Session 13 December 2014

(Perceval) That's why people like this HumbertoLVX guy, they're into from the point of view of "Just give me the answers." They don't even know what they can or cannot perceive themselves.

(L) It's a complete misunderstanding of, or an inability, to comprehend the true nature of STS and STO.

IMO STO nature is more from the feeling center then the intellectual center sure you have to use all your centers but I have felt over the years my Feeling center has grown in knowledge and awareness. If the C's didn't give an answer there was and still is always a part of me that says damn I want to know but after that initial reaction there is a feeling of trust and purpose in the "not telling" of the C's because at the end of the day every word, action, reaction or non reaction or silence or non answer is all telling in one way or another however if you don't have a proper feeling center then you can't properly trust situations, people and circumstances. Its also STS to just want something and not thing how will this impact me and others. After you receive something (energy) what happens to that energy are you ready for it can you handle it? IMO if you receive what you are not ready for it can do more damage then good obviously this has been pointed out here.

When it comes to what the C's have said about Perceval current "Time" in life reminds me that history repeats itself in the macrocosm the universe and the microcosm our individual lives. The situations have different faces and or places but the opportunity for growth "success" in one way or another and the opportunity for entropy are still there. IMO Percival on a deep level knows this - this is why this question as been on the mind, this is why it has been asked. The C's used the same words that G uses when talking about Super Efforts. It is no real effort to do the same thing you have done for years that wont lead to much more growth however in going against your habits this takes effort that you are not use to Super efforts that will lead to growth the opposite of entropy. This is an amazing time for Percival and anyone else that is being presented with new opportunities who reads this session because it is time to ACT! I am also reminded of a saying from Anart former forum member – “Do what it doesn’t want to do”

I wanted to thank you for the session and share the fact that I also have problems with my partner like it's said at the beginning of the session:
In general, a person who "finds" answers to questions is not trying to get out of responsibility, so the other partner ought to be able to demonstrate their love and colinearity by joining them on the quest, or at least offering support for what is important and of lasting value. This woman will not complain if her husband's work contributes to her survival and that of her family. In short, each situation can be different.

I'm searching for a job, any kind of a job available, but it's not going well and my partner is so angry at me, oh it's ugly.

I have to go now, thanks for the session and comments. Bye :)

A: Keep in mind that you have dealt with things the same way for so long that there are very deep tracks in the brain. At the same time, there are circuits that have been little or never used.

I'm currently reading Tom Stonier's Beyond Information, and thought that the following excerpt might be a good expansion on the above quote from this session:

Edelman’s Theory of “Neural Darwinism”

Edelman’s theory involves the following set of ideas and concepts:

1. During embryo development there is laid down an extremely complex neural network. This constitutes the primary anatomy of the brain.

2. Learning involves the superimposition of patterns of connections onto this primary network. Such patterns are not created by creating new, or more, connections, but by strengthening existing pathways.

3. Pathways compete with each other. Patterns of connections are nourished by stimuli and grow stronger at the expense of weaker ones, which decay and are overridden. Note it is the weaker connections which disappear, not the neurons themselves.

Let us now examine and expand on these propositions.

1. During embryogenesis there is laid down an incredibly complex neuronal network in the brain. Cellular adhesion molecules (CAMs) determine which cells attach to which other cells, thereby creating localized areas in the brain – the brain’s major substructures. These substructures include all the centres which analyze and code sensory inputs and motor outputs. Within these substructures of the brain, and across them, a myriad of connections are established. This is the primary architecture at birth.

Note that the combination of genetic and epigenetic factors which determine these connections (called synapses) are so complex that although the macro structure is roughly the same from one individual to the next (within any given species), the microstructure is infinitely varied and unpredictable. Genetic twins do not have an identical brain architecture at birth.

2. Learning involves the superimposition of patterns on this neural network. Such patterns are not created by creating new, or more, connections (synapses), but by strengthening existing pathways.

