RIP Tyler and a New Family Dog?

We finally picked up little Ravi last week. It was a 2 hour trip back but she did really well! She was so excited to be in her new home. She's pretty bold for a whippet and quite attached to me. That might make leaving her home a little difficult so I've started crate training her. She's had her first day of puppy class and I took her to a holistic vet yesterday. Here's a few pics.

AAAwwww, she looks "adorable" in that bed..... So fluffy. and comfy ..... Did you know they make Doggy Beds for adults too? If i get one, our dogs will never let my husband sleep in it for sure.... :rotfl: 🥰
Congratulation on getting a sweety. I'm sure she'll fill the void you feel these days. All the best!

We finally picked up little Ravi last week. It was a 2 hour trip back but she did really well! She was so excited to be in her new home. She's pretty bold for a whippet and quite attached to me. That might make leaving her home a little difficult so I've started crate training her. She's had her first day of puppy class and I took her to a holistic vet yesterday. Here's a few pics.

What a cutie. I hope she brings you much joy.

Wow, it's been a while since I updated and quite the adventure. Ravi is quite the long-legged girl now!

Ravi.jpg

The first few weeks trying to work out our sleeping arrangements where very hectic. She immediately jumped out of the pen I made for her and wouldn't sleep longer than 1 hour at night by herself. I was told making them sleep alone would help them be independent.

After 3 weeks of sleepless nights I felt like I was just torturing the both of us so I let her sleep in the bed from then on. She's much more stable and very independent, so I can't say I agree with the advice of making them sleep alone. I think it depends on the dog and home environment. Ravi loves her comfort and likes to stay warm under a blanket.

MTDO8092.JPG
One of the first things I noticed when I started taking her out is that she makes people smile and giggle. She's so friendly and confident and seems to comfort the other dogs if they're agitated. Here she is kissing her friend Molly.

IMG_8732.JPEG
And getting ready to take Molly for a drive

IMG_1950.JPG

Ravi and her brother Harry are quite close and spend time with each other most weeks. They look and act very similar and sometimes we get them confused until we look closely.

IMG_4264.JPG
Ravi had her first accident playing with Harry. She ran full speed straight into a low wall and flipped all the way over it landing on her side. She screamed and couldn't stand up. I was horrified and certain she'd broken her back or leg. Luckily she didn't break anything and was just sore for a few days. Here she is looking a bit sad and sore. You can see the red marks on her chest where she hit the wall.

IMG_1835.JPG

She sleeps in her beds by my feet when I'm working on the computer during the day. She's too big for her pink bed but hasn't quite made the move to her large bed yet.

IMG_2050.JPG
I feel like we have much more of an understanding now. In the beginning I would get angry or frustrated but now I think we are more tune with each other. I understand her reasoning for doing things more than I did when I first got her. Like she would often bite me quite hard just when I was trying to go to sleep. I would get angry at first but now I understand she's getting out the last bit of energy and biting calms her down.

She also understands my little corrections so when I tell her "uh-ah" she stops. She's good with recall and has a clever little mind. She also runs like a rocket so I have to keep an eye on her.

Finally here she is looking at the wonder of creation.

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1985.JPG

Quel bonheur de la voir sur toutes ses photos... S'il vous plaît ne soyez pas en colère après Ravi, trop belle, trop mignonne et si pleine de vie et d'amour à donner... Faites lui des caresses pour moi et MERCI pour les photos partagées... N'hésitez pas à faire plein d'autres photos et de nous les faire montrer encore et encore...

What a joy to see her in all her photos... Please don't be angry with Ravi, too beautiful, too cute and so full of life and love to give... Cuddle her for me and THANK YOU for the photos shared... Don't hesitate to take lots of other photos and show them to us again and again...

Oh Beorn, what an absolute delight to see your updates, somehow I missed an earlier one from a while ago.

Those photos are beautiful. Ravi's frequency is gorgeous and it feels to me she is deliriously happy that you are her number one human (you clearly are!). It is so good to see she still has contact with her brother Harry as well as other lovely doggos, so healthy for her in terms of stability / adjusting to a new home and family. No matter how wonderful, loving and 'pawfect' you are, it would still be a massive adjustment - even moreso for a very sensitive pup.

