Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

angelburst29 said:
goyacobol said:
Angelburst29,

The West is definitely over demonizing North Korea but it is the people of those divided countries who have and probably will suffer even more.

I watched a very interesting video that interviews an author, Michael Malice, done by Stefan Molyneux. I do think the people of both North and South Korea want reunification. Of course we know what the globalists want.

After listening to the interview I realize it is now a very complicated situation due to all the government players involved. Kim Jong-un is a questionable ruler I think. The North has suffered tremendously. Whether is all Kim Jong-un's doing is debatable I suppose. If anyone has the time I think this video is worth watching.

Just my opinion but I suggest - you give your statements - further thought?

You state, "I realize it is now a very complicated situation due to all the government players involved." And then you follow it up with "Kim Jong-un is a questionable ruler I think." (?)

"ALL" of those government players are "ALL" outside interference and "without a Declaration of War and without warning" invaded the north of Korea 65 years ago and nearly wiped out the population and it's infrastructure - off the face of the Earth! Then those same government players, took up illegal occupation and sub-divided the Country of Korea in two. The north of Korea has had to sacrifice and rebuild from the bottom - up - to where it is now. Their elected ruler, Kim Jong-un has taken steps "to protect" the North, while the South of Korea is being "weaponized" by the occupying force, against the wishes of the South Koreans and it's newly elected President. Those weapons might be pointed at Russia but could very easily be turned on to North Korea, with devastating effects? Why would Kim Jong-un be considered a questionable ruler in testing and displaying Missile launches .....
when the exact same behavior is displayed in every NATO/Pentagon Drill? Is Kim Jong-un being demonized because he doesn't give his Drill's a macho fancy name like - Operation Inherent Resolve?

Putting the situation in simpler terms - imagine a bunch of hooligans breaking into your home and trashing half of it beyond recognition, then deciding to illegally occupy the other half. Through domination and intimidation, the invading force control both sides. You have no means at your disposal to fight back and force the invaders out, so you go about clearing the damage done to your home and start from scratch in replacing it's contents to sustain some form of civilize lifestyle. In the process, you also start to devise methods to protect yourself, family, and replaced contents, etc. from destruction - least History repeat itself. When the hooligans discover you have taken up measures to counteract their interference, they try to bully you back into submission. You, on the other hand, take a stand to defend yourself and your domain. The hooligans resort to putting on a public display, blaming you for infractions that are minor - compared to their own offences, to divert attention away from them, making you the scape-goat. The general public are lead to believe - you're the Demon and trouble maker.

For me personally, the more I learn about North Korea and Kim Jong-un, the less I see him as a Demon or a "questionable ruler".

Whoa!

"Whether it is all Kim Jong-un's doing is debatable I suppose." I mean that the suffering of the North Koreans is now in Kim Jong-un's hands as well as their protection.

If you watched the video you would see that extracting any good results out of this mess is very complicated.

Do you really think both North Korea and South Korea are Kim's house? I maybe you should at least watch the video before jumping to conclusions. The North Koreans as far as I can see are ruled by an "iron fist". They are 4 inches shorter than the South Koreans due to malnutrition. They are the true victims in this mess. The video made me think of what would actually happen if reunification happened with Kim Jong-un in power. I just don't know. I do think Kim Jong-un is a questionable character much like Donald Trump. That of course is probably in his favor in some ways as it may be for The Donald.

This is a very emotionally tense time for all of us and there is much to learn all around I think. You sound a bit angry.

goyacobol said:
Angelburst29,

The West is definitely over demonizing North Korea but it is the people of those divided countries who have and probably will suffer even more.

I watched a very interesting video that interviews an author, Michael Malice, done by Stefan Molyneux. I do think the people of both North and South Korea want reunification. Of course we know what the globalists want.

After listening to the interview I realize it is now a very complicated situation due to all the government players involved. Kim Jong-un is a questionable ruler I think. The North has suffered tremendously. Whether is all Kim Jong-un's doing is debatable I suppose. If anyone has the time I think this video is worth watching.

https://youtu.be/pkd3At2GS1o

While I found that, overall, the discussion in the video was very good. I was puzzled at some points in the video where they seemed to go back to 'blame the victim' theme. They did reference those, that managed to escape, and largely gave credence to what those escapees said. But I have read quite extensively that that has been used as a propaganda tool by the West. Come up with horror stories that align with the Western propaganda narrative..

And the discussion of the N Korean leader not accepting UN intervention to deliver food, I am sure he saw that as a possible Trojan Horse.

They describe the historical horrors that Korea has endured very well, but some of their conclusions indicate to me that they don't have the whole banana.

Just my thoughts.

Hello H2O said:
goyacobol said:
Angelburst29,

https://youtu.be/pkd3At2GS1o

While I found that, overall, the discussion in the video was very good. I was puzzled at some points in the video where they seemed to go back to 'blame the victim' theme. They did reference those, that managed to escape, and largely gave credence to what those escapees said. But I have read quite extensively that that has been used as a propaganda tool by the West. Come up with horror stories that align with the Western propaganda narrative..