This idea – that changes I the strength of synaptic transmission due to usage of certain critical neural pathways underlies the learning process and represents the basis of memory – has been around for over 75 years. However, the first support of this hypothesis did not occur until 1973, when Bliss and Lomo found that the brief, repetitive activation of certain nerve pathways in the hippocampus of rabbits caused an increase in the strength of synaptic transmissions that could last for days or even weeks. Since the hippocampus is a part of the brain thought to be important in information storage, their findings appeared to be particularly significant. This long-lasting increase in the strength of synaptic transmission is called “long-term potentiation” (LTP). LTP represents the most likely explanation for the cellular mechanism underlying the phenomena of memory and learning […]

Thus the memory of an object such as a “locomotive” is not some visual image stored somewhere in the brain like a photograph or a slide. It is not even a coded version of such a visual image, the way such an image may be stored on an optical disk, or patterns of on/off switches, to be retrieved by a computer looking up the correct address. Rather the brain remembers the “locomotive” as ephemeral patterns of associations and experiences processed and integrated with other, related patterns all across the brain.

When a “locomotive” is first seen by an individual – child, or adult – a whole series of stimuli are presented to the brain. The brain experiences a “locomotive”. First, there is its shape. Second, there is its color. Those two features alone are sufficient to present a unique pattern as an object. But then it moves, creating brain patterns unique to objects which move. Further, it makes puffs of smoke and clouds of steam. And the noise! Frightening! This activates the limbic system. Patterns experienced while we are frightened (or angry, or in love) are greatly strengthened, therefore more strongly imprinted on our memory.

If sufficiently intense, the pattern may persist (be remembered) for a lifetime. However, such a pattern will need to be reinforced because all learned patterns (in contrast to genetic ones) decay with time.

The brain of an adult (or older child) would already contain patterns abstracted, and quite distinct from, direct experiential patterns such as seeing a locomotive. There would, for example, exist a pattern of abstractions to cover the category “transportation equipment”. This would include all objects which themselves move and in addition can carry or transport other things. A second category of abstractions would include “materials”, causing the visual inputs to look for patterns like bright shiny objects, characteristic of certain metals. Other characteristics might cause the brain to infer that the locomotive was made of iron. A third category of abstractions would consist of a huge constellation of patterns to cover the category “words”, and the sub-category “nouns”, that is words which refer to a person, place or thing. In searching for a word pattern to cover the new experience (the locomotive) the brain might well come up with a new word combination, based on previously stored patterns – for example, “iron horse” as did the North American Indians, and, for that matter, as did the French (Chemin-de-fer).

To differentiate a horse from a locomotive is easy, especially when other sensual experiences are included: A horse smells differently from a locomotive; it feels different to the touch; when put to the mouth – as babies and young children exploring their world would – it would create further unique patterns; it looks different; it moves differently; etc. Nevertheless the idea of creating a new word category “iron horse” to describe a previously unexperienced object such as a “locomotive” is a basic process which we appear to share – judging from the work of the Premacks – with our closest primate cousins the chimpanzees.

The strength of the neural connections making up any given pattern is a function of at least two processes. The first involves repetition: If the same sets of networks are repeatedly activated, they automatically become more efficient and the connections become strengthened. The second involves those experiences which are so important to the organism that they are imprinted virtually forever (or at least until injury or death causes the brain to malfunction) in response to a single event. These involve experiences associated with great danger or great joy. The events leading up to the situation, the scene, the surroundings all make up a great part of the fabric of such an experience and are remembered. It has been established that an increased involvement of the limbic system at the time of an incident – presumably mediated by changes in hormonal states – causes the accident to be remembered better. The juxtaposition of objects, surroundings and events leading up to, for example, a dangerous confrontation generating fear not only create patterns in the brain, but are remembered by the individual as patterns of association. Such patterns constitute a form of wisdom: They allow an individual to “smell trouble ahead.”

