Session 11 October 2014

Nienna said:
Alana said:
lainey said:
Mariama said:
This may sound strange, but I puff a lot (some women do that when they are in labour) when I have a cold shower and it seems to help.
Yeah, I find pipe breathing makes things way easier. I don't have a bath so I tend to stand under the water and do a little dance and sing a little song

I do cold baths, but I too found that singing helps. Often it is loud and, inevitably, with a tremolo :whistle:

I'm not doing the baths, but the showers, as lainey is. And, I, too am doing a bit of "dancing" until my body numbs up enough to not need to do it anymore, but lots of turning to make sure that all sides are included in the cold. Do my version of "singing", too. :D Cold adaption and exercise all in one! :lol:

I'm now able to just "jump" into the cold showers without starting with warmer water. I still don't know what temperature it is (got a showerhead thermometer on the way), but I do turn read and it hurts my head when put my head under the flow so it should be cold enough.
I almost gave myself brain freeze the other day when I was rinsing my hair. So be mindful everyone not to keep your head under for too long if you are doing the full 10 degrees.
The song I sing is called the "you did it yesterday so you can do it today" song. I know that's a bit dumb and those are the only words to the song except when I get out I do a wee victory dance and sing "you did it yesterday and you did it today!!!"

lainey said:
Nienna said:
Alana said:
lainey said:
Mariama said:
This may sound strange, but I puff a lot (some women do that when they are in labour) when I have a cold shower and it seems to help.
Yeah, I find pipe breathing makes things way easier. I don't have a bath so I tend to stand under the water and do a little dance and sing a little song

I do cold baths, but I too found that singing helps. Often it is loud and, inevitably, with a tremolo :whistle:

I'm not doing the baths, but the showers, as lainey is. And, I, too am doing a bit of "dancing" until my body numbs up enough to not need to do it anymore, but lots of turning to make sure that all sides are included in the cold. Do my version of "singing", too. :D Cold adaption and exercise all in one! :lol:

I'm now able to just "jump" into the cold showers without starting with warmer water. I still don't know what temperature it is (got a showerhead thermometer on the way), but I do turn read and it hurts my head when put my head under the flow so it should be cold enough.
I almost gave myself brain freeze the other day when I was rinsing my hair. So be mindful everyone not to keep your head under for too long if you are doing the full 10 degrees.
The song I sing is called the "you did it yesterday so you can do it today" song. I know that's a bit dumb and those are the only words to the song except when I get out I do a wee victory dance and sing "you did it yesterday and you did it today!!!"

I'm not sure that it is a good thing to wash/rinse our head when the water is that cold. It probably stresses out the vagus nerve as Laura said previously.

Gandalf said:
Turgon said:
I'm one of the skinnies and had a scare two weeks ago where the temperature in our shower dipped to just over 10 degrees C and because I thought I was able to handle it I decided to do 13 minutes instead of the usual 10 minutes. Upon getting out I thought I was fine other than the usual chills, but when I started walking to my bedroom I felt sharp pains in my right foot. I checked and I had lost sensation in two of me toes and there didn't seem to be any blood flowing back into them. It took almost 30 minutes along with rubbing magnesium oil on my foot before the toes started to show colour again.

So now I've increased the temperature on my showers to 13 Degrees C and never for more than 10 minutes, but yeah, I was very worried that I had a serious case of frostbite. :/

Hi Turgon,

Since you are one of the skinnies, you can cut your time in two as Laura suggested.

Laura said:
I was thinking that maybe some of the skinnies ought to reduce their time in cold water a bit. I just read an article on sott about the temp of the Great Lakes and the guy said that water pulls heat from the body 25 times more efficiently than air. Ya'll don't want to get into hypothermia.

So how about a sort of rule of thumb, adjustable to specific cases, that skinnies stay in 30 seconds per degree of temp C when they start experimenting with colder water, like 20 C or lower? For water that is 15C, which is pretty cold, that would be 7.5 minutes only.

And don't forget:

Laura said:
I just want to once again encourage taking it slow and easy on the cold adaptation. Just because "the Ice Man" can do stuff, doesn't mean we can now or ever.

I don't see anything wrong with a warm shower after a period in cold to get the core temp back up if the person feels really cold and shivery.

Also, keep your minutes low as the temp goes lower. Our pool is running around 10/11 degrees C lately and I'm getting out after 10/12 minutes and MOST of the skinnies are just staying in for five. Ark goes in and out, staying about a minute each time for three dips. That's about right for him.

Remember: A water temperature of 10 °C (50 °F) can lead to death in as little as one hour, and water temperatures near freezing can cause death in as little as 15 minutes.

Thanks, Gandalf! I'm going to scale back on how long is spent in the shower and start paying more attention to how my body is responding.

Every cold shower is a battle. Sometimes I'll stand in the warm water until I'm ready to go full on cold. I'll only wash my face. Then when full cold I'll wash the rest of my body and take breaks just to get the cold water on me. I too have had the brain freezes if I keep my head under too long. And my skin will start to burn if I stay in one position for too long. Last week I measured the water to be 11C/52F.

