Seeking advice for my weakened microbiome

Due to the course of events many of the consultations date back weeks and months and I have not received any written statements. I actually remember walking into the office(s) saying "I think I have a gut flora disorder."

So then I would think it would be a good idea (that can't hurt either way) that you consult a physician (or two, or more= different opinions) as soon as possible, describing all your symptoms to them, and, that you assume it started after the colonoscopy. I would deliberately leave out (your assumption, it seems=) that it "might be a gut flora disorder", in order to not prime them. Make a list of all your symptoms as detailed as possible (leaving out your inferences about "what it means/is") and bring it with you when you go to the docs.

Then report back here what they have said and/or discovered. Could very well be that it is something else or that the docs notice something you didn't take into account.

I had been experimenting with water programming before. I think it was about general health then.
I think I got tired about speaking to every glass of water or forgot about it.

I could be putting tags on freshly filled water bottles while 'informing' the tags to 'program' the water.
Do you think it would be specific enough to just write 'heal my gut' on them?
In my experience, one needs to be as specific as possible. Based on what you have written I would suggest "Healing gut flora" and see how that works. Another option could be "Healing inflammation" as inflamed intestines can also cause some of the problems you have I believe.

When it comes to the programming of the water I have used to fill 3 glass bottles of 1 liter each. After that, I hold each one up, look at it and communicate that I recognize its consciousness. I smile and send positive vibes towards it. Then I ask if they could please help with a specific situation. I know it might sound silly but I feel a connection(could be my imagination of course).

Then I write down a code. It's very simple, I just convert the letters into numbers represented in the sentence. So for "Healing inflammation", I put this on stickers on the bottles. "Healing" = 8-5-1-12-9-14-7 and "Inflammation" = 9-14-6-12-1-13-13-1-20-9-15-14.

Then I wait 2 or 3 weeks and drink one normal-sized glass every morning on an empty stomach. When the first bottle is empty I start the process again and put that bottle at the back of the line. That way you are sure to always have some ready water to finish the 4 weeks or whatever period of time you will use it.

I use the homeopathic principle to not use it for too long and have times of breaks in between. This is to let the body/system have some rest and not push it too hard.

So then I would think it would be a good idea (that can't hurt either way) that you consult a physician (or two, or more= different opinions) as soon as possible, describing all your symptoms to them, and, that you assume it started after the colonoscopy. I would deliberately leave out (your assumption, it seems=) that it "might be a gut flora disorder", in order to not prime them. Make a list of all your symptoms as detailed as possible (leaving out your inferences about "what it means/is") and bring it with you when you go to the docs.

Then report back here what they have said and/or discovered. Could very well be that it is something else or that the docs notice something you didn't take into account.

The idea of consulting yet another physician seems like a good idea.

Then again I did make a detailed list of all my symptoms before and I would certainly bring along the laboratory results otherwise there would be good chance of being offered an anti-depressant.

Then I write down a code. It's very simple, I just convert the letters into numbers represented in the sentence. So for "Healing inflammation", I put this on stickers on the bottles. "Healing" = 8-5-1-12-9-14-7 and "Inflammation" = 9-14-6-12-1-13-13-1-20-9-15-14.

Then I wait 2 or 3 weeks and drink one normal-sized glass every morning on an empty stomach. When the first bottle is empty I start the process again and put that bottle at the back of the line. That way you are sure to always have some ready water to finish the 4 weeks or whatever period of time you will use it.

If I understand you correctly you're letting the water 'mature' for a couple weeks.

Fascinating concept I think I'll try it for myself. :-)

Things went downhill when I underwent two consecutive colonoscopies at the end of January and I developed sudden mood swings, exhaustion, agitation and periods with an accelerated pulse and tight muscles.
Intestinal lavage may have caused a vitamin and trace mineral imbalance which can cause such symptoms.

The intestinal lavage seems to have wrecked my microbiome.
Have you tried probiotic + trace mineral + vitamin + herbal enema or colema?
I personally do not use the board and just do the colema in sitting position. I have done the board method but the sitting method works just as well and less of a mess. This yt video help to understand the principle of bowel cleansing.

Have you tried live fermented vegetables such as sauerkraut and pickles,

I also recommend reading books on fermentation and start simple home probiotic cultures. Your home microbiology is your best source of probiotics.
Amazon Kindle $0.00

May I repeat my question whether adding serotonin in some form could alleviate the symptoms my enteric nervous system is producing?
Chasing symptoms will keep you chasing your tail. A holistic doctor/natural path/chiropractor/nutritionist will better help you see the big picture and guide you to a healthier existence.