The bulk of human intelligence does not derive from the human brain’s ability to deduce conclusions by the application of logic, but rather by its ability to make inferences by perceiving patterns of association. This summarizes the cul-de-sac classical artificial intelligence got into: The primary emphasis was to emulate human thought by working with classical von Neumann type computers, i.e., binary-based logic machines. In contrast, the human brain is an analogue device with an incredibly complex circuitry attuned to picking up patterns of association.

3. Patterns of connections, if they are not periodically reinforced, decay. Reinforcement can come from external stimuli, or internal stimuli – simply thinking about something or remembering, or trying to remember something. Probably sleep is an important factor in helping the decay of trivial connections. Remembering where you parked the car yesterday, or what you ate for breakfast last week, is not likely to make much difference to your future (unless you were poisoned at breakfast, or found a new, secret place to park which would stand you in good stead in the future).

Edelman introduces the concept of neural competition: Some patterns of connection are nourished by stimuli and grow stronger at the expense of other patterns. The weaker ones, which decay, are overridden. Keep in mind that any given nerve or nerve cluster may participate in any one of thousands of patterns, just as a letter or a word may participate in any one of thousands of sentences. It is the weaker connections which disappear, not the neurons themselves.

The “survival of the fittest networks”, i.e., the networks selected for by the brain’s activity, is referred to by Edelman as “neural Darwinism.”

If the above explanations of how the human brain works prove to be correct then one may not only marvel at the simplicity of such an ingenious device – its adaptability and efficiency for learning to recognize complex patterns of association – but also recognize its weaknesses.

First, a neural network which generates memories by strengthening patterns of connections based on constellations of external sensory inputs plus internal associated interpretations is very prone to superstition. Let us consider a hypothetical case. You are driving down a lovely country lane past a farmyard. It is a partly cloudy day. In the distance, to your left, you can hear the faint fumble of thunder, nearby a cock crows, and you hear a tractor sputtering somewhere in the farmyard. The wind rustles through the trees, you see white sheep in the meadow, brown chickens in the farmyard, and a black cat crossing the road ahead. You smell the pungent smell of the farmyard and you admire the thick hawthorn hedges. You come around the bend and – crash into the tractor which has just come in from a side road! Fortunately, you were going slowly and nobody got hurt. But you are shaken. Your adrenalin levels are up and your heart is beating overtime.

In recounting the event later you are struck by the way your mind goes over and over your impressions of that scene just prior to the crash. Nature meant it to be that way. The physiological stress associated with the accident made certain that the lightly weighted connection – the “commonplace” sensory inputs describing the scene above – became heavily weighted. Somewhere in all these “commonplace” sensory inputs lie hidden environmental clues to an impending disaster. The neural network does not discriminate specifics. If in the near future you came around a similar bend, the smell of a farmyard, the crow of a cock, any of these would trigger a state of alert. If a cock crowed just before you had another accident, the neural network would strengthen still further the association between cocks crowing and accidents.

The neural connections may, of course, be strengthened as a result of other processes. To the ancient Greeks, thunder to the left meant a warning from the gods. Our own western culture believes crossing the path of a black cat brings bad luck. Analyzing the accident after the event, depending on your cultural background, you might decide, for different reasons, that the most important environmental clue to the impending disaster – the clue to watch out for under similar circumstances next time – was the thunder, the black cat or the sputtering sound of a tractor. This thinking about the accident, going over it, over and over again, leads to a further strengthening of the neural connections involved. Thus the original associations undergo a process of neural Darwinism. Those pre-accident inputs which appear highly relevant to you are upgraded – if you are one kind of person, you’ll focus on the sputtering tractor engine, if another, on the black cat crossing the road. This subsequent upgrading of certain associations will be at the expense of the others. Thus those pre-accident inputs which appear irrelevant to you will be downgraded and their neural pathways will decay faster.

