Something like a straw man?

This kind of feels like a divide and conquer set up on the battlefield. Maybe he is being paid.

Nienna Eluch said:
And, once again, we see the proof of what G said about seeing the true character of a person once they have left the group.

Thomas was never 'in the group', he just signed up here to lift research for compiling his first book.

it is sad to say the least and kind of disturbing that Thomas Sheridan who should know better after all his research into Psychopath

If you've read Puzzling People, you'll see that it's basically a copy-paste of posts made here and elsewhere by Laura and others.

The more 'original' material in his second book is largely drivel. He rants against the concept of psychopaths being born that way, saying instead that they just "grow the brains they need", or something nonsensical to that effect, then makes ludicrous assertions about being able to spot psychopaths by their "eccentric music collections."

He goes on and on about being an artist, being creative and now a "punk rock psychologist". I find some of his paintings to be nice but underneath that veneer is a disgusting, pathetic creature who has just outed himself.

Don Genaro said:
A comment he made later in the thread:

I predict that I will go down and the one person she should of never picked on. I am from the ghetto, I have survived UFV carbombs and lived on the streets of New York. I am not some poncy New Age head who can't fight.

That's hilarious, "survived UFV carbombs". He can't even get the acronym right. And the event he's probably referring to, and it was one car bomb, not "car bombs" happened 40 years ago, when he was a kid, so I doubt he "survived it" in the way he is suggesting. He's full of faux bravado. He also regularly makes spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes when speaking, which seems to be a common trait of the psychopath.

Perceval said:
Don Genaro said:
A comment he made later in the thread:

I predict that I will go down and the one person she should of never picked on. I am from the ghetto, I have survived UFV carbombs and lived on the streets of New York. I am not some poncy New Age head who can't fight.

That's hilarious, "survived UFV carbombs". He can't even get the acronym right. And the event he's probably referring to, and it was one car bomb, not "car bombs" happened 40 years ago, when he was a kid, so I doubt he "survived it" in the way he is suggesting. He's full of faux bravado. He also regularly makes spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes when speaking, which seems to be a common trait of the psychopath.
In addition to that, being from the ghetto is not some unusual circumstance. Many people are as they exist everywhere. If approached rightly, it should build one's character not destroy it.

Alejo said:
QuantumLogic said:

when it's something like this.. it is shocking to see it happening, however i do not really care for someone that displays such behavior disintegrate, what is really interesting to observe is how he can carry so many people into a discussion-free zone, where nothing gets discussed or challenged... all he has gotten in response by anyone is pretty much a.."oh yeah man!!!" which also explains why he's feeding it on and on..he has gotten so far at least 100 comments of people essentially agreeing with him..curiously he writes about psychopaths, but he seems to enjoy the total attention of everyone possible, and anyone who disagrees.. gets a "F off!", funny he started the thread with accusations of cult, ironically i don't think his flock of agreeing-commenters know what a cult is...

To say that he is disintegrating or going down sort of implies that he had some degree of 'integration' (or should that be integrity?) in the first place. But having read some of the stuff he posted on the web in the past, I think this is just a case of a mask falling apart. He was always after the fame and glory and psychopathy just happened to be the subject he thought would be the ticket (in a sad irony). I mean, he is quite transparent with his delusions of grandeur. From his FB:

Thomas Sheridan said:
I am going to reach millions of people with my work... The whole world is waiting for me.

I think Laura has been way too kind to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kniall said:
If you've read Puzzling People, you'll see that it's basically a copy-paste of posts made here and elsewhere by Laura and others.

Not to mention that the book is incredibly disorganized and all over the place. I don't even know why he bothered to divide it into chapters. So even as a copy-paste job it wasn't a very good one.

Back
Top Bottom