And the discussion of the N Korean leader not accepting UN intervention to deliver food, I am sure he saw that as a possible Trojan Horse.

They describe the historical horrors that Korea has endured very well, but some of their conclusions indicate to me that they don't have the whole banana.

Just my thoughts.

I don't necessarily believe or agree with all their views expressed either. The author was a little off-putting with his glibness/giddiness at times. I think the main thing I took away was the complexity that is there because of the struggle between the globalists, the Chinese and the Russians. I sure don't think the answer is just another "regime change". Trying to picture the best case scenario I realized that even if the US backs off, the reunification of the North and South in Korea would likely be a challenging situation. That sounds better though than what we have now.

Even the author states he is not suggesting a regime change which could be even more of a disaster for the North Korean population. And you are probably right about the escapes being used by the West for propaganda purposes. I was stationed in Korea in 1971 in the Army. I was stationed at Camp Casey which 7 miles from the DMZ and I have great sympathy for the Korean people who like most of us are being used a pawns on the chessboard.

goyacobol said:
angelburst29 said:
goyacobol said:
Angelburst29,

You state, "I realize it is now a very complicated situation due to all the government players involved." And then you follow it up with "Kim Jong-un is a questionable ruler I think." (?)

"ALL" of those government players are "ALL" outside interference and "without a Declaration of War and without warning" invaded the north of Korea 65 years ago and nearly wiped out the population and it's infrastructure - off the face of the Earth! Then those same government players, took up illegal occupation and sub-divided the Country of Korea in two. The north of Korea has had to sacrifice and rebuild from the bottom - up - to where it is now. Their elected ruler, Kim Jong-un has taken steps "to protect" the North, while the South of Korea is being "weaponized" by the occupying force, against the wishes of the South Koreans and it's newly elected President. Those weapons might be pointed at Russia but could very easily be turned on to North Korea, with devastating effects? Why would Kim Jong-un be considered a questionable ruler in testing and displaying Missile launches .....
when the exact same behavior is displayed in every NATO/Pentagon Drill? Is Kim Jong-un being demonized because he doesn't give his Drill's a macho fancy name like - Operation Inherent Resolve?

Putting the situation in simpler terms - imagine a bunch of hooligans breaking into your home and trashing half of it beyond recognition, then deciding to illegally occupy the other half. Through domination and intimidation, the invading force control both sides. You have no means at your disposal to fight back and force the invaders out, so you go about clearing the damage done to your home and start from scratch in replacing it's contents to sustain some form of civilize lifestyle. In the process, you also start to devise methods to protect yourself, family, and replaced contents, etc. from destruction - least History repeat itself. When the hooligans discover you have taken up measures to counteract their interference, they try to bully you back into submission. You, on the other hand, take a stand to defend yourself and your domain. The hooligans resort to putting on a public display, blaming you for infractions that are minor - compared to their own offences, to divert attention away from them, making you the scape-goat. The general public are lead to believe - you're the Demon and trouble maker.

For me personally, the more I learn about North Korea and Kim Jong-un, the less I see him as a Demon or a "questionable ruler".

Whoa!

"Whether it is all Kim Jong-un's doing is debatable I suppose." I mean that the suffering of the North Koreans is now in Kim Jong-un's hands as well as their protection.

If you watched the video you would see that extracting any good results out of this mess is very complicated.

Do you really think both North Korea and South Korea are Kim's house? I maybe you should at least watch the video before jumping to conclusions. The North Koreans as far as I can see are ruled by an "iron fist". They are 4 inches shorter than the South Koreans due to malnutrition. They are the true victims in this mess. The video made me think of what would actually happen if reunification happened with Kim Jong-un in power. I just don't know. I do think Kim Jong-un is a questionable character much like Donald Trump. That of course is probably in his favor in some ways as it may be for The Donald.

This is a very emotionally tense time for all of us and there is much to learn all around I think. You sound a bit angry.

Nope - not a bit angry - at all. Yes, I did view the video you Posted.

Were you able to view the video Posted - that interviewed Eva Bartlett, who actually visited North Korea recently and provided video footage, not only of the city life but of areas in the Country side? Bartlett was able to move around freely, talk to the local residents and document her visit with video. She wasn't detained, nor were her videos confiscated. As for claims of malnutrition, I think it's safe to say, that condition can be observed even in well developed and prospering Countries like the U.S.? The claim that North Koreans are "4 inches shorter" then their counterparts in South Korea, is a detail I haven't come across before and would have to investigate - to verify the claim.

UK Column News - 5th September 2017 (Video - 41:36 min.)
https://www.ukcolumn.org/ukcolumn-news/uk-column-news-5th-september-2017

Trying to picture the best case scenario I realized that even if the US backs off, the reunification of the North and South in Korea would likely be a challenging situation. That sounds better though than what we have now.