In my experience, if symptoms are crazy and confusing then it is driven by fatigue. The best remedy for fatigue is to walk-n-sleep. Walk as much as you can then take a nap and after your nap then walk again. Do this everyday. You can usually correct the majority of your symptoms within 2 weeks with this simple regenerative therapy. After the 2 weeks you can easily clean up the residual problems with minor health adjustments.

The walking increases fluid flow, ventilates the blood and lymph, and calms the nerves ... free serotonin therapy.

I love this method because it is so simple, free, and very effective.

All the best.🚶‍♂️

Sounds like your diet is pretty varied. Mine was too, until recently. One thing that helped me out during an episode of pretty crushing fatigue is an elimination diet, paring things right down, no eggs, no coffee, no dairy, black tea, avocados, nuts, fruit, and very few carbs. Have you tried something like this yet? Often you can't know if you have a food sensitivity until you eliminate most foods, and then try reintroducing them.

Another thought is to try a food allergy test. If your gut flora is indeed impaired, there's even more reason to identify inflammatory foods, and prevent them from entering your system, and allowing you to go into repair mode.

I've seen some in-store sauerkrauts that are pasteurized. They have the zesty flavour of fermentation, but the probiotic benefits are highly suspect because they've been sterilized in some way prior to sale. I'd be sure to check the packaging of any store-bought fermented foods to make sure that it's still alive. Or, better yet, make some kraut. It's actually really easy, waaay cheaper, and fun!

A final note, may I ask what about your supplement regimen, in detail?

It was intended as a precaution (I'm over sixty) which I had been putting off for years.
Two adenoids (benign) had been removed, something went wrong and I developed internal bleeding.

So I had to return to the hospital five days later to have another colonoscopy (and another lavage).

May I repeat my question whether adding serotonin in some form could alleviate the symptoms my enteric nervous system is producing?

Ok!

FWIW - I am not sure how much I trust microbiome stool analysis to asses commensals. For genuine pathogens - great! But the overall microbiome is complex and numbers are not necessarily all that accurate for the overall composition. However, colonoscopy can be a major stressor, and since you developed some complications, it sounds like your colon might still be dealing with some stress.

Not sure about serotonin. Serotonin is primarily a byproduct released from intestinal cells to promote spasmodic peristalsis, so unless you are severely constipated, I don't know what (if any) benefit that would have.

Here is a collection of things which I have had some fairly excellent success with in people suffering from colonic inflammation/stress:

Therapeutic enemas - the purpose of which is provide direct support to the colonocytes, bypassing the ordinary routes of digestion:

• Perform the enema daily where possible, but at least 3 times per week if daily enemas are not doable. Use 1-2 cups of distilled water as a medium

• Rotate recipes week-by-week. Cycle every 3 weeks

• Aim to retain the enema solution for at least 20 minutes if possible. Empty each of the following capsules into distilled water enema solution.

1. Week 1: 2 caps sodium butyrate (approx 1200mg) + Probiotic 2-3 caps (any, ideally including lactobacillus plantarum)
  2. Week 2: Colostrum (1 scoop) + L-glutamine 10-15 grams
  3. Week 3: 2 Vitamin E capsules + L-glutamine 10-15 grams

The L-glutamine is used as a source of energy production by colonocytes and is also incorporated into their structure, it helps repair damaged intestinal tissue.

The butyrate is a potent anti-inflammatory and is also used as a source of fatty acids for energy production in colonocytes. Likewise, vitamin E is effective at reducing intestinal inflammation/oxidative stress. The colostrum is a rich source of immunoglobulins which restore intestinal-based immune function, HOWEVER if you have a strong dairy intolerance, you can replace it with dairy-free serum-derived immunoglobulins (SBI Protect or Mega IgG2000)

If intestinal cell function is compromised, the composition of gut flora changes anyway. As you described, probiotics essentially "wash away" and have difficulty attaching to damaged tissue. The aim should be to promote integrity of tissue first and foremost. IMO the best way to do this is to bypass the stomach and small intestine and provide those nutrients directly to the colon via enema.

Regular consumption of meadowsweet tea with chamomile (5-6 cups/day) may also help to reduce inflammation (if present) throughout the gut.

I am struggling with a prolonged dysfunction of the gut flora.

Things went downhill when I underwent two consecutive colonoscopies at the end of January and I developed sudden mood swings, exhaustion, agitation and periods with an accelerated pulse and tight muscles. The intestinal lavage seems to have wrecked my microbiome.

