Session 10 December 2016

Gandalf said:
Laura said:
luc said:
So yeah, maybe there was some sort of timeline shift and we are slightly better off now with Trump (and Putin) in office. But the main branch of the universe we are on is still headed towards a very rude awakening as far as I can see. So this puts the responsibility back to where it belongs: each single individual - us. So let's do the best we can every day to 'push the envelope' towards service to others, to increase the level of our being, to send a signal. As far as I understand it, this could lead to some sort of 'quantum jump' - it's probably a very long shot, but it's the only thing that's left, and it's the right thing to do.

Well said. Sorry for one-liner, but this says pretty much what I'm thinking/feeling. It's not time to just "sit back and enjoy the show" though certainly we should "enjoy ourselves blue" in the Don Juan/Seers of the Conquest sense.

Indeed, totally well said Luc. Thanks for writing it so clearly.

Indeed! Let's all send a signal via links, thoughts, pics, gifs, anything... That people 'like'/'share' them or not on social network does not matter, because anyway:

Morpheus_talking_about_shares_on_Social_network.jpg.png

Morpheus_parle_du_partage_sur_les_r%C3%A9seaux_sociaux.jpg.png

On social media in my case since I'm almost all the day on the computer now I'm constantly sharing the articles, memes, etc, that we are all sharing. Got Twitter recently, so I don't use it that much, but now I'm on the field re tweeting and sharing there too. I did get some comments from a "friend" about what a "hater" I was being with the whole "hack" situation, and he even sent me this picture of Putin and Bush, claiming Putin was a freemason, bla bla, :headbash: so I did nothing but shared some articles with him and that's it.

I did get some positive feedback from a teacher that used to be my professor back at journalism school, and he extended his kudos to everyone at SOTT and offered himself to contribute in sharing the memes :) So it's like some other members are saying here, maybe some people won't even read it, but some will do and the message is what counts :) :headbanger:

I've also gotten positive feedback from friends who I had no idea felt the way they did about what I post on FB. It is encouraging to know there are silent supporters out there who look towards and depend on us providing the social proof so they don't doubt their impressions. That feedback, for me at least, buoyed my spirits and served as a reminder to me that it's not all in vain.

Marina9 said:
I did get some positive feedback from a teacher that used to be my professor back at journalism school, and he extended his kudos to everyone at SOTT and offered himself to contribute in sharing the memes :) So it's like some other members are saying here, maybe some people won't even read it, but some will do and the message is what counts :) :headbanger:

That's great, Marina9! I've gotten some positive feedback too and it is heartening and affirming. If we can help even one person question what they believe or give validation to those who have trouble speaking up, that's a good thing. :rockon:

Beau said:
I've also gotten positive feedback from friends who I had no idea felt the way they did about what I post on FB. It is encouraging to know there are silent supporters out there who look towards and depend on us providing the social proof so they don't doubt their impressions. That feedback, for me at least, buoyed my spirits and served as a reminder to me that it's not all in vain.

Same here. I even had friends call me out of the blue to ask me question about political developments - people who never commented or liked anything! And even if it's just a few, it's worth it IMO. Plus, I noticed overtime that at least some started liking a few of my posts; I take it as a sign that they follow my posts but are reluctant to like the more controversial ones. But the price is of course that you will be attacked sometimes, but I guess this is part of the lesson. Better that than lying on the deathbed and regretting that a few morons kept you from speaking up against the atrocities committed in our name I think.

luc said:
Beau said:

Same here. I even had friends call me out of the blue to ask me question about political developments - people who never commented or liked anything! And even if it's just a few, it's worth it IMO. Plus, I noticed overtime that at least some started liking a few of my posts; I take it as a sign that they follow my posts but are reluctant to like the more controversial ones. But the price is of course that you will be attacked sometimes, but I guess this is part of the lesson. Better that than lying on the deathbed and regretting that a few morons kept you from speaking up against the atrocities committed in our name I think.

Well said!