Well we have the recent reunification of East and West Germany. When there is common language, culture and history, it seems it would be more natural to be unified, rather than to be separate. Sort of like aligning the poles on a magnet.

It certainly would give the STS types fits seeing unification rather than separation. :mad:

Hello H2O said:
Trying to picture the best case scenario I realized that even if the US backs off, the reunification of the North and South in Korea would likely be a challenging situation. That sounds better though than what we have now.

Well we have the recent reunification of East and West Germany. When there is common language, culture and history, it seems it would be more natural to be unified, rather than to be separate. Sort of like aligning the poles on a magnet.

It certainly would give the STS types fits seeing unification rather than separation. :mad:

It might not be as challenging as we're led to believe. North Korea has announced its willingness to increase economic relations with South Korea, and South Korea's president was elected on a campaign of peaceful reunification between the countries. But, as usual, it seems the US' prerogative is to keep tensions high:

North Korea's statement indicates that it seeks a gesture of good will from Seoul in order to proceed with such a project. Such a gesture would almost certainly be some commitment to cease acceptance of further THAAD missile system deliveries from the United Sates, something which South Korean President Moon pledged to do during his recent election campaign. This pledge however was nullified in the summer of 2017, ostensibly due to pressure from Washington. South Korea could alternatively withdraw heavy weaponry from areas near the 38th parallel which divides the Korean states.

Source: https://www.sott.net/article/361412-N-Korea-confirms-that-it-supports-economic-ties-with-Russia-South-Korea

Hesper said:
It might not be as challenging as we're led to believe. North Korea has announced its willingness to increase economic relations with South Korea, and South Korea's president was elected on a campaign of peaceful reunification between the countries. But, as usual, it seems the US' prerogative is to keep tensions high:

You know, sometimes I wonder if the entire global humanity is being "tested." Maybe that's where we are at this point, at a critical juncture point of decision of some kind. The "grandchildren" of Gurdjieff.

I remember when I was a kid my older brother by 2 years used to always wrestle me to the ground on almost a daily basis (well, it sure seemed that way!). It wasn't really violent just humiliating, although it always had the potential to get violent. I remember always yelling and screaming for the big oaf to get off me but to no avail, it just made it worse (actually he grew up to be a really good guy). But back then he was a real bully and as I reflect now on that past experience I get the impression that although we were at the age of just being dumb unconscious kids he was in his own way saying to me as he was kicking my butt, "so tough guy, waddaya-gonna-do-'bout-it? Huh?".

Well, what I did about it was study the martial arts/boxing as an outlet to all this anger and rage
that built up in me (and there was a LOT!). I never got violent since that was one choice I would not make. Had I got violent then it would have led to catastrophe sooner or later. So in a sense I was being "tested" by my brother saying waddaya-gonna-do-'bout-it? What's your choice. Up or down? Violence or reason?

So I think that everybody is testing and prodding each other. The reaction machines vs those who have the potential to reason. To see what we do about it, what choices we're gonna make. There's groups like for example Antifa, SJW, the transgender madness, BLM, flat earthers, Korea and Nuclear bombs and so on all pushing the envelope between madness/idiocy/ narcissistic revenge vs sound reason and understanding. So in this respect it's like we are being tested just like a school test to past the grade. Pass or fail. No in-between. No half way. You either do or you don't!

angelburst29 said:
goyacobol said:
angelburst29 said:
goyacobol said:
Angelburst29,

Whoa!

Nope - not a bit angry - at all. Yes, I did view the video you Posted.

Were you able to view the video Posted - that interviewed Eva Bartlett, who actually visited North Korea recently and provided video footage, not only of the city life but of areas in the Country side? Bartlett was able to move around freely, talk to the local residents and document her visit with video. She wasn't detained, nor were her videos confiscated. As for claims of malnutrition, I think it's safe to say, that condition can be observed even in well developed and prospering Countries like the U.S.? The claim that North Koreans are "4 inches shorter" then their counterparts in South Korea, is a detail I haven't come across before and would have to investigate - to verify the claim.

UK Column News - 5th September 2017 (Video - 41:36 min.)
https://www.ukcolumn.org/ukcolumn-news/uk-column-news-5th-september-2017

Glad you are not angry. Maybe it was a projection of my own emotionality. The author in the interview has also "actually visited North Korea" so Eva and Michael have that in common. Also, I actually visited South Korea courtesy of the U.S. Army in 1971.

Since you didn't make any specific reference to a portion of the video it seemed like you hadn't seen it. It was more a general list of the interference of the US and globalist agendas and the demonization of Kim Jong-un which I did mention by saying "The West is definitely over demonizing North Korea."