People who have suffered a trauma, either an injury (physical or psychological) to themselves or to a friend or loved one – perhaps leading to the death of the individual – tend to go over the events leading to the trauma, over and over again. This is an adaptive response – processing the information by running over the circuits, over and over, to extract vital clues from the pattern, clues which might have allowed the trauma to be averted in the first place. Such a process may, however, lead to a pathology by putting a neural network into a self-stimulating resonant cycle – i.e., “thinking in a rut”. One of the antidotes to this phenomenon is sleep. On the other hand, if the process becomes sufficiently intense to constitute a psychopathology, more drastic measures such as drug treatments, or even electroconvulsive shock therapy, may be needed in order to break such a cycle. However, it must be recognized that going over a particular situation repeatedly is a natural form of information processing for a neural network analyzing patterns of connections.

Not unrelated to this is the phenomenon of absent-mindedness, and the tendency for “Freudian slips”. In both instances, the newer, more appropriate, response required of the moment becomes overridden by the more deeply ingrained habits of the mind.

Lastly, an obvious weakness of neural networks is that they are fuzzy and imprecise. All inputs are filtered through numerous nodes and pathways, all of which are likely to have been used for some other purpose previously, or worse, used for similar purposes which may cause a complete misinterpretation of the new inputs. One is reminded of the old tale about Julius Caesar deciding to pardon a soldier condemned to death, by issuing the order: “Execute not, spare!” which unfortunately was garbled in transit to “Execute, not spare!” by moving the comma. A comparable situation, though less critical, must occur over and over again inside our brain.

Really interesting info to think about the neural networks in the brain. I wonder, though, about the subconscious/unconscious parts of the mind that never forget anything - even if these memories faded over time as described above - as revealed by hypnosis, for example.

SeekinTruth said:
Really interesting info to think about the neural networks in the brain. I wonder, though, about the subconscious/unconscious parts of the mind that never forget anything - even if these memories faded over time as described above - as revealed by hypnosis, for example.

That's a good question. The way I presently understand it is that that subconscious part is the electromagnetic soul, which is constantly recording everything via the centers whether we're aware of it or not, and is ultimately embedded within the larger 'cosmic information field' (aka the 'Akashic records') -- it's what cycles through incarnations (this sidesteps the question of 'growing a soul' in the Gurdjieffan sense). The brain and its neural networks, on the other hand, are part of the hardware of physical bodies -- being material, they are more delimited and more transient, but they are what we have available to use for conscious work as long as we are embodied. There does seem to be communication between the two, however, although the fidelity can depend on various factors. This is speculative, and there may be more to it than this.

Laura said:
pointer nearly flying off the board] The love bite scenario is more a government disinformation program for the weak minded and susceptible than anything else. Notice that all the effects can be easily produced with microwave manipulation of consciousness and emotions along with the normal interactions of social programming and psychopathology.

Good to hear about the microwave manipulation again. I once, ten years ago, had a very weird 18 months relationship with all the love bite characteristics and from the day we started going out felt this strange dizziness that stopped when I ended it. I wonder now if it was a side effect of microwaves. :huh:

M.T.

Shijing said:
SeekinTruth said:

That's a good question. The way I presently understand it is that that subconscious part is the electromagnetic soul, which is constantly recording everything via the centers whether we're aware of it or not, and is ultimately embedded within the larger 'cosmic information field' (aka the 'Akashic records') -- it's what cycles through incarnations (this sidesteps the question of 'growing a soul' in the Gurdjieffan sense). The brain and its neural networks, on the other hand, are part of the hardware of physical bodies -- being material, they are more delimited and more transient, but they are what we have available to use for conscious work as long as we are embodied. There does seem to be communication between the two, however, although the fidelity can depend on various factors. This is speculative, and there may be more to it than this.

Yeah, that's pretty close to my understanding too. Then there's the thing Gurdjieff said along the line that our subconscious/unconscious should be our conscious mind. That points to the so-called "veil" when we incarnate and also if we complete the Work (I guess reaching Man #7), when the Master takes control of the carriage analogy, then the soul's awareness becomes conscious?

SeekinTruth said:
Yeah, that's pretty close to my understanding too. Then there's the thing Gurdjieff said along the line that our subconscious/unconscious should be our conscious mind. That points to the so-called "veil" when we incarnate and also if we complete the Work (I guess reaching Man #7), when the Master takes control of the carriage analogy, then the soul's awareness becomes conscious?