I've only taken two cold baths. Last time I timed it for 10 minutes and I was shivering at what seemed to be 3 or 4 minutes. But then you get used to it and it doesn't seem bad. And I was surprised when the timer went off, it seemed quick. I don't shiver much in the shower, just a little after when I let myself drip dry a little. My back and abdomen areas stay heated up after for about 30 minutes. And after every shower I feel great in mood, and I always wonder why I had so much resistance. I forget every time that I love the cold shower! I'm doing every other day too and the off day when I take a warm one it actually feels a little discomforting. I feel a kind of disgusting warmth all over after taking a regular shower.

The advice to take it easy may be a sort of blessing. I don't think I'm overdoing mine though. Maybe on the head part, because I thought the head loses heat most easily and it's refreshing. Just make sure you don't get close to the brain freeze point. The baths are easier, the shower does seem to be more challenging with the added wind chill factor. But I'll stick to the shower, since the bath takes longer because I will shower afterward to soap up and wash off.

3D Student said:
I don't think I'm overdoing mine though.

I spoke a bit too soon. Like Turgon, on my last bath I started getting numb fingertips after it was over and I was showering and washing off. I had the water only lukewarm at first, but when my fingers started to lose feeling, I turned it up more. The sensation was back in a few minutes. I noticed that even with the warm shower water, some body parts remained cool after the cold bath.

My feet and hands get cold easily in the cold air, and I was shivering at what seemed 2-3 minutes into the bath. So I'd +1 the advice to not overdo anything and be careful. I will shoot for a 7 minute bath if I do another, instead of 10 minutes. Otherwise it's the quicker cold showers.

Alana said:
lainey said:
Mariama said:

Me I yell cats and dogs: one cat two dogs three cats four dogs. This tends me to concentrate my mind on cats and dogs and not on my body that is receiving cold water on. ;D

I`m doing this cold showers almost 2 months. Every day before bed. Now the water reached 10 Degrees. I never put my head under such a cold water for a long time. Only my body. For the head i will just make it wet for a few seconds and nothing more. I stay under that water for max 10 minutes. Its do refreshing. When i started i have a need to cry when i shocked myself with cold water. Now i feel it very pleasant. My body cold resistance is very improved. Few weeks ago i had a very bad acid reflux and i suspected the cold showers but it was just a stress related. Litle more self control and more regular EE fixed that too.

I've been into the protocol for about a month right now, starting little by little with 5min then adding minutes days after days till 11 or 12 min. I can only do cold showers but I tried the difference doing the a couple of baths at my parent's house and it really felt different. I agree with the less discomfort the bath gives, though for me, the shivering period was way more intense after bathing then showering. When I do the showers I don't shiver a lot anymore so I'm asking if in this case, the time under it must be elongated till the point when shivering start.
Also: How do you behave in case of a seasonal flu? I had one couple of days ago so I didn't shower. When I really had to, I took a warm one and after this time in cold adaptation it felt really unpleasant in the end...

I usually do until i get to shiver. It usually from 8-9 minutes and sometimes i need more time. Depends of water temperature.I think its mentioned somewhere in this post that the shiver the shock triggers body to increase core temperature .
Until now since i started with cold showers i didn't have any colds. Interesting situation. If it is a mild cold maybe its is ok, i don't know but if its more severe then maybe its better to wait when the cold will gone. Listen to your body. I think its best rule.

A: Close Biogenetic engineering.

Q: I assume that this was truncated by the Lizzies and cohorts?

A: Close, but more likely Orion STS designers.

Q: Okay, can you tell us what this specific liquid or transmitter was truncated?

A: Think of the most efficient conductor of chemical compounds for low wave frequency charge.

Q: (A) Well, gold is one... (L) Acetylcholine?

A: No.

Q: (L) Water?

Q: Saline?

A: Closer. It is a naturally bonding combination.

My opinion is that it is melatonin. Since melatonin is in the group of salts and is presented as an excellent conduit. I may be wrong, I do not know, give your opinion. But to be consumed during the day, not at night.
However this is only my opinion. Perhaps the best Laura to raise the issue at the next session with casiopeans.

Lamadu said:

Q: Okay, can you tell us what this specific liquid or transmitter was truncated?

A: Think of the most efficient conductor of chemical compounds for low wave frequency charge.

My opinion is that it is melatonin. Since melatonin is in the group of salts and is presented as an excellent conduit. I may be wrong, I do not know, give your opinion. But to be consumed during the day, not at night.
However this is only my opinion. Perhaps the best Laura to raise the issue at the next session with casiopeans.

What session is this from?

Lamadu said:

I thought Laura had found the answer to this question when she linked it to some research that showed (virus) DNA had both liquid and crystalline phases?

Does anyone know if any psychomantium sessions have taken place between the date of this last transcript and now?

wizard_9898 said:
Does anyone know if any psychomantium sessions have taken place between the date of this last transcript and now?

Not that I'm aware of.

Laura is recovering from a severe back injury and can only sit a few minutes a day.

There are also dozens of projects being worked on by the SOTT and forum crew.

There's plenty of treasures to be found in the forum pages if one is so inclined to look.

Back
Top Bottom