Eva Bartlett and Vanessa Beeley are brave journalists and I give them a lot of credit for actually going to the countries where they do their reporting. I think I am hopeful but not quite as optimistic as some here about the open access issue for reporters in North Korea. There can be a "guided tour" that is maybe not as "open" as it is presented. Most of Eva's comments were about Pyongyang's living conditions except for a brief excursion to a more rural development about 100km from the capital. From what I have read Pyongyang is the showcase city for Westerners or most visitors and any straying from the regimented tours is usually not the case. I guess I am a little skeptical about "Bartlett was able to move around freely,".

That not to say I am not skeptical about the Stefan Molyneux interview of Michael Malice. Heck, with a last name like Malice it makes you take notice right away.

The claim about Koreans being 4 inches shorter in the North is one I had heard before and this time it was Stefan Molyneux who made the remark at 29:50 to 30:17 in the video. I agree the 4 inches shorter height claim could use further investigation. Although I find it reasonably credible considering that there was a famine in North Korea due to a drought in 1990s. And as recently as 2015 there was another drought.

I guess my question would be why should Kim Jung-un be considered an unquestionable leader? He is a force to be dealt with even if the US backs off. Whether he is a beneficent ruler or not remains to be seen in my book. Until the current US war-mongering ceases these are probably just moot points.

I agree with most of your points so at least we have that.

Hesper said:
Hello H2O said:

North Korea's statement indicates that it seeks a gesture of good will from Seoul in order to proceed with such a project. Such a gesture would almost certainly be some commitment to cease acceptance of further THAAD missile system deliveries from the United Sates, something which South Korean President Moon pledged to do during his recent election campaign. This pledge however was nullified in the summer of 2017, ostensibly due to pressure from Washington. South Korea could alternatively withdraw heavy weaponry from areas near the 38th parallel which divides the Korean states.

Source: https://www.sott.net/article/361412-N-Korea-confirms-that-it-supports-economic-ties-with-Russia-South-Korea

Certainly is interesting that South Korea, North Korea and Russia are willing to improve relations. It is becoming more and more obvious that the US and the globalists (around the planet-kind of redundant I know) are the "fly in the ointment" of peace.

I hope with both Hesper and Hello H2O that this has positive possibilities for all of us to move in a direction of peace and understanding.

kenlee said:
Hesper said:

You know, sometimes I wonder if the entire global humanity is being "tested." Maybe that's where we are at this point, at a critical juncture point of decision of some kind. The "grandchildren" of Gurdjieff.

I remember when I was a kid my older brother by 2 years used to always wrestle me to the ground on almost a daily basis (well, it sure seemed that way!). It wasn't really violent just humiliating, although it always had the potential to get violent. I remember always yelling and screaming for the big oaf to get off me but to no avail, it just made it worse (actually he grew up to be a really good guy). But back then he was a real bully and as I reflect now on that past experience I get the impression that although we were at the age of just being dumb unconscious kids he was in his own way saying to me as he was kicking my butt, "so tough guy, waddaya-gonna-do-'bout-it? Huh?".

Well, what I did about it was study the martial arts/boxing as an outlet to all this anger and rage
that built up in me (and there was a LOT!). I never got violent since that was one choice I would not make. Had I got violent then it would have led to catastrophe sooner or later. So in a sense I was being "tested" by my brother saying waddaya-gonna-do-'bout-it? What's your choice. Up or down? Violence or reason?

So I think that everybody is testing and prodding each other. The reaction machines vs those who have the potential to reason. To see what we do about it, what choices we're gonna make. There's groups like for example Antifa, SJW, the transgender madness, BLM, flat earthers, Korea and Nuclear bombs and so on all pushing the envelope between madness/idiocy/ narcissistic revenge vs sound reason and understanding. So in this respect it's like we are being tested just like a school test to past the grade. Pass or fail. No in-between. No half way. You either do or you don't!

Thanks for that analogy kenlee. It looks like it is a test for humanity and I think that is why the Cs mention separating "the wheat from the chaff" which could be seen as a pass/fail situation. Their remark addresses the chaotic events we are witnessing but the end result produces the conditions of that test for grading maybe. If anyone could use help it is the US congress and Trump IMHO.

Session 5 August 2017
Q: (Galatea) It could also be related to the shooters, the Florida face
eater man.
(Data) These sensations are certainly unpleasant.
(L) No kidding!
(Data) Are people ever going to ask for help, or seek out help from
someone who knows how to help them?
A: Eventually the suffering will separate the wheat from the chaff.

An Israeli plane has targeted Syrian army positions in the Hama province, killing two servicemen and causing material damage, Syrian general command said in a statement.

Israeli plane strikes Syrian positions in Hama province, kills two servicemen – Syrian Army
https://www.rt.com/news/402270-syrian-military-israel-strike/

The incident took place early on Thursday, when an Israeli aircraft launched several missiles from Lebanese airspace, targeting Syrian Army positions near the city of Masyaf in Hama province. The attack killed two servicemen and inflicted material damage, SANA news agency reports, citing Syrian general command’s statement.

