Quotes

This is a quote from Arthur Koestler on how full-blown fascism can arise incrementally in a society that is supposedly a “democracy”, or in one that has freedoms supposedly guaranteed by its Constitution:
We always think of fascism as of something solid, palpably different from our forms of life. It would be more correct to compare it with a gas which can be put into any container regardless of its shape. And once you get into the habit of living amidst a moderate amount of stink you won’t notice it when you become completely poisoned. The danger is not that we may wake up one morning to find a fascist world; that would be easy to prevent. The danger is that we went to bed the previous night in a world which was already turning fascist without our noticing it.
- Arthur Koestler, The Yogi and the Commissar and other Essays. London: Jonathan Cape, 1945, page 114.

images

The fear really hits you. That's what you feel first. And then it's the anger and frustration. Part of the problem is how little we understand about the ultimate betrayal of the body when it rebels against itself.
From wiki:
"Bronson was the first member of his family to graduate from high school.
As a young child, Bronson did not initially know how to speak English and only learned it in his teens. He spoke Polish at home.
Bronson's father died when he was 10, and he went to work in the coal mines.
Initially, Bronson worked in the office of a coal mine, later in the mine itself.
He worked there until he entered military service during World War II.
He earned $1 per ton of coal mined.
His family was so poor that, at one time, he reportedly had to wear his sister's dress to school because he had nothing else to wear.
In 1943, Bronson enlisted in the United States Army Air Forces and served as an aerial gunner in the 760th Flexible Gunnery Training Squadron, and in 1945 as a B-29 Superfortress crewman with the 39th Bombardment Group based on Guam.
He was awarded a Purple Heart for wounds received during his service."

Why isn't this f%$ker on the dollar bill? He's earned it.

c.a., why do you reduce the size of the text to such a small size that it's hard to read? You do it fairly often.

Nienna said:
c.a., why do you reduce the size of the text to such a small size that it's hard to read? You do it fairly often.

Continuity. Small lettering has always conveyed a stronger message IMHO. I can only explain explain it, as just perhaps as a preference.

No intent to knee jerk anyone, just don't care for over dramatization using so much space.

Here's one of Seth Rich’s final posts on Redditt which he said had been a guiding quote for him since he was 16.

“There are a thousand and one gates leading into the orchard of mystical truth. Every human being has his own gate. We must never make the mistake of wanting to enter the orchard by any gate but our own. To do this is dangerous for the one who enters and also for those who are already there”

_http://bigleaguepolitics.com/video-emerges-seth-rich-questioning-ballot-integrity/

Stumbled upon this quote:

"We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger." ~Tad Williams

B.Brecht:

And they sawed the branches on which they were sitting, while shouting their experiences with each other to saw more efficiently.

And they tumbled into the depths.

And those who saw them nodded and continued to saw vigorously.

Graffiti painted in large letters on a wall in Philadelphia about 30 years ago:

"Atlantis is sinking, but Paradise is not lost. "

SevenFeathers said:

Wow, I totally want that on a t-shirt!!!

Ant22 said:
SevenFeathers said:

Wow, I totally want that on a t-shirt!!!
Is there a place to suggest quotes for Revolt! clothing?

Here's a quote I just found in a comment on Youtube:

In his book “Yearning for the impossible” one my favourite authors John Stillwell says “…mathematics is a story of close encounters with the impossible and all its great discoveries are close encounters with the impossible.” I hope you like the examples of such close encounters in this video.

This strikes a chord with me because it seems like mathematics may hold some very real secrets regarding the relationship between the infinite and the finite.

Here's the video (it's about dividing by zero and how that can make sense in some contexts):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc0M1o8tuPo

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

Thanks Oxajil for sharing it, its beautiful, and am going to write it down and put where I can see it every single day .

Great pertinent quote:

“Great scientists tolerate ambiguity very well. They believe the theory enough to go
ahead; they doubt it enough to notice the errors and faults so they can step forward and
create the new replacement theory. If you believe too much you’ll never notice the flaws;
if you doubt too much you won’t get started. It requires a lovely balance.”

RICHARD HAMMING (YOU AND YOUR RESEARCH, 1986)

zak said:
B.Brecht:

And they sawed the branches on which they were sitting, while shouting their experiences with each other to saw more efficiently.

And they tumbled into the depths.

And those who saw them nodded and continued to saw vigorously.

Awesome! (...Porco!!...)

There was never a wise old man who was not also a young fool.

Back
Top Bottom