MK Scarlett said:
Gandalf said:
Laura said:
luc said:
So yeah, maybe there was some sort of timeline shift and we are slightly better off now with Trump (and Putin) in office. But the main branch of the universe we are on is still headed towards a very rude awakening as far as I can see. So this puts the responsibility back to where it belongs: each single individual - us. So let's do the best we can every day to 'push the envelope' towards service to others, to increase the level of our being, to send a signal. As far as I understand it, this could lead to some sort of 'quantum jump' - it's probably a very long shot, but it's the only thing that's left, and it's the right thing to do.

Well said. Sorry for one-liner, but this says pretty much what I'm thinking/feeling. It's not time to just "sit back and enjoy the show" though certainly we should "enjoy ourselves blue" in the Don Juan/Seers of the Conquest sense.

Indeed, totally well said Luc. Thanks for writing it so clearly.

Indeed! Let's all send a signal via links, thoughts, pics, gifs, anything... That people 'like'/'share' them or not on social network does not matter, because anyway:

Morpheus_talking_about_shares_on_Social_network.jpg.png

Morpheus_parle_du_partage_sur_les_r%C3%A9seaux_sociaux.jpg.png

I think it should be:

Keep planting seeds
Their subconscious mind is awake
Even if their conscience is asleep (or consciousness)

Menrva said:
Marina9 said:

That's great, Marina9! I've gotten some positive feedback too and it is heartening and affirming. If we can help even one person question what they believe or give validation to those who have trouble speaking up, that's a good thing. :rockon:

Yes, that's fantastic and uplifting and validating news!

Laura said:
luc said:

Thanks Luc and Laura. Could I ask a question here about personal responsibility here? Does that apply to things like reducing ecological footprint or fuel consumption?

I got in a debate with a close friend of mine on Christmas eve about my online posting from that "fake news site" (he said he liked the esoteric stuff there, but the political stuff much less). He disliked it because he thought posting online about things wouldn't make a difference at all ever, etc. etc.. But I think it largely stems from the fact that he's been chatting online with a person who lived in Aleppo these past few years. He has the empathy to sympathize and remark about how tragic it is, but I don't get why that lets him call me or another a "know-nothing" (so to speak) just because I rely on investigative journalists by 2nd or 3rd hand to figure out what's going on there. I asked him if he had another idea for helping to fix the middle east, and he suggested I never drive a car again and take transit instead. :rolleyes: I've been on a few airplane flights this year. Even if I never drove again that would not compensate for the fossil fuels burned from flying.... I lost a lot of respect for the guy because it's the typical hippie martyrdom. He uses the same types of arguments to justify vegetarianism. Also, I think he underestimates the power of truth and information shaping the cosmos all on its own.

But I did agree that if everyone tried to divest and minimize fuel consumption, that would help divert money away from the OPEC despots, reducing their ability to finance terror, etc. The problem with that is that the world's problems don't come from economic limitations. Normal, smart, sympathetic people with common sense can easily see that sustainable energy is better long term for combating pollution. I pointed out that the problem with that is that psychopaths are the chief problem. They just enjoy dominating and destroying others, and even if we switched to a sustainable world that's still only addressing the root problems of the world by proxy. That doesn't seem to be as "sexy" an answer as "we can fix it all by personal and lifestyle choices". It could also simply be the networking and "butterfly" aspect is being neglected. I don't know. I think my bonds with the person is distorting my ability to clearly see the flaws in his thinking. What do other people think?

[quote author= whitecoast]What do other people think?[/quote]

The Irony here is that Mother Earth doesn't care about those people.

He can hug as many trees as he wants. Doesn't chance the fact that the planet will shake those people off like a bad case of fleas.

I suggest he turns phytophiliac. (Ecosexuals Believe Having Sex with the Earth Could Save It) 3D life obviously was a mistake for him.