I don't completely understand the distinctions between men 4-7 yet, but I think what you're suggesting is consistent with what is mentioned in the CassWiki:

Boris Mouravieff and P. D. Ouspensky speak of the possibility of attaining all the development possible in the human form. This is the end of the Fourth Way, when one has become 'man number 7,' in possession of a permanent individuality and voluntary access to all states of consciousness humanly possible. Such attainment is virtually unknown in history and even recognizing such would be problematic.

Other entries there relevant to this topic are the ones on subconscious, soul and bodies of man.

I'm also presently reading Scattered by Gabor Mate, on the recommendation of some friends who felt that I should look into ADD. It's an excellent book so far, and on par with When the Body Says No -- I'm looking forward to reading In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts which is still on the stack. He happens to also write about neural Darwinism, so I'm copying the relevant section:

Scattered (p. 65-68) said:
According to the latest insights of modern neuroscience, brain development in the human infant involves a process of competition that has been described as “neural Darwinism”. Neural cells, circuits, networks and systems of networks vie with one another for survival. The neurons and connections most useful to the organism’s survival in its given environment are maintained. Others wither and die. Nerve pathways lacking the full conditions for growth will not develop, or will develop dysfunctionally and incompletely. The stores of neurochemicals that are underutilized diminish, and the brain’s capacity to manufacture them declines. By the elimination of unused cells and synapes, and by the formation of new ones favored by the environment, specialized circuits gradually develop that conduct the varied and multiple activities of the human brain.

Neural Darwinism means that our genetic potential for brain development can find its full expression only if circumstances are favorable. To understand this, we need only imagine an infant kept in a dark room, held, physically cared for and fed, but never spoken to. After a year of such deprivation, the brain of this infant would not be comparable to those of other infants, no matter what her inherited potential. Despite perfectly good eyes at birth and healthy nerves to conduct visual images to the brain, the thirty or so neurological units that together make up visual sense would not develop. Even the neurological components of vision present at birth would atrophy and become useless if this child never saw light for about five years. Irreversible blindness would be the result. If we surrounded the child with silence for the first ten years, he would never be able to learn human speech. Attention deficit disorder is also an example of how the neural circuitry and biochemistry of the brain may be held back from developing optimally when appropriate input from the environment is interfered with. What, then, are the optimal conditions for full brain development?

The three conditions without which healthy growth does not take place can be taken for granted in the matrix of the womb: nutrition, a physically secure environment and the unbroken relationship with a safe, ever-present maternal organism. The word matrix is derived from the Latin for “womb”, itself derived from the word for “mother”. The womb is mother, and in many respects the mother remains the womb, even following birth. In the womb environment, no action or reaction on the developing infant’s part is required for the provision of any of his needs. Life in the womb is surely the prototype of life in the Garden of Eden where nothing can possibly be lacking, nothing has to be worked for. If there is no consciousness – we have not yet eaten of the Tree of Knowledge – there is also no deprivation or anxiety.

Except in conditions of extreme poverty unusual in the industrialized world, although not unknown, the nutritional needs and shelter requirements of infants are more or less satisfied. The third prime requirement, a secure, safe and not overly stressed emotional atmosphere, is the one most likely to be disrupted in Western societies.

The human infant lacks the capacity to follow or cling to the parent soon after being born, and is neurologically and biochemically underdeveloped in many other ways. The first nine months or so of extrauterine life seem to have been intended by nature as the second part of gestation. The anthropologis Ashley Montagu has called this pahase exterogestation, gestation outside the maternal body. During this period, the security of the womb must be provided by the parenting environment. To allow for the maturation of the brain and nervous system that in other species occurs in the uterus, the attachment that was until birth directly physical now needs to be continued on both physical and emotional levels. Physically and psychologically, the parenting environment must contain and hold the infant as securely as she was held in the womb.

