Reiki concerns

parallel said:
Since receiving Reiki II I haven't really been using it with symbols, haven't had any receivers other than myself; So I've just used hands on in different configurations. As my Reiki master was quite new agey and had made her own modifications of use I've been unsure on the what the original symbols are. In the 'Recommended Reiki master' thread there is a link with several symbols- are the most original ones on following page and in what direction are the 'Han she ze shonin' strokes drawn (if anyone might have a image link with directions handy) ?:
http://www.aetw.org/reiki_takata_symbols.html

Aragorn said:
I've noticed that it is quite common to invert the spiral of the Chokurei. As Laura and others have noted, using the inverted form could actually make you give out your energy somewhere or have some other negative effects.

When doing 'Choku rei' on self do you draw it normal (starting top left and drawing on the universal canvas) or does one turn ones hand towards ones body and draw (starting top-right and drawing on body canvas), would that also be regarded as inverted?

Here* are the correct symbols that you learn at level II, according to the traditional Usui-Reiki. These are directly from my notes, when attending the Reiki II course some years ago.

Attachments

• Symbols.jpg
    Symbols.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 388
Another check for reiki validity:

Do you say the name of symbol 3 times and the name of receiver 3 times before drawing symbol?

maybe my question from last page about self directed 'choku rei' was a bit convoluted put, so here goes again:

When doing 'choku rei' on self, do you draw in the air in front of you or do you turn your hand toward body and draw?

parallel said:
Another check for reiki validity:

Do you say the name of symbol 3 times and the name of receiver 3 times before drawing symbol?

maybe my question from last page about self directed 'choku rei' was a bit convoluted put, so here goes again:

When doing 'choku rei' on self, do you draw in the air in front of you or do you turn your hand toward body and draw?

I just draw it in my mind.

Mrs. Peel said:
That's interesting, it sort of feels like how it should be. I wonder what Usui did? So I guess the triple naming of symbol and receiver is unnecessary if done internally.

parallel said:
Mrs. Peel said:
That's interesting, it sort of feels like how it should be. I wonder what Usui did? So I guess the triple naming of symbol and receiver is unnecessary if done internally.

The "triple naming" stuff just sounds like a ritual, at least to me.

Mrs. Peel said:
The "triple naming" stuff just sounds like a ritual, at least to me.
Agree, maybe these are 'inventions' from the line of Hawayo Takata and/or Phyllis Furumoto. I'm curious to know how others do it.

Hi Konstantin,

In regard to below-

Konstantin said:
I want to ask about this reiki symbol. ( Ah-new-key )...
I put the image of this symbol in the attachment of this post. Can somebody explain the correct drawing method, the meaning and all other information's that's available for this symbol.

image.jpg

Konstantin said:
I post one text about this reiki symbol 7 month ago and nobody answered.

I tried to investigate about this symbol all this time since i first post this but i don't find anything.

If you are still interested (and as I couldn't find anything either), to fill the void I thought I'd offer a personal interpretation?

As a bit of background, the symbol in question first came to my 'attention' in a dream, coincidentally featuring a character named Ark, in which we discussed the meaning of the lower portion.

And as you may know, the meaning of the name 'Ark' is rather interesting.

http://babynames.merschat.com/name-meaning.cgi?bn_key=125196

In the context of the symbol [ An-nu-ki ] it also provides a double clue.

Firstly, in Sumerian (and I suspect Akkadian) the name An nu ki can be literally translated as - Heaven (An) Image or likeness (nu) Earth (ki).

And indeed, Anton Parks' intriguing 'The Secret of the Dark Stars' identifies his ENKI character (created in the image of his 'Father'- An) as Nu-dim-mud.

Literally - 'He who fashions and gives birth to images' or colloquially "Cloner"

The second interesting thing is the 'Ark' name meaning both Vishnu and Shiva.

This is because if we are speaking of Hindu deities, than I bat for Shakti.

So in the scenario above, the bottom section of the symbol (in isolation) is being identified as 'The Lingam'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingam

And putting this Annuki 'dream' (Jan 29) in context-

Following a 'Laura / Reiki' dream described here (Dec 15)-

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,20371.msg698291.html#msg698291

I figured it was time for my first ever Reiki treatment (which transmogrified into an extremely interesting SRT session) on January the 8th.

And which appeared to be the trigger for a month long onslaught of 'dreams' in the vein of 'don juan' (Castaneda)...ending February 13th!

Now as to directions for drawing the symbol, obviously I can only go with intuition and as such recommend starting from the lower LH side and completing the first triangle in a clockwise direction.

1, 2, 3 - then pause.

image.png

I won't go into the reasoning, as there is already a ton of information regarding the esoteric meaning of the triangle.

And not being particularly drawn to triangles (to me, they represent the 3D illusion / hologram that we find ourselves in - somewhat along the lines of the Ourobouros' symbology for the trap of reincarnation) I have recommended the 'pause' to gather our thoughts before we proceed.

As a breathing exercise this would be just prior to the next inhalation (after 1. inhale 2. exhale and 3. pause)

As you'll see I've placed green lines indicating the next 2 'steps' in the visualisation, prior to again putting pen to paper.

Being a spiral kind of guy, this is simply so that the path flows and the image becomes a little less 'disjointed' to meditate upon.

Coincidentally, in taking this license, we also find that Gurdjieffs 'Law of Octaves' is underlying the journey and as described here -

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,5302.msg696776.html#msg696776

- where we find the law of octaves we find the 'C's 3535 code also.

So in accordance with 'G's law of octaves, after the first 3 vectors we find that on the 5th 'step' (absence of a semi-tone) - and obliquely returning to the, as yet, hidden source - there is an opportunity for the first 'shock' or as Laura describes it 'work', and to move inward.