Syria’s general command has warned of “dangerous repercussions of this aggressive action to the security and stability of the region” while reiterating its “resolve and determination to crush terrorism and uproot it from all the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic” regardless of the terrorist groups’ allegiances and sources of support.

The Israeli Army has declined to comment on the incident, according to Reuters, as it does not comment on “operational matters.”

The missile attack was reportedly conducted on a military research facility, while the Syrian military did not specify the target of the Israeli strike.

The Israeli Air Force bombed the scientific research facility in northeastern Tartous last night, several pro-government social media activists alleged this morning.

Israeli jets bomb Syrian research facility in rural Tartous – unconfirmed
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/israeli-jets-bomb-syrian-research-facility-rural-tartous-unconfirmed/

The reports claim that three Israeli jets bombed the scientific research facility at 3:30 A.M. (Damascus Time) in the large city of Masyaf near the Hama Governorate border.

Pro-government social media pages also claimed several people were injured as a result of the bombing, but there was little-to-no damage done to the building itself. Al-Masdar has reached out to the Syrian military for confirmation.

Reports claim an Israeli military jet that was hovering above the Syrian skies got shot down by Syrian defense systems and then fell into Labanese territory.

UNCONFIRMED: Syrian Forces shoot down an Israeli jet
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/09/unconfirmed-syrian-forces-shoot-down.html

Earlier today, the Israeli Air Force violated Syrian airspace and struck Syrian Army positions in the province of Hama, killing at least 2 Syrian soldiers.

As of yet, reports on downing of a jet cannot be independently verified.

Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates has sent letters to the Secretary-General of the United Nations and the President of the UN Security Council in order to protest the illegal Israeli aggression on one of the Syrian Army positions near the town of Masyaf in western Syria.

Syria urges UN to put an end to the illegal Israeli violations of its airspace and bombing its military positions
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/09/syria-urges-un-to-put-end-to-illegal.html

“The repeated Israeli attacks have become systematic and their only purpose is to protect the terrorists of ISIS and Al Nusra Front. It is unacceptable that the UN Security Council has not taken any action so far that would to put an end to these blatant attacks that allow Israel to protect the terrorists”, a part of the letters read.

The General Command of the Syrian Army and the Armed Forces issued a statement on Thursday morning, confirming the violation of Syrian airspace by IAF and striking a military position near the town of Masyaf at 2:45 am earlier today, causing the death of two soldiers and wounding several others.

With the Syrian Army lifting the three year long ISIS-imposed siege on Deir Ezzor only days ago, tonnes of aid have begun pouring into the eastern Syrian city.

With the siege lifted, tonnes of supplies begin to arrive in Deir Ezzor
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/09/breaking-with-siege-lifted-tonnes-of.html

A 40 truck convoy that departed from Homs arrived in Deir Ezzor, bringing over 1,000 tonnes of supplies, including food and medicine.

When Deir Ezzor was under siege, the only means of bringing supplies to the city was through risky air drops.

On occasion, these air drops had meant the destruction of some parcels, the accidental landing of the supplies into ISIS-held areas of the city, or Syrian government aircraft's being targeted by ISIS. Now with a direct road link to Deir Ezzor, the risky air drops can be reduced or terminated entirely.

Just days after the Syrian Army lifted the three year ISIS-imposed siege on the eastern Syrian city of Deir Ezzor, the United Nations have found the Syrian government responsible for the Khan Sheikhoun chemical attack that occurred earlier this year.

Days after the lifting of the siege on Deir Ezzor, the UN finds Syrian government responsible for Khan Sheikhoun chemical attack
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/09/un-days-after-lifting-of-siege-on-deir.html

At least 100 people were killed on April 4 this year in Khan Sheikhoun after a chemical attack.

The United Nations Independent Commission to Investigate Human Rights Violations also concluded that "the Syrian authorities used sarin gas at least seven times between March and June last."

However, despite the UN announcing that "the Syrian authorities were behind the incident" at Khan Sheikhoun, no UN investigators traveled to the attack site to gather samples or conduct investigations, making the findings dubious at best.

A military and diplomatic source has told Sputnik that a US Air Force plane had evacuated Daesh (ISIS, banned in Russia) field commanders from Deir ez-Zor. The US-led coalition has denied the allegations.

US Aircraft Evacuates Over 20 Daesh Commanders From Deir ez-Zor - Source
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201709071057182244-daesh-deir-ez-zor-us-evacuation/

"Amid successful actions by Syrian government troops in the eastern part of Syria in late August, a number of field [Daesh] commanders backed by US special services, had been promptly evacuated from Deir ez-Zor to safer regions in order to use their experience in other directions," a military and diplomatic source has told Sputnik.

The source said that the first such extraction took place on August 26, a "US Air Force helicopter" had evacuated 2 Daesh field commanders of "European origin" with members of their families from an area located to the north-west of Deir ez-Zor at night.

According to his data two days later, US choppers transferred 20 Daesh field commanders and militants close to them from an area south-eastern of the city of Deir ez-Zor to northern Syria.