For the second nine months of gestation, nature does provide a near-substitute for the direct umbilical connection: breast-feeding. Apart from its irreplaceable nutritional value and the immune protection it gives the infant, breast-feeding serves as a transitional stage from unbroken physical attachment to complete separation from the mother’s body. Now outside the matrix of the womb, the infant is nevertheless held close to the warmth of the maternal body from which nourishment continues to flow. Breast-feeding also deepens the mother’s feeling of connectedness to the baby, enhancing the emotionally symbiotic bonding relationship. No doubt the decline of breast-feeding, particularly accelerated in North America, has contributed to the emotional insecurities so prevalent in industrialized countries.

Even more than breast-feeding, healthy brain development requires emotional security and warmth in the infant’s environment. This security is more than the love and best possible intentions of the parents. It depends also on a less controllable variable, their freedom from stresses that can undermine their psychological equilibrium. A calm and consistent emotional milieu throughout infancy is an essential requirement for the wiring of the neuro-physiological circuits of self-regulation. When interfered with, as it often is in our society, brain development is adversely affected. ADD is one of the possible consequences.

SeekinTruth said:
Shijing said:
SeekinTruth said:

Wow, so many things that are coming together and how so important it is to strive for objectivity, whether it is in studies or our own personal experiences/emotions.

I am reminded of the C's explaining that the wave was consisted of "Feeling. Hyperkinetic sensate."

From the book Shing quoted: "One of the antidotes to this phenomenon is sleep."

Some interesting info that connects to this session about sleep:
Laura said:
June 9, 1996
<SNIP>
Q: (L) Is it essential, in an evolutionary sense, for the human body to sleep?
A: Yes.

Q: (L) Why is it that carnivores need more sleep than herbivores, and on down?
A: Physicality, my dear, physicality.

Q: (L) What is it about physicality that necessitates sleep? What are we doing while we are sleeping?
A: Body recharge.

Q: (L) Where is the body being recharged from or what is it being recharged by?
A: Rest.

Q: (L) What is the soul doing while the body is sleeping?
A: Same, it taxes the soul greatly to be embodied.

Q: (L) Is this why, when people suffer sleep deprivation, they go psychotic?
A: Yes.

Q: (L) Why are the results of sleep deprivation, psychosis, delirium tremens, and psychedelic drugs and some mystical states so similar in their expressions and manifestations? What is being seen?
A: Openings.

Q: (L) Well, if doing without sleep provides an opening, what is it an opening to?
A: Density levels 4 and up.

Q: (L) It would seem to me - well, why is this not good?
A: Who said it wasn't?

Q: (L) Well, apparently a lot of people who have psychotic episodes, literally go out of their minds. They can no longer function in this world. They LOCK them up!
A: Yes...

Q: (L) Why does melatonin induce these openings?
A: Gentle hallucinogen.

Q: (L) SV's mother took it and got all discombobulated with it!
A: Perception is key. If you really "dig" 3rd density, it makes you uncomfortable to see into the higher densities.

Laura said:
Session Date: November 28th 2009
<SNIP>
A: The wave is coming, you are teaching people to surf it instead of being dragged under and out to stormy seas.

Q: (L) You once said that the wave was something like "hyperkinetic sensate". And I've often wondered if that means that it's something that massively amplifies whatever is inside an individual? And if that were the case and they were full of a lot of unpleasant, painful, miserable feelings, repressed and suppressed thoughts and so forth, and something that was hyperkinetic sensate amplified all of that, what would it do to that individual? I mean, can you imagine any of us in our worst state of feeling yucky and then having that amplified a bazillion times? If it was bad stuff inside you, you would implode!

A: Soul smashing!

Q: (L) So it is really important for people to go through this process of cleansing to prepare themselves for that?

A: Yes, then they will "rise up with wings as eagles"!