I am so glad you were happy to share a sleeping space with Ravi, it seems that it was definitely the right thing for you both. Her entire reality changed overnight when she came to be with you, so it's understandable she would struggle with separation and as a result have developed a strong bond with you; but from what I recall, I think the connection was pretty instantaneous between you from the beginning - given what you said initially after going to meet her.

That accident Ravi had sounded awful, poor love, just as shocking and upsetting for you as for her! Gawd, it's awful when our pets get hurt - it's no different to our children! I wonder if the biting thing (apart from the obvious issue of teething) at bedtime is possibly a playful 'love bite' before sleeping - maybe a replay of what she and the other puppies in her litter did before they collapsed in a heap from sheer exhaustion? It might possibly help to have a range of (non squeaky) chew toys that you swap out regularly so she can chomp on them at bedtime, or give her a long lasting chew treat before bed?

Like Brandon, I also found it beautiful to know the effect Ravi has on other dogs and people.
She sounds/feels like a beautiful ray of light and love 🤗💕
My inner dog is smiling for you all.

Happiness!.png

Thank you all, we are enjoying the moments together and I'll remember to take lots of photos. I love this photo. I took it today while waiting for my parents to arrive.

379638572_648040487308082_3156140534026877356_n.jpg

Oh Beorn, what an absolute delight to see your updates, somehow I missed an earlier one from a while ago.

Those photos are beautiful. Ravi's frequency is gorgeous and it feels to me she is deliriously happy that you are her number one human (you clearly are!). It is so good to see she still has contact with her brother Harry as well as other lovely doggos, so healthy for her in terms of stability / adjusting to a new home and family. No matter how wonderful, loving and 'pawfect' you are, it would still be a massive adjustment - even moreso for a very sensitive pup.

I am so glad you were happy to share a sleeping space with Ravi, it seems that it was definitely the right thing for you both. Her entire reality changed overnight when she came to be with you, so it's understandable she would struggle with separation and as a result have developed a strong bond with you; but from what I recall, I think the connection was pretty instantaneous between you from the beginning - given what you said initially after going to meet her.

That accident Ravi had sounded awful, poor love, just as shocking and upsetting for you as for her! Gawd, it's awful when our pets get hurt - it's no different to our children! I wonder if the biting thing (apart from the obvious issue of teething) at bedtime is possibly a playful 'love bite' before sleeping - maybe a replay of what she and the other puppies in her litter did before they collapsed in a heap from sheer exhaustion? It might possibly help to have a range of (non squeaky) chew toys that you swap out regularly so she can chomp on them at bedtime, or give her a long lasting chew treat before bed?

Like Brandon, I also found it beautiful to know the effect Ravi has on other dogs and people.
She sounds/feels like a beautiful ray of light and love 🤗💕
My inner dog is smiling for you all.

View attachment 82489
It definitely took a while for us to understand each other but she did feel like family right from the beginning. Hopefully I can make her as happy as can be. I had a dream which I don't think I've shared yet.

In the dream people were waiting for God to open a door and give them gifts. Each time the door opened God would give a gift to the one who was closest. The first time the door opened people ran forwards and the one at the front was given a tragedy instead of something good. The second time people still ran forwards and the one at the front was also given a tragedy. I was too tired to bother moving so I just sat there watching. The third time the door began to open the people were dismayed and ran away in fear. Now I was closest to the door. I was still too disheartened to move so I waited to accept my fate when out from the door came a little puppy. It was Ravi!

I take her out twice a day for a walk in the morning and usually a free run in the evening. We went to a dog park one day and no-one was there. I was going to take her home but I'm glad we waited because she found a Dalmatian friend.

379636232_660805332483060_6101133797730464743_n.jpg

Ravi has learnt how to back out of a harness. We took her and Molly to a cafe and she escaped to follow my friend. My friend took this photo of the three of us in the dog house while she finished her breakfast 🤣

379638473_329418576308482_9056865730434802314_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom