Request: Laura's Chocolate

I tried this recipe and it was success! :D

I used stevia instead of xylitol though.

I'm very sensitive to dairy products so I also did it with lard instead of butter and it was very good too. :lol:

I'm planning to try it with coconut oil now.

Acid Yazz said:

I use coconut oil in my chocolate. Just remember you can't leave it unrefrigerated since it melts rather quickly at room temperature. :D

1984 said:
Acid Yazz said:

I use coconut oil in my chocolate. Just remember you can't leave it unrefrigerated since it melts rather quickly at room temperature. :D

Unless you want a deliciously thick chocolate sauce :lol:

I made some chocolate today using butter and coconut oil. And stevia instead of xylitol.
They're delicious! :D

Here's a picture ;D

Attachments

• chocolate2cropped_sm.jpg
    chocolate2cropped_sm.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 308
I only have Stevia powder, can I use that somehow? Do you use a specific cocoa powder or will most tins of cocoa be ok?

happyliza said:
I only have Stevia powder, can I use that somehow? Do you use a specific cocoa powder or will most tins of cocoa be ok?

I haven't used stevia, though I don't see why it should pose any issues. The best way to test imho would be to convert using the relative sweetness of your stevia (some powders are more pure and sweeter than others, from what I've read) and then try a small batch, maybe a quarter or even a fifth of the amounts above.

For cocao, generally speaking, any cocoa would "work", and the best, health-wise, is organic raw cacao powder since the processing removes a significant amount of the anti-oxidative properties. Of course, it is also the most expensive. Typically, in my experience, the processed ones are darker looking and have a richer taste to them. If it's not an organic brand, it's best to avoid it because it'll inevitably have artificial additives.

I just made up a batch of the chateau's recipe, and I have to say it was delicious!!!! This will definitely be a well used recipe here...thanks so much for sharing it :)

Carlisle said:
herondancer said:
I've been having pretty good luck with a 1:1 ratio of fat to chocolate powder, 1/2 cup of xylitol (powdered in a coffee grinder) then adding whatever flavours might be nice. Lately it's been:

3/4 cup of butter,
1/4 cup of cocoa butter melted together
If you cut the stick of butter and melt it first in a pyrex measuring cup, you can then add chunks of cocoa butter until it reaches the one cup mark.

Then put it in a heavy metal pot on low, or low flame, get it completely liquid, and beat in the xylitol. You'll want to keep stirring it until all the clear butter fat floating on the top is mixed in. When it looks silky, like smooth gravy, start beating in the cocoa powder till all of that is mixed in.

You can add the flavouring in then and pour it into your molds. I divide the batch to make two kinds. Peppermint, vanilla, and orange are favourites here, but plain old chocolate is great too. I've also used liquid lecithin from the health food store (NOT the kind used for making liposomal vit C), as it's supposed to help with the emulisification. It doesn't seem to make much difference afaict, but you could give it a whirl.

Hope that helps. :)

Yeah the 1:1 ratio works best for me too. I use mainly butter+coconut oil, and find it helps to slightly cook the butter for a while before adding the cocoa. Then leave the cocoa+butter bubbling for a while. Take it off the heat, add vanilla/stevia/Xylitol.

I used soy lecithin granules, dissolved overnight (the same type I used for liposomal vit C), and it really gives it the proper chocolate texture, and makes it creamier/sweeter so you can use less xylitol. Helps if you stir in the lecithin last of all, after it's all settled down a bit.

I made this today & it is delicious! I will try the lecithin as an emulsifier next time because mine was more like a chocolate brownie sort of texture rather than smooth and creamy chocolate.

Guys, try COCOA butter. Just melt it in a glass for example, inserted in a pot with hot water (it melts in 35 deg. C). Add a little raw cocoa powder and a bit of xylitol and you'll have real chocolate, constising of mostly fat ;) Still working on proportions.

I don't tolerate coconut or any other nut, other than cocoa - in moderation. Cocoa butter is also cheaper and it is perfect moisturizer for the skin. Just bought 1 kilo for around 30EUR.

Attachments

• maslokakaowe2.jpg
    maslokakaowe2.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 183
Yas said:
I made some chocolate today using butter and coconut oil. And stevia instead of xylitol.
They're delicious! :D

Here's a picture ;D

thats seems delicious! :D good job!

I have used stevia, and the only problem i had was clumping, but this was a good problem. People asked me if i put toffee chips in it. I have found a combination of xylitol, and stevia to be best. I have also found that if i leave the butter, and xylitol/stevia on low for quite awhile it ends up with a different taste. It is very good. Kind of like the butter has caramelized in a way. I wonder if this is not good, but really it is very low heat? I also usually put a cup of coconut in it as well.

davey72 said:
I have used stevia, and the only problem i had was clumping, but this was a good problem. People asked me if i put toffee chips in it. I have found a combination of xylitol, and stevia to be best. I have also found that if i leave the butter, and xylitol/stevia on low for quite awhile it ends up with a different taste. It is very good. Kind of like the butter has caramelized in a way. I wonder if this is not good, but really it is very low heat? I also usually put a cup of coconut in it as well.

I do this as well, otherwise my Xylitol doesn't dissolve properly (with my first batch it sounded like everyone was biting on sand). I think it's okay as long as it doesn't burn. Today I was thinking that before pouring it into the molds to put some coconut flakes in the mold before, let's see.

M.T.

I’d like to share a variant I learned thanks to Yas

- 500g lard (fat 500g)
- 14 egg yolk 2 egg whites (fat 112g)
- 8 tablespoon cocoa powder (carb 25g fat 7g)
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoon of coconut oil (fat 50g)
- 4 tablespoon xilitol (carb 16g)
- 120-150 drops stevia
- 100g sweet potato (maybe less, carb 20g)

Fat 669g carbs 56g approximately, the ingredients vary depending on my mood :D

If it is hot I put the lard in the refrigerator for a while, otherwise the ingredients are not mixed, then I put all the ingredients in a blender, I left 2 tablespoon of cocoa and 2 of xilitol to mix manually after the smoothie, I prefer with little grains and the chocolate flavor is stronger, and that's it, after one day in the freezer is more tasty. Just because fatty meat is cheaper here, I eat as a dessert after my two daily meals so it lasts 10 to 14 days to me. But when I'm in a hurry I just eat that and I can take all day

Even my family that don't do the diet like this formula, now it taste like a normal chocolate they said, previously they felt the lard

To make it even more delicious I usually add (for one dessert portion)
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 or 2 strawberries and/or 3, 4 macadamia nuts

In this case just for the picture

Is so delicious that I feel a little guilty, I don't like to think too much on food but now I'm becoming addicted to my dessert, meals without it isn't the same XD

Attachments

• fatbomb.jpg
    fatbomb.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom