Session 11 October 2014

Redrock12 said:
My daily cold showers are getting a lot colder since the onset of winter weather. But I can't imagine missing a day without them.
Glad you're getting better Laura. :hug2:

I agree to all the above. Michigan is cold now and winter is on it's way here.

After a month of 10 minute cold showers many changes are taking place. My nose runs off and on for the first hour afterward. I really don't mind that a whole lot although my wife feels the need to remind me . :love: My hands were taking about an hour or two to warm back to normal so it was hard to roll my cigarettes for the work day. I have since tried no to subject my hands to the cold water as much now and that has helped a lot. I never cold shower before bed. The first time I did l slept like a log for the first four hours and then i would wake up about every hour or so afterward. I haven't done that in a long time. My energy levels have increased. I'm eating one half cup of bone broth almost everday and put extra leaf lard with most my meals. :thup: l love that stuff. It also makes my dry skin disappear. Buckwheat blints with amaranth and ground flax seed might be helping with the energy levels, l'm not sure. I put one in my lunch 5 days a week. The most amazing thing though is my music taste have changed soon after starting the cold protocol. I went from alt country, folk and blues to atmospheric black metal! Do you know how old l am? I mean everyone is shocked. "What is going on with Mike"? No one is more befuddled about this taste change than l am. Agalloch, Ulver, Caladan brood, Alcest, Insomnium, and Gallowbraid, l never in my life have ever been able to tolerate metal music period. Now in the last month this is all l will or want to listen to. :headbanger: l slather magnesium oil on my feet lower back and shoulders almost everyday... my how l love this stuff! Oh, by the way the skin burning from the cold showers has just dissap peared and l don't dread setting the timer and turning the tap to cold anymore. :cool2:

l thank you all for instructing me on how to stimulate the vagus nerves and how best to boost my immune system through diet changes. The one thing that really makes a difference for me is the notion that many here are sharing the same experience. I really have a hard time understanding why a shared experience motivates me to such a degree but it truly does.

Leonel said:
Maybe I'm understanding something wrong...but the C´s said that Caesar was born 1635 years ago (session 12 July 2014) that's late IV century...and Judas's revolution seems to happen when Augustus was Emperor...

So I don't understand how Judas the Galilean was born in 14BC...

Augustus ruled right after Caesar, who died in "44 BC". So Judas was born 30 years after Caesar died.

So when they say 14 BC, they're referring to the chronological system we are used to. Like saying Caesar died in "44 BC". "44 BC" is just a placeholder. It doesn't necessarily tell us the absolute date (e.g., 2014+plus+44 years ago). It just lets us know when things happened relative to other things.

Forget about the C's re-dating for now. It'll only get confusing when dealing with 'standard history'. But it will be helpful once we figure out exactly where years got added.

Approaching Infinity said:
Leonel said:
Maybe I'm understanding something wrong...but the C´s said that Caesar was born 1635 years ago (session 12 July 2014) that's late IV century...and Judas's revolution seems to happen when Augustus was Emperor...

So I don't understand how Judas the Galilean was born in 14BC...

Augustus ruled right after Caesar, who died in "44 BC". So Judas was born 30 years after Caesar died.

So when they say 14 BC, they're referring to the chronological system we are used to. Like saying Caesar died in "44 BC". "44 BC" is just a placeholder. It doesn't necessarily tell us the absolute date (e.g., 2014+plus+44 years ago). It just lets us know when things happened relative to other things.

Forget about the C's re-dating for now. It'll only get confusing when dealing with 'standard history'. But it will be helpful once we figure out exactly where years got added.

Thank you Bluelamp and Approaching Infinity

I was thinking about this timeline:

379 AD Caesar was born July 12th. A comet is seen by the people.

400 AD Rome's population dropped from roughly 65 million to 50 million. Some people believe that this was due to an overall cold front swept the land.

435 AD March 15th Julius Caesar was assassinated. Caesar´s deification, another comet is seen by the people. The comet became a powerful symbol of political propaganda that launched the career of Augustus. The Temple of Divus Julius was built later to promote the cult of the comet. According to Ovid in the back of the temple a huge image of Caesar with a blazing comet on the forehead was placed in order to "make that soul a star that burns forever, on the forum and the gates of Rome." Christianism version 1.0 was born taking elements from Mithraism and stoicism.

435+ AD Judas's Revolution (?)

500 AD The Romans gradually lost control of the empire while other groups, the stronger moved through the area. There were many battles, and the Romans were defeated.

564 AD Loss of civilization structure due to an air blast of comets. Justinian Plague (??) New Roman Empire in the East (???)

564+ AD Dark Ages... Christianism version 2.0 Caesar+Judas= Jesus. Raise of the Roman Catholic Church.

I'm just speculating.

Here's an article that is up on SOTT about adapting to cold while you sleep:

http://www.sott.net/article/289278-Adapting-to-cold-while-you-sleep-enhances-metabolism-and-improves-health

For the new study,published in June in Diabetes, researchers affiliated with the National Institutes of Health persuaded five healthy young male volunteers to sleep in climate-controlled chambers at the N.I.H. for four months. The men went about their normal lives during the days, then returned at 8 every evening. All meals, including lunch, were provided, to keep their caloric intakes constant. They slept in hospital scrubs under light sheets.