The gut microflora test in March resulted in the detection of two significantly lowered bacteria:

- E. coli < 10^4 [ref. 10^6 - 10^7]

- bifidobacterium spec. < 10^7 [ref. 10^9 - 10^11]

Three months later I'm literally taking two hands full of probiotics and prebiotics a day (I was introduced to the necessity of taking prebiotics only some weeks ago). The situation has indeed improved somewhat. I'm currently at 14 to 18 days of 'relative well being' (which includes tenseness, nervousness or unease) and a relapse of a couple of days with feeling really sick.

My impression is that the newly added bacteria occasionally seem to 'slide away' but I may be wrong...

I have been warned that the procedure of healing the microbiome could take many months.
This condition is quite debilitating as I often don't find the energy to take walks or get on my bike.

My natural health practitioner is pushing for the consumption of 500 grams of vegetables a day and I have already introduced whole-grain rye and spelt bread into my diet for the sake of dietary fibers.

I'm prepared to do almost anything to get out of this hole.

The symptoms I'm experiencing seem to indicate that the gut may not be able to produce sufficient serotonin.

I wonder if my condition would improve if I tried some 5-HTP or L-Tryptophan or anything other that helps to build serotonin...
UM, around 2010 I contracted c. diff while helping someone clean their mother's home who had died of c. diff. I didn't realize at first that I had it - thinking that I just couldn't eat certain foods anymore because I was getting older. Long story short, after several weeks of not feeling myself, I collapsed at work one morning and was rushed to the hospital in a state of near septic shock. After five different doctors with five different specialties did the works on me and said I was healthy as a horse, except for the fact I almost died in the ambulance :scared:, they tested my bowels and found out I had c. diff. Immediately the floor I was on was locked down and I was in quarantine.

Now, I was given everything I needed to get better but was told that I might have episodes in fits and starts throughout my life and should include yogurt daily in my diet in order to not 'flare up' again. I did get better and I did eat a lot of yogurt, but I still had some difficulties. After research into c. diff and gut biomes, I found that Lactobacillus Reuteri (found in mother's milk, by the by) was reputed to be effective in reducing the overabundance of 'bad' bacteria in the gut. Of course I wanted to try it!

I found the best source for Lactobacillus Reuteri for me was in the Lifetime brand of kefirs. It worked. It took several years - although I no longer had 'problems' after a few weeks of drinking several cups of it a day, but I finally weaned myself off of the kefir and found out I no longer had the overabundance of 'bad' bacteria - and no c. diff in my system. I know each of us have individual body chemistries, but felt I should at least mention what worked for me. :hug2:

UM, around 2010 I contracted c. diff while helping someone clean their mother's home who had died of c. diff. I didn't realize at first that I had it - thinking that I just couldn't eat certain foods anymore because I was getting older. Long story short, after several weeks of not feeling myself, I collapsed at work one morning and was rushed to the hospital in a state of near septic shock. After five different doctors with five different specialties did the works on me and said I was healthy as a horse, except for the fact I almost died in the ambulance :scared:, they tested my bowels and found out I had c. diff. Immediately the floor I was on was locked down and I was in quarantine.

Now, I was given everything I needed to get better but was told that I might have episodes in fits and starts throughout my life and should include yogurt daily in my diet in order to not 'flare up' again. I did get better and I did eat a lot of yogurt, but I still had some difficulties. After research into c. diff and gut biomes, I found that Lactobacillus Reuteri (found in mother's milk, by the by) was reputed to be effective in reducing the overabundance of 'bad' bacteria in the gut. Of course I wanted to try it!

I found the best source for Lactobacillus Reuteri for me was in the Lifetime brand of kefirs. It worked. It took several years - although I no longer had 'problems' after a few weeks of drinking several cups of it a day, but I finally weaned myself off of the kefir and found out I no longer had the overabundance of 'bad' bacteria - and no c. diff in my system. I know each of us have individual body chemistries, but felt I should at least mention what worked for me. :hug2:

Thank you @Alix for your input. One of the products I'm currently using actually contains L. reuteri among eleven lactobacilli and a number of bifidobacteria. My new health practicioner is working to refine and improve my intake of probiotics.

Interestingly I also had contracted C. difficile some years ago while visiting my mother in hospital when she had an operation.
It seems to be one of those hospital bugs you can easily pick up. It showed up on intestinal examinations but seems to have been neutralized as time went by.

Back
Top Bottom