ScottiesTech.Info

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
#33
Oooh! Nice video's Scottie! And Kletus is totally the man. I liked how in the Faraday Box video, he quieted down as soon as you said 'Shh!'. That's the sign of a good co-host. :lol: Was wondering if I could request in some future shows if you could cover the topic of protection from the deadly EMF's.
 

latulipenoire

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
#34
Scottie said:
Ya know, I don't think I ever posted a link to my blog here that I started way back in 2009 - I guess because it isn't directly related to all things Cass/SOTT.

I do have a Latest World News section in my sidebar that links to SOTT articles. I also recently learned that one of my "biggest fans" found SOTT via my blog, so... what the heck! :halo:

So, for techie tips of various sorts:
https://scottiestech.info

I also recently started a YouTube channel to go along with my site:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwwVQFDR6cVQE1cybJHrvoQ

:knitting:
Wow, you have some great posts over there! Really useful for everyone! I've just downloaded the Notepad++, thank you for the suggestion, it's such a great substitute for that other thing that comes with the operating system. :perfect:
 

Learner

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
#36
Thank you very much for the links to your techie blog and your Youtube channel, Scottie! I consulted your blog some times in the past, and also have just watched some of the videos you made. I find them quite practical, and especially liked the one about the tinfoil box. Well done! :thup:

Turgon said:
Was wondering if I could request in some future shows if you could cover the topic of protection from the deadly EMF's.
I second this request!
 

Ant22

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
#37
Learner said:
Thank you very much for the links to your techie blog and your Youtube channel, Scottie! I consulted your blog some times in the past, and also have just watched some of the videos you made. I find them quite practical, and especially liked the one about the tinfoil box. Well done! :thup:

Turgon said:
Was wondering if I could request in some future shows if you could cover the topic of protection from the deadly EMF's.
I second this request!
Me too!

EMF is not only an interesting topic for us but I can see it being something other people would be interested to find out more about. Even yesterday when I was in the work kitchen getting my lunch ready someone started a conversation about "radiation from the microwave" with me. Well, most likely because our microwave is so old it probably remembers the industrial revolution.

A video on this subject could potentially be a good marketing tool for Scottie's Tech website. If you type in EMF protection in YouTube search bar, these videos have loads of views so please are clearly looking for it.

What would also be good to have a video on is something that people are looking for but there is not a lot of information available. YouTube version of cornering the market. :) Except that I've no idea what that would be :P
 

Scottie

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
#38
Ant22 said:
Learner said:
Turgon said:
Was wondering if I could request in some future shows if you could cover the topic of protection from the deadly EMF's.
I second this request!
Me too!
EMF protection is a rather tricky subject.

Aside from giving the advice "don't use WiFi and minimize cell phone use", there isn't much else I can say with any degree of certainty. And that doesn't even address household AC dirty electricity which appears to work in a way that hasn't even really been studied to a significant degree - at least as far as I know.

I don't even have any personal anecdotal evidence to talk about. So, that's a toughy.

Ant22 said:
EMF is not only an interesting topic for us but I can see it being something other people would be interested to find out more about. Even yesterday when I was in the work kitchen getting my lunch ready someone started a conversation about "radiation from the microwave" with me. Well, most likely because our microwave is so old it probably remembers the industrial revolution.
That part's easy: Stand at least 20" / 50cm away. DONE!

Ant22 said:
What would also be good to have a video on is something that people are looking for but there is not a lot of information available. YouTube version of cornering the market. :) Except that I've no idea what that would be :P
Yeah, that's the trick. I've written things before on my site that I thought would be earth-shattering since no one had the solution and lots of people needed it. Result? Total flop!

Then I write something like, "How to print an image on multiple pages in Windows" - which I thought was like "filler" content because I couldn't think of anything else to write about - and it practically goes viral.

It's VERY hard to predict what works and what doesn't. It often has nothing at all to do with what is actually popular or sought after.

The real "secret" with YT seems to be not even good content, but rather lots of content such that YT puts you in front of people's noses. So my plan is basically make a bunch of videos over time, get it out there, and hopefully my, um, "style" and good-enough content will give me some traction.

And THEN I can squeeze out a few "venting" videos here and there. :ninja:
 

Woodsman

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
#40
Ha ha!

Good stuff, Scottie!

I feel like we would have a lot to talk about in person. (Probably in a somewhat wasteful but otherwise fun use of energy.)

LED flashlights were like.., my nerdy obsession way back when white LEDs were first invented and trickling their way onto the market. Such an elegant technology! -Which industry has managed to corrupt with the current popular implementations; Most of them flicker now in computer screen monitors when dimmed. Too bad.

But yeah.., that's a very nice blog site. I think I may have even run across it during one of my personal project researches at some point in the past without realizing it was yours!
 

Nico

Jedi Master
#41
What about your view on Nikola Tesla work and some well thought inventions of your mind ? I think it will interest a lot of people on YT and it might a good source of inspiration !
 

ashu

Jedi Master
#43
Its a great website Scottie - especially since I am a tech dummie also. Those new videos are pretty informative and your humour adds nicely to the mix. Loved the faraday box vid :cool2:

Scottie said:
The real "secret" with YT seems to be not even good content, but rather lots of content such that YT puts you in front of people's noses. So my plan is basically make a bunch of videos over time, get it out there, and hopefully my, um, "style" and good-enough content will give me some traction.

And THEN I can squeeze out a few "venting" videos here and there. :ninja:
Sounds like a plan!
 

new_to_chess

Jedi
FOTCM Member
#44
Scottie, congrats on the blog and YT channel. Topics are fresh and you explain in a very easy-going manner, imho. You can make a separation between very easy topics and very tough subjects, depends on what your strategy for your channel is. If you want to make a YouTube viral success out of it, there are certain ways to do that, if you want to inform people, there will always be people, who will come by and enjoy your style of explaining, like I do. Excuse my binary logic, though, a middle ground can always be found, as well.

Do you have the time to do a hardcore one on FPGAs starting from simple basics, IF you are into that kind of stuff? Or machine learning? Or maybe "evolvable" hardware :wizard: I can help you with your channel/blog if you need anything.
 

Voyageur

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
#45
Shijing said:
Thanks for creating this, Scottie -- I've enjoyed your first several videos, and it's a good resource to refer other people to. I like Cletus too :cool:
Have been catching up with these also - and have to say, when the young-one comes of age and starts asking the 'why' questions about electricity, we will both be watching them together. Good stuff, Scottie!
 
Top Bottom