For the first month, the researchers kept the bedrooms at 75 degrees, considered a neutral temperature that would not prompt moderating responses from the body. The next month, the bedrooms were cooled to 66 degrees, a temperature that the researchers expected might stimulate brown-fat activity (but not shivering, which usually begins at more frigid temperatures). The following month, the bedrooms were reset to 75 degrees, to undo any effects from the chillier room, and for the last month, the sleeping temperature was a balmy 81 degrees. Throughout, the subjects' blood-sugar and insulin levels and daily caloric expenditures were tracked; after each month, the amount of brown fat was measured.

The cold temperatures, it turned out, changed the men's bodies noticeably. Most striking, after four weeks of sleeping at 66 degrees, the men had almost doubled their volumes of brown fat. Their insulin sensitivity, which is affected by shifts in blood sugar, improved. The changes were slight but meaningful, says Francesco S. Celi, the study's senior author and now a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University. "These were all healthy young men to start with," he says, "but just by sleeping in a colder room, they gained metabolic advantages" that could, over time, he says, lessen their risk for diabetes and other metabolic problems. The men also burned a few more calories throughout the day when their bedroom was chillier (although not enough to result in weight loss after four weeks). The metabolic enhancements were undone after four weeks of sleeping at 81 degrees; in fact, the men then had less brown fat than after the first scan.

Makes you wonder how much brown fat accumulates from cold adaption in a bath. It's also interesting how the quickly the effect cancels out when it is not maintained. I've noticed my willpower to do cold baths quickly lowers if I don't keep up with it, and the cold weather we've been having seems to have an influence as well. I'll be trying out the cold adaption while sleeping to see if that will help maintain doing the baths.

I just want to once again encourage taking it slow and easy on the cold adaptation. Just because "the Ice Man" can do stuff, doesn't mean we can now or ever.

I don't see anything wrong with a warm shower after a period in cold to get the core temp back up if the person feels really cold and shivery.

Also, keep your minutes low as the temp goes lower. Our pool is running around 10/11 degrees C lately and I'm getting out after 10/12 minutes and MOST of the skinnies are just staying in for five. Ark goes in and out, staying about a minute each time for three dips. That's about right for him.

Remember: A water temperature of 10 °C (50 °F) can lead to death in as little as one hour, and water temperatures near freezing can cause death in as little as 15 minutes.

Laura said:
I just want to once again encourage taking it slow and easy on the cold adaptation. Just because "the Ice Man" can do stuff, doesn't mean we can now or ever.

I don't see anything wrong with a warm shower after a period in cold to get the core temp back up if the person feels really cold and shivery.

Also, keep your minutes low as the temp goes lower. Our pool is running around 10/11 degrees C lately and I'm getting out after 10/12 minutes and MOST of the skinnies are just staying in for five. Ark goes in and out, staying about a minute each time for three dips. That's about right for him.

Remember: A water temperature of 10 °C (50 °F) can lead to death in as little as one hour, and water temperatures near freezing can cause death in as little as 15 minutes.

Good that you brought that up again. I think elderly persons and especially people with health issues should really be careful about that cold adaption thing.
Safety first!

Courageous Inmate Sort said:
Thank you very much for all your explanations, gottathink. TRE really seems an interesting process but it also seems one should be careful about it, especially when learning it without a professional to guide you, given these possible undesirable side effects that you mentioned. I'll try to get Berceli's book to have a better understanding of it.
I was just catching up on this thread and saw the references to TRE. It reminded me of something I once read in Steven Pressfield's book "Gates of Fire". It was about a type of exercise the Spartans did after a battle. From the description in the book it seemed to involve a lot of shaking and throwing themselves about. I had never heard of these exercises before (or since) but Pressfield presumably had an historical reference for them. Maybe it was one of the ways that the ancient Greek warriors had of avoiding PTSD.

BTW. My impression of the book was that Pressfield had a lot more things about Sparta and Greece that he would like to have written about at greater depth but they probably got removed by his editors.

panca kanga said:
Thank you very much for all your explanations, gottathink. TRE really seems an interesting process but it also seems one should be careful about it, especially when learning it without a professional to guide you, given these possible undesirable side effects that you mentioned. I'll try to get Berceli's book to have a better understanding of it.
I was just catching up on this thread and saw the references to TRE. It reminded me of something I once read in Steven Pressfield's book "Gates of Fire". It was about a type of exercise the Spartans did after a battle. From the description in the book it seemed to involve a lot of shaking and throwing themselves about. I had never heard of these exercises before (or since) but Pressfield presumably had an historical reference for them. Maybe it was one of the ways that the ancient Greek warriors had of avoiding PTSD.

BTW. My impression of the book was that Pressfield had a lot more things about Sparta and Greece that he would like to have written about at greater depth but they probably got removed by his editors.
Yes I wonder many cultures and civilisations have incorporated trauma release practices , tribal dances etc. How and why and when was it lost from our own civilisation? Could this have been intentional by the PTB?