If fossil fuels is the one thing that is so traumatizing for him. Than you are really don't get or truly care what is happening on the BBM.

whitecoast said:
I got in a debate with a close friend of mine on Christmas eve about my online posting from that "fake news site" (he said he liked the esoteric stuff there, but the political stuff much less). He disliked it because he thought posting online about things wouldn't make a difference at all ever, etc. etc.. But I think it largely stems from the fact that he's been chatting online with a person who lived in Aleppo these past few years. He has the empathy to sympathize and remark about how tragic it is, but I don't get why that lets him call me or another a "know-nothing" (so to speak) just because I rely on investigative journalists by 2nd or 3rd hand to figure out what's going on there. I asked him if he had another idea for helping to fix the middle east, and he suggested I never drive a car again and take transit instead. :rolleyes: I've been on a few airplane flights this year. Even if I never drove again that would not compensate for the fossil fuels burned from flying.... I lost a lot of respect for the guy because it's the typical hippie martyrdom. He uses the same types of arguments to justify vegetarianism. Also, I think he underestimates the power of truth and information shaping the cosmos all on its own.

Whitecoast,
I too have been belittled (known nothing? How ignorant of HIM to say that) by that form of "elitism" In this case it is somehow more important to be there or some kind of authority from there to get credibility, even if your data is perfectly clear and documented. My ex girlfriend was a doctor, and anything that pointed out issues in her field was quickly put down by her reminding me that I'm not a doctor or researcher. Needless to say, I got angry and told her that the data speaks for itself if she wasn't too lazy to skip over it!

I hate to say it, but it helps me to label those kind of people as a form of authoritarian follower. They don't think for themselves, by using critical thinking he could have seen that some things are not always true.

I think it's best just to not convince him anything. The irony is that without oil profits, the middle east might have issues, as we have seen before the Russian sanctions which slowed oil sales from there. Sigh, everyone has a "genius idiot" solution to the world's problems... haha

LOL, By the way, flying is very efficient. An almost full plane taking into account the number of passengers more than offsets the fuel per person. I saw an analysis of a 747 almost full getting about 100 mpg per person.
It's also funny when it comes to the danger of flying vs driving. Per mile, flying has much less odds of being hurt or killed than driving (or public transit, haha).

But I'm preaching to the choir here, we use critical thinking- where most people hardly seem to think.

Divide By Zero said:
whitecoast said:

Whitecoast,
I too have been belittled (known nothing? How ignorant of HIM to say that) by that form of "elitism" In this case it is somehow more important to be there or some kind of authority from there to get credibility, even if your data is perfectly clear and documented. My ex girlfriend was a doctor, and anything that pointed out issues in her field was quickly put down by her reminding me that I'm not a doctor or researcher. Needless to say, I got angry and told her that the data speaks for itself if she wasn't too lazy to skip over it!

I hate to say it, but it helps me to label those kind of people as a form of authoritarian follower. They don't think for themselves, by using critical thinking he could have seen that some things are not always true.

I think it's best just to not convince him anything. The irony is that without oil profits, the middle east might have issues, as we have seen before the Russian sanctions which slowed oil sales from there. Sigh, everyone has a "genius idiot" solution to the world's problems... haha

LOL, By the way, flying is very efficient. An almost full plane taking into account the number of passengers more than offsets the fuel per person. I saw an analysis of a 747 almost full getting about 100 mpg per person.
It's also funny when it comes to the danger of flying vs driving. Per mile, flying has much less odds of being hurt or killed than driving (or public transit, haha).

But I'm preaching to the choir here, we use critical thinking- where most people hardly seem to think.

Yup, I can totally relate to that! I used to think that I could help people see the full picture if only I used the right arguments that resonated with them. But I've now gotten to the point where I think the "software" to understand certain concepts and truths that go beyond some people's pre-established beliefs just isn't there. It would be a complete waste of my time and energy to keep hitting my head against the wall.

As the saying goes, "in the age of information ignorance is a choice" and I guess they also have their free will to reject my arguments and stay where they are.

There are enough people with the right "software" out there who are capable of awakening to the "social proof". And you never know what words or news might strike a cord and inspire them to check the facts and data for themselves.
If it does, I'll make sure to explain and answer any questions they may have because a couple of years back someone did that for me too - and that set me on a path that eventually brought me here.

This is why it's important to me to only share content I'm comfortable with in terms of the amount and quality of facts I myself have gathered about it. Cognitive dissonance is a common initial response - and I must sheepishly admit that it was my first reaction too. It takes sufficient amount of information to support my point with, otherwise it will look like I'm trying to contradict their "facts" with my opinions and that's a short-cut to a disaster. For them, for me and most importantly - for the truth.