Militants who lost their commanders due to the Americans, usually tend to cease organized actions, leave their positions, join other [Daesh terrorist] units or one by one flee. This eventually contributes to the success of the offensive by the Syrian government troops in eastern Syria," the source said.

When contacted by Sputnik, the Combined Joint Task Force of the Operation Inherent Resolve’s press office has called the allegations "false."

The US Army wants its forces deployed in South Korea to train for a potential attack with the use of hazardous materials, which could be radioactive or chemical.

US Army prepares forces in South Korea for WMD attack
https://www.rt.com/usa/402376-us-korea-training-wmd-attack/

The Army’s 718th Explosive Ordnance Disposal Company (EOD) in South Korea should be taught to be able to identify hazardous materials, “know how to perform basic control, containment and/or confinement operations,” as well as to be able implement decontamination procedures, according to the contract proposal which the Army posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website.

It is expected to be a two-week training course, taught on-site at the US Camp Humphreys base in South Korea.

The US has around 25,000 troops deployed in the country, at some 80 sites across the country.

In late August, the Pentagon posted another proposal for contractors to build walls around four US bases in South Korea to protect them from a potential attack.

This comes at a time of heightened tensions between the US and North Korea, following the latter’s recent missile tests, which Pyongyang called “gift packages” to the United States.

Following what North Korea claimed was a hydrogen bomb test on September 3, US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis warned of “a massive military response” to any threat from North Korea against the United States or its allies.

This week, the US began the deployment of four new Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) rocket launchers in Seongju County, some 300km south of Seoul, in addition to two already in operation there, the South Korean Defense Ministry said, citing an urgent need to mobilize the launchers amid growing threats from North Korea.

Dozens of protesters injured in clashes with police on Wednesday as hundreds took to the streets to oppose the installation of the THAAD system,
fearing the deployment will further escalate the crisis on the peninsula and make their town a primary target for the North’s potential attacks.

Abu Nasibah al-Tunisi of Tunisia has been killed during fighting in Syria’s Idlib Governorate. He had previously been the style-proclaimed emir/leader of Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham, the al-Qaeda group in Syria which is still commonly referred to as the al-Nusra Front.

Al-Qaeda/al-Nusra leader in Syria is killed
His death was the result of infighting between jihadist groups.
http://theduran.com/breaking-al-qaedaal-nusra-leader-syria-killed/

After being defeated in much of western Syria, including in the Battle of Aleppo which took place in December of 2016, Idlib remains one of the few areas in Syria where al-Qaeda has a notable presence although this too is fading fast.

Idlib has recently seen infighting between Salafist jihadist groups in a powerful struggle for remaining parts of the region not under the control of the legitimate government.

The infighting has included other breakaway al-Qaeda factions as well as those loyal to the Salafist umbrella group FSA.

Al-Masdar reports that the Muslim Brotherhood aligned terrorist group Ahrar al-Sham is widely thought to be behind the death of the al-Qaeda strongman.

A top leader (emir) of the Al-Qaeda-linked Ha’yat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) terrorist group has been assassinated in northern Idlib near the border with Turkey.

Top Al-Qaeda emir gunned down in Idlib
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/breaking-top-al-qaeda-emir-gunned-idlib/

Hours ago, unknown assailants gunned down HTS emir Abu Nasibah al-Tunisi, a Tunisian national, whilst he was traveling along Harem-Salqin road.

The assassins targeted Abu Nasibah al-Tunisi’s car with automatic fire, killing him instantly as well as another fighter that was present in the vehicle. So far no individual or group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

There are suspicions that the assassins belonged to the Muslim Brotherhood-linked Ahrar al-Sham militant group which is currently locked in an ongoing power struggle with HTS for control of the Idlib region.

The cleric accompanying Iran's 2017 Hajj pilgrims has been targeted and wounded by terrorists in Saudi Arabia.

Prominent Iranian cleric is targeted by assassins at Hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia
http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/09/breaking-prominent-iranian-cleric-is.html

The kingdom's police have launched a probe into the case to find those responsible for attacking cleric Hossein Esmaeili.

Esmaeili, who was accompanying pilgrims from Isfahan, was wounded on his shoulder and side of the body, after the would-be assassins attacked him from a motorcycle, before quickly escaping.

On the Korea situation, have a look at the video on twitter here:

https://twitter.com/IntheNow_tweet/status/905548435234983937

kenlee said:
Hesper said:

Good story... what happened with your brother? Did he just grow out of it or did you finally have to stand up to him to get him to stop being a bully?

*ADDED*

Laura said:
On the Korea situation, have a look at the video on twitter here:

https://twitter.com/IntheNow_tweet/status/905548435234983937

Great analysis, sad but resonates with me FWIW. I wonder if the population will "wake up" if they drop tactical nukes on the DPRK, or if they'll just sleep through another war crime? :cry:

Seamas said:
Good story... what happened with your brother? Did he just grow out of it or did you finally have to stand up to him to get him to stop being a bully?