So, if the Wave is "Feeling. Hyperkinetic sensate.", it connects to the idea that by bringing our subconscious/unconscious to the conscious mind is the preparation to face the hyperkinetic sensate. In the book "The 5th Option" by Bryant Shiller, he speaks of evolution as happening in quantum jumps. In quantum theory, an electron for example, will stay at a valence until there is a certain amount of energy that allows it to jump up a valence level. Perhaps the wave is this energy input that allows for that big jump in "consciousness" quantum state?

Soul smashing makes me think of what I have read about PTSD and trauma. Future experiences get processed as attacks or death and it disrupts the person, unless they can face those fears and pains (negative emotions and conscious suffering).

Instead of creating order, entropy happens due to disorganization (as Shiller explained in information theory and how biology doesn't violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics by use of intellgence). This smashing might be as Shiller could explain as death (of consciousness), where the leftover raw materials decay by entropy. Perhaps soul smashing is a decay of consciousness to be gobbled up by STS, who forever seek to feed to grow their own power (as they are disconnected from the source).

I'm reminded of the C's stating that "simple karmic lessons" are what we are to learn here. In thinking of karma, objectivity seems the one thing that would stop the karmic wheel, the continuous "3535" recycling/reincarnating.

The 50% STO cutoff possibility is this "critical mass" of objectivity needed in order to surf that wave and jump to the next quantum state. Without that, it might be like Shiller explained with life having a self-destruct mode in order to not pass along bad DNA in the mutation.

Incredible turn here. Unbelievable. Two days ago i heard the talk of my mother and sister about my broken marriage with Svetlana (though indeed we are not yet officially divorced -living separately for more than a year)-and heard that when my mother spoke on the telephone with Sveta (i and my relatives still communicate from time to time with her as friends) she mentioned writing to Laura about our issue. I thought at first that i misheard that fact, but i asked again and received confirmation. Then i reread many times the session in english and in russian (on dreamland-exit.info). What I do not still understand - the children issue. Sveta in her letter did not say that she had 3 babies-it was an appeal to Laura - as a wife and mother of 3 children. But the Cs answered as if Sveta already had 3 and wanted fourth. That misinterpretation led me to think during writing my first post in this thread that this case is just a coincidence.

Perceval said:
I think it's a fairly common function of human language communication that people tend to "talk around" the point(s) they really want to make. In the same way that System 1 motivations are usually fairly basic but are translated by System 2 into a rather wordy narrative, people often 'beat around the bush' with their narratives also, even when they know what they want to say, and could say, in a more honest, straight-forward way.

If I were to apply this idea to your post Humberto, and read between the lines:

Your close friend Bernhard is criticized in a previous session.

You then make a post in that session thread that:

A) somewhat cryptically accuses me of engaging in "a subconscious transference of spiteful emotion [because of your] association with Bernhard"

and then

B) pursues an elaborate, and largely tangential, argument laden with faulty logic and assumptions, before finally bringing yourself to the conclusion that the Cs session, in which your close friend was criticized, may not be valid.

Could that, perhaps, be the more prosaic argument you wanted to put forward?

The above is very insightful, not only in terms of the referenced situation, but also as a mirror for us to see ourselves. I'm thankful for the way the participants chose to address Humberto's response, as it serves as a case study for us to reflect upon. The impression that I received as I read Humberto's response was that it is a thinly veiled, over-intellectualized attack with nothing hinting of a sincere desire to arrive at the objective truth of the situation; it struck me thusly because I've played out that program enough to recognize it. If we put ourselves in the position of either side, and consider how we would respond/react, we will come away with some important lessons. The contrast in non-defensive, emotionally dispassionate and factual responses vs emotionally charged defensive mechanisms that show clearly through a poorly constructed web of façades is readily observed, I think, and is a good picture of what we all look like when our programs are showing.

I was pretty surprised about Bernhard - I enjoyed reading his stuff although it got a bit monotonous and almost mechanical after a while - like a mechanical repetition of the material he references. I did read the love bite article before reading this session and it did leave quite an impression on me, it allowed me to see my relationships in a different light, but in hindsight I can see that there was an unnecessary focus on being a victim of forces beyond our realm.