Just my two cents :)

I am very encouraged by the idea of 'putting Trump's feet in the fire' and anyone else we can do this too. It makes sense that we play the MSM and cyber teams at their own game.

It is far far from useless and an exceedingly god use of our time. So not only do we get info out there like we always do. But now we also have targets to aim at :cool:

I still get peeps out of the blue saying how they look forward to reading my posts and thanks for the daily efforts - usually when I have had a bad hair day and needed the encouragement.

I lost about 70 people after the Trump win - so didn't want the snowflakes anyway. Since then have had a similar number of new people joining. Already got 50 members on my Liz2 page (cos I was close to my 5000 limit on my original FB page). Ok it means double work and that is double exposure!!

Plus Twitter seems to always stay around 370 is people for some strange reason!

There is far less 'interaction' for the number of peeps i have on board but every so often I can get 500 shares on a Sott article - so they are still there somewhere. I have no idea how many people actually turn my notifications off - is there any way of telling? As wasted friend numbers really.

I think it is a good idea to alternate not always been seen to be a mouth piece for Sott and use the original articles.
I am looking forward for some meme posts to start firing. Still not able to get to grips with it. I prefer to just be able to save an image and then down load it to Twitter or FB. Can also be re-used that way too.

I for one certainly would prefer to go to my 'grave' knowing I did what I could - as much as I could - daily to change the status quo/wake the sleepers than have not done a single thing. Best use of my energy and service for having this earthly opportunity for growth and knowledge imo.

For some reason my life seems to be in a beneficial flow atm. I pray it will last. What a difference it sure makes to my inner well-being. So I must be doing something right, have unblocked some blockages - perhaps from 'giving' more energy wise? Cannot think of any other truthful answer fwiw (and I mean ALL aspects of my life - which has NEVER happened as far as I can remember). So maybe same will happen to others. Crystal connection must be one factor for sure - AND the extra connections coming that Laura has planned has me very excited for all of us, if this has been MY benefits so far! :cool: :)

[quote author= whitecoast]What do other people think?[/quote]

[/quote]
It sounds as what you said, he probably isn't the best to make assesments about reality since this is a justification. If he was to live his religion he wouldn't fly on a plane no matter what other justification he can come up with. But that is what he wants to believe. He is still effecting a change at some other level.

Because this is a war of information THIS is important and makes a change, if we were to post nonsense instead of news, who would do our part?

He can sit on his pedestal say "oh why don't you go to syria and save them" (as i ve been told before by a friend) but i don't speak syrian and am not in a possition of power to effect a direct change on the situation, but from our small situation we effect a change on our field of interaction, 6 degress of separation, the butterfly wings and all that..

whitecoast said:
Thanks Luc and Laura. Could I ask a question here about personal responsibility here? Does that apply to things like reducing ecological footprint or fuel consumption?

But I did agree that if everyone tried to divest and minimize fuel consumption, that would help divert money away from the OPEC despots, reducing their ability to finance terror, etc. The problem with that is that the world's problems don't come from economic limitations. Normal, smart, sympathetic people with common sense can easily see that sustainable energy is better long term for combating pollution. I pointed out that the problem with that is that psychopaths are the chief problem. They just enjoy dominating and destroying others, and even if we switched to a sustainable world that's still only addressing the root problems of the world by proxy. That doesn't seem to be as "sexy" an answer as "we can fix it all by personal and lifestyle choices". It could also simply be the networking and "butterfly" aspect is being neglected. I don't know. I think my bonds with the person is distorting my ability to clearly see the flaws in his thinking. What do other people think?
Just another point, our electricity is generated by a number of sources, and a high proportion is generated from "fossil fuels" (see this link from the US Energy Information Administration). If the prediction in that link is correct, it will be a long time before we develop a truly sustainable energy infrastructure. Renewable energy from solar and wind is just not stable (they produce energy intermittently) enough to be an important contributor, although they might in the future, dependent on development of higher efficiencies and better and safer energy storage systems. In any case, natural gas is a much cleaner fuel when compared to coal. This is just my opinion based on the experience in the field I'm involved with professionally.

Back
Top Bottom