I'd say both since as we got older in our teens the 2 years age difference mattered less and less and even if I didn't learn how to fight I'd still be big enough to handle him. But between the age of about 6-12 he always had the advantage in strength and that's when the bulling occurred.

The bulling stopped in the 6th grade when one day my best friend came up to me and said that he was introduced to this guy Steve Johnson who opened a Gung-Fu school near Phila. and taught the kind of fighting that 'Kato' did in the Green Hornet TV series. (Steve was one of Bruce Lee's original students when Lee began teaching martial arts in Oakland Calif.)

I knew of Kato in the TV series Green Hornet and never missed it (along with the Monkees and Batman TV series :D). So (I'll make this short) we both started taking lessons and doing sparring and learned the basics of fighting, proper stances, punching, kicking, and so on. I'd say that Steve Johnson was the closest thing to a real life superman that I have ever met up to that point (and after that as well)!

Anyway, after about 6 months of training my brother challenged me (since he still firmly believed that I was a big punk) and we put some gloves on but he couldn't touch me with his punches since I was fighting in a certain sense "scientifically" compared to his wild swinging and I simply picked him apart without even really trying. So he never bothered me after that although we sure argued a lot instead since we weren't physically fighting any more.

My brother was not a bully to other people, but only me. He was just your average kid when growing up but for some reason when we were younger he'd get into this mood, then look over at me, begin to foam at the mouth, and attack for no reason!

He's married, worked as a carpenter/cabinetmaker for a good part of his life, is pretty much a good obyvatel, lives close to me but we still have to be careful when we get together and not fall into our old ways. :)

North Korea explained in graphics (7 Pics)
http://www.yourdestinationnow.com/2017/09/north-korea-explained-in-graphics-7-pics.html

What is the history of the two Koreas

In 1950, North Korea invaded South Korea, starting the three-year Korean War. Since the signing of the armistice agreement in 1953, North and South Korea have been divided by a 4km wide demilitarized zone stretching 250km.

Seoul, South Korea's capital and largest city, is within close range of this demilitarized zone and could be hit by North Korean artillery in case of hostilities.

Both Koreas have steadily increased their military spending over the decades. The US has thousands of its troops stationed in the region, making the Korean Peninsula, located between the Sea of Japan and the Yellow Sea, one of the most militarized zones of the world. Today, North Korea spends more than any other country on military spending as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP). Nearly a quarter of its GDP goes towards the military.
With almost 1.2 million people currently serving in the military, North Korea also has the world's fourth largest army.

As world leaders have come and gone, North Korea's Kim dynasty has remained in power. (Article continues.)

When the US government decides it doesn't like a foreign regime, it's become something of a tradition for US politicians — with the help of a compliant media — to portray those leaders as irrational, unhinged, or even downright insane.

Why The War Party Loves To Call Foreign Leaders Insane
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-07/why-war-party-loves-call-foreign-leaders-insane

This was true of Saddam Hussein, and it was true of Slobodan Milosevic. In both cases, a foreign head of state was condemned as irrational in order to help justify US invasions and bombings of foreign nations that were no threat to the United States.

The US narrative usually goes something like this — as described by Ronnie Lipschutz:

Why would so-called rogues — and these are the only countries that, according to Washington, threaten US forces, allies, or interests — choose to [threaten the US]? No rational reason can be given, and so irrational ones are offered instead. They hate us, but for no reason since we have no designs on them. They desire vengeance, but for no reason since we have never offended them. They wish to injure us, for for no reason, since they have only been injured through their interference with our pusuit of order.

This narrative helps to reinforce the credulous American public's naive acceptance of the idea that the US government is an untrammeled force for good in the international sphere, and that any opposition to the US must be based on irrational, evil motives. If any other head of state is angry with the United States, it's simply because he absurdly desires world conquest, or to massacre innocents. Or he may even be insane. (Article continues.)

Tensions between the United States and North Korea have escalated following Pyongyang’s hydrogen bomb test. North Korea has described the recent atomic bomb test as a deterrent move and a gift for Washington. US President Donald Trump has fanned the flames of hostility by responding that an American military strike against Pyongyang would be “a very sad day for North Korea.” To discuss the spiraling escalation, Press TV has interviewed David Swanson, co-founder of warisacrime.org from Charlottesville, Virginia, and Brent Budowsky, a columnist of The Hill from Washington.

US begging for war, not North Korea: Analyst
http://presstv.com/Detail/2017/09/08/534420/North-Korea-US-War-Nuclear-Weapons

Swanson said that North Korea has clearly been open to negotiation in order to solve differences on militarization of the Korean Peninsula, but the United States has propped up its warmongering policy.

“It is US politicians and US major media outlets that are begging for war not North Korea,” because “North Korea has repeatedly and endlessly been open to negotiations,” the activist said on Thursday night.