Note also the direction- from right to left - the source being 'intuition' the abode of the double, the daemon, the shadow, the fetch, the spirit etc.

And I suggest to be drawn in one unbroken motion - reflecting notes F through B (C standard) and terminating in the final note of the scale, second absence of a half tone and point at which the second 'shock' is required.

image.png

And while we are considering this component I will digress once more :rolleyes:

A couple of days after the 'Ark - An nu ki' dream I was somewhat synchronistically led to a David Wilcock article where the surprisingly discovery was made of the alleged pederast symbol below-

image.png

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1208-endgame-pt-1

Now obviously the image is inverted compared with the Senzar under discussion but I must say I found the likeness slightly alarming (and perhaps also explanatory of my initial repellence?)

Anyhoo, so now we find ourselves at the centre of the 'trap' of 3D and ready for the drive 'down' through the 3 layers and through the foundation/base of the triangles. Interesting this next step, being the beginning of the next octave, brings forth another intriguing symbol (to my eyes anyway - but then again everyone tells me I read too much :) ), that of the Papal Cross (or cross of Baphomet).

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hmmmmm.

Now lastly, as we're through the 3 layers, I suggest that the 'Lingam' (as described earlier) now be drawn in an anti-clockwise direction (opposite to and mirroring the image above).

Completing the symbol and also representing the 'true' source of power.

The 'Mother'.

Represented by the cosmic egg, displaying unity, or the wholeness of Shiva / Shakti combined, and described by the image of the 'vulva', from which all creation comes.

image.png

Well that's my observation anyway, fwiw.

And I'm overdue for another pint of Guinness.

Happy St Patricks Day

Cheers

Thank you for your personal interpretation. :flowers:
It was 6 years ago.
Your interpretation is very interesting. As with other reiki symbols, one must have a proper initiation in order to use the symbols efficiently. I personally have only reiki 1 and 2 but even those initiations are probably corrupted and from bad lineage.
So, I think that it is not very wise to use this symbol while practicing reiki if someone does not have a proper initiation.
Thank you for all your efforts to find all those informations. :)

Hello guys,

I have a few questions about practicing Reiki. I apologize in advance if they sound silly! :-[

I've started doing Reiki a few months ago, after my attunement, and keep doing it regularly to my family and close friends, upon their request. I'm glad to hear that it sometimes helps them to ease pain and/or get better sleep. However, I haven't found yet optimal body positions (staying and/or sitting) for myself during the treatment, as we don't have any massage table and have to use regular beds that are quite low). So my back start hurting and my arms get tired very quickly. I try to relax while keeping the hand positions, but without much success. I continue practicing Reiki in hope that my body will get used to it someday.

Would you please share your experience and tell how long it took your body to get used to these positions?

If the bed where the patient is laying on, is very low, can the Reiki practitioner just sit down on the floor (without crossing the legs, obviously)? Or is it mandatory to keep feet grounded?

Also, during the quick treatment, when doing the optional legs/feet portion, can a low chair be used to elevate the patient's feet?

In case of lack of time and for self-treatment, can I use one (or two) hand position(s) only? (In case of a sudden headache/backache, for ex.)

Thank you in advance! :)

Chacara said:
Hello guys,

I have a few questions about practicing Reiki. I apologize in advance if they sound silly! :-[

I've started doing Reiki a few months ago, after my attunement, and keep doing it regularly to my family and close friends, upon their request. I'm glad to hear that it sometimes helps them to ease pain and/or get better sleep. However, I haven't found yet optimal body positions (staying and/or sitting) for myself during the treatment, as we don't have any massage table and have to use regular beds that are quite low). So my back start hurting and my arms get tired very quickly. I try to relax while keeping the hand positions, but without much success. I continue practicing Reiki in hope that my body will get used to it someday.

The only solution I can come up with is buying a massage table with adjustable height or building it on your own.

Chacara said:
In case of lack of time and for self-treatment, can I use one (or two) hand position(s) only? (In case of a sudden headache/backache, for ex.)

It depends on how much time you have. I would spend at least 10-15 minutes per each position.

Altair said:
The only solution I can come up with is buying a massage table with adjustable height or building it on your own.

I bought massage table right after my attunement. You can go with non-adjustable one, because you won't likely to put physical pressure on your patient (adjustable tables are for professional masseurs), but make sure there is a free space under the table so you can put your legs there while sitting during Reiki session. My table has steel strings beneath and it's not very convenient to sit near it (but still much better than staying on your feet).

EDIT: Fixed formatting

Thank you Altair and Aimarok for your practical tips!

A massage table is a very good idea, but unfortunately I can't find it here, on the island. Maybe I'll get it one day...

Another question regarding Reiki self-treatment: is the hand position where the fingertips cover the crown, ok? I've heard that the crown shouldn't been covered during the self-treatment.

Attachments

• 2self-crown.jpg
    2self-crown.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 162
Chacara said:
Another question regarding Reiki self-treatment: is the hand position where the fingertips cover the crown, ok? I've heard that the crown shouldn't been covered during the self-treatment.

It was covered in this post, so you can certainly experiment with this position. See the attached PDF with some more positions for self-treatment.

Attachments

• Reiki_Self_Treatment_Hand_Positions.pdf
    151.8 KB · Views: 45
Chacara said:
Thank you Altair and Aimarok for your practical tips!

A massage table is a very good idea, but unfortunately I can't find it here, on the island. Maybe I'll get it one day...

Chacara, it may not be ideal but you could do Reiki treatments with the person sitting upright in a comfortable chair with you standing to save you hurting your back?

Alternatively, like you said, you could have them lay on a comfy mat on the floor and, if you are able, you could sit cross legged beside them. IMO you would still be grounded that way.

Back
Top Bottom