Seminars at Quantum Future School, still have those?

Eww, french.

This is an old Microsoft interview question. They love puzzles up there. I could cheat and look it up, but I'm going to be honest. And why would I want to revisit cheating here in my life review anyway? Honesty is always easier anyway.

It's all about angles. The hands will meet up only once per hour, so it's just figuring out where they meet up.

tm = 2*pi*t, where t is in hours (tm is theta(sub)m)
th = 2*pi/12*t + offset (th is theta(sub)h)
offset = 2*pi/12*t1
tm=th

So, let's build the table

t1 = 0, tm = 0, th = 0, t = 0
t1 = 1, tm = 2pi/11, th = 2pi/11, t = 1/11
t1 = 2, tm = 4pi/11, th = 4pi/11, t = 2/11
t1 = 3, tm = 6pi/11, th = 6pi/11, t = 3/11
t1 = 4, tm = 8pi/11, th = 8pi/11, t = 4/11
t1 = 5, tm = 10pi/11, th = 10pi/11, t = 5/11

The hands meets up in multiples of 1/11 hours.

Anyways, is it something to do with an 11 sided polygon called a hendecagon? Both clock hands line up together where the angles of a hendecagon are. The internal angles are 147.272727 degrees.
That's the geometry from the algebra, not your everyday polytope. John Chang has the absolute position equations, I was just thinking in terms of minutes offset from the "expected" (expected being 12:00, 1:05, 2:10... 10:50, 11:55). For the 12th aka zero hour the offset is zero and for the 11th hour it is 5 minutes so the offset is 5h/11 minutes where h is the hour. The 11 in the denominator gives you the hendecagon. You don't get a crossing for the 11th hour cause the crossing occurs at the 12th aka zero hour (12:00).

Wooo puzzle fun, i didn't get any of em right... maybe ill just stop in and say hello when im in france lol.

John Chang said:
http://www.gravitation3d.com/magiccube5d/

Regular Rubik's Cube is hard enough. My head hurts just looking at it. :)
Oh no, I've been Rubiks free for probably 15 years now... I prefer my 5-dim objects with no twistable parts... The 5-dim version of rotating a cuboctahedron to see a Star of David projection is enough for me... I hope... :)

Here comes the new puzzle: What is this:

not-so-sacred-geometry-1.jpg

Hint1: this is one of the images for the new paper I am working on right now. You will not find exactly this image anywhere on internet, though you may find slightly different projections of the same not-so-sacred geometry THING.

Hint2: there is a LOT of Golden Ratios (Phi and phi) involved in the construction of this THING

Hint3: The THING is NOT living in 3D

Hint4: There is a LOT of 3's and 5's involved in this THING

Strange, no idea what it is, but when my eyes move over the lines it gives the impression of movement. Leftover's from the lysergic acid diethylamide i suppose. The threes and fives remind me of genetic structure (im a gene freak), but i dont see how this could represent genetics. My best guess is that its a model of some sort, representing someTHING, but alas im lackin specifics.

Even though i cant get them i love these puzzles ark, keep em comin!

Vulcan59 said:
Looks like what is called a Decagon. But there seems to be much more to it.
It would have been a decagon if it was flattened in a 2D state.
It reminds me of the 1000 petaled lotus somehow...

ark said:
Here comes the new puzzle: What is this:

[...]

Hint1: this is one of the images for the new paper I am working on right now. You will not find exactly this image anywhere on internet, though you may find slightly different projections of the same not-so-sacred geometry THING.

Hint2: there is a LOT of Golden Ratios (Phi and phi) involved in the construction of this THING

Hint3: The THING is NOT living in 3D

Hint4: There is a LOT of 3's and 5's involved in this THING
Hmm, just a wild, wild guess:

a) There is the number 10 if it is viewed in 2D and 10 is supposed to be not a good number or something since I remember reading something about base 10 being the wrong math or something...hmm

b) You hinted at the 353535 code, and I also see bunch of pentagons for 5 dimensional space...

c) you mentioned it is not living in 3D...yet there is bunch of triangles for 3 dimensional space...

So, perhaps, and this is just a wild guess for fun, this is the geometrical representation of our mutual illusion of "time", and so, it is the "time loop" we are stuck in by moving back and forth between 3D and 5D after "death" and "birth" due to our perceptions being bonded mutually through a genetic program engineered and activated by 4D STS to "imprison" us to see reality in this specifically rigid and solid form of matter since 309000 years ago as we measure it? So, maybe, this is a geometrical representation of the Matrix Control System! Bah, Or maybe I am just wishfully associating due to my Being's habitual mechanicalness? Hehe, :D hmm, is it the Former, or is it the latter? Meh, I am likely over my head here and so it is probably the latter :) Well, back to finishing my laundry before going to bed. Thanks for sharing the cool image.

Hint5: The THING has its "polar opposite". They both live in the same space. Here is the "polar"

not-so-sacred-geometry-2.png

Well first it reminded me at looking on the top of sphere made of lines. Then it reminded me of the old Eurovision sign :)

32f4704c88.jpg

Well at the moment I have no idea but Arks remarks makes it for sure interesting.
Can it be that it's some kind of mapping of a 4D object into 2D (=computer screen) (like those pictures of the hypercube)?

Back
Top Bottom