Recommended Reiki Master?

dant

The Living Force
I would like a referral for a trusted and good Reki Master,
Recommendations please?

For a friend: NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
For me: Portland, Oregon

Thanks!

Likewise here in Middle Earth. Have been trying to find a trusted and good Reiki Master, but being fairly new here still, am hoping that someone can point one out to me.

Thanks in advance.

It would be difficult, unless someone knew a Reiki Master personally in your area to determine - but the way I went about it was to experiment. I figured I'd get a treatment from different people in my area before seeking an attunement. Luckly, the first women that gave me a treatement made me feel like I was walking on air afterwards, and the next couple of days as well. It was quite an experience. I had my attunement from her several years ago and still use Reiki. There are different Reiki directories on the net but no doubt there is a mixture of 'noise and signal' within.

As there is near zero chance to meet Reiki master in person where i live, i searched all local bookstores for a reiki manual. But all of books i saw don't have any reiki symbols displayed which could give a clue whether Reiki from particular source is original or inversion (from Wave). Does anybody know if there is other possibility to figure out how genuine is Reiki source (based only on book text) if lineage is not mentioned? Thanks, everybody!

Yeah I'm with CarpeDiem on this ... how to know from books - books are more common than real masters afterall ...

Wel, 1 am looking too for a Reiki master.

I read on casschat that a master from the Reiki Alliance would be best.

And i read on the wave book that a level taken from an inadequte master can erase what we have already acquired.

Does-il mean that we have to find a master from the Reiki alliance and who has just that formation?

Essiental Reiki - Diane Stein.

i didnt read much of it, mostly - took mental pictures of the 'symbols' and could only very vaguely recall one of them. got it @ banes and nobles few years ago, none of what i read in it really stuck and im a skimmer till i read something that 'hits' me, then i ll read slowly.

just tossed it out, garbage guy comes on friday.

~mrbt

I don't know many Reiki masters so I can only recommend the one I learn from. Her website is http://www.reiki.com.au/. I attended a Reiki I seminar from her nearly 2 years ago and have been using it since then with very good result. Unfortunately, it seems that she doesn't conduct many seminars in the US.

The Reiki master that you are suggesting, Barbara McGregor, is not part of the Reiki Alliance. Her master Beth Gray was not a member of the Reiki alliance either and claimed herself to be the Grand master of Reiki. She was titulated 'reverend' and often described as a saint :rolleyes:

When I read Laura's story in the Wave series it reminded me of this other Reiki group.

Barbara McGregor is BIG business and in my experience fears anybody else teaching Reiki. That was my experience, while teaching Reiki in HK in 1991.

Even being a member of the Reiki Alliance is not a guarantee that the teacher is bone fide and hence it is hard to point to someone for all the people wanting to learn Reiki.

The work here on this site on ponerology and psychopaths is helpful if not essential as it teaches to see the unseen and how to discern. When choosing, pay attention to the details and to the 'going ons' around the teacher.

Anders

hoangmphung said:
I don't know many Reiki masters so I can only recommend the one I learn from. Her website is http://www.reiki.com.au/. I attended a Reiki I seminar from her nearly 2 years ago and have been using it since then with very good result. Unfortunately, it seems that she doesn't conduct many seminars in the US.

Wow...

I guess I am apalled because it seems there is so little and so few Reiki masters as of yet,
one being Laura herself. It would seem to be a bit too far to travel from Portland, Oregon
to France to meet Laura, assuming she had the time to do/teach Reiki which of course is
not possible (but I won't short-circuit myself from asking anyway :) )

I know there are people out there, including this russian friend who is/are soliciting the services
of a 'book trained' Reiki practioner, making claims of exorcising "bad dudes" and recognizing
"good dudes" by simply by discerning from "cold, dark, shadow beings" from "warm, light,
glowing beings" potentially snaring a dupe a minute.

Well.. I will keep watching this post - hopefully someone, somewhere will offer their services
or recommendations here.

- Still waiting -

Dant said:
Well.. I will keep watching this post - hopefully someone, somewhere will offer their services or recommendations here.
Who already knows how to utilize power of discernment to peel onion of Reiki, don't asking you to give a direct answer. But you do know Esop language, don't you? Please, give us a hint, so, hopefully we could exercise our brains collectively here trying to figure it out.

Anders said:
The Reiki master that you are suggesting, Barbara McGregor, is not part of the Reiki Alliance. Her master Beth Gray was not a member of the Reiki alliance either and claimed herself to be the Grand master of Reiki. She was titulated 'reverend' and often described as a saint :rolleyes:

When I read Laura's story in the Wave series it reminded me of this other Reiki group.

Barbara McGregor is BIG business and in my experience fears anybody else teaching Reiki. That was my experience, while teaching Reiki in HK in 1991.

Even being a member of the Reiki Alliance is not a guarantee that the teacher is bone fide and hence it is hard to point to someone for all the people wanting to learn Reiki.

The work here on this site on ponerology and psychopaths is helpful if not essential as it teaches to see the unseen and how to discern. When choosing, pay attention to the details and to the 'going ons' around the teacher.