The White House has threatened North Korea with a nuclear war, which is a clear violation of the UN charter; thus, President Trump needs to be impeached immediately and removed from office, Swanson noted.

He further said that “the US is now going to the UN and trying to get approval to stop North Korean ships on the open seas and search them for nuclear weapons and nuclear fuel." "This has the potential to create an incident with violence that immediately escalates into war,” he said.

Pointing to the history of Washington’s failures to live up to its commitments, the analyst said North Korea halted its nuclear program for over a decade back in the 1990s when the United States agreed to scale back its hostility, military exercises and militarization of South Korea, but America violated the agreement.

North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-un ordered the production of more rocket warheads and engines, shortly after the United States suggested that its threats of military action and sanctions were having an impact on Pyongyang’s behavior.

Swanson explained that “a diplomatic solution is not identical to a military solution,” whereas the US wants to achieve peace through further weaponization, belligerence, threats and sanctions against North Korea.

Brent Budowsky, the other contributor on the show, said, “What North Korea can be offered is the opportunity to end up with a negotiated diplomatic solution that guarantees through an agreement with the United States and other countries nonaggression against North Korea as part of a larger deal.”

However, the analyst cautioned, “Having nuclear weapons is not the only way or the best way for North Korea to guarantee its security. It can be done through diplomatic agreements.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin has suggested that North Korea will not abandon its nuclear weapons program because Pyongyang views its missiles and atomic weapons as its only means of self-defense.

Putin suggests North Korea will not give up nukes
http://presstv.com/Detail/2017/09/07/534327/Putin-North-Korea-nuclear-state-EEF

“They (the North Koreans) view the possession of atomic weapons and missile technology as their only means of protection. Do you think they’ll give it up now?” the Russian president said during the Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) in the far-eastern Russian city of Vladivostok on Thursday.

“It’s impossible to scare them,” he added.

The Russian president said North Korea was being provocative by advancing its missile and military nuclear programs but said any escalation of the dispute with Pyongyang would be “counter-productive.”

“The build-up of some military atmosphere, of hysteria, is counter-productive, in my opinion. It will lead to nothing, because what is happening now, of course, is a provocation from North Korea. This is quite obvious. They are provoking the situation, but if they are doing it, they are not stupid people, believe me. So, they expect the corresponding reaction from [their] partners, and they achieve it,” Putin said.

The Russian president repeated his stance that it is possible to resolve the dispute through diplomatic means, stressing that the issue was a top priority for development in East Asia.

There has been an uproar over Pyongyang’s sixth and the biggest nuclear test to date, which was conducted on September 3.

Earlier, North Korea had tested a missile by firing it through Japanese airspace, angering Tokyo and its ally the United States.

Tensions have been especially high between the US and North Korea. Washington has military presence on the Korean Peninsula and has threatened the North with military action over its weapons programs.

Japan urges ‘greatest possible pressure’ on North Korea - Also on Thursday, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who was in Russia for the EEF, called on the international community to “unite in applying the greatest possible pressure on North Korea” to have it abandon its nuclear and missile programs.

“We must make North Korea immediately and fully comply with all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions and abandon all its nuclear and ballistic missile programs in a complete, verifiable, and irreversible manner,” Abe said.

“North Korea is escalating an overt challenge to the peace, prosperity, law and order of the region and indeed the entire world,” he said.

North Korea is already under mounting international pressure over its missile and military nuclear programs and has been subjected to an array of sanctions by the United Nations. However, Pyongyang says it needs to continue and develop the programs as a deterrent against hostility by the United States and its regional allies, including South Korea and Japan.

China is focused on solving the Korean Peninsula nuclear issue through talks and peaceful means, Chinese President Xi Jinping told US President Donald Trump in a telephone call on Wednesday (Sept 6).

China’s Xi Jinping tells Donald Trump that North Korea nuclear issue must be solved via talks
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/chinas-xi-jinping-talks-to-donald-trump-about-korea-nuclear-issue

The United States and South Korea have asked the United Nations to consider tough new sanctions on North Korea after its nuclear test on Sunday that Pyongyang said was a advanced hydrogen bomb.

Washington and its allies have said there is a growing urgency for China, North Korea’s top trading partner, to apply more pressure on its already isolated neighbour to get it to back down on its nuclear weapons and missiles programmes.

China “unswervingly” works to realise denuclearisation on the Korean Peninsula and to safeguard the international nuclear non-proliferation system, Xi told Trump, according to a statement from China’s Foreign Ministry.

“At the same time, we always persist in safeguarding peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula and resolving the issue through dialogue and consultation,” Xi said. “It is necessary to stay on the path of a peaceful solution.”

Xi also said that China attaches importance to Trump’s visit to China later this year.

The statement cited Trump as saying that the United States was deeply concerned about the Korean nuclear issue and that it valued China’s “important role” in resolving the problem.

Back
Top Bottom