Thanks for the session guys.

Antony said:
Incredible turn here. Unbelievable. Two days ago i heard the talk of my mother and sister about my broken marriage with Svetlana (though indeed we are not yet officially divorced -living separately for more than a year)-and heard that when my mother spoke on the telephone with Sveta (i and my relatives still communicate from time to time with her as friends) she mentioned writing to Laura about our issue. I thought at first that i misheard that fact, but i asked again and received confirmation. Then i reread many times the session in english and in russian (on dreamland-exit.info). What I do not still understand - the children issue. Sveta in her letter did not say that she had 3 babies-it was an appeal to Laura - as a wife and mother of 3 children. But the Cs answered as if Sveta already had 3 and wanted fourth. That misinterpretation led me to think during writing my first post in this thread that this case is just a coincidence.

Hello Antony,

I am just wondering about Svetlana's letter that read by Laura.

-----
Dear Laura,
My name is Svetlana. I live in Russia. My adorable husband started to follow Cassiopaea site three years ago.
Please don't take it unkindly I truly respect the work you do and there are many interesting this there to learn but since that time my husband has been changed. He is not longer want to have a baby and our marriage is almost broken, he is taking all the time about the GREAT TRANSITION, says he is a NEW man who does not love me any longer.
I’m addressing to you as to wife and mother of three children. I pray you to help me to find the way out of this dead-lock. Could you give me some advice or something because I think that now you know my husband better then me.
Please play attention to this letter a matter of life and death.
-----

We can see the e-mail came to Laura's personal blog, clearly stated that she is wife and mother of three children.
And you are baffling because Sveta's letter did not say that she had 3 babies-but, it was an appeal to Laura's.

How do you know that Sveta's letter did not say, she had 3 babies?
Because she say so?
Are you believing your ex-wife's word?
Is she always tell you absolutely true?

Anyway from you post on reply #121, it appeared you're don't have any children.
But then who knows, she might have 3 children somewhere that you don't know about.

Some interesting things about people, in the heat of the moment, many people reveals something that, even person is not realize until later.

Hello Antony,

I am just wondering about Svetlana's letter that read by Laura.

-----
Dear Laura,
My name is Svetlana. I live in Russia. My adorable husband started to follow Cassiopaea site three years ago.
Please don't take it unkindly I truly respect the work you do and there are many interesting this there to learn but since that time my husband has been changed. He is not longer want to have a baby and our marriage is almost broken, he is taking all the time about the GREAT TRANSITION, says he is a NEW man who does not love me any longer.
I’m addressing to you as to wife and mother of three children. I pray you to help me to find the way out of this dead-lock. Could you give me some advice or something because I think that now you know my husband better then me.
Please play attention to this letter a matter of life and death.
-----

We can see the e-mail came to Laura's personal blog, clearly stated that she is wife and mother of three children.
And you are baffling because Sveta's letter did not say that she had 3 babies-but, it was an appeal to Laura's.

How do you know that Sveta's letter did not say, she had 3 babies?
Because she say so?
Are you believing your ex-wife's word?
Is she always tell you absolutely true?

Anyway from you post on reply #121, it appeared you're don't have any children.
But then who knows, she might have 3 children somewhere that you don't know about.

Some interesting things about people, in the heat of the moment, many people reveals something that, even person is not realize until later.
Kay Kim,
Thanks for your question. After all those years i returned to this thread. sorry for a bit late answer🙆.
Quote- ‘I’m addressing to you as to ! wife and mother of three children’.
Here Svetlana is clearly appealing to Laura as a wife and mother of 3 children (Sveta never read wave, adventures and other books and she did not know how many children Laura had, she misheard from me probably).
But it interestingly played out -the day when session was posted-i was rereading it maaaany times and made right decision that evening and avoided an unwanted future situation. So i then interpreted that month’s lag before realising that it was my case- as an intentional writing by C’s. 👍🙏
Sveta did not have any children before me for sure, i knew her family, history etc. When i met her she was 23.

Back
Top Bottom