Anders
Anders,

As you noted yourself, a Reiki Alliance membership doesn't guarantee a teacher to be a genuine Reiki master so I don't see the point of your mentioning it. All I know is that Barbara McGregor has a clear and close lineage to Takata. That's the most important since there are many fake Reiki masters out there (I wasted my money one one before learning from Barbara). I also never heard Beth Gray being described as a saint before, except from you.

I agree that Barbara's seminars is big business. Her point is that charging a large sum will make people appreciate the Reiki they learn and use it. While I don't agree with that, I had no problem paying the seminar fee, which I think is worth it.

Your last comment seems to be an attempt to associate Barbara with psychopathy and ponerology. This is manipulative to the extreme. Is the reason because you are also teaching Reiki but not as successful as her? For a prospective Reiki student, the only dealing with Barbara would be paying the required fee and attending a 3-day seminar. After that, there is zero, none, nil, zip, nada contact whatsoever. So I don't see why a study of psychology is relevant here.

Hoang

hoangmphung said:
As you noted yourself, a Reiki Alliance membership doesn't guarantee a teacher to be a genuine Reiki master so I don't see the point of your mentioning it.
Since I in the previous remark had mentioned that Barbara McGregor was not part of the Reiki Alliance, I felt it necessary to make it clear that membership of the Reiki Alliance it not a guarantee as membership is easy to get.

hoangmphung said:
Your last comment seems to be an attempt to associate Barbara with psychopathy and ponerology. This is manipulative to the extreme.
The reason for mentioning psychopathy and ponerology in this context is that it helps a student in discernment. In the scene of Reiki one will find the use of paramoralism, spellbinding and paralogism. In the New Age Scenes psychopaths do prey too. I am not saying that Beth Gray and Barbara McGregor are psychopaths. What I did see (which is just my experience) was a predatory activity, which puts red flags up for me.

Some of the these things that I saw was
1) Big classes (100+) for Reiki 1 which limits personal contact to the teacher
2) Students, who came to my partner and I to redo Reiki 2
3) Students who came to us for review and who were amazed at how little they had actually learnt.
4) A strong emphasis from B. McGregor that she was the only true Reiki Teacher and that everyone else were fakes.
5) A bagging of the Reiki Alliance and their teachers.
6) Telling organizers and students not to go to other teachers and not to organize workshops with other teachers.
7) Telling us that Hong Kong was her turf and that we shouldn't dare to go there or else.

hoangmphung said:
Is the reason because you are also teaching Reiki but not as successful as her?
For your information I stopped teaching Reiki 11 years ago, apart from a few friends and relatives.

hoangmphung said:
For a prospective Reiki student, the only dealing with Barbara would be paying the required fee and attending a 3-day seminar. After that, there is zero, none, nil, zip, nada contact whatsoever.
That is one way to look at it. The issue at hand from dant is:
dant said:
I would like a referral for a trusted and good Reiki Master, Recommendations please?
In regard to B. Mcgregor I can not give a positive recommendation based on my experience, which at the end of the day is only my experience.

Anders

I'm not sure that being a member of the "Reiki Alliance" is any guarantee of anything either. From what I hear, the members of this group charge pretty high fees for attunements. I know it is possible to find a teacher/Reiki Master who DOES have the proper lineage and who doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

Now, I have read one commentary on the symbols where the individual says that the symbols themselves are not all that important, that they are only "triggers" and do not "carry power in themselves", that they are similar to the bell that Pavlov used to "condition" his dog. I don't agree with either the idea that they are just triggers, nor do I agree with the opposing idea that they "carry power in themselves". I noticed, during my very skeptical initial foray into Reiki, that the symbols were important, but not for the usually assumed reasons - either as triggers or as something that is powerful in and of itself. After a lot of observation and experiment, I hypothesized that the significance of the symbls was that they are like something that "communicates information" into one's energy field, that they more or less "etch psychic circuit boards" in one's energy field.

So, in the ideas that I formulated about them - and in the terms the C's described them - it IS important to get them as accurate as possible.

The symbols that were published by Diane Stein are gross distortions of the original symbols, and that's not to say that the Reiki Alliance gang - and even Takata herself - had a real clue. At least, however, Takata tried to convey them intact in form and stroke order (which is important).

I don't know who came up with the story that the symbols are Tibetan - they are clearly not - and I think that it was Takata herself. I have read the theory that the reason for this idea being propagated is that it's like the game of Chinese Whispers, where you tell something to the person next to you, and they tell the person next to them, on down the line, until, at the end, it bears no resemblance to what was originally said.

As a Buddhist, it is said that Usui would have had knowledge of Shuji which is the Japanese name of the "seed characters" written in the Siddham of the Sanskrit script, and which are used as attributes for deities. So he may have talked about this Sanskrit "idea" when teaching about the obviously Japanese characters he was using, and he may also have talked about Tibetan characters in the same context: to give an example of the way something is used.

You can visit this website: http://www.geocities.com/fascin8or/reiki_symbolsP.html to see what appear to be accurate representations of the Usui symbols. He also includes pages that show the various other representations - corruptions - of the symbols so thaty you can see what others have done to the "circuit" creation process.

The above linked site seems to have some very good information, so perhaps it might be useful to write to the author and inquire about Reiki masters from him?

Back
Top Bottom