Laura said:

I thought that it was better for a cold adaptation to let the body work is way back to his normal temp after spending some minutes in a cold shower or pool.

Gandalf said:
Laura said:

I thought that it was better for a cold adaptation to let the body work is way back to his normal temp after spending some minutes in a cold shower or pool.

That was my understanding too....buuuuut I will gladly take a warm shower after a cold bath :lol:

Laura said:

My legs and hips can tolerate the cold much better, because I have got a nice layer of fat there, but my upper body is skinnier, so I go really easy on the cold water. I did feel my heart beating faster during a cold shower once and I stopped immediately and put a towel over my shoulders. This also happens during cold winters and hot summers, which means I have to pay attention to my body.

panca kanga said:

Just want to say what an awesome book that is! One of my favorites. Hard to say how much of it is based on sources, but I think Pressfield's reconstruction, even if fictional, is very cool and maybe even more accurate than academic accounts (inspirational influences and all that). The Spartans come across as something like precursors of the Stoics and Caesar-like self-discipline. Emotional awareness and training, strong social bonds and responsibility, and overall awesomeness. Wouldn't be surprised if they did cold adaptation. ;)

Laura said:
Mr.Cyan said:
Hi Chateau Crew,

Ive been reading updates on the "How is Laura" thread -and im really glad to hear that Laura's recovery is progressing well :)

Just a quick question on this transcript with regards to the C's comment on using a psychomantium. Is this currently being considered for the next Cs session ?

No, the psychomantium will not be used for Cs' sessions in general. We still have to get it set up with a comfortable chair for me to use there and see what is up.

Mr.Cyan said:
It seems that the psychopaths have really upped the ante now - and Mother earth & the universe are rapidly reacting in kind; hence i am really curious to know further about the complex messages that the C's want to convey...

Me too. But I can only do what I can do physically. I'm thinking that I also need a new desk chair because the one I have is extremely painful even with 15 cm of latex on it as it is now.

Thanks Laura for the reply, much much appreciated :)

I can only advise patience,perseverance and recovery will definitely be soon. All our warm thoughts are with you.

On the subject of cold therapy, just wanted to add that i normally have cold showers every night for 3 minutes in water between 12-16 degrees celsius - and it is working fine. Initially I tried getting my head constantly under the cold water and it was so cold that it was hurting after the shower, but since i read a post where you mentioned it was not necessary to immerse the head fully, as the vagus nerve enters just below the skull, I'm managing the cold showers much better. I guess its different for different persons, as we all have our different thresholds. Also since i have commenced cold therapy, sleep has been much better, and the body "heater" has indeed "come on" at odd times during the day. Really looking forward to more cold adaptation.

On a completely different note, and with reference to the subject of attacks; I want to share a small story with the Forum. As i was reading the replies to this post yesterday morning, i made a mental note to reply as soon as i got back from my weekend exercises and martial arts practice at a big public park nearby in Kowloon, Hong Kong. I was with my wife, and on the way back from the park in a taxi - my wife and I were talking about the state of the world, earth changes, and actions of psychopaths. We had also at that point just passed through many areas where roadworks were ongoing, and there was a massive din of jackhammers; and the taxi was approaching a traffic light junction during this conversation where the light was green and all cars were moving ahead. It was at this point that i concluded my conversation with the sentence " it seems right now the only thing the psychopaths know to do in these times of coming earth changes is just to create further destruction" - and at the very moment i finished my sentence our taxi had to jam the brakes as the car in front of us stopped suddenly as the light was switching from amber to red - and then "wham" we got hit from the back by a large public bus. The force was great, but luckily we were at the back seats strapped on with seat belts, and were unharmed by the accident except for some minor whiplash. It was a three vehicle pile up with our taxi in between. Indeed we both very relieved as well that all passengers & drivers in the public bus, our taxi, and the car in front were fine with no injuries.

Just can't help but think, that if all this is related in a synchronistic way, as we have never been involved in an accident before, and what state the "control system" is in, as the timing of the accident seems to too uncanny after the topic of our conversation. I guess as the C's mentioned, we should always expect attack - and we are definitely more vigilant now about our surroundings since this experience yesterday morning :) - just and interesting story to share.......

Just the other day I thought I would try 'spinning' while having the cold shower.
I quickly realised that it was too dangerous, especially for someone my age, it would be too easy to lose balance and break something, or slip and fall on the wet surfaces. It's getting easier now, but summer is moving in, and it's going to be hard to get the temperature low enough. Today it was 35 Celsius here.

Odyssey said:
Gandalf said:
Laura said:

That was my understanding too....buuuuut I will gladly take a warm shower after a cold bath :lol:

My point is to err on the side of safety. We've seen forum members go south on diet issues because they did not take the slow, easy, experimental way. We've see injuries from poor understanding of pressure cookers. The important thing is to understand the principles FIRST, experiment and go slowly. And ALWAYS err on the side of safety!!!

Back
Top Bottom